Irvine Unified School District Employee Reviews

Work hours are very convenient and allow flexibility
Noon Duty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cypress village elementary schoolAugust 31, 2017
Work hours are very convenient and allow flexibility.
the job required us to be outdoors monitoring kids during their lunch times and recess
the management is good and approachable
workplace culture is friendly and pleasant
Competitive environment and great learning experience
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 27, 2017
There is a lot of competition in the school district and you learn an extensive amount of skills while working on the job. In addition you learn to multi-task in a fast passed environment and get to help students, families and staff.
Excellent school district that provides quality education.
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 23, 2017
Irvine is an unique school district wherein children thrive and their innately diverse abilities are maximized.
The culture is one in which parents, teachers and administrators have a combined objective to further the development of the pupils.
Great environment and team to work with.
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2017
Great Place to work. Good starting salary. job security an place to move ahead. if you like to work with children in any capacity, this is the place to join.
busy day
SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2017
A typical day in my classroom is very busy. We are constantly on the go. I have learned many strategies in special ed. However the hardest part of my job is how the classroom is conducted and how little support I receive. By far the best thing of my job is making a difference in these students lives and forming a relationship with the families.
Pros
making a difference, paid vacation/sick days
Cons
Hard to receive benefits
Instructional Assistant in the Special Ed Program (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 21, 2017
Loved working there. Great place to work. I learned a lot from everyone there. The kids were great, i miss them. Environment was good and loved everything about the job.
Very friendly enviornment
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2017
I love the atmosphere of the Irvine School District! Management is great and my fellow peers are close to me as family! If you're looking for a morning schedule this is the perfect part-time job for you
Pros
Good pay, annual raises
Cons
not enough hours, not many full-time positions
Great summer school program
SUMMER HEALTH TEACHER (9TH GRADE) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2017
I taught summer school Health in 2015. They bring in guest speakers and have a great summer school program. The Principal was good and overall it was a good experience. Summer school is 6 weeks.
Pros
Good guest speakers for Health
Professionalism at its finest
Nutrition Service Assistant I, Substitute (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2017
Everyone working at the Nutrition Service Center are extremely kind and most importantly, professionally efficient. I absolutely love the patience and appreciation they have for their employees.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very high quality of education with blended technology in the classroom
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2017
I learned a lot about how to interact with students differently as well as teaching each individual student during 3 years of substitute teaching experience. I was in different classes and got used to teach different content quiclky in a short period of time during each day.

Want to know more about Irvine Unified School District?

Ask a question
best ever
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 2, 2016
great placed to work really strive to help all people out. caring teacher and staff. id say best district ever! beautiful city and buldings in a perfect lil city
great place to work
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  south lake middle schoolOctober 10, 2016
when i worked here it was a happy place to come to work. for the most part people worked well together and supported one another. being surrounded by middle school children all day is the absolute best
Pros
benefits, vacation
Great district to work for!
Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 13, 2016
IUSD is known for respecting the professionalism of its teachers. The district continues to grow and is highly respected in the state for its consistently high achievements.
fast pace and fun
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2016
love my job I come in, log into the computer and start prepping the food for that day. Make sure everything is cleaned, wash dishes, sanitize my work area and kitchen utensils. Prep food if appropriate for next day, make sure storage room is cleaned.
Pros
my day goes by very quick.
Cons
not enough hours, pay is low and no benefits
Good pay for hard work
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2016
It's a self-sufficient job. They give you the tools, tell you where to go, and you get to work. Simple as that. Lot of physical labor, but easy to stay on task.
Pros
Great Wages, Work Alone or with a small team
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Great Students
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 14, 2016
Students are wonderful to work with and engaging. They are eager to learn and motivated. Great student environment and the teachers are enthusiastic when they're teaching. An overall wonderful environment!
Busy schedule which can be challenging sometimes but satisfying overall.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 24, 2016
The staff and co-workers are helpful and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching challenging students and see them improving everyday.
The Irvine School District provides scheduled training throughout the year which is very helpful for the development and improvement of their employees.
Flexibility is key
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 23, 2015
Communication is important and working with a variety of teaching techniques keeps myself as well as my coworkers on our toes.
It was a part-time job that ended when there were budget cuts
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I did enrollment, attendance and all clerical tasks asked of me. I learned the Aeries Program and did all office tasks as well as fill in from time to time in the health office.

I learned what it is like to work in an elementary school office.

I really liked my co-workers but I get along with everyone.

The hardest part of the job was trying to help parents that were asking for things that were impossible.

The most enjoyable was being able to help as many people as possible both students, parents, teachers and staff.
Pros
Being close to my son while at work.
Cons
That the budget cuts took my position away.
Great job, great people, great experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 13, 2014
An excellent job with a warm and supportive management. I spent the first seven years as activities director and then decided to start the AP world history program. The most difficult part is that you are constantly being watched and perception is everything
Pros
The Schedule, workers and culture
Cons
Constantly "on stage". Continuously being judged and mis perceptions