Irvine Employee Reviews

Great Product
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  TustinOctober 25, 2016
This company has amazing product and it is easy to sell, especially if sales comes naturally to you. Great people, very exceptional maintenance staff !
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Management is very concerned for them selves and their own growth over their team
laid back but traditional workplace environment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 30, 2016
Irvine Company has fantastic management they want to teach and watch you grow. Overall, its a great starting salary and benefits for a first out of college job!
Good job to make some money and leave
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 1, 2016
The Irvine co culture has consistently gotten worse for the past few years. The job is not hard but you cannot move up once you have mastered your role, it is almost impossible. You will be promised many upcoming promotions and then told to work on something else. The pay is ok and the discount makes you feel like you are trapped. This is a good job for someone straight out of college but make sure to have a strict time table of when you are moving on.
Love where you work!
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2016
Great Company to work for the experience!
Great management that will help you with tasks even over the phone if no ones around.
Paper work and trouble shooting over the phone with residents,
and moving a new resident in while preparing new move in packets at the same time may feel like you are drowning.
There is complimentary coffee and a beautiful view of property to be able to breathe and step back and prioritizing your deadlines day to day basis.
Pros
Great way to excel your skillset and push you harder than before to reach your potential.
Cons
It can be busy and if you can handle the heat, better have fan!
Good work enviorment
Service Manager I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA and Cupertino, CAMarch 11, 2016
Good company to work for. Small but quality properties. Looking for advancement that is not available. The hardest part of job is continual adjustment to changing issues and scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job is the appreciation of residents due to the rapid and professional response of our team.
Pros
Employee compensated Apartment, Compensation, Industry Reputation
Cons
Removal of employee compensated apartment
I enjoyed my years working at the Irvine Company and learned a lot more about building operations.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CaApril 4, 2016
A typical day, review operation of the central plant and all other building operation before the arrival of our customer to ensure buildings are operational. Review the completing progress of the previous days service calls and preventative maintenance work orders. Once the other team members arrive discuss any areas where they need assistance or additional troubleshooting. Meet with senior managers and update them on operational concerns and progress on on capital expenditures. Attend building walk-through, pricing walks and construction meeting if any are planed.

I have learned budgeting and capital expenditures and more about building operations, energy management systems and energy conservation.

The Irvine Company's management is extremely knowledgeable in building management and customer service and strives to be successful.

My co-workers were knowledgeable and dependable.

The hardest part was dealing with discipline issues when they needed to be acted on.

Most enjoyable was work on mechanical replacement projects, writing scopes of work bid walks, bid reviews and see the project through to completion.
Pros
generous vacation plans, healthcare, 401K
Cons
Long days when working on projects
Fast paced work environment with good people
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CASeptember 22, 2016
From the moment we walked in the door we always were working. I learned so many clerical skills as well as developed the skills I currently obtain. Management was great. Some of the employees needed to be a little more open to new people and not be so cold towards new hires. I loved the training that I got and the skills that I am able to take with me
Fun Workplace
COCKTAIL SERVER (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 13, 2016
I work at the Resort at Pelican Hill as a Great Room Server and I love my job. I think the resort itself could be better managed and organized but, overall it's a good place to work.
Irvine Company
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 27, 2016
Great company to work for to hone your customer service and management abilities. Taking care of residents is no easy task, but once you practice how you approach situations it gets much better.
Collaborative place to work at with industry leaders and experts.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 2, 2013
Irvine Company also invested in their employees by investing in them in terms of enabling the employees to grow and develop professionally, eg: time management classes, communication classes and technical classes.
Pros
Great environment, benefits and ability to learn and be part of a team
Cons
Long hours, sometime not enough work/life balance
The Irvine Company
Guest Services Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 4, 2016
Fashion Island is a high end shopping center and quite well maintained. Their is so much open space for me to walk around help people. There are plenty of opportunities to give someone a hand or give them a quick tour around the shopping center if its their first time. I developed exceptional communication skills and able to help the guest feel comfortable and welcomed.
Pros
Positive and energetic atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal employment
Great Managers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 25, 2016
Irvine company is a great place to work, but often those employees onsite keep getting forgotten about do not et compensated appropriately.
Great work environment just no compensation for extra things done
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYOctober 1, 2014
I learned a lot about medicines and how they are to be administered, etc...
Pros
Free food, travel expenses paid for most part
Cons
No benefits and not getting timely pay
If I have the parts that I need it is easy to complete the job.
Porter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Everyday is different because when I'm doing a turn over some apartments are easy and some are hard. I learn that in each apartment I have different things to do and I can still accomplish it. But sometimes I need my co-worker to help me especially when I am installing a new microwave. The hardest part of the job is to unclog the toilet. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I complete my work.
Great place to learn and grow
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 17, 2016
I was able to grow my portfolio of skill with my this company. Great company environment and constantly moving forward.
Interesting work
consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Fun job, great people. The work was very interesting and the timelines very short.
The people are all very interesting. Mostly consultants working on special projects.
Pros
people
Cons
Queit
I am a better employee after working for Kelley Blue Book
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irivne, CaliforniaSeptember 1, 2015
The people at KBB are passionate, engaging and fun to work with. I will miss working with all of the people at KBB over the last 2 1/2 years.
Pros
Cross team culture is inclusive
Cons
Lots of change over the past 2 years.
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonNovember 18, 2014
In my typical day at work was super busy with just the day to day tasks of working in a very busy CPA firm. From this job, I learned to to be a very strong communicator and that asking questions to gain better understanding of the task, was perfectly acceptable. What I enjoyed the most about this job was that I was depended upon to make the Accounting Staff's job easier and I thrived on this. I would not have left this job for any other reason then we moved to the Spokane area. I truly believe this is an amazing company.
Pros
Treated their staff very well.
job duties
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, caAugust 6, 2013
• Processed 250 A/P invoices daily
• Matched, batched and coded invoices
• Reconciled the A/P to the General Ledger
• Prepared and processed expense reports
• Handled weekly check runs
• Vendor management
• Obtain approval for special invoices
• Reviewed A/P aging reports
• Assisted with month-end close
Pros
coworkers and management
Cons
10-99 job only
I like that employes become like family
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2012
I worked for this company for 25 years, I enjoyed working for this company, their was not much advancement.
Pros
able to make up time when ever needed
Cons
unable to transfer to other departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irvine. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3