Irvine Employee Reviews

Poor management
REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 29, 2017
There is no work life balance there and the hours are not flexible. They have horrible management in their apartment division. Do not know how to handle employee concerns, lack of professionalism, and blatant favoritism. Mid level management there is a joke.
Uncomfortable work environment
HEAD (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 29, 2017
while working at Irvine, there were many struggles. first starting off i really liked the job and the people that worked there. i worked my first 12 hour shift the forth day that i started. i was the youngest person working there, (at the time i was 19 years old) and that brought me a lot of negative attention. after a few disrespectful comments and no help with learning new material, i personally felt like it made me look bad to my employer. after i asked around for some help, a couple people acknowledged me, but it was not enough help to make me look good. for about 3 weeks of working there, i did everything on my own by trying my best. at the time i also had another job. before i made my decision on leaving i spoke to some family members and also spoke to my employer. basically my decision on leaving was the best choice for me because i feel as though you should not be uncomfortable when you work.
Pros
breaks when wanted
Cons
no help was given to new employees, discrimination on age
Small, family-owned. Very informal; casual. Well-compensated. Job is secure, but no opportunity for advancement.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2017
Compensation and health benefits are excellent. Employees are generally kind, quiet, youthful and introspective. Our staff is skilled, knowledgeable and focused.
Pros
Generous hourly wage. Health and Dental Insurance.
Cons
Limited opportunities. Phones, filing, typing labels, purging old contracts.
fun
Mcveans, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2017
My workplace was full of responsibility and fun. I learned the importance of being a great server and how to provide the best customer service. Although it was difficult at first, once you keep an open mind, you will allow yourself to learn new techniques
productive and stressful
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 12, 2017
very fast paced work environment. lots of work in so little time. hardest part of the job was trying to finish all the work they gave you by the end of the day.
Pros
co workers were cool
Cons
management not so much
Colaborative and Productive Culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 10, 2017
The most rewarding aspect of the job is working with a diverse group of co-workers that encourages individual growth and strengthens inter-personal skills.
Rooms Controller
Rooms Controller (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 23, 2016
-Assign site rooms for sales and catering
-Assign rooms for VIP guests
-Assign rooms for incoming groups and shares
-I work closely with the group coordinator to ensure everything on the resume has been properly reviewed and all requests have been accommodated.
Good job to make some money and leave
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 1, 2016
The Irvine co culture has consistently gotten worse for the past few years. The job is not hard but you cannot move up once you have mastered your role, it is almost impossible. You will be promised many upcoming promotions and then told to work on something else. The pay is ok and the discount makes you feel like you are trapped. This is a good job for someone straight out of college but make sure to have a strict time table of when you are moving on.
Great Product
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  TustinOctober 25, 2016
This company has amazing product and it is easy to sell, especially if sales comes naturally to you. Great people, very exceptional maintenance staff !
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Management is very concerned for them selves and their own growth over their team
Fun Workplace
COCKTAIL SERVER (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 13, 2016
I work at the Resort at Pelican Hill as a Great Room Server and I love my job. I think the resort itself could be better managed and organized but, overall it's a good place to work.
Love where you work!
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2016
Great Company to work for the experience!
Great management that will help you with tasks even over the phone if no ones around.
Paper work and trouble shooting over the phone with residents,
and moving a new resident in while preparing new move in packets at the same time may feel like you are drowning.
There is complimentary coffee and a beautiful view of property to be able to breathe and step back and prioritizing your deadlines day to day basis.
Pros
Great way to excel your skillset and push you harder than before to reach your potential.
Cons
It can be busy and if you can handle the heat, better have fan!
Fast paced work environment with good people
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CASeptember 22, 2016
From the moment we walked in the door we always were working. I learned so many clerical skills as well as developed the skills I currently obtain. Management was great. Some of the employees needed to be a little more open to new people and not be so cold towards new hires. I loved the training that I got and the skills that I am able to take with me
laid back but traditional workplace environment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 30, 2016
Irvine Company has fantastic management they want to teach and watch you grow. Overall, its a great starting salary and benefits for a first out of college job!
Irvine Company
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 27, 2016
Great company to work for to hone your customer service and management abilities. Taking care of residents is no easy task, but once you practice how you approach situations it gets much better.
Great Managers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 25, 2016
Irvine company is a great place to work, but often those employees onsite keep getting forgotten about do not et compensated appropriately.
The Irvine Company
Guest Services Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 4, 2016
Fashion Island is a high end shopping center and quite well maintained. Their is so much open space for me to walk around help people. There are plenty of opportunities to give someone a hand or give them a quick tour around the shopping center if its their first time. I developed exceptional communication skills and able to help the guest feel comfortable and welcomed.
Pros
Positive and energetic atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal employment
I enjoyed my years working at the Irvine Company and learned a lot more about building operations.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CaApril 4, 2016
A typical day, review operation of the central plant and all other building operation before the arrival of our customer to ensure buildings are operational. Review the completing progress of the previous days service calls and preventative maintenance work orders. Once the other team members arrive discuss any areas where they need assistance or additional troubleshooting. Meet with senior managers and update them on operational concerns and progress on on capital expenditures. Attend building walk-through, pricing walks and construction meeting if any are planed.

I have learned budgeting and capital expenditures and more about building operations, energy management systems and energy conservation.

The Irvine Company's management is extremely knowledgeable in building management and customer service and strives to be successful.

My co-workers were knowledgeable and dependable.

The hardest part was dealing with discipline issues when they needed to be acted on.

Most enjoyable was work on mechanical replacement projects, writing scopes of work bid walks, bid reviews and see the project through to completion.
Pros
generous vacation plans, healthcare, 401K
Cons
Long days when working on projects
Great place to learn and grow
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 17, 2016
I was able to grow my portfolio of skill with my this company. Great company environment and constantly moving forward.
Good work enviorment
Service Manager I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA and Cupertino, CAMarch 11, 2016
Good company to work for. Small but quality properties. Looking for advancement that is not available. The hardest part of job is continual adjustment to changing issues and scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job is the appreciation of residents due to the rapid and professional response of our team.
Pros
Employee compensated Apartment, Compensation, Industry Reputation
Cons
Removal of employee compensated apartment
If I have the parts that I need it is easy to complete the job.
Porter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Everyday is different because when I'm doing a turn over some apartments are easy and some are hard. I learn that in each apartment I have different things to do and I can still accomplish it. But sometimes I need my co-worker to help me especially when I am installing a new microwave. The hardest part of the job is to unclog the toilet. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I complete my work.