Irving Oil

Irving Oil Employer Reviews

Good Company to work for in that region
Project Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 25, 2014
Management is good. Old-fashioned culture. Pay is OK.
Good and supportive to learn and grow for some areas, really depends on what manager you are reporting to.
Irving OIl Company / Circle K
Assistant Store Manager/Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Raymond, NHMay 20, 2014
I absolutely loved working for these companies. Most of my employment was solely with Irving Oil Corporation prior to the company merger with Circle K. Irving oil company really held onto the family fundamentals of an employer/employee relationship. My district manager was amazing. I started out working there as a third shift cashier, within 3 months time I was on second shift and holding a Shift Leader title. Within 6-8 months after that I became the store Assistant Manager and the bakery Manager. I loved every aspect of my job; the company I worked for, their mission statement, my employee's, and especially the customers. Our store was much like an extended family between the employee's and our customers. They knew us by name and we knew them by name.
Decent job overall...
Cashier/Maintenance/3rd shift supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, VTJanuary 6, 2014
Typical convenience store/gas station work. Good hours, alright pay for the job and not a lot of stressful work. Some days were worse than others, but customers typically aren't that bad.
gas station
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Whately, MAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: its a job that pays you. free coffee.
Cons: you work at a gas station. gas station coffee.
You work at a gas station. People hate you because of gas prices. Regular manager turnover created unease among employees. Real danger of being robbed.
High Turnover - For a Reason
Manager (Former Employee), New HampshireOctober 8, 2013
Cons: long hours - little job security
Not a good long-term career choice. Many... Many... MANY hours are expected with little reward. Very high turnover, and there's a good reason for that!

Poor customer service because of kaos within Irving... Not an employer to be proud of.
good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), South Portland, MEAugust 29, 2013
i worked as asst. manager for 5 yrs. when store was closed because they purchased two new store in same area company only took store manager all others let go
It was a great job and wonderful people and I would go back if I was asked.
Propane and oil trick driver and delivery person (Former Employee), Brewer, MEAugust 16, 2013
Pros: enjoying days off with family
Cons: driving and delivering in inclement weather
Responsibility of getting my work done on time and safely. I learned how to manage many tasks effectively and efficiently. I had good rapore with all the management staff. I enjoyed my coworkers and working and training them to the best of my ability. The hardest part of my job was inner city driving with challenging areas that were tourist friendly. I loved my job and my coworkers and will miss this very important time of my career.
very family oriented business that valued their employees
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Portland, MEApril 29, 2013
Pros: feeling valued, lots of opportunity for growth, training, field work
Cons: with my job, being on call 24/7.
Phenominal Company to work for. Irving Oil is a very family oriented business. They are very generous and truly make their employees feel empowered, important and are treated like an individual not another number. They care about making sure that you have all the tools and training available to do your job completely. They always want the employees to provide feedback, good, constructive or developmental. This allows them to make changes for the better. The are very supportive for non-profit organizations such as March of Dimes, Childrens Miracle Network, Special Olympics etc. They care about making a difference.
Great Company
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Wakefield, NHMay 1, 2012
Pros: schooling, benefits, great work environment
Cons: no more stores, only oil company now. miss the stores
Very Interested in thier employee's happiness and thier careers! Always on the cutting edge. Great benefits.
Great Company to work for
3rd key manager (Former Employee), Glen NHApril 19, 2012
After only 5 months working for the company I advanced to 3rd key manager. I enjoyed working with other empyolees at both the store level and above.
Good atmosphere
Irving Oil Ltd (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 18, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: downsizing
The company unfortunateyly had to downsize due to the economy and our years depend on cold winters as we arew in oil business.

About Irving Oil

Highlands Fuel Delivery (dba Irving Oil), the US arm of Irving Oil Limited, is engaged in the refining and distribution of oil – Read more

Irving Oil Photos