Irving Oil Employee Reviews

awesome
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 28, 2016
Fun environment, good pay, management was understanding for the most part. was able to get along with other employees well. got to learn the basics of deli management and customer service.
Busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTSeptember 12, 2016
I learned a lot here. I took classes to become a trainer to new employees.I was the assistant manager so I did the paperwork and scheduling,hiring and firing. There was a lot of training at this job
Pros
Great benefits and incentives
Cons
Mangerment
Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MEJuly 25, 2016
Irving was a good change in pace for myself as I this was my first management position. I personally struggled with working with higher management but once you find your groove you're totally supported.
Great staff
Cashier/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MENovember 11, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with, as well as the customers. Upbeat and busy environment. It was an enjoyable workplace.
A day at Bell Ave
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMay 18, 2016
Start the day by collecting the monies and counting deposits. Then I would get paperwork done in between having to help on register. After going to the bank I would do security counts on cigs and scratch tickets. Depending on what day we have certain orders come in that we have to put away or order. Once a month there would be an audit. During the rest of the day I would have co workers either stock coolers, clean pumps, sweep out side, etc. They stay very busy there. I leaned especially after taking over a bigger store that there are quite the responsibilities of the day to day operations of running a business. My co-workers have always for the most part gotten along with me quite well. I thought they were doing a great job and were always there when I needed them. I made it a point to make sure they new they were appreciated. The hardest part was having to let people go if they have been around for a long time. My most enjoyable part was the customers. I used to have this little girl come in every day and when she saw mw she would yell my name and run over to hug me. That just made my day.
Pros
Most of the customers/stoff were wonderful
Cons
Bad Neighborhood
It was a great job and wonderful people and I would go back if I was asked.
Propane and oil trick driver and delivery person (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEAugust 16, 2013
Responsibility of getting my work done on time and safely. I learned how to manage many tasks effectively and efficiently. I had good rapore with all the management staff. I enjoyed my coworkers and working and training them to the best of my ability. The hardest part of my job was inner city driving with challenging areas that were tourist friendly. I loved my job and my coworkers and will miss this very important time of my career.
Pros
Enjoying days off with family
Cons
Driving and delivering in inclement weather
Great Company
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, NHMay 1, 2012
Very Interested in thier employee's happiness and thier careers! Always on the cutting edge. Great benefits.
Pros
schooling, benefits, great work environment
Cons
no more stores, only oil company now. miss the stores
Fast paced environment, good teams and tools to perform job
Pricing and Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 18, 2014
Irving is an energy products company selling fuel products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and heating oil produced in its own refinery in St. John Canada.
Pros
good healthcare, fair benefits
Cons
Company based in Canada, job security is poor
High Turnover - For a Reason
Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 8, 2013
Not a good long-term career choice. Many... Many... MANY hours are expected with little reward. Very high turnover, and there's a good reason for that!

Poor customer service because of kaos within Irving... Not an employer to be proud of.
Cons
Long hours - little job security
Good Company to work for in that region
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 25, 2014
Management is good. Old-fashioned culture. Pay is OK.
Good and supportive to learn and grow for some areas, really depends on what manager you are reporting to.
Irving OIl Company / Circle K
Assistant Store Manager/Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NHMay 20, 2014
I absolutely loved working for these companies. Most of my employment was solely with Irving Oil Corporation prior to the company merger with Circle K. Irving oil company really held onto the family fundamentals of an employer/employee relationship. My district manager was amazing. I started out working there as a third shift cashier, within 3 months time I was on second shift and holding a Shift Leader title. Within 6-8 months after that I became the store Assistant Manager and the bakery Manager. I loved every aspect of my job; the company I worked for, their mission statement, my employee's, and especially the customers. Our store was much like an extended family between the employee's and our customers. They knew us by name and we knew them by name.
very family oriented business that valued their employees
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 29, 2013
Phenominal Company to work for. Irving Oil is a very family oriented business. They are very generous and truly make their employees feel empowered, important and are treated like an individual not another number. They care about making sure that you have all the tools and training available to do your job completely. They always want the employees to provide feedback, good, constructive or developmental. This allows them to make changes for the better. The are very supportive for non-profit organizations such as March of Dimes, Childrens Miracle Network, Special Olympics etc. They care about making a difference.
Pros
feeling valued, lots of opportunity for growth, training, field work
Cons
with my job, being on call 24/7.
Decent job overall...
Cashier/Maintenance/3rd shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTJanuary 6, 2014
Typical convenience store/gas station work. Good hours, alright pay for the job and not a lot of stressful work. Some days were worse than others, but customers typically aren't that bad.
gas station
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Whately, MAOctober 30, 2013
You work at a gas station. People hate you because of gas prices. Regular manager turnover created unease among employees. Real danger of being robbed.
Pros
Its a job that pays you. Free coffee.
Cons
You work at a gas station. Gas station coffee.
Great Company to work for
3rd key manager (Former Employee) –  Glen NHApril 19, 2012
After only 5 months working for the company I advanced to 3rd key manager. I enjoyed working with other empyolees at both the store level and above.
good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 29, 2013
i worked as asst. manager for 5 yrs. when store was closed because they purchased two new store in same area company only took store manager all others let go
Good atmosphere
Irving Oil Ltd (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 18, 2012
The company unfortunateyly had to downsize due to the economy and our years depend on cold winters as we arew in oil business.
Pros
great people
Cons
downsizing