IRVING TISSUE

IRVING TISSUE Employer Reviews

Good compant ruined by poor management with personal agendas.
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Edward NYJune 8, 2012
Cons: management
I believe Irving Tissue is a company that is not in Touch with the general employees, There is not enough oversight from management and the eviroment is too political.
Great place to work, fun and challenging environment.
Process Operator (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 21, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: shift work
Train, supervise and motivate new and junior staff. Set-up, operate and maintain production machinery in a safe and efficient manner. Assemble and hand finished various products
Isolated and repetitive work
Student worker (Former Employee), York, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: got fit, good money
Cons: long hours, no vacation, long periods of isolation
My typical day (or night as it was a job that circulated between night and day shifts with a three day break in-between) started with pulling on my work uniform and steel-toed boots and putting on ear and eye protection. I would then go to the supervisor to card in (time of arrival) and find out on which of the four machines I would start on that day.
Every – more... hour we'd moved to another machine: the line is where the facial tissue was unrolled and cut (job was to supervise paper and rolls and to fix machine and feed in paper when the paper broke). On the Jones, a machine that filled cartons with facial tissue, you needed to make sure that there was a never ending supply of cartons as well as monitoring the machine for any blockage and other problems. There were two case packers - machines that put the filled cartons from Jones into large cardboard boxes for shipping. Again, the job was to feed in a never ending supply of boxes and fix any problems that arose. Part of this section of the job was doing quality checks to ensure that the facial tissue, cartons, and boxes were within parameters set by the company. The last part of the job was readying large rolls of paper for the line to push in once the other roll ran out of material. This cycle continued for twelve hours straight.
While working at Irving Tissue I learned the value of hard work and how to fix machines (at least the ones I was working with). I learned that my responsible nature and quick problem-solving skills were true assets when it came to fixing problems and that asking for help when it is necessary is not easy but it is the smartest course of action.
The hardest part of the job was also the most rewarding - there was a lot of paper dust in the factory (it does create paper materials after all) which was hard on my vascular system. I say it was the most rewarding aspect because, once the contract was finished and I had a week or so away from the factory I found that my respiratory problems had become less due to the constant exposure to the dust particles. Basically the best part of the job was getting my body into shape without realizing it. – less
fast paced, respect required environment
Shift Relief Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint John NBJanuary 11, 2013
Worked as direct supervisor and time was spent daily to create empowerment and responsibility. I swicted back and forth between shifts and during days when not covering shift project work with union crews and staff were completed. Trained in Six Sigma and completed green belt with a mixed team.
Good fellow employees.
Machine Operator / Relief Shift Electrician (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBNovember 22, 2012
Good people to work with, but poor management. Most day involve eleven hours of standing on cement floors. No chairs allowed.
Respectable workplace
Industrial Control Technologist (Current Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 10, 2012
Monthly preventative maintenance, continuous improvement, electrical and instrumentation, loop tuning, process improvement, diagnose failures, root cause analysis. Excellent co-workers, always willing to lend a hand, learned a broad area of electrical and instrumentation.
Good company,
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), 1551 weston road toronto ontarioMay 15, 2012
Pros: easy going
Cons: politices
I'm a forklift operator at irving tissue, We product and manufacture the royal toilet paper and other products,

About IRVING TISSUE

Paper-thin profitsĀ are the name of the game at Irving Tissue. The company manufactures a variety of consumer paper products including – Read more