Irving Employee Reviews

Very strict for the Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, NHMay 2, 2017
Make one mistake with a transaction and without hesitation they write you up. I didn't like working there, pay wasn't that good at all, can't really live while working there
If You're A People Person, Irving Is The Place For You!
Cashier, full-time (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEApril 2, 2017
Although working at this gas station in the middle of the tiny town of Bridgton was boring and very slow, I had a blast talking with customers. Most of our customers were very sweet and made the work day a breeze. The employees were all very grouchy, but you can easily boost their moods with some words of encouragement.This job definitely taught me patience when it came to some unruly customers and grouchy coworkers. Overall this was a decent job.
Pros
Free coffee, paid breaks
Cons
Moody Coworkers
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTMarch 2, 2016
Open up the store and start serving customers in a helpful manner. I learned how to be patient with customers. My co-workers were easy to get along with.
Fun first job
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratham, NHSeptember 21, 2015
Good management, great work environment, and great people. Loved the customers and the work ethic of my co-workers made the job rewarding and fun.
Best old school independent music publisher
Royalty Investigator/Income Tracking (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2015
Can't beat working for a company like Almo/Irving, Rondor, which was A&M records publishing arm. I learned the music publishing business from the ground up. This was the place to be in the late eighties and early nineties.
Productive, fast paced and great learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2015
Very fast paced practice, co workers were nice and team players, great patients, doctors and supervisors. This position allowed me to learn most of my ob gyn experience, it was a very nice time of my life. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free lunches and goodies
Cons
n/a
Fast paced and always changing. Kept me on my toes.
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NHDecember 15, 2014
Irving oil merged with Circle K and when that happened, benefits and moral declined significantly. The one thing that kept me there were my customers and co-workers.
Pros
Sincere customer relations.
Cons
No breaks, poor health benefits.
laid back and easy
cashier/baker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, MEAugust 18, 2014
my day: i start behind the register and ring customers in, I do freight, then mop go on break and cashier the rest of the day. in bakery i made pasties, breakfast and lunch go on break then clean.

i learned how to organize a schedule that was giving to me and work at a steady paste.

management- she was nice, knew what she was doing and got the job done.

co-workers; some were lazy and didn't want to do anything and some were hard workers.

hardest part of the job was to deal with rude customers.

the most enjoyable part was break
Pros
break
Cons
pay
National Contruction Company. Good Management
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 15, 2014
Site/Facilities Manager for construction of, set up, and staffing of a 80,000 square foot building in Temple, Texas and a smaller complex in Bremerton, WA.

Management was tops. You were kept informed by the Site Superintendent/Program Manager.
Pros
Excellent Communication and Planning
Cons
N/a
Fun, face-paced work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Keep management informed by submitting activity and results report, daily call repots, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses. Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions.
Pros
Time management
Cons
no medical benefits
Hmmmmmmmm
Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasDecember 4, 2013
Poorly structured with little training in an unprofessional atmosphere. Learned to multi task even more and time clock management. No receptionist- Very hard to concentrate on proper interviewing. A high end Pacesetter
Small company with alot of Punch
Sales Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILNovember 6, 2012
I was hired to implement a new monthly publication " Rental Equipment Management" within the pages of Equipment Management Magazine.

The insert I started was a success, however the family run company sold the publishing co, shortly after.
REM had 6 issues before the company closed it's doors
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
co. closed