Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and rewarding work in a beautiful museum setting
Corporate & Foundation Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2015
Fast-paced, rewarding, and intellectually-stimulating work with visible results. Opportunity to work under the direction of smart, talented manager and team. Working within a cultural setting added much inspiration.
Best owner and manager of any restaurant ANYWHERE!
Assistant Manager/Server/ Musician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Worked for three years as a waiter in the restaurant there. I have never met an owner as kind, or a manager as nurturing in any other restaurant anywhere! You will never be treated with disrespect there and the money is great too!
Unkind Behavior from the Art world.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2014
I was so excited to get a job here and when I learned that there was so much dirty politics being played out here,It really saddened me.What I learned at the Gardner was the management thinks anyone that is not at their level doesn't deserve to be treated fairly.

Unless your related to the Director you will never be given a fair shake.The co-workers that have seniority will do anything they can to make you look bad and throwing people under the bus is a sport to them.
Pros
overtime, healthcare, great people and not much else
Cons
dirty politics, nasty atmosphere, lack of leadership
Close-knit staff that worked exceptionally well under pressure at a unique fine-dining establishment.
Cafe G Server/Bartender/Barista (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2013
Working at Cafe G taught me that one must always be prepared for the worst possible scenario, that you must make lasting and genuine connections with both coworkers and customers, that stress can be handled by effectively tackling it head on, and that the ability to multi-task is absolutely essential.
Pros
worked with the most amazing staff i've ever known. learned an exceptional amount about patience, customer service, and sales. gained free access to all boston museums.
Cons
not in my desired field.
Highly customer service oriented in fast-paced environment
Visitor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MassachusettsAugust 17, 2012
This position requires the ability to work well with multitudes of people in mass quantities. I assist people with ticket sales and helping them navigate the museum and surrounding area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Our community is ready to answer.