Isis Pharmaceuticals

Isis Pharmaceuticals Employer Reviews

One of the worst jobs & bosses of my life
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: good pay, nice new building
Cons: little mentor-ship for personal growth, hostile working environment, high expectations
Poor & under qualified management, not helpful in helping you succeed. Poor culture: members of the group do not get along, vicious and unproductive work environment, HR and management do not handle it in an effective way.
Work long hours every week, not good work-life balance, not worth the money.
Management expects you to know how to solve every problem dependently with little mentor-ship, will fire you if you do not meet there expectations.
Isis was like a family company biotec startup. I began working in the chemistry department to edit government submissions for new medical compounds.
CMC Editor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: reward checks in recionognition of exceptal effort. family parties at halloween, christmas, spring faire, flex time, excellent medical benefits.
Cons: problems were isis' periodic/unpredictable lay offs, when pre-clinical or clinic goals could not be met
Isis' policy was to teach/train/promote each employee to her/his highest capability. My position was created from the need to claim the next corporate step of submitting an NDA for Isis' first drug. We all were on a steep learning curve learning exactly what the FDA required to permit a drug to go market. I was generally updating SOPs, managing required elements for the CMC (Chapter 7 - Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls. To follow the USA FDA submission I was also instrumental in a Canadian and British government submissions for the same compound.
Good place
OLIGO CLERK (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 11, 2012
The company already went through transition. Easy job. It has very good HR manager and as an employee, it feels like they take care of you