About Island Harvest: Island Harvest serves as the bridge between those who have surplus food and those who need it, supplying 500+ community-based nonprofit organizations on Long Island with critical food support to help stem the advancing tide of hunger in our communities. Island Harvest is a member of Feeding America, the largest hunger-relief organization in the country. In support of our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island, Island Harvest is actively involved in educational and hunger awareness programs to inform the public about the insidious, but often unrecognized, problem of hunger here, in one of the wealthiest regions of the country, and how individuals, businesses, schools and commercial food establishments can make a difference.
Position Description: The VP of Programs and Agency Relations will supervise department staff and oversee programs that will enable our member agencies, vulnerable children, their families and the community around them to have increased opportunities for healthy food and important information, both in school and in the greater community.
- Oversee the Programs and Outreach Services and Agency relations provided by the Organization.
- Manage the staff that coordinates the Organization’s programs such as senior and childhood hunger programs, educational workshops and SNAP outreach and application assistance.
- Create and oversee programs to offer greater access to individuals and families to public benefits/entitlement programs and county services, with a goal to increase the number of people enrolled in these programs.
- Work with the staff of both Nassau and Suffolk County’s social services and health departments and the non-profit organizations that have been mobilized to facilitate enrollment in entitlement and other programs that support the work and goals of Island Harvest.
- Work with other county, state and federal agencies and nonprofit partner organizations.
- Manage the staff responsible for agency relations work, monitoring and programs of Island Harvest.
- Engage corporate and business leaders and their organizations and individuals toward supporting Island Harvest.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience working with other nonprofit partners and Outreach services and Agency Relations.
- At least 2 years in a managerial position
- Prior nonprofit experience
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and staff development skills
- The ability to work well on their own while still being a team-player
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Possess a valid driver’s License
- Be willing to works nights and/or weekends, as needed
- Be willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary
We offer a great starting salary with an excellent benefits package. No relocation package offered. No phone calls, please.
Island Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Island Harvest's mission is to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island. Our volunteers and staff recover surplus food then...