Island One Resorts Employee Reviews

Island One Resort was very fun place to work. This Resort had many amenities for the guest to enjoy themselves. The main check-in lobby was beautiful.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work here was nothing short of pleasantry. Everyday working at Island One Resort brings a smile to my face. I would meet, greet and check guest into their rooms courteously.
While working there I have learned that people react to the way they are treated and that is why I always received thank you smiles at check-ins and thank you cards at check-outs.
Management at Island One Resort fair and I did not have a problem with any directives I received.
Chemistry at the resort was always good even though there were many different cultural background employed there at Island One Resort.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure your cash draw balances which was not a problem.
Clocking in and ready to meet the guest was my most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Access to all the amenities
Cons
Had no healthcare
The work place is great environment to work in and the job was a great pay but due to down sizing I was laid of
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Looking for company to grow with to be a part of and be an asset the previous company was great but do to down size I was laid off
Good place to Work
AM Front Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 1, 2014
Great group of employees, met families from different parts of the world, assisted guests
good work place
Front Desk Agent - Liki Tiki Village (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 18, 2014
great place, and great customers, however upper management needs to take care of their employees and pay them what they deserve.
Pros
3 lunches, great customers
Cons
not good enough pay to stay there and grow
Good while it lasted...
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2013
Very good company. This was company whose management philosophy was always to care for their customers and employees. Unfortunately although they survived recession and a re-organization they ultimately fell victim of predatory practices of a hostile take over.
Pros
Good working environment and benefits
Cons
Slow promotion process...(nobody wanted to leave).
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 20, 2013
I am responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing guest service, and settling the guests account upon completion of their stay. I maintain a positive and upbeat attitude with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to all guests. I do very well with multi-tasking, being detail-oriented, being able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
Food Services
Tour Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 28, 2013
Fun environment, loved my co workers. This was a good work experience, however, overall, not much room for advancement.
ok company
Foreclosure Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2013
no job security or advancement. time share company not much else to say, time shares are a thing of the past
Vice President
V.P. Contracts & Owner Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2013
I enjoyed nearly 14 years of service with Island One Resorts. We withstood the economic downturn and a bankrtupcy filing. We emerged from bankrtupcy and came back very strong financially which made us very appealing to an international developer initiating an IPO. We were acquired early in 2013 and all executive functions are being moved to Las Vegas. Were it not for that, I would have stayed with Island One for many years, possibly to retirement, as it has been a very challening and rewarding experience.
good place to work for.
Reservation's Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2013
Good place to work for especially if you have a family. The co-workers are the best.
Island One Resort
Leasing Agent / Closing Agent (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLJune 5, 2013
You are not important as an employee. Everything that matters is a number; the number of sales you can make and retain. No second chances! If you don't meet their numbers, you are out! You have no schedule, your working day will finish when there are no more clients to take care of. You have to be passionate about vacationing to sell timeshares, moreover, you have to truly believe in the system in order to be successful. However, the system relies in many lies written in small letters in the homeowner contract and in strategies when explaining the future owners the not so real parts.
Pros
There is good money in the industry.
Cons
Your moral values will rule your mind.
A caring company that helped me learn and excel in so many aspects of my job
Assistant Front Desk Manager /Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2013
I was the Sr. Front office superviser. I supported the front office manager in all duties: finance, assisted the GM with budgets for the front office.
I worked days and nights and would make all schedules for the front office, i was resposible for payroll, and had was always on call for any assistance that the front office agents might need.

I enjoyed very much my job with Island one. Helping with all parts of the operations and even the back office aspects as well.
typical day at work
Warehouse Assistan Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardner, FLMay 8, 2013
good company to work learn about a lot new softawre as well as payroll the easiest job in my life

Cons
Great benefits and atmosphere. Company founded on values.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2013
I was able to hone and refine management skills by working in a resort atmosphere which included communicating and assisting many departments. Island One was a great company for overall atmosphere, core values, and benefits.
Pros
benefits were outstanding
Cons
life balance (on call 247)
Productive work environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Typically I answer calls from owners and renters check for availability and/ or prices for rental units, complete online requests, call back owners or renters to provide information or to book reservations. The management and co-workers all work as a team to make the department productive and to provide the best quality to all of our guest. One of the hardest parts of the job is hearing the disappointment in the owners or guests voice when I am unable to find availability for the dates or resort they are looking to stay in.
Cons
short breaks
Awesome company to work for
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2012
I had many roles with Island One Resorts. My typical day when I left consisted of traveling to conventions and trade shows selling family packages to guests, every weekend I would be in another location. Some obstetrical I would face is language barriers at time, For instance in Miami I had to learn to say three days and two night in Spanish to be able to sell packages. Previous to that position I worked at the welcome center and problem management desk at the resort, My job was to check guests in; but on the other end I would work with guest who stated they qualified in the beginning. The guests are now arriving and don't meet one of the requirements weather that be income, age etc. When I started with the company I was the quality assurance lead. I trained, created the training manuals and monitored calls. The departments job was critical in the sales process, Every call was recorded then package was discussed in it entirety and all qualification were discussed,.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
do to the 2008 housing crash this company went bankrupt
Great work place
Vacation Consultant / Activations Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2012
A typical day at work is started with a group meeting where we talked about the previous day.Also following up with the customers and also contacting new customers to help them set up a great afforadble vacation i learn alot throughout the day mainly patience.My manager by far has been one of the greatest managers i have came across. The co-workers were great they motivate each other very postive people to be around.The hardest part of the job was getting people to trust u enough to give you there credit card information and the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that you have made someone else happy by assisting them with all there vacation plans..
Bankruptcy sucked the life and spirit out of the company.
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2012
It is usually busy, which is good. I get along with co-workers. Learning new software system, GP Dynamics.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
no opportunities for advancement. i need higher pay.
Do not work here
Welcome Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 18, 2012
Do not work here they sell timeshare and do not treat their employees well.
Cons
hostile work enviroment
Nice Place to work had benefits to stay in resorts, lunch room with billard tables and TV
Time Share Vacation and Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2012
Island One was great to work for. I worked with many people and enjoyed everyone. We had meetings with lunch reviews every 3 months healthcare and other benefits were excellent. Too bad they laid off over 300 employees in 2009 and unfortunatly I was one of them. Hope to find another great company
Pros
learned alot, and had benefits, overall enjoyed everything about my job
Cons
was laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Island One Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7