Island View Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Very Nices Job
Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 12, 2017
Very Layed back job friend people and company people was nices always love to see people smile why I'm on Shift everybody is very outspoken I enjoy everyday at work with meet new people
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great if you enjoy the environment
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 11, 2017
You will spend a lot of time walking around the casino performing your duties. There is some heavy lifting required for the position. While working there you will learn a tremendous amount about slot machines. Most of the management are very understanding of work or personal life issues.

If you have never worked in a casino before, the atmosphere is different than most work places. It can be fast paced at times. You will also experience different working times as it is a 24 hour open establishment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Clinic
Fun work place everyone must keep a smile to make your uniform complete
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 9, 2017
Fun work place and environment I wouldn't quiet . I would recommend it to a friend or stranger. You can always move around in the workplace to better your self be productive
Pros
Free lunch meals don't have to clock out
Cons
45Mins free break, offer good health insurance, lovely people's to work with
island view
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 27, 2017
it was a nice well mannred nice environment experience . Through my few months working with island view i had a nice time there. Ive learned a lot about house keeping while i was there
Nice work environment with great leadership
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed my position at the Island view along with my coworkers, managers, and my customers. I can honestly say it has been the most enjoyable job I have had thus far.
Pros
Free meals, great environment, good pay
Cons
n/a
Amazing John
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501October 25, 2017
Working for the Island View Casino Resort was a great laid-back job I honestly loved this job as well if I did not relocate after getting married I would more than likely still be at this job it was very laid-back relaxed loved working with customers and the management was very fun to work with as well it's really enjoyed working with my co-workers as well we always try to make the holidays and work environment fun no matter what was going on as well
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Don't really think that we're there was any
great mangment, easy to talk to poeple
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 3, 2017
Go in to do your job to the best of your abilities. Greet your customers with a smile and stay busy. Go above and beyond for them. Keep stock topped off as needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
Great work environment
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 20, 2017
Great company, recommend anyone to work there. The guests were always friendly, the managers were so understanding. Working here taught me about tardiness and the seriousness of the point system
Fun place to work
Barista and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 9, 2017
Depending on your department so it depends on what you do. Not a bad place to work. Has health insurance! This job is what you make it, each shift and department is very different always a chance to move up, switch departments or shifts.
Good Place To Start
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 4, 2017
Great Benefits, Job Security and Really Treat Employees Pretty Good. Insurance Could be better but additional benefits are very good. Only casino that goes to 12 points in attendance policy. Tons of Paid time off.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Benefits
Cons
Back of House Not Attractive in Appearance
fun work place
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 22, 2017
I've worked at the Island View since 2009 and for the most part it has been a great journey the last 7.5 years. Management is fair and supportive. I've learned a lot while working at island view but the most important thing i think is the customer service experience.
Not bad place to work.
Security Investigator (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 10, 2017
If you're willing to work the hours, you will be rewarded. Some hours and shifts are long, dealing with gaming commission rules is tough, but if you do your job you will be fine.
Pros
Food in the employee dining room is ok, but its free !
Cons
Arrogant/Disrespectful guests
great people great money
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 27, 2017
In the casino business you work most hollidays so home life can be rough if you have children. The pay is great at Island view but there are no raises and very little room for advancment.
Pros
great money
Cons
no raises
Repetitive work environment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 22, 2017
For me it is not a place I want to be for long term. Growth is hard within the company and the fact they don't give raises doesn't allow for more growth.
Pros
Free food in the employment dining hall
Productive and well organized
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 19, 2017
The people I worked with were very polite and generous. They help me with everything I needed help with on the job. When I need help all I had to do was call one of my supervisor's over the radio and he/she came right to my area without a problem to show me hands on with how it was suppose to be done without a problem
Pros
Free lunch every day
Cons
30 minute breaks and healthcare was provided
Okay
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 6, 2017
I wish they would give raises instead of you having to switch positions to get higher pay! Some of the people seem racist theyre not too friendly! Could be better
the owrk environment was very good
MS (Former Employee) –  MSApril 27, 2017
the job was great but childcare has gotten too expensive so I'm looking for another job that will last and also help me pay my bills and have extra money on also looking for a change in my career I like to try and learn different things in life I'm a fast learner and it takes no time for me to catch on u won't make a mistake in hiring me I would love to make a difference in another company and bring smiles to awaiting customers my spirit is upbeat and very catchy
Pros
Happy customers
Cons
everything was great
Secured the casino property.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 26, 2017
I secured the casino property and its guests. I made sure there money was secure and it's guests. I secured the casino hotel and it's property. I enjoyed my job.
Island view
Steward (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 2, 2017
I have work at island view and I loved it.. Island view is a great casino the works are great the costume love to come and enjoy the food and activities..
Cons
Island view
Good company if you work for tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 21, 2017
Good company to work for for the most part. It has its downsides like any other business. Opportunity for advancement if you prove your a reliable worker and stay on top of management about your promotion. Its a casino so if you have younger kids and a family all of your holidays are gone. Wish management was more organized. But great place for starting out and making quick money if you work for tips.
Pros
Free lunch, good tips
Cons
Unorganized management, no pay raises