Island View Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Monday Monday
Executive Pastry Chef - over (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 12, 2016
always good mornings to all you pass starting the day, eight years ago I started there as a line cook an have worked to executive pastry chef, the people I work with dedicated chefs and co-workers they have a passion for the culinary field, sometimes the standing in one area can be a little tiring but when you see guest enjoy the products that you produce it is quite rewarding
Pros
good benefits, room for advancement, team players
Cons
need more modern equipment
Nice place to work if your the right person.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 21, 2017
Company has great benefits and is for the most part easy to work for. Downside is that whatever position your hired in as that's only pay you'll ever receive, they do not believe in raises unless you move to a different position that pays more.
this is the worst environment I have ever worked in as far as communication and most management.
Observer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 1, 2016
The only good thing I can say about this place is some of the benefits such as the EDR. As for the rest, I really liked most of my co workers, but it has horrible management and horrible communication skills. If you have a disability, be prepared to be accused of being of drugs and then with no concrete evidence you are fired. There is zero communication along with it seeming to feel like a "boy's only" club in certain departments. My advice, don't waste your time.
Pros
EDR
Cons
Everything else about the management and most staff of the casino.
dont work here!!!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 27, 2016
very strict place, almost scared to breathe I was an employee to got fired for being a minute late because of a bus driver who didn't know what the he was doing and my friend got fired for using the wrong time clock she was "spouses" to use the one on the right not the left!!! if you live across the street you cant just walk to work and go in nope!!! you have to walk across the street to the old run down parking garage and catch the bus then come all the way back across the street then go in and clock in most obscured thing I have ever heard of in my life!!!
Great to work for if you kiss butt
Barback/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 25, 2016
When I first started this was just a job for me to pay bills. I loved most of my team, and the training provided. I worked on the new Beach tower side and loved it. They trained me to bartend, buss, barback, and serve, all within the first few months. At first everything was going good with scheduling and team I worked with. A few months after summer ended, and slow season began for winter I started to see team mates I work with treated like dispensable toys and tossed, starting with major hour cuts, might I add, was supposed to be full time hours for us, quitting. I loved a few of my supervisors, but when I had a problem with the bad ones HR would turn a blind eye or other buddy buddy supervisors would sweep it under a rug. I was a good worker, and when promotions would open up I would apply for positions and I would be promised things and never get them. Favoritism and inside hiring within that side is a joke. They would rather go with outside hires even when you have the proper training to do a job. Only one good manager in charge who made sure to care for her team and make your job worth staying and I thank her for that experience and time.
Pros
Free EDR meals, Free clinic use, lots of training, benefits are cheap
Cons
Pay, Healthcare prices, shift hours, slow season hours, most of management, A## kissers, no raises EVER
Typical Job working in fast pace envirornment
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 26, 2017
Overall it was a good job, just a scheduling conflict..
Management was great
The employees were helpful and loved their jobs.
Nothing was hard about the job.
I loved making money every night
Pros
Tips every night
Cons
short breaks
Busy , fun place to work.
Room Chef (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39502November 30, 2016
Responsible for 4 sous chefs and 16 cooks in an outlet feeding 15000+ covers a month. The most significant contribution I made while working there was that we wrote recipe specifications for everything. If we did a special we repiped it and gave it to guests.
Pros
Executive management very involved.
Cons
Employee turnover
I have the time of my life when I go to work entertaining the Island View Guest that come to the players club
Player's Club Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 9, 2017
Typical day at work I came in checked the status of how the day has been going. I check with the manager to see if there are any extra duties that need to be done. I begin my shift communicating with the guest.
Pros
Lunch was Free we could not clock out for lunch
Cons
sometimes the hours were long, I always volunteer to stay late
sort of a fun place to work
Mcsa (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 23, 2016
Fun, busy, decent pay. only part time though. Would probably go back. good employees. gain knowledge of product. better than most retail places.
Pros
friendly environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
short breaks, no benefits.
Very fast paced venue/always growing
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 12, 2015
I started as a prep cook. I was promoted to line cook after 3 months probation. Island view does a great job by recognizing hard workers. Overall, It was a very great experience to work there. However, I would change the employee transit. Once you park in the garage, I believe that the employees are very dependent in the transit. I feel that this should be made more independent. Island view is very strict on there attendance policy. Therefore, you must be on time. The management is very outgoing. You have the opportunity to work with many diverse people at the casino resort. Most days may be challenging. However, I believe that conquering challenges make a better worker.
Pros
Free Employee Buffet, Promotions, PTO
Cons
No resort benefits

Want to know more about Island View Casino Resort?

Ask a question
Cage Grave Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 20, 2016
Interacting with employees and guests was my favorite. I think the hardest part of my job was working weekend and holidays. The most enjoyable part was interviewing and hiring.
Pros
place to work
Cons
weekends and holidays
I like it
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 14, 2016
I like working at the Island View! All my regular customers love me! I always keep a smile on my face because it shows interest to all the customers
Pros
free lunch, really good supervisors
Cons
always working on holidays and weekeds
Absolutely Amazing Place
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 19, 2012
My typical day at Island View began with going to work around 8pm and working until 5 or 6am. During this time I would pay jackpot winners, help guests around the casino, and fix slot machine jams and paper outages.

I can honestly say it was the greatest job I've ever had. It was fun, it was somewhat fast paced, and there were great people to work with and talk to all night. The pay was excellent, sometimes reaching $40 an hour with tips, we ate free every meal, great benefits and unlimited chances for advancement.

I only left this job because my wife at the time was military and we moved or I would still be there today. I can honestly say I have nothing bad to say about this place from the friendly staff to the amazing atmosphere, there was nothing I can do but praise it.
Pros
free meals, great pay, amazing people, fun atmosphere, fun job
Cons
smoke in the casino
Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 23, 2016
Something different were one I worked was nice and easy to get along with the hard part of the job is trying to get of the rooms in 30mins the most enjoyable part of the is going home
Lead Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 30, 2016
With the casino being open 24/7 the audit department is busy every day from start to finish to complete all of the daily audits, send out exceptions and do so with accuracy.
Pros
Health insurance
Great facility, Great customers
FRONT SERVICES-VALET KEY CONTROL (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 13, 2015
I have met many people all over the world. That is why I adore the job that I have now. It has opened my eyes to many different situations that I now know how to handle properly.
Pros
free health clinic
Cons
no raises, expensive healthcare
It's a job, deal with diffrent people and situations everyday.
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 18, 2013
Best part of the job is assisting people, very rewarding. You always want to do things the right way here, if so, or not, it can be proven. You have to be diverse with your co-workers, and understand it's a job, not a picnic. This job is easy to me because of my attitude, management is management, and I do the job for eight hours, then I do what I do with my family.
Pros
we eat free every day, very good benefits.
Cons
weekend work.
Good place to build experience in room service and heavy duty cleaning
heavy duty porter (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 2, 2016
i started in room service with 9.00 an hr advanced to heavy duty porter with 11.00 an hr. I gained good experience in this job but i would to advanced with better career.
Super Boring
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  SecurityJune 21, 2013
To me it is a very boring job. And that's what it is. A job. If you are looking for performance reviews and possible raises move on. I know guards who have worked there sense they opened and haven't seen one raise.
Pros
Free Meals, Great Health Benefits, Free Clinic
Cons
Boring, Lowest Pay for Casino Security, No Raises EVER, Security Advancement is non existent
housekeeping
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 11, 2016
I started off actually like island view. up until one of the managers tried to show favoritism and I didn't like that at all. which resulted in me leaving.
Pros
food
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Island View Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval