Isle of Capri Casino

Isle of Capri Casino Employer Reviews

Great staff
Main Bank Cashier (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 22, 2014
The people who work for any casino work hard and are underappreciated. Its not an easy job but the team work and friends that you make and get to know bring the employee back to work each day or night.
Slot Floorperson (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSDecember 20, 2014
They treat their employees very well. You get Thanksgiving and Big Christmas bonuses
Productive and Interesting
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LADecember 19, 2014
The job gave me a chance to learn a lot of things. To hone my attention to detail and knowledge in various areas You never knew what was going to happen from day to day, and that in itself made the work fascinating. I also had good co-worker and supervisors to work with and learn from during my time there.
pay too low
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Boonville, MODecember 17, 2014
the pay was too low and the schedule was too rigid.............................
Fun environment
Cashier and Hostess (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MODecember 16, 2014
As an employer at the casino I enjoyed it over all. I would interact with customers and/or operate the cash register. A typical night would be filled with performing my job duties, and laughter. I learned that learning about a customer personally makes them appreciate your work. My co-workers and I always worked together to make the night fun.
Fun work place
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LADecember 9, 2014
Management was great. They were in touch with all employees. The management really seemed to care about every employee.
Very good company to work for ... fun and exciting.
Vice President /General Manager (Former Employee), Lula, MSDecember 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: never a dull moment
Working for the Isle of Capri was challenging and invigorating. The Isle of Capri provided a daily learning experience dealing with customer satisfaction and loyal team members.
Cashier and cook (Former Employee), North Kansas CityNovember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers.
Cons: not holiday off or weekends.
Isle Capri was a good place to work. It was always busy. I used to work on the kitchen and also did cashier. Helped on the giftshop most of the time. I used to do all three job during the day depends how busy we were and how many employees where working that day! At a casino is always busy and that was something I liked.
Fun working with the public
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSNovember 21, 2014
Pros: tips, free lunches, and stock in the company if you go a year without missing a day
Cons: short hours dureing slow season
We had a rotation every two hours and therefore I had the pleasure of working in different areas and meeting different types of people I loved helping individuals with things like showing them around and also escorting people to and from their rooms or their cars. The feeling of knowing that someone trusted you to care for them was amazeing! Working with fellow Security Officers gave the feeling of the camaraderie I had in the Army. The hardest part of the job is haveing people sometimes when they are unhappy tend to blame the first person they see which was the Security Officer. But one learns to take it with a grain of salt and continue to give a pleasant response to everyone.
The company is not creating a good work environment with advancement.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 14, 2014
Pros: work indoors. uniform provided, breakroom and an edr
Cons: aside from room for advacement and pay, the cigarette smoke and drunk people
In my opinion, the property that I work at hasn't done well with truly evaluating and placing employees who are truly talented. They let a lot of talent slip through their fingers. They promoted mediocre employees over great employees and they didn't do a great job in compensating their employees that were deserving. That was upper managements fail.

I must say that there are some good points to the property. I have worked with some very good people on both employee and management levels. Not all of the employees are bad. Also, the relaxed setting and atmosphere is good also. Sometimes too relaxed but still, it is pretty laid back. Easy job.

Hardest part of any casino is dealing with the drunk and unruly and of course the second and third had smoke. Next hardest part is the customer. Sometimes they focus their anger at losing on you.

All in all a somewhat typical casino.
Smooth work days
Risk/Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAOctober 20, 2014
A typical work day allowed for me to work at my own pace. I learned how to organize my work days to be productive. Co-workers were helpful during Open Enrollment, and they stepped up whenever I needed assistance. There really was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable parts of it were being able to work at my own pace and assisting team members with questions they had.
I Loved My Job Here
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Boonville, MOOctober 20, 2014
The Isle of Capri was a very fun place to work. I enjoyed working here. Management was extremely precise in teaching you about your job, and how to do it. It was a great experience!
Fun and Productive Place to Work Meeting New People
Cocktail Server (Former Employee), Westlake, LASeptember 14, 2014
I truly ejoyed this job very much. I was able to make great friends and meet new people everyday.
High on customer service
Dealer / Dual Rate Supervisor (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: no real benefits
Nice casino boat. Employees get along great. Not very busy due to all the competition in area.
Productive day of work
Income Auditor of Finance (Former Employee), Natchez, MSSeptember 5, 2014
Work hard , employees was great to work with ,management was nice, learned a lot about auditing in the finance field.
A good place to work. The employees are very friendly
Security Officer/Shift Supervisor/EMT (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 2, 2014
A good place to work. The employees are very friendly. The customers are nice
Productive workplace. Great co workers.
Security Officer/Lead Officer (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits (free clinic, lunch withdrawn from check)
Cons: high turnover.
Patrol facility. Approach individuals showing possible signs of intoxication. Respond to emergency situations.
Productive and a fun place to work
Buffet Server (Former Employee), Lula, MSAugust 3, 2014
Pros: possibility of leaving early
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at Isle of Capri is working hard, greet your guest with a smile and keep work area clean. I learned how to deal with all kinds of people and how to work at a fast pace. Management did just that they managed. Co-workers were fun and very helpful got along with every one of them. The hardest part about the job was being treated
equally by certain management. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people.
OVERALL IS WAS AN OK EXPERIENCE
Cashier/ Relief Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Natchez, MSJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: our breaks were too short and we had to come in 30 mins early to pay for our lunches
MY TIME AT THE ISLE WAS EVENTFUL AND PRODUCTIVED. THE MANAGEMENT DID THEIR BEST TO PROVIDE A GOOD WORKING ENVIROMENT FOR ITS EMPLOYEES. I LEARNED A LOT AT THE ISLE AS WELL. THE CUSTOMERS ARE VERY FRIENDLY.
nOT MY BEST WORK EXPERIENCE
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Lula, MSJuly 21, 2014
I worked there for 7 months. I loved the pay but the job wasnt the best.

1 2 3 4 5

About Isle of Capri Casino

Rollin' on the river takes on new meaning when you're talking about Isle of Capri Casinos. The company owns and operates¬†about – Read more

Isle of Capri Casino Photos