Isle of Capri Casinos Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace with great coworkers and customers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work at the Isle of Capri is never the same. Our duties required us to assist customers as the needs arose and make sure all rules were followed by customers and staff. Although we did side jobs such as table drops, cards and dice destruction, and escorting other staff members from different departments whenever money was involved. I was able to use some of the skills I learned in my law enforcement experience on the job for situations such as handling an intoxicated or disruptive guest. The management and coworkers were easy to work with and kept the night interesting since I worked third shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with the guests and help them have a fun and safe time at the Casino.
Pros
Great staff to work with, Healthcare on site for employees, Benefits
Cons
Third shift
made alot of tips
Buffet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 28, 2016
Wasn't happy when the company went out of business, also wasn't happy when management just hired anyone and made our job a lot harder then it needed to be
Pros
made alot of tips and got raises
Cons
management hired just anyone
Does not care about employees
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 17, 2015
This place does its best to oppress and hold down it' employees. They offer pathetic raises, even for people who have been their for longer than a decade. The management team is ok, but view employees as dispensable. There is a constant battle between departments, especially when one seeks out another for advancement.
Pros
will hire anyone, approachable general manager
Cons
employees are not valued, bad employee dining options
Great place to work with a positive atmosphere.
Valet, Banquet Server & Set-up, Shuttle Driver, (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 26, 2016
The Isle Casino in Cape Girardeau is a fantastic company to work for for anyone interested in working in the service industry. The atmosphere is fun and vibrant and the managers make it a point to take care of their employees. The job was a bit hectic at times as I worked in various outlets simultaneously when it was extra busy. However, things were planned ahead of time to avoid instances like this from happening regularly. I miss my coworkers and managers the most out of all aspects of this job.
Pros
Advancement opportunities and plenty of hours.
Cons
Late shifts and reliant on tips.
Fun Learning experience
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf IowaJuly 29, 2015
The Isle of Capri gave me the experience for working on a large banquet scale. I enjoyed working there, the hours they required for the job were no longer rewarding for my home life. I was spending more time at work than I was with my daughter and I wasn't comfortable paying someone else to raise her.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with so many people from Executives at John Deere to small family business owners to Brides and Grooms sharing their special day.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
Good company, great benefits, awesome pay, great people
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, ColoradoOctober 4, 2015
I loved working for this company. If you work hard, show initiative, and understand that the reason you are there is for the guests, not the pay check then you will have no challenges in advancing when you want to.
Pros
great compensation, free on site parking, tremendous advancement opportunities
Cons
Long commute from home, expensive bus tickets
would not recommend
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LADecember 27, 2015
not a good company to work for .
there is many reason . there is no job security
rules are not everyone . management not professional are handle thing in a professional manner
Great colleagues who work hard and are smart.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSDecember 2, 2015
Many routine tasks including paying gaming taxes, lock and key controls and processes for new and old keys, a detailed analysis of weekly comping and documenting this review per company policy, journal entry proofing and reviews at period end, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, working with Compliance for SAR and IC meetings and changes. Researching financial statements monthly and more often to find cost saving opportunities. Hardest part of the job was effecting changes in purchasing and food/beverage processes to save money. Most enjoyable part was seeing the needed changes through to completion, even in food and beverage. There are many passionate employees throughout the organization.
Pros
Usually easy to get changes made, even in the rigorous PA regulatory environment.
Cons
Very long hours and almost no time off for getting away for more than 2-3 days.
The Isle was not a good place to work things were very inconsistent overall.
Bar Casino Beverage & Wardrobe Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 6, 2016
The job wa a good opportunity to develope people, sop's and policies that was inplace.

The typical days was try to get the right processes in place with the current management staff.

I learned the the company management team was very territorial and all bout themselves/no team work
Good compensation
Dual Rate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 24, 2015
The Isle of Capri offers great benefits to their employees including pay, health benefits, employee bonus' and exceptional employee relations.
The management are trained accordingly to their job requirements and pass along this knowledge to their employees.
The hardest part of any job is seeing an unhappy customer, knowing that you did everything you possibly could to make their day a little better is something that the Isle always strived to achieve.
I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people. It's a great feeling when you can establish relationships with your customers and know that they can depend on you.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Smoke filled environment
Fun place to work.
Casino Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSNovember 5, 2015
Easily promoted. Great benefits and pay. Provides training to its employees and overall great place to work. Corporate management does not get involved enough with the individual properties until something goes wrong.
Pros
Promotes from within company
Cons
Corporate management not involved enough with individual properties.
Fun place to work!
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAAugust 4, 2015
Awesome place to work at have all kinds of benefits for their customers and employee's! Management was understanding, caring, great people to work for! Fast pace & long hours, on your feet for hours but worth it. The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with customers, get to know them & some were like family!
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks
Cons
great healthcare benefits, employee appreciation lunches
Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 10, 2015
A typical day at the Isle of Capri for myself required mixing drinks, serving drinks, waiting on guests, and making sure their needs were met. I learned a lot about the bar scene and my co-workers assisted in teaching each other new things daily. The management was laid back and was always there to assist in times of need. The hardest part of the job was trying to get guests to want to keep ordering drinks. I loved the environment I worked in and the guests that kept me company. I liked being able to meet new people every day and learning about the guests life styles.
A safe, fun,and friendly place to work.
Chef of Otis & Henry Bar & Grill (Current Employee) –  Lula, MSApril 26, 2016
I love being a chef, the years that I have worked here at the Isle have been a learning experience. The people that I work with brings difference skill level to the table, we work as a team to get the job done.There is nothing hard about a job when you love what you are doing..
Pros
The reward of giving outstanding customer service
Cons
Skilled employees that make your job easy
Hotel maintenance
Hotel Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lula, MSJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at work was when things got broken , what I learned about Hotel Maintenance was to maintain in what I do and what I supposed to do . My co-worker was excellent but the hardest part of my job was when I had to climb into the roof fixing A/C. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the guest was happy and doing things the right way.
Laid off
Floor hand (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 8, 2015
As soon as the market crashed, Isle began to strategize the company to a more profitable business. I was laid off having one of the strongest dealing times, highest hourly pay and benefits for my family. I received a severance package which was nice, however I am left barely surviving my housenote and bills.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
was laid off in the regrouping
An ok place to work
Front Desk Clerk (pt) (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 11, 2016
The staff is a delight to work with and supportive. Management was good as well.
I enjoyed working with the public, checking guests in and out.
I had never worked at a hotel so I learned a lot.
Pros
I worked good hours
Human Resources/Risk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSNovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. Working for this company pushed me to want to learn more and move up. I got to meet a lot of great guests and employees. I was excited about my new promotion I had received in July of this year as a HR Risk Clerk. But right after getting the promotion we were told that the business was closing. I was still given the chance to work as a Risk Clerk up to October 19, 2015.
I enjoyed working here
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake CharlesApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here but compensation was a problem as well as the overall future of this property. Most of the staff is extremely friendly and there is a great possiblity of advancement because the staff is always going though changes. Which can be a pro or con depending on perspective.
good pay, tiame approrpiate, and fun.
Steward (dishwasher) (Former Employee) –  Lula, MSJuly 12, 2016
Working in this field was enjoyable and it allowed me to like what I was doing and meeting new. The chance to see the joy on the faces of winners and the sadness of those who loose. It was a great place to work.