ISMG Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 26, 2016
You met a lot of famous people. Due to the fact you worked at basket ball, baseball and football games. It was always a lot to do in a lot of new people to meet.
too much burocracy. Too many promises but nothing concrete.
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 30, 2015
Company, is very good in listen to you, and give promises, nothing else.
I am thankful for the opportunity, but there is not a strong management who cares for the employee. You can really die in a corner and never be seen.
Pros
They will only use you, along with illegal work practices.
Security/ Vehicle Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 20, 2015
A convincing interview/introduction, to a very bad company to work for. No legal OT pay, poor management, no set schedules, poor all around communication system, extremely cheap pay for the type of services conducted, and they will set you up to fail in the end, when they are done using you. Welcome to the Security Circus, where everyone in the office gets a good laugh at your hard efforts to give them a much undeserved better image, they feed off your work needs, and you will always have to adapt to very unstable schedules with no guaranteed days off. Be ready to receive threatening calls to force you to work your days off, unprofessional office staff, and get ready to be forced to respond to very unsafe situations out on the field, without almost any office staff support. Unsafe, and without using common sense, you will end up getting hurt like my current and former co-workers. Many convincing lies and unkept promises. You will resign like the last of us, feeling very used.
Pros
Very close to home.
Cons
Unsafe, illegal, and unnecessary, work practices.
Getting to work with wonderful people and customers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day while with ISMG was to patrol each floor and each section/dept. on that floor to insure that there were no possible threats to the building or employees that remained after hours. I enjoyed working with the staff and I got to know a lot of them by name. The hardest part of the job for me was having to go up on the roof because I am afraid of heights and I have vertigo. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers.
lots of exercise patrolling the cake plant
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2015
lots of exercise patrolling the grounds,The bbq cook outs in parking was very nice.I got to meet and mingle with other employees, and managers other than security. There were no hard part of the job ,I enjoyed security position. Most enjoyable part of the job was enteracting with truckers,vendors employees.
Pros
good management, well organized
Cons
no relief for breaks or lunch
Company does not respect workers and low pay
Security Officer Promoted to Security Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2015
Company does not respect workers and low pay.Effectively perform security functions. Responsible for officers of all three shifts. Decision-making skills create positive results. Administer weekly payroll. Ensure that all reports are submitted and filed.Oversee complete safety of the building: ensure
Pros
Not any pros
Cons
Many cons
Health, safety and security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Monitoring surveillance camera and activity that occurs throughout the building as personnel enter and exit the property. Learn how to be very observant of surrounding areas.
Working the third shift with ISMG
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
At the time I was employed with ISMG I worked all nights. I was working at the Atlanta housing high rise properties and the Atlanta schools.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2014
I learned key skills by way of paying attention to details. I have been able to stay at the same job site and because of this job I was able to retain the position of site supervisor when the contract was bought out by another security company.
walmart
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2014
I did a lot of standing. I enchanced my customer services skills. Its a great company to work for.
having the confidence from my peers in my position is rewarding
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2014
enjoyment of greeting people on a daily basis is a great way to start and end the day
Pros
interactive with people daily
Cons
needed benefits
Fun and exciting
Security (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2014
I've meet many different people from all over the world working here. I enjoy being able to help people that needed my help and answering all their questions to the best of my ability.
My experience/opinion: Deceptive pay practices & failure to recognize, reward job dedication/performance.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2014
It is my opinion/experience that ISMG does not promote a work environment reflecting espoused equal pay regardless of Greystone Security Officer position or experience, and did demonstrate documented deceptive pay practices. It is my opinion that ISMG also failed to rely on documented factual instruction and documented employee adherence to such instruction, so that abrupt/erroneous forced termination of employment resulted. I observed such erroneous perception to be not only impacting my work environment, but at least one other employee. Tis is my well considered and objective review of my experience as an ISMG employee assigned to the Greystone Residential Security contract/site.
Very beautiful and nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2014
Monday-Sunday
Management are so kind and flexible
Co-workers very friendly and helpfull
no hardest part of the job
I love to work for this company
Pros
benefits....great position and great peoples
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 20, 2014
none the company was a job not a career theren was no enjoyment some coworkes are ok
Fun Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 17, 2014
This is not a company for growth and advancement. The benenfits are really horrible.
benefits
A rewarding job that increased my knowledge of Management and Private Security
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2014
A typical day included traveling to multiple job sites, overseeing the security officers in their duties, client relations and business development.

Insured that officers kept up with their training for basic security duties and their site specific areas.

The hardest part about the job reflects staffing issues, the control of Non Billable Overtime and Direct Labor percentages.

This job encompassed customer service, preparing security officers for success and challenges that taught me different angles of how this business is conducted.
Pros
a sense of accomplishment when job is completed.
Cons
sometime long hours
receptionist
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  atlanta,gaJanuary 2, 2014
I am a receptionist that wears a security uniform
Management is not organized
the job is not hard
We have a relaxed but professional work place.
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 10, 2013
The hardest part of work is when you need coverage of an emergency situation, no answers their phones or no one to come in.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Professional enviroment
Security Officer/Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2013
Good work environment, excellent managers dedicated to providing the best value for the clients dollar.
Pros
on the clock lunches, flexible hours

2.9