ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews in United States

nice and smooth
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 21, 2016
It was a steady pace it was a good learning expirence it was long most times but it was a way for me to learn more of the company it was. A cool expirence.
Pros
n/a
Cons
breaks
I enjoyed assembling products
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed going to work and talking with my co-workers. I learned to put to follow instructions to the T, so that the product would be shipped out to the customer correctly. The hardest part of my job was standing for 10 hours at a time.
Pros
keeps you in shape
Cons
healthcare
No plan no direction
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
It's never easy to manage employees from a distance but ISS is particularly inept.
I was plunked down at a site by myself and given no direction or support.
No plan of action, no written process or procedure. A very amateur bunch.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
no oversight
mundain, no advancement, horrible management, low budget
LDAR Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 2, 2016
poor management, very little notice on work news, low budget, pay cheap, best for beginners, work is easy anyone can do it, constant turnaround, and no overtime.
Pros
waiting...
Cons
equipment will always break, weekly
n/a
Sort Department (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 14, 2016
I like my job. Would change the fact that its temporary. Would love to stay more than the period of time established. I've learned alot of things. Co-workers are great. The hardest part is when there is no work for a perod of time in the day. I enjoy what I do.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short breaks
A place to start.
Cleaner/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 6, 2016
The job isn't hard,but there too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The salary will be increased from $9 an hour to $15. It is a cleaning position at Laguardia and Kennedy.
ping pong for go dady only iss has nothing for employeess
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2016
don't work there low pay for janitorial cashiers make three more dollars a hour to sit on cell and txt unfair pay Scottsdale az if Mexican your work out there they like lol balling them
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad work place
good places to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 10, 2016
typical day was you sat at home wait for the call to come for work and once that happened you where uasle there for a long time and sometime you got drict hired
Pros
good work
Cons
having to wait for work
good
Supervisor at Sky Harbor International Airport (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2016
pay can be better for the employees that deserve a raise.
other than that management was bad at first but seem like they got it under control
Great working Environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  SharronvilleApril 11, 2016
I would come to Iss everyday and i would sign in and check the car parts then i would walk around the building and i would make sure all the other workers was doing the part they need to do. I would also try to teach the new workers the job.
okay
UPS Driver Runner (Former Employee) –  PAApril 7, 2016
A typical day at amazon was hard and long. I learned that amazon takes it serious when it comes to getting customers purchases out on time. Management was kind and helpful. Didn't really talk to the other co-workers. The hardest part was the super fast past you had to acquire to get things shipped out. The most enjoyable part was the pay each week.
Pros
good pay
Cons
really big warehouse
Terrible
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 6, 2016
This was a terrible place to work. I am not of the Hispanic decent so I don't speak Spanish. It was hard to communicate with employees and they were never on time. My mother was rushed to the er and due to not being able to come in I was fired. I would never work there again. The pay was terrible as well.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Late hours. Hours different on certain days of the week. Racist
avoid!!
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2016
terrible upper management, treat their employees like dirt. shoddy work hours. unequal pay for work accomplished. dont waste your time.
greay work environment
custodial peronnel (Former Employee) –  greensburg ncMarch 19, 2016
I care about my work looking well. doing a good job .I aim to work in a clean and professional environment.My goals are to with maintaining a professional atmosphere through utilization of cleaning equipment provided.
Pros
great work environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 8, 2016
Responsible for janitorial duties at the city of Avondale buildings. Gained leadership of managing the work of co-workers at my assigned buildings.
Very busy environment
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 7, 2016
Taking sorted carts and packing the orders to send out for shipping. I learned how to properly pack items so they wouldn't get ruined. Management team was very understanding and patient with everyone in the department. Hardest time was waiting for more work to come.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Not enough work
Excellent Place to work on and with printers.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAMarch 6, 2016
I have learned a lot of beneficial skills involving customer service and troubleshooting. This desk services OKIDATA printers via phone calls. The customers are usually not very computer or technically savvy, so you have to have in-depth knowledge of every aspect of their OS and the machine. Using these skills you must walk customers through several steps involving networking and electronic implementation.
Great !
Guess Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2016
Everything was great. No complaints . Whatever you needed you had. It was very easy to catch on to what needed to be done and it was really easy following the guidelines and daily procedures.
Working with a temp
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 3, 2016
I cleaned and sanitized different locations.
I organized and stocked when needed. I recycled trash every hour as needed. This job requires all strength for picking up big bags of trash and machinery objects.
Temp Agency for Amazon, same atmosphere as Amazon but not...
Ship Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 29, 2016
All in all the work day is the same as Amazon only real differences is as a ISS employee your pay rate may be a little less or more than a Amazon Employee's, you don't get any decent Health Care benefits. The job security end of ISS is the worst part in my time working for Amazon I've met a number of people who came in through ISS and I thought would have made the cut to become full employees but in the end of their allotted hours or peak season were dismissed. I my self did not have this issue but it could just be timing of hire and my friendly, willingness to work and appeasing attitude that helped me get hired on.
Pros
Seasonal/Temporary Pay is Higher then Full Employment, Set hours, Free holiday meals
Cons
No advancement, no job security, under constant supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.