ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Easy work but fast paced and dirty
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 18, 2017
This would not be a bad job if they paid more and offered benefits and paid time off and were to keep employee's. My role there I worked anywhere from 50 hours a week to 73 hours aweek was told couldn't have a raise because I had to much over time did not have employee's to cover all area's
Pros
Cons
see above
a typical day at work
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 17, 2017
secure a position goal would enable me to use my talent and skill as well as contribute to organization goals which would provide excellent opportunities for career and personal growth
Pros
good productid work
Cons
short brake
24 hour work day on call 24/7
Bridge Tender Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 17, 2017
My day was always crazy. I was on call24/7 for a crew of 30 Bridge tenders. I ran five draw bridges in Palm Beach County. Phone never stops ringing.

I learned Microsoft , word ,exel and powerpoint
Pros
When full stffed had a lot of free time
Cons
when not full staffed woked 12-16 hours daily sometime 20 hours
Un lugar donde trabajas con muy buenos beneficios
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 15, 2017
Trabajé para esta compañía por los últimos 10 años y creo que Iss tiene un Potencial como empresa con el cual puede lograr alcanzar objetivos inesperados . También capacita a sus trabajadores para un buen desempeño laboral equipando y activando a su personal para lograr mejores avances en la industria del Servicio.para otras grandes compañías
Some jobs were ok pay and nice management some jobs were bad management and not enough hours.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2017
Company has some rude staff management to the employees or people tht are applying.

It was ok working at the royals stadium for ten an hour but once I went to Truman for 8.50 and the manager was showing favoritism toward other employees wich lead to her firing me.
Not a place for advancement always short on supplies equipment always breaking down.
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2017
Not a good place to work. Poor management no room for advancement. Insurance is to expensive. Company promises better things to come ISS has not lived up to its promises the have a high turnover rate I will not be working there much longer,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
ISS charges $100.00 for a badge that doesnt belong to them it belongs to the city of Phoenix.
sadly not a great company, for maintenance ISS is for Janitorial
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
I was in charge of 3 buildings 8 floors each,
all the maintenance of those buildings where done only by one maintenance, we where always in skeleton crew because there where no budget for more,management was bad. and the hardest part was when you need it help to clime an 8 plus foot ladders and no help from the other crew members, because the shortness of crew the best part of the job was the continue education we where taking every month and keep on learning and expanding my skills.
Pros
continue education online
Cons
the management where always telling us that we where easy to replace
Poor Management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
ISS facilities can be a great place to work the only thing that can change that is the management. When I worked at ISS some of the decisions made by management were at best questionable.
Pros
Can work without supervision
Great part-time job
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2017
A fun place to work. Upper management is typical of any other company and the like. People are fun to work with and customers are very appreciative of good work.
Employee growth/ lateral moves
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 8, 2017
Its a great company to work for but as a current employee it is very difficult to make any lateral moves . You are made to feel like a non employee and have to go through the interview process all over .. As an employee there should be a benefit for growth .
Big company. individual office not managed well
Senior District Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63146August 7, 2017
The big company needs to be more in touch with what is going on in the small branch.Contract cleaning is a tough business. The larger company gave no support to the smaller branch.
Very comfortable place to work in
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
I just loved the environment and employees. The job was very easy if you pay attention to detail. even being in the airport was very exciting and seeing the different areas you usually wouldn't see
Lack of training and on boarding processes.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 1, 2017
It appears that often information does not trickle down in a timely manner for new process implementation. In several All Hands meetings, I kept hearing how other sites across the United States were using outdated documents. Their SharePoint had many outdated documents and not kept up to date. Did not appear to have a Gatekeeper on their Gateway system. Took 4 months to finally receive some training for processes. I feel a more formal training program should be implemented to increase new hire productivity. Very hard to find contacts for day to day issues or questions from the corporate office.

Most of the training I was involved in were not formatted very well and no documentation on agenda was provided prior to training. It was more of a random conversation instead of a step by step format or process training.
Pros
Flexible work schedule for my site at least. My position had minimal weekend projects.
Cons
Commute was not too bad for me except traffic hours in the afternoon, many people are placed in positions and not really qualified or trained, on boarding process needs major improvement, pass downs from management or corporate offices needs improvement for such a large company
Good work experience
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2017
Good people to work with and for. Got to meet and interact with a wide assortment of people and situations. The hardest part of the job was to clean while the passengers were in the terminal.
Pros
two consecutive days off.
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working for Iss Facility Services
Lead Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 27, 2017
I would return to Iss Facility Service .I enjoyed working alone at my own pace at times an also helping out at other buildings as a crew.I also enjoyed working with my supervisor she was fun , cool , an understanding.
Gained lots of knowledge and experience
AR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2017
Lots of multitasking and problem solving. No day is the same, accuracy is a must. Communication between field and office staff could be improved. Genuinely feel appreciated at work.
Good pay but not a long term job
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2017
It pays more than most security jobs but that is honestly the only positive thing I can say thus far and I've been here for a few years. Micro managed!!!!!
Pros
pay and health care
Cons
management
Terrible hours and low pay rates
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2017
Iss staffing was a very hard but low paying job. The managers were very rude and hard to get in touch with, team work were never apart of assignments which made things difficult for everyone.
very professional company
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 18, 2017
1st class company, very professional personnel to work with.
because of a cut of budget this company had to removed several positions including mine, but I felt very comfortable with the their system.
Pros
They trusted me, with all the functioning of the facility.
Cons
lunch time varies every single day
Struggles to hire and retain good employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 17, 2017
The company does not pay competitive wages, so it hires many undesirable employees. The company lost the contract to provide facilities maintenance at a well known facility due to these challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval