Issaquah Dance Theatre seeks a highly motivated, positive individual for an integral position at our large, fast paced Dance School. This position will encompass many facets of arts management and business administration. Depending on the applicant's background and extent of their dance background, the position could additionally include teaching and choreographing opportunities, assistance with our non profit and grant writing, and more. This position has room for significant growth within our organization based on the skills and enthusiasm of the individual who joins our team!
We offer a very competitive salary, bonuses, benefits and perks such as mobile phone, memberships, travel and training opportunities, and more.
The position is open to either:
A) A business, marketing and arts management focused applicant. (OR)
B) An applicant with a strong dance background, degree or professional equivalent- whom also has previous experience managing a dance program with strong administrative, organizational and social skills.
This position is perfect for the artist and teacher- who still needs to create and work with students, and also happens to have a business background and loves the fast paced dance studio/company environment. IDT is an established and reputable business that is on the brink of major expansion and growth- including opening a second location out of the area. The candidate must possess the skills and drive to take IDT to the next level.
- Management and assisting the day to day office, business, HR administration.
- Connecting with and assisting teachers, parents and students.
- Organizing, prioritizing and answering a large volume of information, phone calls and emails.
- Registration and marketing of classes, events, performances and programs development.
- Administrative support of multiple productions and performances.
- Assist with class scheduling and calendar planning for each season.
- Attend and participate in community and networking meetings and events.
- Support the IDT outreach program.
- Overseeing IDT staff to ensure organization, inventory and appearance of office and dance shop.
- Draft correspondence, prepare spreadsheets and process large amounts of information to organize and utilize.
- Oversee/ensure maintenance of customer databases and distribution lists.
- Assist and oversee accuracy and timelines of accounts receivable and collections.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Some bookkeeping.
. . .and more!
Impeccable attention to detail
Experience in a similar or comparable organization is preferred
Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends with a flexible schedule
Supervisory experience is required
Must possess significant tact and courtesy, with strong customer service skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Proficiency with Adobe Suite/web design/graphic design experience a plus
B.A./B.S or equivalent experience required
Strong dance background/specific interest in dance
Love of children a plus (and a necessity)
Salary is commensurate with experience; benefits available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email, pasting your response and information in the body of the email in addition to any attachments you have. Thank you.