IST Management Services Employee Reviews

Company Culture is Good at Top Levels
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 20, 2018
IST Management Services is a good company, but the upper management should consider better benefit packages for its employees and PTO should accumulate more during the year.
Pros
Good contracts with clients
Cons
PTO doesn't accumulate much annually and Benefits have a lot of OPE
IST Review
Service Specialist / Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2018
I did appreciate the fact of being offered a job with the company, but I was not paid for coming to work an hour early when my supervisor was on vacation.
I felt I should have been paid more because some employees were sent to my site for me to train them for other locations.
The company offered insurance but they did not contribute to any of it, so you carried the total payment. The 401K was not matched.
It's a good company that will teach you the basics especially if this is a first job for anyone, but I don't see this as a career move unless you are lucky to move to a higher position.
awful
mail room (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 10, 2018
Would not recommend no one to work here they are deceiving, unappreciative . It is a sinking ship they are just trying to stay a float. I was terminated unfairly and planning on taking actions. You are over worked under paid. The management is awful to every unprofessional lazy, looking for a short cut for everything
Pros
a hour lunch
Cons
management is awful
Worse company to work for.
Office Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2018
The site manager will have issues with you, harrasment with the site manager was and is horrible. Mistreat her staff. The account manager isn't any better, because they both lied and said the client wanted me removed and it wasn't true.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
they are sucks
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. they are horrible management always calling sick never there. its not a good company no benefts no paid time off you have to earned it
Pros
nome
Cons
it was an ok place to work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2018
WOW, management was not there for their employees, they cared more for the client than their employees, if you give a 2 weeks notice they will let you go before the 2 weeks, no loyalty from management,
Pros
You learn you things to advance your carrer
Cons
Sucks but if your desparate its a job
Csr (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
No room for growth its not a office job perfect for some 18 year old who just needs a check not for someone looking to actually learn anything management played favorites more of a clean up crew for staff at the company
Pros
Lots a downtime
Cons
Lots of downtown. Cleaning crew
The empolyees are good But Management not so good
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
I have reached my max at a site, there was a $2.00 overhead, when it was time to get my bonus they took my bonus money to pay the overhead so they don't eat the cost.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
upper management don't help out much, there is no overtime
Great Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2017
IST management is a great company to work for. I don't have any complaints about the work atmosphere and the support you receive from the company and co-workers.
Pros
Great Compnay Support
Cons
After 17 years in the business, I need to move on
Sucky place to work
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2017
They need to shut this company down. I dont even KNow how they still get contracts. They hire THE worst people as Managers and they dont care about the employees at all.
Production
Mail room (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 24, 2017
Poor management and lies to the employees when the job ends they really tell you they other sites but they set you up to not have a job. Benifits..ter
Pros
No benifits or even enough PTO for vacation & sick time.
Cons
1 hour lunch breaks
Rewarding depending on the client location
Sr. Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time with IST Management. Unfortunately I had decided to leave for lack of advancement opportunities. If the company had decided to invest more in my region I more likely would have stayed longer.
On Call Star - Largely Disorganized
On Call Star (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
Paid by the hour. I make 11.75 and recently discovered a new hire makes more than me. Livid. The raises we were scheduled for didn't really happen. Ultimately, this is the sort of place to work if you're desperate for office experience and/or a job. If it's both, then you're in luck! They'll hire just about anyone.

On a separate note: If you're a very sociable person who makes friends easily and can maintain a professional demeanor, you can excel here. Bonus points if you speak Spanish.
Paid time off is awarded every 30 hours work. So 30hrs = 1hr PTO added to your count, and I don't think you earn any until you've worked 6 months or something.

The people are largely nice, but eventually you'll realize that they ask more of you than they are willing to pay.

FYI - part-timers, what they call "On-Call Stars" are only approved to work for 65 hours per pay period. And it's frequently difficult for Stars to clock in for work because of management. (That being said, the new manager is more timely with editing time sheets.)
Pros
A job. Experience different companies. Hour lunch.
Cons
Low pay. No Benefits. Really experience being at the bottom of the ladder
Great sale to get you to work for them but very poor employee support and management support.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
Was hired with management experience but was treated as a normal employee. No one to supervise onsite because company allowed client to short staff the site then change contractual duties to accommodate client but not employee.

Was looked on negatively for taking PTO as well as any sick time. Management overall does not support employee and will remove you from site to keep client happy even when client requests things not covered by contractual obligations. Finally company will not seeing other sites for you as an employee as well as give bad references when you look for future employment. Mind you the company performs monthly audits on your performance and you may receive high marks yet still they will fire you.
Cons
No lunch breaks, long commute to work, no management support of employees, pay was horrible though contractual client obligation was above the standard.
Awesome coworkers
Office Support Specialist/Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2017
Tedious work with minimal corporate appreciation. On site managers are left in the dark about site overhauls and a conglomerate of ATLANTA corporates come in and shake leaves to leave those on site to clean the remninsce.

I loved my site OM and manager until things started shifting. My job was easy and stress free. Co workers the same, everyone knew their role and picked up slack where needed. We are/were a family.
Pros
Not a heavy workload, you lunch breaks(if not too busy)
Cons
No advancement or corporate support for much.
Not a good place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 15, 2017
IST don't pay you for time off, this was the first job ever where you earn time and they take it for a holiday. If you put in a two notice and have time left they don't let you use it due to the fact of your notice,
IST Management Service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2017
Watch your back and keep your head down there’s good management and not so good management. Don’t trust anybody. Just put in your hours and go home and you will be okay. At the end of the day your job is just a contract and it can be gone as quickly as it came.
Pros
There are good clients and managers out there
Cons
Management typically, High employee rotation, Not the best pay.
Good and reasonable place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 31, 2017
My review of IST is that they are a well balanced and diverse company. They allow individuals to be placed in corporate settings to develop interpersonal and customer service skills through growth. Being in the outsourcing industry is a great way to advance and move up in this fast pace world. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part is comraderie and professional relationships needed to advance.
Pros
Good work schedule, great management
Cons
Not enough time
Boring but consistent.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 27, 2017
IST is a company that subcontracts mail, copy, and hospitality services for law firms, schools, etc, so most of the day to day work experiences will depend on the specific site. However, IST itself is a fine company to work for. Pay And benefits are a tad low. Management is competent but fairly hands off. A lot of the day to day work is pretty mindless and needs to be done by " the numbers" so to speak. A lot of the work depends on the client, but again is fairly mindless.
Pros
Consistent schedule, steady pay, 1 hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Boring, meanial, not much room for advancement
Outsourcing contractor with no advancement
IST Regional STAR (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 26, 2017
Don't work here unless you're a student looking for experience in mailroom, hospitalities, or copy center work. This is a bad deal for you otherwise. Allow me to air all my grievances.

The typical workday: pretty standard for most of the jobs mentioned above. Keep in mind that advancement is a lie, as they'll farm out all promotion potential to other entrants. The company wants you to work in that entry level position as long as they are able to keep you, which helps explain their high turnover rate.

The pay: for a typical service agent, you are working at a couple dollars higher than minimum wage. That's how it is, and that's how it stays. The end of year performance reviews bump up your salary by pennies on the dollar, if that. My coworkers complain about finishing the review and getting nothing, due to "it not being in the budget." That is unbelievable, considering the price these contracts are agreed upon. Promotions are anemic, if they do happen; managers make only a couple dollars more than a service agent.

Benefits and time off: ABYSMAL.
The benefits programs they do have are priced too highly. Do not get insurance through the company.
On another note; vacation time, sick days, and days off are merged into "paid time off," where you accrue one day after a month.

Please, unless it is absolutely necessary, don't take a job with this company. There are details I can't embellish, so please trust me when I say that they don't deserve your work.
Pros
Offers full time work
Cons
Bad benefits, almost no advancement, poor pay, meager managers, and expendability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IST Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.