IST MANAGEMENT

IST MANAGEMENT United States Employee Reviews

Great place to gain experience
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Corporate experience, breaks, flexible, pay
Cons: miscommunication, stagnate advancement, disorganization
A typical day at work included being sent to a new law-firm or Tech-firm, training with the supervisor of said firm and learning how to perform all the tasks yourself. I learned a variety of skills from differing corporations that required different skillsets. Adaptation was a huge part of the job. Of the 14 sites worked, the coworkers and management vary, some good, some bad.

The hardest part of the job was advancing with flexible hours. It seems to be the only way to advance no matter how well you perform, is to do more hours. Most enjoyable part was the meeting different people and learning different skills.
productive and busy
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: hour lunch breaks, two 15 minutes breaks thats not tooken out of pay, learning mailroom quality
Cons: hours if your a STAR (on call)
A typical at IST is full of work its really never not busy which i like because it keeps me from getting bored easily. ive learned to to be more effective with the copy machines, palm pilots, and theyre computer based systems. My management are fully staffed productive people, my co-workers are as driven I am. I think that hardest part about my job would probably when theres not any jobs for us to do because it makes the day longer. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my jobs is being able to learn differnt techniques and better assist customers
no good
office specialist (Former Employee), pittsburghFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: benefits, pay, hours, management
This is a job strictly for young adults and college students. My hours were 1030 to 730, so I had to close the office. They did almost no training. They only trained you on whatever they needed you to do at that moment. Maybe that's because the manager was 25 and was more worried about facebook and other non work related stuff. Benefits and pay was a joke.
Interesting
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Great co-workers but management is less than desirable. Upward mobility is non-existent.
Productive place
On-Call Floater (Former Employee), Glenview, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Was doing a little of everything to delivering mail and boxes to offices, to all shipping out boxes etc.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: techology
Cons: no support
Management does not support staff. They are quick to throw you under the bus to save them self.I did enjoy the site and staff that we supported. The hardest part of the job was to many upper management all trying to tell you how they think or expect to you do your job.
Productive work environment with uplifting co-workers
Assistant Manager/Service Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: jean days
Cons: healthcare, no room for growth within the company.
A typical day at work involves getting conference set-ups done, sorting and delivering mail to the proper recipient. Log in incoming packages into the system.Complete varies of copy, fax and binding jobs before the end of the day or a specific time frame.
A great company to work for and the promote within.
Office Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2014
My day was always busy which made the day go by fast. I learned how to process payroll which was a plus on my resume. Management was a little unprofessional as it pertains to the in house clients making a difference and being critical at times but overall they treated me great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with new employees that hadn,t been trained properly but the best part of it all was working closly with USG Office Services. Very Professional!
Great Company with their own flaws.
Manager (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 16, 2014
Pros: team work, technologies and policies is the companies strong base.
Cons: look to have a 3-6 year career if onsite due to contract loss.
IST is a good company to work for in regards to team work and building your skills set with the training the company provides. If your able to climb the career ladder and place yourself at the upper management level expect alot to be asked of you but you will be rewarded for your sucesses. As any other outsourceing company they can lose the contract with a client which will leave some if not all of the personal without a job.
Producting learning experience
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Skokie, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: learned how to perform different types of copy jobs, great pay great hours
Cons: lack of advancement
Working on numerous daily copy jobs, setting up room and conference room setup for clients. Insuring client beverage requirements were met. Handling incoming and out going mail and packages. Daily inventory checks for kitchen and office supplies for local and regional clients. Moving and helping relocate new and existing employees to new. Putting together new hire kits
Discriminating and Dishonest Hiring Practices.
Applicant (Former Employee), Brentwood TNSeptember 30, 2014
I applied for IST Management in September of 2013. I received a very positive interview upon the completion of my application and was told that I was advancing to the next step in the hiring process. The "next step in the hiring process" was waiting for 10 days, having to make a phone call to them to follow up on when my next interview was and being told that they had hired somebody else. I later found out that the manager had discriminated against me because I had a bankruptcy on my background check. Why would somebody do that to an applicant after clearly stating that they were advancing to the next step in the hiring process and were scheduling a second interview that involved speaking with the president of the company? I definitely do not recommend working for IST Management unless you enjoy being lied to and discriminated for something that was beyond your control.
Office Service Manager
Office Services Manager (P/T) (Current Employee), Dairen CTAugust 21, 2014

Mail Collection and Distribution.

Shipping and receiving from both USPS and FedEx.

Prepare invoices for payment using Excel.

Kitchen, paper and Toner inventory management.

Conference rooms setup and break down.

Printer and copier maintenance.

•Stocking, cleaning and general maintenance.
Productive Workdays
Professional Site Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, job security level is high
Cons: benefits, pay, advancing w/good pay
This is a good company, need more benefits and better pay for the amount of work.
Poor management and full of LIES
Manager (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benefits, treated badly and low wage
This company is known to tell you great things before you are hired. Once you are hired, IST and the company that they work for will treat you like garbage. IST nevers takes up for their staff and will throw you away and replace you in a minute. IST never thoroughly train new employees but expects you to be knowledgeable of any and all procedures. The company does not offer benefits despite their advertisements. IST is also known to have a high turnover rate because no one is happy.
This is a very high demand law firm and i'm always busy i'm very good with speed.
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland,ohio 44114July 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches and if you work saturday you get a day off in the week
Cons: health care and being under paid.
My job is a very fast pace place which i enjoy alot i love being busy and this job allows thats. the things i dont like about this job is that we our over worked and very under paid . The health care plans our too expensive and we have to use pto time for holidays when we should get paid for them.
job duties
Receptionist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2014
answering incoming as well as placing ougoing calls
sending/recieving faxes
sorting incoming mail
distributing packages
clercal/administrative duties
Productive fun place to work.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Houston TexasApril 29, 2014
Loyal people and was always a joy to come to work even if they called you in and you was off.
A company that needs to grow in so many ways.
Site Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: no upper management on hand.
Cons: lack of support;
Not a strong company in any means. A lot of problems with management and treating the employees right.

Stressful; No support;
Average Work Place
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2013
IST was not a company I enjoyed working for but I learned a lot. I wish them all the best.
Great oppurtunity to work out your customer service skills and meet great people.
Service Representative (Receptionist) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, working around an area surrounded by resturants, and working close to transportation.
Cons: rude people that call sometimes.
Working within a lawfirm as a receptionist i start multi-tasking ince i take a seat in my chair. I log onto my computer, update the vistor's list (while my comptuer is still loading). Update mail volume binder with the current date, postage amount on the postage machine. Clock-in, open up outlook, our database with the cases we handle and my documents folder. Walk to the break-room, Unload dishes from dishwasher, coffee brewing (regular & decaf). Walk back to my desk and greet Attorney's and Paralegals as they arrive, answer phone calls as they come. Handle Fed Ex, UPS, messangers (every now and then), U.S Mail as well. Creat Fed Ex packages. Scan in mail for specific attorney's and paralegals. Greet guest as they come in for appointments for interviews or legal matter.