It's Just Lunch Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible ethical values
Dating Specialist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 18, 2016
Sold a service that we could not provide to clients, all they cared about was money. Did not treat their employees with respect or appreciation for all of our hard work. I learned so much from this company and acquired great sales skills from the experience, that is the only positive thing I can say
Pros
work from home
Cons
false promises to clients
Needs improvement
Director of sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great Clients, bad management. There need to be more room for growth. Incentives, healthcare, and higher energy would help this company.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Helathcare
A great place to earn a living and have at the same time
Sales and Dating specialist (Former Employee) –  Hallendale beach Blvd, FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Its just lunch is a great place for people who have busy lives and want to meet quality people like themselves who do not have time to make meeting a match that is appropriate.

Its just Lunch has a great way of helping there employees set there desk up for success. It is scripted sales but with your own personality. you are given a certain amount of leads and you prospect on the phone leaving voice mail and setting up appointment for 45 minute interview about the one who will be a member. There are many ways the script teaches you to get the sale and there is everything in it from the take away to having what they need. you are armed with rebuttals and I was always on the board as a top sales person that always made there goal. IJL was and is a great place to work .
Pros
interaview all type of proffesinals, getting to make people happy
Cons
having to sign up people and taking $2500, from them and then never being allowed to talk to the member again .
its okay
Membership Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  new yorkOctober 22, 2014
very high turnover but you can make $ and peers are nice and flexible schedule
Was Hired in June 2014
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
I was hired by It's Just Lunch in June 2014.
My experience has been pretty good.
We spent our first week in training learning everything about the company. The training is in-depth.
I was one that always volunteered to role-play and spent each night studying for the next day.
Some of the people in training did not try as hard as me and it starts to show when you come out of training.
When I came out of training I got on the phones immediately and started to make my calls. I was really nervous when I started and realized I was tripping over my words. I went back through my notes from training and spoke to manager and got quickly on track.
At the beginning we called upon the older leads and I am glad we did. It gave me good practice.
During my first week on the phones I made 1 sale to a 6 year old lead...I was so happy. As soon as I made my first sale they started to give me the newer leads. We even got hot leads calling into us from the advertising the company does.

I am now in my 3rd month with the company and I love what I do. I am averaging 4 memberships per week and the commissions are great.

Some of the reviews I have read from other people talk about how this is a hard job...I do not understand that. I am a 44 year old man that knows you have to work hard to make money. This is a sales position. My recruiter told me that the harder you work the more you make. The people that say negative things about them do not try. You have to make the calls to make the sales. This is a sales position not customer service.
Pros
the training is amazing...the benefits are great...you get to work from home
Cons
if you do not give 100% during training you are going to struggle coming out
Positive Environment
Dating Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 12, 2014
Great training provided by team. Always upbeat and positive
Horrible if you are a client
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 14, 2014
Average calls a day 100 plus.
Leads - can be up 10 years old.
Client satisfaction - very unhappy
Overall- after they collect the clients money. Who cares how the clients feel about their dates.
Customer Service - Horrible
Pros
nothing
Cons
buyer be awar
Fun place to work and make no money!
DIRECTOR/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hallandale BeachMarch 13, 2014
There is a constant revolving door. Training classes every 2 weeks to replace seats. 12 hours of work for 2 people are given to one person to accomplish in 8 hours. CAPPED- Commission and bonus structures earn you a max of $400 a month in addition to your tiny salary. Great Health/Dental at low cost for individual. Family plans are out of the question. Management for Customer Service is professional and motivating but there is no trust from the agents. VP is cut throat and would not hesitate to replace you if you do not see things her way. VP of HR is a position where they could use improvement. No pulse with the agents or the workforce. Seemingly just "a puppet" to the VP. The employees are the best quality of this company. They really do have a good group there unfortunately half of them are probably already gone.
Pros
clients and coworkers
Cons
management
An HONEST review!
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  AtlantaFebruary 10, 2014
Overall my experience was okay. The on-boarding and training process is demanding and a bit overwhelming; they are looking for upbeat, super perky, high energy individuals. Training is also a test so take it seriously if you want the job (some were cut after training). For those who make it through training you have two weeks to make you're first sale or you will be let go. I did very well my first couple of weeks, and can vouch that there are many dating specialist making well over 70k/ year. I left because I was offered a position that aligned better with my background and passion. The one major thing that was a little concern for me is that I personally didn't believe that the service has lived up to the expectations that most clients have/had. There were many complaints and as a dating specialist you really do not work with matching clients; you are just responsible for getting the credit card and the join, so do not get too attached. But I do not believe in their method for matching (age, race, location, and sex; for the most part are all that they look at initially). For what these customers pay which can range from 2300-3000 for 5-10 dates; I believe that a better one on one service could be provided. I would actually have felt better with not having as high of commissions if the services offered to clients were all that we were saying it was. There will inevitably be some success stories and matches, but I felt that I was walking a thin line between ethical and unethical. Personally no amount of money can convince me to be okay with constantly questioning if I did the  more... right thing by taking 2400 from a sweet, overweight grad student working to put herself through school; with only 2 guys in the entire database that even live anywhere near her area (Just one of many questionable sales). I was a great sales person and I did great, but I didn't feel great about what I was doing. This is a large Corp. so they will make sure that they dot their I's and cross their T's they have language and contracts to protect them; however, you are very clear that these are vulnerable lovesick individuals; so use your inner voice and make your own judgement. But with all that said, Yes you can make money.  less
Pros
work from home, some schedule flexibility, high commission potential, constant sales training and boost meetings, minimal supervision (depending on supervisor), base pay (very low but better then nothing), benefits package
Cons
to be successful you will need to work more than the allowed 40hrs per week, uses lots of sales strategy & scripts, expensive service, bulk of leads are over 5 years old, one note way of thinking (mgt. style), everyone is expected to be the "valley girl" personality, questionable matching practices
Love the job
receptionist and as an administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Went out of business, everybody got laid off without any sort of preparation or knowledge. Loved the job though, its too bad.
Pros
loved my co-workers and clients
Cons
owner
low stress work environment
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Fun environment with great employees. Able to get work done with no manager on site.
Pros
no managers
Cons
no vacation, or sick leave until 1 year of empployment, expensive healthcare, low pay
Productive work environment and plenty of room for grown with very positive co-workers.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxNovember 18, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of following my schedule and completing my daily tasks.

I learned positivity in sales, customer relations, how to properly handle stressful situations and make them into positives, completing large tasks in short time frames, and expanded my knowledge in coordinating and admin. assisting.

Management was great here and very helpful. Always helping out other employees and working as a team to create happy clients and happy employees.

All of my co-workers are a phenomenal team to be a part of. Always working for our goals and working together.

There aren't many complicated parts to this job. If anything comes up it's something small and easily handled.

The most enjoyable part is the benefit of making customers happy and how much corporate and management recognize and appreciate success. Also, what a motivating company that It's Just Lunch is.
A joke
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 15, 2013
I was there for one month exactly--seems that is how they test you out. You are working old leads, until you sell one, which is next to impossible. We had 15 people in training, and only 5 are left. They do training every month. The recruiter in Orlando works for the company and lies to you to get you in. Seems like you can make money here--but like the service, it is only the lucky ones that succeed. Bad, bad reviews by disgruntled clients. Women 55+ only get min 5 dates--think the concept is good, but the company has just gone downhill in the last decade. Everyone has the same singsong voice. And when you ask management if you will be let go, they lie and say you are fabulous. Relieved it didnt work out. Felt that it was a sham to sell.
Pros
work at home
Cons
not exactly being honest, taking $2800 from people for a service that just isnt that good
Worst Management Ever
Sales (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 6, 2013
I was terminated after only one week of at home training, consisting of role plays and watching web inward for gods sake. Did not give any excuse. I quit my last job thinking it was a better opportunity at this company and I felt they just spit in my face. It shows a lot about this company and I'm glad I was let go because I would have quit anyway!!!!!
Cons
need better management
I have the Best Job Ever at It's Just Lunch!!!
Dating Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FloridaApril 13, 2013
I have been with It's Just Lunch for almost three years now. I work in the South Florida office. It is an honor and a privilege to work for It's Just Lunch. Each day I have the opportunity to change people's lives. The success stories are endless. I am so fortunate to hear people's stories, introduce them to like minded professionals, and work with clients that are making finding that special someone their priority. Not only do I adore my colleagues, but have so much respect for management. They care for their employees, are always available, take feedback into consideration, and are an inspiration. This job has changed my life. I go into my office each day excited, focused, and can't wait to start my day. It is such a great feeling to know this is what I want to do each day and this is what I get to do. I love my career. I will be here for as long as they will keep me. I wish all of you much love, success, and excitement in your journey. May you be as thrilled as I am. I have definitely found my home here.
Pros
benefits, management support, schedule adjustment, fun, interesting, changing people's lives
Cons
the hours go by too fast!! there are no cons. it's just lunch is the best.
Interesting
Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 5, 2012
The company itself has an interesting dynamic. You are dealing with something that most people struggle with, and are typically not comfortable talking about or admitting they struggle with.

The management is extremely supportive.
Pros
incentives
Cons
long days on the phone

Comment – January 15, 2013

I was a Membership Consultant in my area for 2 years. I only quit doing it because I ended up with a new full time job and I didn't have time anymore. The people commenting on here worked at the actual offices. I was an independent contractor and the job is fun!

A Noisy Chaotic Dysfunctional Working Environment.
Dating Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxNovember 6, 2012
The best part of working at I.J.L. is explaining to others that you work in "matchmaking."
The worst part(s) are explaining that you do "IJL matchmaking" not actual "matchmaking" and experiencing the typical work day each and every day.

A typical day at work is loud, chaotic, and dysfunctional to say the least. IJL encourages yelling into the phone at clients, disorder, headaches, and chaos. You will be overworked, under valued, emotionally and verbally abused by not just the dissatisfied clients but more so by management themselves. This is an organization that does NOT value the coordinators whatsoever, you will be treated like garbage, the one who has been there 10+ years will be worshipped, and you may notice this sooner than later if the distraction of the noise, chaos, and dysfunction does not interfere.

However, you will learn manipulation from the best of them. Telling lies (being positive) IS the IJL way!
Management needs to learn professionalism and how to treat employees and clients.
Selected clients and co-workers will be the only enjoyable part of the job.

The hardest part of the job other than working there daily, is having to justify working there. You're better off flipping burgers! and better compensated, and better treated as well.
Pros
your co-workers
Cons
overworked and underpaid, no paid vacation, no healthcare, no benefits, being micromanaged by a set of not so intelligent individuals.
Focus on sales to bring in revenue for the office.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2012
Call over 80 people
Sell at least one membership everyday
Matching sessions

Management is in Chicago and they micromanage the office, play the people in our office against each other. Management is no motivation, yelled at and beaten down everyday. You are of no value in their eyes.
Pros
hours
Cons
salary, bonus plan, management.
Drama is the norm
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2012
Working at this company was difficult at best. Over promising and under-performing for the clients was typical. Franchise owner was erratic and unstable.
Great company.
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLNovember 19, 2011
Great company to work for. The training is stellar, the marketing is well thought out and effective and it is run by seasoned executives and professionals who are intent on top dollar.
Pros
real money to be made here, not so much micro-management either.
Cons
if you take on an international territory, confirm your commission schedule, and any regional exceptions in writing.

2.9