It's Just Lunch Employee Reviews

Horrible! Avoid this scam place
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2017
They start you out at minimum wage of 8.50 an hr for training and until you make a sale.... Then they will bump you to 16.87 + commission. Yet, they forget to tell you that their membership costs 2800-4500 per member. You will have to call thru old leads while the manager gets all the new web leads and makes 2 sales a week? It's completely discouraging to any right minded person. If you want to call over 200 plus calls a day and get ahold of nobody because the leads are just that old, then this is the job for you. Do not think or trust the recruiter who is fabulous at sugar coating this company. I ran right when I started to realize that something was very off. They literally have no normal sales people just new hires and managers. Just run away and go to the next job ad people.
Pros
Cons
managers are the real and only sales people
Poorly Managed
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
Terrible company! The hours were ridiculous and management would degrade you. The management was not encouraging or respectful. I would not recommend this company.
Dream Job and wonderful team of employees
Branch/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
What kind of job can you wake up and get excited to go to every day? This one! I've been in the dating industry over 20 years and have nothing to good things to say about this company. The great thing about this job is not only do we work with such an amazing team of employees all over the country, we are literally changing people's lives. It's so good to know that the calls I have made has turned into so many happy relationships and marriages. I'm so happy to have a great work/life balance, wonderful team, and the opportunity to be rewarded based on your merits. If you are money motivated, driven, good communicator, and really are looking for a fun job making amazing money then this is the job for you. Our whole management team here is always here to support our team members and I strive to motivate and help drive each of them to success.
Pros
Tons of support and encouragement, commission structure is set up for performers to be rewarded, and excitment knowing that you are helping singles.
Cons
Can't think of a cons. I love my job!
IJL is a great company to work for and I found MY forever job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I started with the company in November 2015 and in April 2016, I became branch manager. As a selling manager I lead by example and my team appreciates that and learns from me each and every day. I love what I do all day every day!!! I wouldn't have it any other way! IJL is such a great place to work, I truly love what I do and am lucky to be here!
Pros
Great work/life balance, supportive and awesome work environment!
Cons
NONE.
Official response from It's Just Lunch
February 9, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with It's Just Lunch - we're so lucky to have such amazing managers!

I found my forever job!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hallandale, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I have been working for IJL for several years and I can honestly say I found my forever job. The culture, IJL team, managers, and clients make this place such a fun place to work. Finding our clients their special someone is the most rewarding part of my job. I am so lucky to be apart of this team!!
Pros
fun environment, great support and training
Cons
Dating is still dating and can be emotional
Official response from It's Just Lunch
February 9, 2017

And our clients are so lucky to have you! Thank you for sharing!

Fun place to work
DATING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 1, 2016
It is a very independent position. You must be highly self motivated and driven. Lacks company values, but provides a great service to it's demographic.
dead end
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  used to be from homeOctober 7, 2016
Was a great company not so great now with all their reorganizing. No value on loyalty. Over 100 calls per day with maybe 3 people answering and feeling harassed by It's Just Lunch.
Private Search Dating Director (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJune 22, 2016
Very fullfilling job. A bit deceptive to the clients, but an overall great experience as an employee. Fun, and family like environment.
Dishonest
Sales Professional/Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  801 Hallandale Blvd, Hallandale FL 33009June 19, 2016
Takes advantage of people's emotions in wanting to find love and do not provide the services promised. Also dishonest in their dealings with their employees.
Pros
Working with busy professionals and building relationships.
Cons
You have to work overtime that you're not paid for to make the kind of money you need to.
Terrible ethical values
Dating Specialist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 18, 2016
Sold a service that we could not provide to clients, all they cared about was money. Did not treat their employees with respect or appreciation for all of our hard work. I learned so much from this company and acquired great sales skills from the experience, that is the only positive thing I can say
Pros
work from home
Cons
false promises to clients
Fun environment with great people
Administrative, Sales, Customer Service/Relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2015
This is a great place to work, but there is not a whole lot of room to work your way up or expand. There were no benefits either, which was not great.
Needs improvement
Director of sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great Clients, bad management. There need to be more room for growth. Incentives, healthcare, and higher energy would help this company.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Helathcare
A great place to earn a living and have at the same time
Sales and Dating specialist (Former Employee) –  Hallendale beach Blvd, FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Its just lunch is a great place for people who have busy lives and want to meet quality people like themselves who do not have time to make meeting a match that is appropriate.

Its just Lunch has a great way of helping there employees set there desk up for success. It is scripted sales but with your own personality. you are given a certain amount of leads and you prospect on the phone leaving voice mail and setting up appointment for 45 minute interview about the one who will be a member. There are many ways the script teaches you to get the sale and there is everything in it from the take away to having what they need. you are armed with rebuttals and I was always on the board as a top sales person that always made there goal. IJL was and is a great place to work .
Pros
interaview all type of proffesinals, Getting to make people happy
Cons
Having to sign up people and taking $2500, from them and then never being allowed to talk to the member again .
its okay
Membership Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  new yorkOctober 22, 2014
very high turnover but you can make $ and peers are nice and flexible schedule
Was Hired in June 2014
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
I was hired by It's Just Lunch in June 2014.
My experience has been pretty good.
We spent our first week in training learning everything about the company. The training is in-depth.
I was one that always volunteered to role-play and spent each night studying for the next day.
Some of the people in training did not try as hard as me and it starts to show when you come out of training.
When I came out of training I got on the phones immediately and started to make my calls. I was really nervous when I started and realized I was tripping over my words. I went back through my notes from training and spoke to manager and got quickly on track.
At the beginning we called upon the older leads and I am glad we did. It gave me good practice.
During my first week on the phones I made 1 sale to a 6 year old lead...I was so happy. As soon as I made my first sale they started to give me the newer leads. We even got hot leads calling into us from the advertising the company does.

I am now in my 3rd month with the company and I love what I do. I am averaging 4 memberships per week and the commissions are great.

Some of the reviews I have read from other people talk about how this is a hard job...I do not understand that. I am a 44 year old man that knows you have to work hard to make money. This is a sales position. My recruiter told me that the harder you work the more you make. The people that say negative things about them do not try. You have to make the calls to make the sales. This is a sales position not customer service.
Pros
The training is amazing...the benefits are great...you get to work from home
Cons
If you do not give 100% during training you are going to struggle coming out
Positive Environment
Dating Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 12, 2014
Great training provided by team. Always upbeat and positive
Horrible if you are a client
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 14, 2014
Average calls a day 100 plus.
Leads - can be up 10 years old.
Client satisfaction - very unhappy
Overall- after they collect the clients money. Who cares how the clients feel about their dates.
Customer Service - Horrible
Pros
Cons
Buyer be awar
Fun place to work and make no money!
DIRECTOR/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hallandale BeachMarch 13, 2014
There is a constant revolving door. Training classes every 2 weeks to replace seats. 12 hours of work for 2 people are given to one person to accomplish in 8 hours. CAPPED- Commission and bonus structures earn you a max of $400 a month in addition to your tiny salary. Great Health/Dental at low cost for individual. Family plans are out of the question. Management for Customer Service is professional and motivating but there is no trust from the agents. VP is cut throat and would not hesitate to replace you if you do not see things her way. VP of HR is a position where they could use improvement. No pulse with the agents or the workforce. Seemingly just "a puppet" to the VP. The employees are the best quality of this company. They really do have a good group there unfortunately half of them are probably already gone.
Pros
Clients and coworkers
An HONEST review!
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  AtlantaFebruary 10, 2014
Overall my experience was okay. The on-boarding and training process is demanding and a bit overwhelming; they are looking for upbeat, super perky, high energy individuals. Training is also a test so take it seriously if you want the job (some were cut after training). For those who make it through training you have two weeks to make you're first sale or you will be let go. I did very well my first couple of weeks, and can vouch that there are many dating specialist making well over 70k/ year. I left because I was offered a position that aligned better with my background and passion. The one major thing that was a little concern for me is that I personally didn't believe that the service has lived up to the expectations that most clients have/had. There were many complaints and as a dating specialist you really do not work with matching clients; you are just responsible for getting the credit card and the join, so do not get too attached. But I do not believe in their method for matching (age, race, location, and sex; for the most part are all that they look at initially). For what these customers pay which can range from 2300-3000 for 5-10 dates; I believe that a better one on one service could be provided. I would actually have felt better with not having as high of commissions if the services offered to clients were all that we were saying it was. There will inevitably be some success stories and matches, but I felt that I was walking a thin line between ethical and unethical. Personally no amount of money can convince me to be okay with constantly questioning if I did the  more... right thing by taking 2400 from a sweet, overweight grad student working to put herself through school; with only 2 guys in the entire database that even live anywhere near her area (Just one of many questionable sales). I was a great sales person and I did great, but I didn't feel great about what I was doing. This is a large Corp. so they will make sure that they dot their I's and cross their T's they have language and contracts to protect them; however, you are very clear that these are vulnerable lovesick individuals; so use your inner voice and make your own judgement. But with all that said, Yes you can make money.  less
Pros
Work From Home, Some Schedule Flexibility, High Commission Potential, Constant Sales Training and Boost Meetings, Minimal Supervision (Depending on Supervisor), Base Pay (Very Low but better then nothing), Benefits Package
Cons
To be successful you will need to work more than the allowed 40hrs per week, Uses lots of sales strategy & scripts, Expensive Service, Bulk of Leads are over 5 years old, one note way of thinking (mgt. style), Everyone is expected to be the "valley girl" personality, questionable matching practices
Love the job
receptionist and as an administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Went out of business, everybody got laid off without any sort of preparation or knowledge. Loved the job though, its too bad.
Pros
loved my co-workers and clients
Cons
Owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at It's Just Lunch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9