Italian Restaurant

Italian Restaurant United States Employee Reviews

fun place low pay
Kitchen manager (Current Employee), miami beachSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
low paying but nice people

9-5pm
12-9pm
3-1:30 am shifts

labor/food cost education

great people

pay is hard part

customers and scratch kitchen are most enjoyable
Enjoyable serving environment
Server (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHJanuary 15, 2014
First Serving job and it has been hard work but enjoyable.
Rewarding tips
Pleasant customers
Very productive and romantic place
Sous Chef, Casanova (Former Employee), George TownNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: health care, penssion
Working from morning till night in a very busy restaurant.
I have learned Italian language.
Good management.
Fun- loving co-workers.
The hardest part was singing for birthdays, papara-papara....
The most enjoyable part was listening the Italian music.
Food service with managerial experience
Customer Service/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2013
Pros: quick advancement
Cons: physical labor/low wages
Since, 1991, I began my experience into the world of work. From 1991 until 1997, I worked for several restaurants as listed below. Most of the jobs had the same responsibilities, for the most part.
A typical day at work meant that I was responsible for the preparation of the foods. Chopping, slicing vegetables cheeses and meats. Creating doughs and sauces for pizza. Setting the food stations with the ingredients needed. Making reports for opening procedures. Counting the money and even making a bank deposit of the previous nights sales. Ensuring the restaurant was ready to operate before turning the open sign on.

The challenge was to ensure smooth operations were maintained regardless of staffing issues. There were times that we were understaffed and very busy. I also had to resolve quality control issues and be sure to account for the money and the assets of the business as an assistant manger. I became an assistant manger at Terina's, Tropicana, Milano's and Round-table pizzerias. At all the other places I learned to make the food, serve it and account for the money.

I enjoyed the variety ensured within the food industry. I learned to quickly adapt and work efficiently in a fast paced environment. Usually the management noticed my capabilities and often I became their assistant.
Satisfactory
Saute Chef (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 9, 2012
Pros: close to home, reputation, small company.
Cons: schedule, professionalism suffers.
With a few changes can be a great place. Prepping raw food ingredients for sauces or salads. Preportioning and cooking entrees by following italian recipes. I like to cook but I am planning to return to residential construction or mechanical engineering. I do not have much in common with my coworkers but we are friendly.
Energetic and Fast Paced
Hostess (Current Employee), Avon, INSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: working with my co workers
Cons: new management, no room for advancement
I work in a fast paced environment in which I work closely with guests to accomodate their needs.
DISORGANIZER owner,not trusworthy,
Director of operations (Former Employee), Cape Coral,FT.Myers,Naples FLMay 23, 2012
Cons: weak ownership
dealing with contractors,food vendors,liquor vendors,training young inexperiance staff,kitchen is ready to go,specials,stock,..i learned the owner was dishonest,...co-workers were good,(some of them) some had no clue,dealing with the owner who was absent all the time,...opening a brand new resturant from the ground floor
Italian Restaurant
Executive Chef (Former Employee), West HollywoodFebruary 27, 2012
As an Italian Professional Iternational Executive Chef they only things I have to say is easy for me to manage an Italian Kitchen, but many owners operators, you never know how they can turn in you around!
exceptional environment
chef/assistant (Former Employee), quad cititesFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: exciting to go everyday
Cons: closed to soon
great feedback, reviews and quality leadership
full menu