Italian Restaurant

Italian Restaurant Employer Reviews

fun place low pay
Kitchen manager (Current Employee), miami beachSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
low paying but nice people

9-5pm
12-9pm
3-1:30 am shifts

labor/food cost education

great people

pay is hard part

customers and scratch kitchen are most enjoyable
Enjoyable serving environment
Server (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHJanuary 15, 2014
First Serving job and it has been hard work but enjoyable.
Rewarding tips
Pleasant customers
Very productive and romantic place
Sous Chef, Casanova (Former Employee), George TownNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: health care, penssion
Working from morning till night in a very busy restaurant.
I have learned Italian language.
Good management.
Fun- loving co-workers.
The hardest part was singing for birthdays, papara-papara....
The most enjoyable part was listening the Italian music.
Food service with managerial experience
Customer Service/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2013
Pros: quick advancement
Cons: physical labor/low wages
Since, 1991, I began my experience into the world of work. From 1991 until 1997, I worked for several restaurants as listed below. Most of the jobs had the same responsibilities, for the most part.
A typical day at work meant that I was responsible for the preparation of the foods. Chopping, slicing vegetables cheeses and meats. Creating doughs and – more... sauces for pizza. Setting the food stations with the ingredients needed. Making reports for opening procedures. Counting the money and even making a bank deposit of the previous nights sales. Ensuring the restaurant was ready to operate before turning the open sign on.

The challenge was to ensure smooth operations were maintained regardless of staffing issues. There were times that we were understaffed and very busy. I also had to resolve quality control issues and be sure to account for the money and the assets of the business as an assistant manger. I became an assistant manger at Terina's, Tropicana, Milano's and Round-table pizzerias. At all the other places I learned to make the food, serve it and account for the money.

I enjoyed the variety ensured within the food industry. I learned to quickly adapt and work efficiently in a fast paced environment. Usually the management noticed my capabilities and often I became their assistant. – less
Satisfactory
Saute Chef (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 9, 2012
Pros: close to home, reputation, small company.
Cons: schedule, professionalism suffers.
With a few changes can be a great place. Prepping raw food ingredients for sauces or salads. Preportioning and cooking entrees by following italian recipes. I like to cook but I am planning to return to residential construction or mechanical engineering. I do not have much in common with my coworkers but we are friendly.
Energetic and Fast Paced
Hostess (Current Employee), Avon, INSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: working with my co workers
Cons: new management, no room for advancement
I work in a fast paced environment in which I work closely with guests to accomodate their needs.
DISORGANIZER owner,not trusworthy,
Director of operations (Former Employee), Cape Coral,FT.Myers,Naples FLMay 23, 2012
Cons: weak ownership
dealing with contractors,food vendors,liquor vendors,training young inexperiance staff,kitchen is ready to go,specials,stock,..i learned the owner was dishonest,...co-workers were good,(some of them) some had no clue,dealing with the owner who was absent all the time,...opening a brand new resturant from the ground floor
Italian Restaurant
Executive Chef (Former Employee), West HollywoodFebruary 27, 2012
As an Italian Professional Iternational Executive Chef they only things I have to say is easy for me to manage an Italian Kitchen, but many owners operators, you never know how they can turn in you around!
exceptional environment
chef/assistant (Former Employee), quad cititesFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: exciting to go everyday
Cons: closed to soon
great feedback, reviews and quality leadership
full menu
good training
fun
Waiter (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
i am very happy to work to his company everybody has a good personality especially my maneger and boss.
also they give a good salary.
highly motivated
Cleaner (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
good staff to work with and quick service and such things ive learned there
Educatif
Cook Chef, Casual (Former Employee), Melbourne south eastAugust 27, 2014
Pros: cold drinks offered by the employer
Cons: unwanted canceled work hours
Frying a ton of calamari
Working in a small kitchen
Communicate with others
Not having my own car when going back home
Having my first job in Australia
team work
Captain (Former Employee), dubaiJuly 27, 2014
Pros: duty meal
Cons: 9 hours
In this company we work as team work so we can done 1 golden goal.i am doing any shift because we are open morning 11 am to 24 am i learned always be cram help colleagues and our customer.my management help me learn how to do the customer care service. my friend also help me when i need help and i did so also.In my career i didn't feeling hardest part – more... because from that part i learned some new thing i took that part is learning part the most enjoyable part of my job is 1 team 1 goal – less
love kitchen
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress in Qchnia13 (Former Employee), PolandJuly 14, 2014
Castomer service skills:
- head waitress duties
– supervises and co-ordinates.
This includes all members of the serving staff, as weel as any procedures and processess that are necessary to provide fast and courteoues service.
- ability to work in a group, creativity, doping with pressure, team mentality,
- excellent memory and listening skills,
- experienced – more... in Italian cuisine, beer and wine knowledge,
- processing paymentsviacredit card,
- plans details for banquets and receptions, – less
productive and fun environment
waiter (Former Employee), dublinJune 28, 2014
learned to make different type of coffe drinks, and serve food,
very relevant of taking guest needs in terms of foods
Trainee/OJT (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07June 5, 2014
taking up orders of the guest, Ive learned that its not easy to stand 7-8 hours during my training in a restaurant but i believe that it could help me in the near future and grow me as an individual and also my personality, my co-workers are very easy to work with them its because they are helping me if I'm not so familiar of the stuff like food or – more... utensils, the hardest part is some of the guest are hard to handle just like in a different moods sometimes a bit angry not in a good mood but I know at the end I am flexible enough to handle in a different situation, the most enjoyable part of the job is when i accomplish my duty and task and they are fully satisfied about my work appreciate by the co-workers and the manager simple but its memory treasured and i will keep it because i do believe that experience is the best learning in life. – less
Fine italian dining place
I work as a waitress (Current Employee), BromsgroveJune 4, 2014
Pros: free meal on duty, tips, contact with people
Cons: long breaks between work during the day, work every evening till closing
My typical work day starts at 11am and I work till 2pm, then I have break till 6pm and I finish my work when last customer will leave, it is usually around 11pm or later.

I learned how to deal with customer, resolve their problems and needs.I learned as well how to give the best service.I am responsible for answering the phone as well.

My manager – more... is fine, she got promotion after one year for working there. My co-workers are changing really often.

The hardest part are the hours, every week I have different schedule which is flexible and depends on how many customers we have.

The most enjoyable part of the job is serving people and having contact with them. – less
modern look traditional menu
pizza chef (Former Employee), Homebush, NSWApril 22, 2014
i would start with rolling the dought prepared the night before into ball so they can raise and be ready to be stretch than iwould make all the prep. needed for the shift and the next shift at serving time i will be making the pizzas and cooking them in the woodfire oven,in very busy day like weekends or holyday iwould have more worker to direct and – more... supervise.
i realy enjoy a sodisfite customer and i always look for improvement – less
Make italian food
kitchen hand & serving food (Former Employee), KoreaApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours
Serving food
Kitchen hand(washing dish etc..)
cleanig floor