Ithaca College

Ithaca College Employer Reviews

Satisfying Job
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJune 5, 2014
Provides people with the ability to be more involved with the school and have a positive impact on incoming and present students
Great Employers!
Teaching Assistant - Web Development (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMay 14, 2014
Had a valuable experience taking an active role in my peers' education!
Top Notch College and Department.
Lecturer/Adjunct Professor - Sociology (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYApril 3, 2014
It is an honor and privledge to teach at this prestigous college.
Productive and safe work environment
Teachers Assistant Ithaca College (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYMarch 24, 2014
My duties as a TA consisted of grading papers, creating excel documents, running review sessions and providing extra credit. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a professor who I got along with very well, and had many classes with so I knew his teaching style.
Everyone was very welcoming
HVA/C Technician (1 Month Internship) (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYFebruary 28, 2014
It was fast paced work and everyone was willing to help one another. Management was more than willing to talk to you any time you had a question and would provide an answer as fast as possible.
Learning environment
Assistant to the President (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYJanuary 24, 2014
There is no typical day in the President's office - ever changing sometimes at the last minute. Primary responsibility is calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting set up internal and external, credit card reconciliation, prepare expense report, work with the office budget and miscellaneous other duties.

The people are great to work with, some – more... of the management can be a bit off putting at times.

It's been an excellent learning experience as I had never worked in higher education prior to this position. – less
cashier
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYDecember 9, 2013
was cashier,salad bar attendant.dish cleaner.enjoyed working with students poor pay raises working hours never the same,went from morning to night never consistant
Personal Trainer & Facility Monitor
Personal Trainer (ACSM) (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: social atmosphere
On an average day, I would walk into my training sessions extremely excited because I had built much rapport and personal connections to my clients. One thing that I did the most was an exchange of information; everyday my goal was to provide some type of beneficial health knowledge in which my clients can use. My clients become grateful that I share – more... with them the knowledge that I learned. The working environment was awesome; I have met some of the best personalities that compliment the fitness and work atmosphere; the other works and trainers there were students of the fitness; all we talked about were different exercising techniques and physiology behind most physical mechanisms in how the body functioned. There was not any hard part of the day. If anything I would say waking up for 7AM clients but I did not mind because I was already at the gym at 6:30AM for my own personal fitness goals. The most enjoyable moments are the interactions with every single person in the gym. – less
Student Employement
Dean's Office Student Worker (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYAugust 12, 2013
A way to offset the economic costs associated with being a student. I was able to customize my work schedule around my classes.
Excellent Place to Start
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJune 17, 2013
Excellent place to start, but wish I was given more opportunities. In hindsight, I would have created those opportunities for myself now that I know it was so difficult.
Being a Teaching Assistant at the Ithaca College Computer Science Department
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: the best way to sharpen your skills in a given language / ide
Cons: you can only do it while in college, and for minimum wage
Being a TA for the Ithaca College Computer Science Department is a lot of fun - I get to sit in on classes that I've already taken (typically the more challenging classes in the core curriculum) and help students currently taking the class understand and apply the fundamental ideas of computer science. While I occasionally have to check off students' – more... homework assignments, the most rewarding part of my job as a TA is helping them understand how a language / IDE works and why exactly their solution did not perform as expected. Explaining why a snippet of code doesn't work in a particular context isn't necessarily straightforward; it takes excellent communications skills and a willingness to understand a student's point of view. That said, it's tremendously rewarding, and the chance to help students in this way is why I have remained working as a TA, and hope to do so until I graduate. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJanuary 17, 2013
Filing, Ran errands, answered phones, directed staff and faculty to correct buildings, organized school databases
Nice place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYDecember 13, 2012
A typical day consisted of working as a team to get things done.
Productive and friendly
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee), Ithaca CollegeAugust 10, 2012
Pros: flexibile in regards to personal time, great benefits
Cons: haven't found any yet.
There is an ebb and flow at Ithaca College; some days are hectic and other days move at a leisurely place. You are constantly learning something new and always being challenged in a positive way. They listened to my ideas and took me seriously which highlights the culture of the workplace: everyone is treated equally, there is no real sense of elitism. – more... Since it is an educational environment, there is a big emphasis on improving one self through education. They are more than willing--in fact it is encouraged--to support employees who wish to further their education. – less
working there was a blast
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMarch 19, 2012
Working in a dining hall was quite a monotonous job (made bearable only by the fact that good people worked along side me, and came there to eat). They did work around my schedule, which was nice!
Physical Activity, Leisure, and Safety Class Instructor
PALS class instructor (Former Employee), Ithaca CollegeDecember 27, 2011
Pros: worked with undergraduates
Cons: school work and work together
I loved working with the students and coming up creative ideas to keep the students active and motivated. I learned a great deal of the material on my own by researching and receiving some material from talking to others who had taught the classes previously. Overall, I enjoyed teaching students and thought it was a great experience.