Ithaca College Employee Reviews

Great college campus with fun customers to work with.
Retail Dining Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 7, 2016
Really enjoyed my time here. Challenging and rewarding place. Worked at the campus for Sodexo USA, running retail dining services at the campus.
Great department and management team!
Special Programs Residence Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
The college comes from a tradition of a liberal arts/music education history. It has constantly expanded and grown into a mid size institution. My co-workers are very diverse and come from all walks of life. They work hard and keep up with the demands of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was the peaks and troughs of the workloads. It would fluctuate between extremes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to pursue interests and projects that the department would support. Management was very democratically run, as we had our voices heard during meetings on various issues. It was an enjoyable experience and one of the most progressive places to work.
Gained great experience in sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 10, 2016
My job experience here on the Ithaca College campus has been fantastic. I am very fond of my boss as well as my co-workers and found it to be a very enjoyable atmosphere at work. I gained a lot of skills in sales that I feel will help me in whatever job opportunity I receive after Graduating in May.
Wonderful Educational Experience
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 3, 2016
Ithaca College has provided me with the appropriate knowledge and skills to proceed and be successful in my future career endeavors.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
N/A
Phenomenal health department!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 16, 2016
For those pursuing health careers in teaching or public health must experience the encouraging atmosphere at Ithaca from faculty to the students. Such an awesome and evolving experience.
Great learning environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 19, 2015
Being able to work for the organization that is providing me with my degree has been a blast. I have been able to utilize what I learn in my classes in all of the jobs I have had through this organization.
Pros
Free coffee, great staff
Cons
low income
People are great, but overall IT is slow to embrace change
IT Employee (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 13, 2015
Hardest part is trying to get aging, long term employees to embrace or be interested in new technologies. Other than this the people are passionate about the college and town and overall it's a great place to work. Very little room for advancement though.
Greatest College ever!
Italian Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 7, 2015
Great place to go to school and work. Faculty is supportive and approachable and a great way to meet new people and build long lasting friendships.
I loved my job and and the oportunities to serve the people on campus
Master mechanic / locksmith (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 23, 2015
The colleges work environment as a whole was good. I was free to perform my daily work at my own pace. I rarely interacted with my supervisor. The hardest part of my job was being looked down upon by those that would have preferred that I do the minimum. The best part of my job was that I loved all of the aspects of my duties and the constant thanks and praise from those members of the campus community that I served. Everyday was a chance to learn more and get better at what I did. I truly loved doing this job each day.
Pros
Pay was decent. Benefits were very good. "customers" were very appreciative of my efforts.
Cons
Disconnect between management and workers. No representation for the workers.
Satisfaction
Facilities Setup & Events Technician (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 10, 2015
I enjoy working at Ithaca College. The job is very satisfying and I get a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I work very well with others and get along with everybody.
Lifeguard
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  A&E Center PoolNovember 3, 2014
I enjoy lifeguarding and working with other fit, young guards, but my boss is often hard to communicate with. He rarely answers his email and is not usually in his office. I guard twice a week for an hour and a half, and attend monthly in-services to update our guard skills.
Fun environment while monitoring sporting events
Event Manager, Club Sports Program (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 4, 2014
An hour before each sporting event, I would transport equipment from fitness center to sport facility being used. I would set up equipment to ensure proper execution of games and events. I would also monitor interaction between competing teams, officials, and coaches. After the end of each shift, I was responsible for the take down and clean up of the facility followed by reporting the outcome of the event to my boss.
I learned a lot about event management on a smaller scale. The event manager also held a great deal of responsibility since you'd be the sole supervisor of events. I learned organization and communication skills while also being adaptable.
Management was fabulous.
Co-Workers were great and reliable.
Hardest part of the job was managing events during crazy weather conditions, but still wasn't bad.
Most enjoyable part was being able to combine my work ethic with my sport and entertainment passion. Along with having a really great boss.
Pros
Good hours, exciting environment, flexible
Cons
some weather conditions
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 7, 2014
This was the best work environment I have ever worked in. I was encouraged to keep learning by taking informational classes on Excel, Word, etc.. There was such positive feedback that it made me want to go above and beyond.
Satisfying Job
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 5, 2014
Provides people with the ability to be more involved with the school and have a positive impact on incoming and present students
Great Employers!
Teaching Assistant - Web Development (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 14, 2014
Had a valuable experience taking an active role in my peers' education!
Top Notch College and Department.
Lecturer/Adjunct Professor - Sociology (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 3, 2014
It is an honor and privledge to teach at this prestigous college.
Productive and safe work environment
Teachers Assistant Ithaca College (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 24, 2014
My duties as a TA consisted of grading papers, creating excel documents, running review sessions and providing extra credit. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a professor who I got along with very well, and had many classes with so I knew his teaching style.
Everyone was very welcoming
HVA/C Technician (1 Month Internship) (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 28, 2014
It was fast paced work and everyone was willing to help one another. Management was more than willing to talk to you any time you had a question and would provide an answer as fast as possible.
Learning environment
Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 24, 2014
There is no typical day in the President's office - ever changing sometimes at the last minute. Primary responsibility is calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting set up internal and external, credit card reconciliation, prepare expense report, work with the office budget and miscellaneous other duties.

The people are great to work with, some of the management can be a bit off putting at times.

It's been an excellent learning experience as I had never worked in higher education prior to this position.
cashier
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 9, 2013
was cashier,salad bar attendant.dish cleaner.enjoyed working with students poor pay raises working hours never the same,went from morning to night never consistant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ithaca College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3