Ithaca College Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Amazing college
Interim Orientation Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Would highly recommend anyone working here for any department. This was a temporary position when I was there but it was phenomenal, would go back if I could find something!
Great Place to work
Parking Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Ithaca College is a great place to work. I am enjoying working at a small college. Unfortunately there is little room for advancement for me since I am a civilian in a police organization.
My Experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 24, 2017
It was a great place to work with a great work atmosphere. I learned how to multi-task and work under stressful conditions. My co workers were very helpful and showed me methods on how to work faster and organized.
Teaching @ Ithaca College
College Professor (full time) (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 11, 2017
Excellent college with strong faculty & solid students.
College has excellent reputation, I work in the Park School of Communications program which also has a very strong reputation.
Workplace culture: is positive.
Management: from the Dean to my teaching peers are all a fine, helpful group of people.
The hardest part of the job: is staying current with the students & technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job: is watching the students grow & prosper.
Pros
Good peers
Cons
High energy, great talent, deep resouces
Asst. Dir. Union, Activities, & Orientation (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 10, 2017
At Ithaca College, I was able to stretch myself professionally in all directions. I had the opportunity to work with nationally recognized talent, contract negotiations, team development, leadership growth and education. My position was pivital in the success and growth of hundreds of students and leaders. This was a key position in my professional career and a position I will always learn from in my life.
Pros
Free concerts, flexible hours, great training.
Cons
50 plus work weeks, high stress, far from family.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 24, 2017
I was student at Ithaca college. My experience was awful do to home sickness and other factors which leaves my opinion biased. What I can say is that each department is structured to seek that each student is able to reach their full potential.
Faculty and students are great.
Administrative Assistant for Cinema, Photography (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 22, 2017
Enjoyed my job for 20+years. Students and faculty make it enjoyable. Excited for new incoming president. Flexible work hours, great benefits and holidays.
Teaching Assistant is good to make a little extra cash.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 9, 2017
Being a teaching assistant is fun and rewarding and it's a nice way to make some cash on the side. It's a good way to showcase your skills and develop relationships with professors.
Everyday is different
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 8, 2017
Working at the front desk I switch hats several times a day and no day is the same. I deal with a diverse population of students and staff. I am the go to person if someone has a question or issue. The hardest part of my day is when I have an angry person on the phone or in person and no matter how hard I try to help resolve the issue it's not good enough.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Travaux variés
caissière/ cuisine / professeur (Former Employee) –  campusJune 8, 2017
J'ai pu diversifier mes compétences en tant que caissière, aide cuisine, professeur de français... tout en étant étudiante.
Les jobs étaient à temps partiels.
Pros
1 repas gratuit
Events Managment team setting
Events and Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 1, 2017
Overall this was a beneficial experience. The program was run by upperclassman sports media students and was ultimately supervised by the Athletic Director of Ithaca College. During this process we were tasked with organizing community outreach events and planning half time shows for the schools division III Football and Basketball teams.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not enough time to see growth
Fun Experience
Team member, Campus Center and Events Services (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 30, 2017
Learned how to prep and set up on campus events long with the break down. Had the opportunity to gain necessary team building skills with y fellow student workers.
professors worked with you
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 24, 2017
easy way to get your feet wet in the TA world/ teaching world. High caliber professors, and an amazing place for food culture and respectful people. :)
Liberal Arts College
Researcher- Child Burial/Forensic Research (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 31, 2017
-Dedicated professors who care about their students
-Students and professors are willing to protest for equality
-Small class sizes
-Not very a diverse campus community
-Not every department is treated fairly or has equal opportunities to resources
Teaching
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca College, NYFebruary 21, 2017
While I was only in this role for a short period I took away a great deal. I was able to learn how to not only teach effectively but also how to be objective when grading, practices I have been able to apply in my later roles. The hardest part of the job was learning and teaching at the same time.
Hard Labor with Fun People
Facilities Services Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 21, 2017
A situation where the work is hard but the people are fun. It would vary day to day - some days we would be breaking a sweat, while others, we would be going calmly from place to place. The other employees are what make a job like this fun.
Productive and Fun work environment
Production Crew (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 8, 2016
Working at Ithaca College is a great experience. The hours are reasonable, so that students can still get their homework done and the environment is welcoming.
Great college campus with fun customers to work with.
Retail Dining Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 7, 2016
Really enjoyed my time here. Challenging and rewarding place. Worked at the campus for Sodexo USA, running retail dining services at the campus.
Great department and management team!
Special Programs Residence Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
The college comes from a tradition of a liberal arts/music education history. It has constantly expanded and grown into a mid size institution. My co-workers are very diverse and come from all walks of life. They work hard and keep up with the demands of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was the peaks and troughs of the workloads. It would fluctuate between extremes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to pursue interests and projects that the department would support. Management was very democratically run, as we had our voices heard during meetings on various issues. It was an enjoyable experience and one of the most progressive places to work.
Gained great experience in sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 10, 2016
My job experience here on the Ithaca College campus has been fantastic. I am very fond of my boss as well as my co-workers and found it to be a very enjoyable atmosphere at work. I gained a lot of skills in sales that I feel will help me in whatever job opportunity I receive after Graduating in May.