Itron Employee Reviews

good people environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2018
Itron was a great work environment and i enjoyed working there. Everybody worked together. the teamleads was always willing to show me anything i needed to learn in the beginning. i would recommend Itron to anyone.
benefits
Great Place to Get Started in Consulting
Business Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Itron is a great place to get started in consulting work. There are a lot of smart people at Itron always willing to help and share knowledge. Every project team becomes a family, which is important when you are away from home. Best of all, they understand that everyone has a family at home and they come first, so management is understandable when you need to take time to tend to family life, and you are not penalized for it. Overall good work/ life balance.
Pros
Culture, Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Advancement
Industry leader
Global Compensation Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 4, 2018
It is satisfying to work for a company that doesn't accept the status quo but is always stretching the boundaries of what is possible to provide service in what would otherwise be a somewhat stodgy industry.
Fast paced, fast day, easy work
Senior production assembly (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYJanuary 29, 2018
Itron was a good and easy place to work. Very relaxed environment. Wish it had not been closing. I was able to be trained on many machines once my line went down.
Pros
4 day week
Cons
Closing
Productive and fun place to work with opportunity for advancement.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYJanuary 22, 2018
Itron, Owenton was a great place to work. Employees treated each other like family. Management was fair and personable. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement. It is unfortunate that the facility is relocating. I would have retired from there.
N/a
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCJanuary 22, 2018
If you like using your brain and being creative, Itron is not the place for you. The management (at least in my department) is very poor. If you do like standing in one spot as you put screws in meters for eight hours without having to use your brain it's not a bad job, but I would just prefer to work with my head and not my hands.
Pros
decent pay, personal time, nice break rooms
Cons
short breaks, boring, limited advancement
Great pay and benefits
Business Analyst - Treasury Department (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 18, 2018
A typical dat at work is 8 hours. My current manager is very controlling and I feel like I can't do anything right so she will not let me do anything on my own.

The company over-all is a good place to work if you want the "big corporate" experience. Not so good if you like the "family" environment.
Pros
Great pay & benefits
Cons
Company doesn't seem to care as much on an individual basis
Good place, no future
Technician (Current Employee) –  Owenton, KYJanuary 15, 2018
Nice company to work for, good opportunities, good local management; until they relocated production to another facility and plan to close facility by mid year.
Productive place had moments of fun but you knew when to work
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYJanuary 4, 2018
Itron was great, the people that I worked with were awesome, the job was time sensitive so you had to be quick with what you did but at the same time focused on details.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
People
relaxing place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCJanuary 2, 2018
good place to work depending on what shift you are in. you have no life if you are on second shift and the supervisor dose not know any of the assembly
Excellent team atmosphere. Associates wanted to succeed.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owenton, KYDecember 30, 2017
Great place to work. Always a team atmosphere and it was obvious that most associates truly cared about the product and wanted to be successful. Owenton plant management made it clear that the associates matter through incentive programs and extras like cookouts, catered lunches, and award programs. Fast-paced environment.
Wonderful people and work environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 29, 2017
Everyone is always friendly and helpful. Production always important but they give you plenty of time to get up to speed. As long as you show up everyday and work hard you'll do very well with this company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, but stressful environment at Itron
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 27, 2017
Itron has many opportunities for employees to learn, but lacks opportunities for individuals to advance into more challenging roles. The atmosphere is generally calm, but can be chaotic at times, because of issues with departmental communication. This commonly results in reproducing work that has already been completed. Having said that, Itron does provide a challenging atmosphere, which results in a rich learning environment. For the most part, all employees are approachable and helpful should issues arise, or simply to help educate co-workers.
Pros
Work environment, salary, paid vacations
Cons
Job advancement, management
A great place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 22, 2017
Itron was a great place to work with good people to work for. It was a great experience to work there and everyone was so nice and felt like a family.
Great learning experience
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WADecember 21, 2017
Teamwork is great. There is pressure to meet deadlines like all jobs but we were trusted and treated like adults. Our efforts were appreciated. The facilities were great in a great location in Liberty Lake.
Pros
Teamwork, quality of perople, working conditions
Cons
Sometimes short deadlines
Itron is what it is global and disperse
Sr. Software Engineer, Contract (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 21, 2017
A lot of expected knowledge base on how the system works. But no time to learn new and needed things. You need to know what you will be doing on a day to day basis not very generalized. A lot of senior management changes and restructuring. Enjoyed much of what I was able to pick up will help in the future.
Pros
Cubicles
Cons
Not much help coming up to speed
Busy, Good people to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYDecember 14, 2017
Overall good place to work, Fair and comfortable work environment.
worked well with others. Good relations with all management team.
The hardest part was not being with my family on the week ends.
Productive and fun enviroment
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYDecember 11, 2017
On a usual day when I would arrive I would set up my equipment and make sure that I had materials necessary for the order we were working, after talking to my line lead and determining what parts I needed for that day, I would start working on said order until either all racks were filled or until the order was finished. I would then go to meter production line to help where needed.
Legal Department Has Problems
AGC (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WANovember 9, 2017
GC is arrogant and out of touch with the modern work place. Also not terribly skilled. Environment is borderline hostile and the department has experienced massive turn-over since the new GC arrived.
good place to work
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 3, 2017
Itron was a good place to work. Itron had flexible schedules which helped balance family and work life. Would like to have continued working there but other factors changed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
stress