Itron

Itron Employer Reviews

Productive and Professional Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2014
A typical day for me was to first make sure I had my badge for work, because that was the only way to enter the building. Next I would clock myself in then head over to my desk and turn on my computer and phone. Next I would try and eat my breakfast before any incoming calls started to come in because we were not allowed to make any outgoing calls until 8:00am and I had to be there at 7:00am. So after 8:00am I started making outbound calls trying to set up as many Appointments as I could everyday. Besides setting up Appointments I had to deal with some upset customers also everyday and I always handled the call the best I could until it was just to much and what I mean by to much is when a customer starts to use profanity and gets ignorant and not accept the best customer service skills as possible that im providing so the step for me was to ask them to please hold and transfer them over to my supervisor. I had wonderful coworkers we were like a little family some people were in there 20's 30's and 40's which made it really interesting because im 27 and to be around a different age group was challenging and helpful. As far as the job there really wasn't anything to hard about it I found it very easy after learning everything I had to know in order to do my job. And the most enjoyable part of my job was to help a customer and the customer telling me that they appreciated the help that they received from me.
The work enviornment is pretty laid back.
Production Process Technician (Current Employee), Owenton, KYJune 24, 2014
This is a clean place to work and very ergonomic. Very safety orientated.
The job was fast paced and interesting.
Senior Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAMay 7, 2014
Pros: fast paced and fluid work environment
Cons: shifting management structure
I managed the ISO auditing program for Itron.
I managed the Reliability Programs for the Reader group. This required determining the most cost effective test to run and determining the test schedule.
I also lead the risk assessment programs for the systems.
Slow and boring work enviroment.
Assembly / Sparehand (Current Employee), west union, scMarch 16, 2014
2nd shift is the shift i work, it is very laid back. Our work is very slow as our numbers are severely low. listening to other's talk about the company thats been there for 20+ years, their management has gone downhill very drastically. I make above minimum wage but the money i make still isnt enough to make a suitable living off of.
with the right co-workers itron is fun to work at
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Waseca, MNMarch 13, 2014
You have to be ready to work right away. It is a team based job and if person isn't ready the rest can't start their job. The management is not a relaxed group. They tend to be too serious all the time.
management great,good work ethics,positive attitudes,fun
Material Handler/Lead/Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, awards, vacation ay good, gifts
Cons: too many family members connected which caused conflict
Greatest place I ever worked.Always enjoyed going and learned so much.Fair treatment and smiling faces seem to make for a positive work environment.Family like as well as teamwork included.
Productive environment and great talent
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2013
• Involved in creation and reviewing of Test Strategy document and Test Plan Document.
• Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Understanding Functional Specification; Reported Test Progress and address issues to Management
• Daily Client calls to discuss all scenarios and Testing Process Improvement.
• Fine-tuned search engines and pulled data from different databases and migrated data back and forth using SQL.
Most unprofessional company I've ever worked for.
Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2013
You're just a warm body at Itron. They will use you and spit you out. Don't believe anything they say.
Building house meters
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCOctober 21, 2013
Pros: insurance and benefits
Build meters from start to finish for house meters. Inspect and pack
Good place to work if you are local
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), West Union, SCAugust 15, 2013
Lot of business, need new ways to manage OEE for the lines. Local talants run the place.
would not recommend working here
Meter Installer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: long hours, no benefits
temporary work
if your not will to drive long distance to work then don't you cant work
production and fun place to work and very clean
power meter operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCMay 13, 2013
the job was so good and work enviroment was clean . coworkers were nice. the management was good and orangized .
horrible work place
Assembler (Former Employee), Owenton, KYMarch 13, 2013
short breaks, expensive health insurance, not a clean place to work, poor management, long 10 hour days, temp agency is horrible, you will get fired if you miss any days even with a doctors note!
Product Marketing
Applications Engineer (Current Employee), West Union, SCMarch 5, 2013
I greatly enjoy working in the Product Marketing Department as an Application Engineer.
learning new jobs
automation operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: short bresks
Clean, safe, fun place to work. Many opportunities to learn new jobs. Best paying plant in my area. Really miss it.
Really fun job.
Auditor (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Inspect electric meters at houses. I learned how to install electric meters and how to work with electric boxes.
Assembler
Assembler/Packer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCJanuary 31, 2013
Assemble meters in a automatic and manual line.
pack meters
work with others.
basic house keeping.
make sure to reach product or over.
inspect meters
Productive workplace, exciting and fun
Meter Reader/Installer/Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: employees appreciation days
Cons: paid time off
Everyday was a unexpected and enjoyable. I look forward in the future to further my career with this company.
Very clean work environment for a plant.
Line Operator (Former Employee), Walhalla, SCJanuary 6, 2013
I enjoyed working here. Unfortunately the company had to lay off over 300 employees.
Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCJanuary 4, 2013
Itron worked 8 hr shifts, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The 2nd shift was the make up the difference in production shift which is the shift I worked on. The employees at Itron were encouraged to learn almost every job in a department so that we were flexible in our duties to best achieve production. I really liked Itron's insistence on team work to get things done. Thanks to a bunch of overachievers in our department we got things done and then some. The hardest part of the job was learning to do so many different jobs in such a short time. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning to do so many different jobs in such a short time.