Itron Employee Reviews

Working environment
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCApril 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the encouraging words from superiors and the other employees which made my experience morally satisfying. The skills and techniques learned proved to excel my work ethic for any future employers.
Pros
The hourly wages and the employees
Cons
time management for each task assigned
Over all a good place to work but have magt. and scheduling problems
Sr. Processing Eng./Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCMarch 24, 2017
Work schedules change and require weekend work and don't have enough to do during the week. This could be avoided if scheduling was better and then would not have to pay out for overtime on weekends.
Repititive
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCMarch 21, 2017
Being an Assembly Line Operator isn't the best fit for everyone, and I have found this out the hard way. But the experience is one that has bettered me and helped me in checking certain things off my never ending list of possible life plans. The management here is absolutely wonderful and make sure that we all feel like family. Overall I have loved working here so far, if it wasn't for my schooling getting in the way I might have planned to stay until retirement!
Production Oriented
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCMarch 20, 2017
I worked here a short time. I worked in two different departments during my time. one being an automated assembly line that would feed units to a group of workers called a cell. The cell would take these units would then be assemble into the final stages and shipped. The second department I worked in did the same type of work except instead of an automated assembly line the parts would be manually built and sent to be finally assembled.
I learned to work within an assembly group, and how static electricity can affect small electronic board.
Management seemed, to me at least, more so like micromanagement. Bathroom breaks were monitored and employees were monitored nearly constantly to remain on task.
Work place culture was decent. Most of the employees I was in contact with were, as I was, temporary employees needed to complete big orders before being let go as needed.
The hardest part of the job was being a temporary employee and not knowing whether or not a job was going to be available the next day.
The most enjoyable part was learning about the technology that was used to create their product and having to work closely to engineers.
Pros
Fairly Easy Air Conditioned Work
Cons
Very Controlling Environement
Good, Clean Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCMarch 18, 2017
It is a clean environment. The hours are stable. You are able to advance in the workplace. The employees are amicable. The company offers excellent benefits.
R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMarch 17, 2017
Nice place to work just had issues with some of the managers. The people on the floor seemed more knowledgeable about the process of building and repairing the meters and regs
great place to work good people professional atmosphere
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  West Union, s.c.March 13, 2017
learned alot about team work and how to have patients with people.you can still have fun and get the work out.the hardest part was getting to learn the pace of the people you work with.the most enjoyable part is seeing what you have accomplished at the end of the day.
Pros
advancement was kind of tuff
Cons
great people clean work enviroment
Team orientated company
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNFebruary 26, 2017
I have been working for Itron through Masterson Temp service for almost two years. In the time I have been there I have worked on two different lines working with different products. I have learned how to hand and auto soldier. I have a very good supervisor who cares about her team and makes sure we have opportunity to improve our skills while working towards our goals. The hardest part for me is there is little opportunity to become a full time employee.
Local staff & workforce is excellent
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Owenton, KYFebruary 9, 2017
The plant was a 7-24 plant and with 2 people in HR it required many long days & nights to allow accessibility for all shifts. In 3 years I have grown to highly respect my peers and the hourly associates at this facility. It is a shame they are closing this site. Many great people are affected and they have been dedicated to this company for 20+ years. The senior management at corporate are ok.
Benefits
Cons
Site is closing
Okay
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Owenton, KYJanuary 18, 2017
Working at Itron has had it's pros and cons over the past 4 years of working at Itron. My co-workers at Itron some are challenging to work with and others are simply easy to get along with and work with. The hardest part of working at Itron is communication because there is many miscommunication withthin the work force of Itron. The most enjoyable part of the job is having weekends off to balance life to job work.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Lack of Communication
I enjoyed working for Itron
SR. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 13, 2017
The work at Itron allowed me to perform several different types of work which kept everything interesting.

1. Project management for new products
2. Manufacturing Manager
3. QA tester
Summary
Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCJanuary 9, 2017
Fast paced work environment, with benefits. Worked over +50 hours a week. Nice and clean facility with great pay, and great people as well.
Pros
Good pay, nice working environment, good people
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and clean environment to work in
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West union scJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Itron until I got laid off the people and the staff were all very friendly and I wouldn't mind working there again but I'm afraid to be laid off again.
Intern review
Design Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  SCJanuary 2, 2017
Work life balance was optimal but the work environment was not too fun. Also location was out in the middle of nowhere. The pay was good for the area.
Typical day as a consultant for Itron
Senior Field Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WADecember 7, 2016
A typical day at Itron is working with the customer while they transition thru their new AMI system. Although no day is typical, it is usually a balance act between the customer and the client. The main hat I wore was that of a consultant. Advising the customer on how to maintain the newly installed equipment and how to monitor it using the supplied integrated software. The product is hardware and software based and it is primarily used for collecting interval data. This data that is collected via the newly installed network is how the Utility firms are able to collect revenue from their customer as well as save revenue by monitoring distribution and tracking consumption.
Pros
Turn key once installed / Plug and play technology
Cons
Knowledge of the hardware and software is required
Exciting, fast-paced work environment
Programmer Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Waseca, MNDecember 1, 2016
Interacting with several different people and teams on a daily basis. Collaboration and Quality are points of emphasis through all teams, groups, and locations. The management team works hard to connect with each team member. All of the employees work hard and have great attitudes. As part of a decentralized team, keeping connected with the rest of the team was challenging. Having an opportunity to work each day with people who are passionate about their roles and responsibilities made working at Itron an enjoyable experience.
productive and fun workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 1, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in at 7 am , starting off at one job and rotating to 4 more jobs every hour. You normall work a 8 hour shift, with one 10 min break a 20 min break and a 5 min break. Ive learned at this job you can easily work your way up from temp to supervisor . There is not really nothing hard about this job ! The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting great people .
Very friendly enviroment and fun people to be around
Spare Hand (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCNovember 29, 2016
Loved it there
Loved it there
The people are amazing and the work is very easy. It's just an all around good place to work especially if you are ready to lock down and make something of your life
Pros
Christmas dinners
Cons
Sometimes the rework
Productive place to work
Managed Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 5, 2016
Fun job, great place to work and learn.

As with many companies, it can be a little tricky to navigate the political system. However, it can be done and be done effectively.
customer focused
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WASeptember 17, 2016
Designed, developed and implemented Test Plans, Test Designs and Test Cases (Automated and Non-Automated) that assured fault free Software releases.
Pros
Team Environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Itron. Our community is ready to answer.