ITT-AES Employee Reviews in United States

Summary
Project Manager/Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
Over 20 years of project management experience, engineering the design, development and assessment systems, and network integration for federal agencies, US military, and private industry initiatives. Roles include project managing, integration, providing overall direction and definition to support organizational strategies and engineering solutions to support organizational goals. Hands-on experience in understanding the intricacies and integration of multiple network technologies and applying this expertise to broader organizational needs in planning the development of the enterprise information technology environment.
Good company
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2013
For the 12 years I worked there, I learned a lot about Defense Contracting and Purchasing. It wasn't a walk in the park on some days and other days I felt like I was in Paradise...I was laid off at the beginning of April 2013 after the company offered early retirement at the beginning of the year for those who qualified. These are shaky times and EVERYONE was on the chopping block. If it weren't for the lay off I'd still be with them...content. Not all co-workers are happy peaceful people all the time. There is one and though she didn't do her job, blamed others for her mistakes, bad-mouthed everyone, looked down on everyone, bullied, she taught me the most about who I was as a person and how to NOT treat others. I value the time there and the experiences and the people...even HER.
Pros
benefit incentives
Cons
stability of industry
Great Place!
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
This is a wonderful company to work for. The atmosphere is comfortable.
Good Technical College but poor ethics as it related to employees
Educational Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2013
A typical day involves contacting your leads to set appointments, work conducts and get applications. Persistence is definitely the key to obtaining good results. Immediate management is consultative while upper management is directive autocratic style. Co-workers seem to be nice sometimes but because of the environment cut throat. The hardest part of the job is the frequent changes with compliance within recruitment. When you think that you a good niche on how to be successful they change the game and give you less or bad components to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping change someones life and giving them new hope.
Pros
comfortable office environment
Cons
head quarters constantly changes policies for weekly, and monthly recruiting metrics; inorder to encourage high turnover.
Great Opportunity For Advancement
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJuly 25, 2013
Personal Assistant to the Vice President of Company, and assisted other management staff with administrative duties. I learned alot at this company, as I started as a tempary employer, while my boss, Vice President of manufacturing was abroad. He came back, put my resume in for the job as his personal assistant. Great opportunity for anyone. Management very professional, co workers also. Hardest part of my job was speaking to individuals internationlly, due to language barriers. My job was different every day, so never was bored.
Pros
team leadership, and respect.
Cons
no opportunity for growth, once i reached status of executive assistant.
Toxic work enviorment with unrealistic expections
Team member (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN is the headquartersJuly 15, 2013
The stress level for 90% of those working at ITT is astonishing, although it is hidden by most in management behind false smiles and attitudes. Expectations for most positions, including management are unrealistic, creating a palpable negative work environment. The turn over is very high, especially in the recruitment department. Most do not feel they are safe in keeping their job, no matter the effort they put in. It seemed to me that 9 out of 10 were not happy working there.

One thing that was driven home to everyone was to provide superior customer service, which I observed to be excellent and professional at all times, by everyone. Also, it was my experience that we were told to stay within the guidelines and policies of the company as well as the accreditation board, with no exceptions.

The instructional staff is top notch, experienced with hands on knowledge of what subject(s) or in the fields they teach. The vast majority did care about the students succeeding.

Over the years, the focus of ITT Technical Institute has become one focused on profit, not the students. It is much more a business than a school of higher learning.

Benefits were priced very high, with ridiculous deductibles. Pay was sub-par for what was expected.
Pros
well maintained/updated facilities
Cons
no job security, unrealistic expectations of staff/management
Shape lives
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2013
Great to know you can help aid someone to reach their dream.
Ablility to meet new people on a daily basis
Productive work place co-workers are like Mamilie
Switch Calibrator A (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 10, 2013
Work from 6 AM to 3:30 PM , worke together as a team.

Management will helps when we have problemes.
Co-workers help eachother.
When we have parts short to finisch building Switch.
Being one big Familie.
General Overview:
System Analyst I - Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 8, 2013
Member and Team Leader of the Management Information System Information Technology Department supporting the Fort Benning’s DOL and DPW. Providing network/server/desktop and workstation support for approximately 16 Domain servers, 1050+ computer systems, and 1250+ users across Ft. Benning.

Responsible for DISA Scans, and weekly Windows Security Updates on 16 Servers.
Pros
existing it team from previous contract.
Cons
itt project/ hr disfuctional management.
Good work ethics
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAJune 28, 2013
-Prepared and presented detailed and concise presentations communicating key information, risk, cost reductions, delivery schedule, functionality and sustainability to both technical and non-technical audiences.
great work environment
Fire Control Instrument Repairman (DSEST) (Former Employee) –  kuwaitJune 26, 2013
great job for interacting with the customers
steady enjoyable work that you can see rewards from
Pros
decent pay steady work
Cons
outside conditions
Great workplace
Force Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kosovo, H13June 25, 2013
loved the friendships i created there great workplace. friendly people
Temporary Contract
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 19, 2013
Poor management, typical short term contract.

staff friendly enough
Good Job
TC AIMS Clerk (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 17, 2013
When it is time to work, it is time to work. There was a lot of down time, which was used to complete company online training. We walked the various lots, so it kept us in shape. On the job training is a must.
Pros
lots of walking and downtime
Cons
work hours 7am-7:45pm
This place is rife with politics
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 14, 2013
Been there for over four years. Every project that I worked on had a deadline that was not achievable. They would underbid to get projects and then expect the employees to work overtime to get things done. The upper management is incompetent and would not understand the difference between a developer who can do gui work and one who can do embedded development.
Pros
nothing other than the location
Cons
everything
productive
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  massJune 13, 2013
I don't remember much about the company. it was a long time ago
Commission based environment
Master Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 12, 2013
Thrive in an environment where my performance is directly reflected in my compensation
simple job
Up Armor Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJune 11, 2013
Job was simple long hours though for as much work as we were doing (12hour shifts 6 days a week) management favoured certain people, as always. Easy none the less.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
management
Worst company ever
ADMISSIONS RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  TUCSON, AZJune 1, 2013
I worked in admissions and was harrassed, ridiculed, berated, lied to, and mistreated on a daily basis...And that's just by management... Teachers were nice..Students nice....Dor and doc..Dof..Registrar..And dean..Even career sevcs director awful...Mean..Horrible evil people...I have never worked for such a terrible company...Forget calling hr...They did nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting
Pros
a paycheck until you get written up for not conducting two interviews a week even during christmas
Cons
poor pay, no promotions, mistreatment, being yelled at during meetings 3x a week..fun! they call you a pathetic loser
Great Place to Work
Product Design Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 30, 2013
Great people, great products! Management is improving. Quality and operations needs more resources.
Pros
great people
Cons
lack of resources