ITT-AES

ITT-AES Employer Reviews

Summary
Project Manager/Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
Over 20 years of project management experience, engineering the design, development and assessment systems, and network integration for federal agencies, US military, and private industry initiatives. Roles include project managing, integration, providing overall direction and definition to support organizational strategies and engineering solutions – more... to support organizational goals. Hands-on experience in understanding the intricacies and integration of multiple network technologies and applying this expertise to broader organizational needs in planning the development of the enterprise information technology environment. – less
Good company
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2013
Pros: benefit incentives
Cons: stability of industry
For the 12 years I worked there, I learned a lot about Defense Contracting and Purchasing. It wasn't a walk in the park on some days and other days I felt like I was in Paradise...I was laid off at the beginning of April 2013 after the company offered early retirement at the beginning of the year for those who qualified. These are shaky times and EVERYONE – more... was on the chopping block. If it weren't for the lay off I'd still be with them...content. Not all co-workers are happy peaceful people all the time. There is one and though she didn't do her job, blamed others for her mistakes, bad-mouthed everyone, looked down on everyone, bullied, she taught me the most about who I was as a person and how to NOT treat others. I value the time there and the experiences and the people...even HER. – less
Great Place!
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
This is a wonderful company to work for. The atmosphere is comfortable.
Good Technical College but poor ethics as it related to employees
Educational Recruiter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2013
Pros: comfortable office environment
Cons: head quarters constantly changes policies for weekly, and monthly recruiting metrics; inorder to encourage high turnover.
A typical day involves contacting your leads to set appointments, work conducts and get applications. Persistence is definitely the key to obtaining good results. Immediate management is consultative while upper management is directive autocratic style. Co-workers seem to be nice sometimes but because of the environment cut throat. The hardest part – more... of the job is the frequent changes with compliance within recruitment. When you think that you a good niche on how to be successful they change the game and give you less or bad components to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping change someones life and giving them new hope. – less
Great Opportunity For Advancement
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Seneca Falls, NYJuly 25, 2013
Pros: team leadership, and respect.
Cons: no opportunity for growth, once i reached status of executive assistant.
Personal Assistant to the Vice President of Company, and assisted other management staff with administrative duties. I learned alot at this company, as I started as a tempary employer, while my boss, Vice President of manufacturing was abroad. He came back, put my resume in for the job as his personal assistant. Great opportunity for anyone. Management – more... very professional, co workers also. Hardest part of my job was speaking to individuals internationlly, due to language barriers. My job was different every day, so never was bored. – less
Great company with an outstand talent base
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Herndon VAJuly 16, 2013
Started with the company in the very early days of the program. quickly found that management and co workers had a high level of talent in their positions. Easy group to follow a bit tougher to help guide.
Toxic work enviorment with unrealistic expections
Team member (Former Employee), Carmel, IN is the headquartersJuly 15, 2013
Pros: well maintained/updated facilities
Cons: no job security, unrealistic expectations of staff/management
The stress level for 90% of those working at ITT is astonishing, although it is hidden by most in management behind false smiles and attitudes. Expectations for most positions, including management are unrealistic, creating a palpable negative work environment. The turn over is very high, especially in the recruitment department. Most do not feel they – more... are safe in keeping their job, no matter the effort they put in. It seemed to me that 9 out of 10 were not happy working there.

One thing that was driven home to everyone was to provide superior customer service, which I observed to be excellent and professional at all times, by everyone. Also, it was my experience that we were told to stay within the guidelines and policies of the company as well as the accreditation board, with no exceptions.

The instructional staff is top notch, experienced with hands on knowledge of what subject(s) or in the fields they teach. The vast majority did care about the students succeeding.

Over the years, the focus of ITT Technical Institute has become one focused on profit, not the students. It is much more a business than a school of higher learning.

Benefits were priced very high, with ridiculous deductibles. Pay was sub-par for what was expected. – less
Shape lives
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2013
Great to know you can help aid someone to reach their dream.
Ablility to meet new people on a daily basis
Productive work place co-workers are like Mamilie
Switch Calibrator A (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJuly 10, 2013
Work from 6 AM to 3:30 PM , worke together as a team.

Management will helps when we have problemes.
Co-workers help eachother.
When we have parts short to finisch building Switch.
Being one big Familie.
General Overview:
System Analyst I - Lead (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: existing it team from previous contract.
Cons: itt project/ hr disfuctional management.
Member and Team Leader of the Management Information System Information Technology Department supporting the Fort Benning’s DOL and DPW. Providing network/server/desktop and workstation support for approximately 16 Domain servers, 1050+ computer systems, and 1250+ users across Ft. Benning.

Responsible for DISA Scans, and weekly Windows Security Updates – more... on 16 Servers. – less
Good work ethics
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAJune 28, 2013
-Prepared and presented detailed and concise presentations communicating key information, risk, cost reductions, delivery schedule, functionality and sustainability to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This place is rife with politics
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJune 14, 2013
Pros: nothing other than the location
Cons: everything
Been there for over four years. Every project that I worked on had a deadline that was not achievable. They would underbid to get projects and then expect the employees to work overtime to get things done. The upper management is incompetent and would not understand the difference between a developer who can do gui work and one who can do embedded development.
productive
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), massJune 13, 2013
I don't remember much about the company. it was a long time ago
Commission based environment
Master Representative (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 12, 2013
Thrive in an environment where my performance is directly reflected in my compensation
simple job
Up Armor Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJune 11, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: management
Job was simple long hours though for as much work as we were doing (12hour shifts 6 days a week) management favoured certain people, as always. Easy none the less.
WORST COMPANY EVER
ADMISSIONS RECRUITER (Former Employee), TUCSON, AZJune 1, 2013
Pros: a paycheck until you get written up for not conducting two interviews a week even during christmas
Cons: poor pay, no promotions, mistreatment, being yelled at during meetings 3x a week..fun! they call you a pathetic loser
I WORKED IN ADMISSIONS AND WAS HARRASSED, RIDICULED, BERATED, LIED TO, AND MISTREATED ON A DAILY BASIS...AND THAT'S JUST BY MANAGEMENT... TEACHERS WERE NICE..STUDENTS NICE....DOR AND DOC..DOF..REGISTRAR..AND DEAN..EVEN CAREER SEVCS DIRECTOR AWFUL...MEAN..HORRIBLE EVIL PEOPLE...I HAVE NEVER WORKED FOR SUCH A TERRIBLE COMPANY...FORGET CALLING HR...THEY – more... DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISGUSTING – less
Great Place to Work
Product Design Engineer II (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 30, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: lack of resources
Great people, great products! Management is improving. Quality and operations needs more resources.
provided a good working enviroment
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee), McLean, VAMay 17, 2013
working with this company was as good a job and people you will ever work with
Busy and productive. I don't like standing around.
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 14, 2013
Pros: most everything
Cons: retirerment health care
I enjoyed working with the people and the bosses were fair and just. The variety in the work was the best!
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Great invironment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 11, 2013
Pros: great training, travel, and work invironment
Cons: not quite on the same level as the big boys.
I work at ITT AES for a little over 3 years. I travelled to other states to install systems, as well as had the opportunity to learn a great deal. They paid for my MCSA training, as well as my Vmware training. I met some good friends there. I think this is a very good company, and I wouldlove to work there in the future.

Q