ITW Employee Reviews

ITW Diagraph is a good place to work.
Service/Repair Advisor (Current Employee) –  Diagraph St. Charles, MOMarch 13, 2017
ITW Diagraph (Marking & Coding division) is a good place to work for. Depending on your skill set, education, and motivation ITW does have opportunities for advancement.

Just like any job you will have good days and bad days, and I've had my share of both.

The work load can get fast paced but is usually moderately paced. The people are for the most part easygoing. Management is somewhat relaxed, but also a bit strict (tardiness, no shows, playing on your phone, etc is highly frowned upon).

The pay is ok, but the raises are tiny. Don't expect over a 2% raise, 3% max. Some overtime is offered.

They do have tuition reimbursement, you will have to sign a contract that states you working there for two years after finishing school/semester classes but your education is paid for each semester you sign up for it.

I don't know about the other ITW companies, Diagraph is a good place to work for. I've been here for three years now and just got promoted recently. Never been laid off for any slow downs.
Pros
Ok pay, tuition reimbursement, good benefits.
Cons
Tiny raises.
qualiry inspector
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILMarch 6, 2017
This job is a very good experience and it teaches one a lot of things. From my years of working there i can say that even though i enjoy working there. I am trying to find an addtional job
Fast paced
Executive Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Very challenging position with many demands with a necessity to be a quick learner or you will quickly fail. Many contracted out employees and outsourced positions left many to feel unhappy with decisions from upper management. I enjoyed the beautiful corporate office and loved the work I was given to do.
Pros
Great company with advacement opportunities.
Cons
Not enough oversight on mid level managers.
Not a place you enjoy and look forward to going
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I worked there twice and the last time was for about 2 years. I was let go unfairly the first time and was hesitant about going the second. Because I have a good relationship with Kelly Services and I wanted work, I agree. The kind of place where you only there for a paycheck is not my ideal setting but necessary sometimes. I prefer working in a positive environment where morale is not at a low everyday.
Not again
Not important (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Low wages, poor benefits. HR is the laziest HR department in my 30 year career in the work world. Low tech, bad decisions. Has some good people, though.
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
Lazy HR, and don't try to get cobra leaving. They do suck.
Fun and friendly
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work and advance fortune500 company family admitsphe great place to meet new people and become friends manager are fair and honest helpful co workers
Pros
Excellent 401k plan
Cons
No overtime
Was a great Place to work
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2017
We had the best employee it was like one big family. Everyone willing to help each other when needed. I worked there 22 year and did many things in the shop and office. I loved training and teaching others how to do my job and other jobs in the factory. I took pride in my work alway told them the first thing is safety, quality, and quantity.
Pros
Advancement!
Cons
Factory moved
hard working and focused
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 5, 2017
the hardest part on the job was running line and trying to meet production before the shift ended , sometimes we worked 12 hours or more we had good days and some bad but it never stopped our work
hard work for little pay
Kelly Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILNovember 30, 2016
these people don't really care about you, they just pretend they do I really did not care for this job because nothing you do is good enough for them.
Good Company
AP/AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 5, 2016
Excellent Benefits. Good Pay. This company comes out of Illinois where the corporate office is located. I worked there for about 2 years. The benefits are very good.
More Bad Days Than Good
Parts Processor (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHAugust 26, 2016
Heartless supervisors, Job is actually easy, management makes it difficult. Some co-workers will go out of their way to help you. The best part of the job is going home.
Pros
Some co-workers are really nice and compassionate, they will help when the can.
Cons
Bad Management that can't make any decisions.
enjoy the people i work with
Certified forklift and tugger driver (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSAugust 15, 2016
relaxed
ive learned how to work with a diverse group of people
management lacked with social skills
i loved my co-workers
dealing with management
my coworkers were the best part of my job
Pros
the diversity of people
Cons
management
Not a very good management team
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJuly 4, 2016
I think ITW can be improve to meet the qualifications that every business needs. The management at ITW is not up to expectation and this business is not very organize.
Buehler, Inc. - A Division of ITW
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJune 7, 2016
Buehler was a great place to work. The co-workers, weather in the production line, warehouse or office were very friendly and eager to help out with understanding how the company grows each day.
Pros
Relaxed surroundings
Large Fast paced Corporation
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 9, 2016
Typical day at ITW would consist of receiving and sorting incoming and outgoing mail and packages according to postal regulations and unit requirements.Delivers and picks up mail and packages at proper locations, Weighs and stamps or makes arrangements for outgoing mail and packages, operating mail processing machines as necessary. Maintain logs of postage charges, receipt forms, and other records as required.Perform data entry activities and assist in filing and archiving documents
Pros
Large Corporatioin
very productive
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 9, 2016
I would go in and we would have a safety meeting and get straight to work. I basically sat at a machine and made sure the pieces i made had no scratches on them. The co-workers was always nice and management was always helpful.
Solid Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NationalApril 9, 2016
Solid company overwhelmed by bureaucracy and very little room for growth. Internal issues take up 80% of the time and cut into focusing on customers. Very good people to work with who care very deeply about what the customers thinks.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Way to many internal conference calls with little or no solutions
Where to start
Contract Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 28, 2016
Like any company, ITW cooking division wants to produce as much as possible for its customer base at the least cost possible. However, in my opinion the upper management team in place at time I was there were completely clueless what it really meant from real engineering prospective how that should have been done. Communication was not great. Upper plant management seemed to be afraid of corporate management and would do everything they could to not be fully honest with the corporate team. This to some degree handcuffed middle management because of the "don't tell bad news to management" philosophy. Management in the cooking division were not engineers and had no clue about actual basic engineering practices. If ideas were presented that were not in there scope of knowledge, they labeled you a arrogant person. Training meetings were very poorly communicated to the point no know knew they were even scheduled. As an engineer, you are requested to do more than one thing at a time, but when you present that you are and can do more than one project at a time, you are told you are doing to much. It is a very difficult work environment to succeed in.
Pros
Production floor workes are very freindly and easy to work with
Cons
Wrong people with the wrong backgrounds placed in charge of production
Industry leader in innovation
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2016
Identifying key accounts in the region and developing action plans to gain maximum exposure and penetration into those businesses  Visiting, and maintaining constant contact with customers and prospective customers to ensure accurate understanding of their needs and wants to preferably standard ITW Commercial Construction North America offerings 

General account development, managing activities and converting all opportunities to closure 

Acting as the expert in the application and fundamentals of operation of all ITW CCNA products, including demonstrating confidence in the use of all product offerings 

Execute consultative sales activities to customers with focus on ITW’s added value differentiators of legacy, company, performance, durability, features and benefits 

Actively manage all distribution channels delivering our product to market in an efficient, profitable, and timely matter  Plan processes to develop realistic and achievable growth goals for the region for ITW CCNA products and services, and take ownership in delivering those same goals and other agreed objectives throughout the year remaining cognizant of prospecting, quoting and booking levels demonstrating proactive response to adverse trends
Nepotism and complacent management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Management spends their day patting each other on the back and gossiping about the people in the plant that actually get work done.

To further compound this problem, there are several operators and technicians that have been there for 20-30yrs and think their job is to blame all the new associates for everything they break or fail at. Since they're best friends with managers they think they're untouchable and do nothing but stand around drinking coffee all day.

If you like being a scapegoat for senior personnel incompetence then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Most of the people who pretend to "work" here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITW. Our community is ready to answer.

60%