ITW

ITW Employer Reviews

ITW is an established organization which focuses on self improvement.
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Troy, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: dynamic environment
ITW/Hobart is an dynamic, fast paced company which demands excellance from all employees.
nice people
Tax Accountant (Former Employee), GlenviewSeptember 29, 2014
ITW is a good place to learn and be involved within a large fortune 200 firm.
Current position I hold
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with customers. 401k
Cons: would like the company to work harder towards employee retension. no retirement benefit
The aspect I enjoy the most is working with customers to resolve their questions on equipment failures. I enjoy explaining to them at a level they understand what the probable causes may be. I initiate changes to processes to better serve our customers and develop service bulletins and work instructions to ensure our company goals of support are met.
A – more... snap shot of my typical day is: I field several troubleshooting and customer inquires. I also answer many emails for support, I am the first line contact for my company. I have to determine what department would best resolve their problem if I can not do so. I handle stress well and because of my knowledge of our product I was hand picked by management to field all calls coming into the company and troubleshoot and or determine how to quickly keep the customer satisfied. I enjoy working with customers and I know always how important it is for me to be at my post for them.

I enjoy working with my co-workers, I get along with them great. I feel that I need to be challenged more with all my training and past work experience. I would like to see that the company is moving faster in the right direction to keep customers satisfied with our product. The work environment is stressful to others, and people complain but I try and encourage them that things will get better. I am use to working in a high paced environment where I can multi-task several things every day. – less
not good company
assembly (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILAugust 4, 2014
Cons: everything
didn't even get to know employee before they judged them as unsocial... thought it was work not high school
Good company but not stable employment in recent years
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), Troy, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches from time to time
Cons: currently i would say bad management at least in my department.
Overall, I liked working here from the aspect of the co-worker relationships that I nurtured during my employment.
From what I could tell most of the career workers, (20+ years or more), must have loved working there at one time because they stuck around so long. I can tell you now that a number of those seasoned employees do not like the direction – more... the company is headed. I can tell you in my old department that things are not as good as they once were since they advanced a young inexperienced person to the rank of Engineering Manager, and the person the company hired as the overall VP of the department is from Italy and doesn't care as much as he should about the success of the project or keeping any of the US based employees.
The bottom line right now is that this company is in the middle of restructuring and it is an unstable employer until this has been completed. – less
easy to understand
parts processor (Current Employee), piqua ohioJune 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of communication
I typical day is rather normal got to work from 6 am to 230. struggle with the schedule change where from one day to the next we can be working overtime and the next day we aren't. I looking for something that will challenge me to become a better working and will allow me to get into a career that I enjoy.
Quality Control (Former Employee), Lakeville, CTMarch 10, 2014
Pros: worked independently
Cons: no promotions
ITW is a fast growing company that is growing everyday. The only problem with this company is they don't pay their employees what they are supposed to be paying them. Employees havent had a raise in years.
productive
Operator (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAMarch 3, 2014
We cut out car parts for kia and and shipped them out to various car dealerships.
Very interesting place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: provide a nice area that was always clean and had enough space
Cons: provide addition microwave
A topic work day was getting everything set-up to start your day
I learned how to operate a machine, set required setting and produce what was expected of me for that day.
Management was great and easy going, never had a problem with my manager.
I worked with some of the best co-workers that I seem
The hardest part of the job for me was heavy lifting
The – more... most enjoyable time that I had on this job was the down time and being able to go to different departments to meet other people that worked there. – less
ITW is a business warehouse that operate machines to make car parts and provide production.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Monee, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: meeting nice people including supervisors and learning about cars.
Cons: the quota i had to do daily in which i did complete.
A regular day at ITW would a easy going pace with everybody working. I learned certain things about different car parts in which i were working with. The management was pretty solid, i never had any problems that wasn't fixed and my co-workers were kind also. Overall ITW is alright.
Not enough pay
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Palmetto, FLJanuary 5, 2014
I didn't mind the work I was a mechanical brazer and doing the same work for the same company in a different state. The only difference is the ITW in the state of Illinois, Chicago was a union shop....Workers there got paid 40 dollars per hour for the same thing that I did in Florida for only 15 dollars per hour.
great job
Senior Sourcing Analyst MRO-Indirect Sourcing (Current Employee), Glenview, ILDecember 29, 2013
Great company great culture
growing company
interact with great collegues
Good group of employees, worked together tremendously
shipping supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: well versed teams
Cons: nothing
Scheduled production machinery, supervised material handles and dock personnel. Supervised non-conforming Department. Did ordering of raw materials; oils, plant maintenance supplies.Inventory control.
A really great company
Retail Sales Sp (Former Employee), Glenview, ILNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: retail envirnoment
Probably the best job I have every had. Really great people who knew how to take care of their employees. Willing to teach and provide you with everything you needed to be successful
Loved it!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Richton Park, ILNovember 3, 2013
I loved operating on the machines and loved the people i worked with, i learned how to operate new technology in a timely manner.
ITW
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Weirton, WVOctober 22, 2013
Pros: average work, great co-workers, benifits from when you walk into the door.
Cons: short breaks, hr makes mistakes on relating to payroll, no overtime for second shift.
They are not a bad company to work for but the compensation when it comes to wages leaves something more desired when working afternoon turn there isn't much overtime available on this shift and the HR makes inconvenient mistake that involve payroll.
inspect break pads
Inspector (Contract) (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good pay if get hired on
Cons: dirty company
to inspect break pads make sure no cracks or chips Company was ok just dirty
good benefits, but no security
Press Operator (Current Employee), Mazon, ILAugust 25, 2013
Pros: good insurance and benefits
Cons: no job security at all
I operate an injection molding press. I place the filter media in the proper posistion, start the process, remove molded parts from machine, check for quality then pack and label. Very easy work, excellent co-workers.
hard working
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee), Fenton, MOAugust 24, 2013
Pros: follows through with job duties
Cons: no orgination frustrates me.
I am very hard working, like to stay busy. a loyal employee, always does what is asked of me.
boring but easy
Inject Molding Press Operator (Former Employee), Mazon, ILJuly 23, 2013
Pros: good benifits
typical work day running a inject mold press push the button and inspect the finished product

1 2 3

About ITW

Illinois Tool Works (ITW) hammers out more than just tools, and it operates well beyond the Land of Lincoln. With operations in about – Read more