ITW Employee Reviews

ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 30, 2015
good company good for young adults, benefits are great zero t
olerance for mistakes need a up to date transfer point with products
Productive employment
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDNovember 24, 2015
Great atmosphere, great people to work with. Learned all areas of the business. Started in production and then was promoted to shipping/receiving warehouse clerk.

The hardest part of the job was training the new people the ITW way of rules and regulations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the coworkers and customer satisfaction.
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 17, 2015
Handled hiring through staffing agency. Kept time, processed payroll. Communicated with the clients for sales, orders and delivery times of product.
Fast paced working environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 15, 2015
Fast pace environment that keep you busy & on your toes. Great benefits & opportunities for advancement. Requires multi-tasking abilities.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Point system
Productive and supportive management company with great training, room for advancement , and benefits.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHSeptember 14, 2015
Worked at this company for 42 years and was blessed with a company that encouraged advancement and training. Management is very supportive and hands-on. Would love opportunity to work there again; or even through one of their outsourcing companies.
It is a ok place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur ,ALSeptember 8, 2015
Layoff every year jobs get slow run out of work to do . Management works hard to get jobs but it is a lot of red tape for them.They need more growing develop . And when there is work they can put out a lot of product it is not hard work . they have a lot of good lines and setups
Pros
learn a lot from them its lots of fun when there is work to do
Cons
enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues
A learning experiene
Quality Control Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Easy fast pace job. A good leaning experience for most beginners. Sadly there wasn't any room for growth in this company. And the pay and benefits weren't great either.
Cons
no benefits
Professional environment with the '80/20' mentality/focus.
Sales Manager-retired (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL ; Detroit, MI areaAugust 24, 2015
Start of day: depending on your schedule - visit customers for meetings, respond to requests, deliver samples etc.; or go to office for meetings; respond to customer needs; make followups; set up appointments.. etc.
Everyday was a 'Class Room' and an opportunity to learn something new.
Get support from and provide support to your fellow employees, as needed at Sales Office or to/from Plant personnel.
Dealing with unrealistic demands or schedules was often difficult.
However, it felt good to be able to 'come through' when solving a problem, meeting a schedule, or just getting a job done to make a difference for the customer and/or the company.
Each of the 800+ operating divisions worldwide allowed for each Division to service its own customers/markets for their unique or specific products in their market places. This is good for the Customers and the Company to provide the high level of SERVICE to meet every customers' needs/requirements.
Pros
Everyday was a challenge and an opportunity
Cons
Sometimes the 'TRAVELING Schedule' was difficult on family needs.
how to check for defects on car parts
Assembler (Former Employee) –  frankfort, ilAugust 21, 2015
make sure the parts were perfect
handle parts with care
assembly the parts
place the door handle in the totes properly
work two stations
Pros
sick days holiday pay
Cons
not enough money
tideous job, no advancement and unhelpful hr/management concerning questions about advancements, hours etc.
Line Support Associate/Utility (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 29, 2015
tedious work, one week we are slammed with orders then the next week half the plant only works twenty hours. Get told one thing and the total opposite happens.
Pros
hired on and raise after 90 days, uniforms
Cons
very slow periods meaning 20 hour weeks, month long layoffs
good job with opportunity to learn new skills
Building Supervisor/Printing Shift Foreman (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 13, 2015
I was night-shift supervisor in an extrusion/printing and bag-making company where I was able to gain both supervisory and hands-on machine knowledge. Being in charge of a large work-force in a busy environment with tight schedules taught me valuable skills that I have used for my entire career.
Pros
able to learn many new skills
Cons
company relocated to texas
Good job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, ILJuly 10, 2015
Good place to work. Employers and employees were kind and always willing to help. I gained a lot of experience here and was proud to be a part of this company.
Pros
Kind employees
Cons
Low hours
Company rates very well with certain arms not aware of what the other is doing.
Self Employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Very Nice company with a strong moral corporate character. There is a need for faster and decisive leadership. certain policies have grown rutted and new eyes are needed.
lousy
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, ILJune 29, 2015
This place just uses you. They keep saying they are going to hire you but they never do. The tell you that you have to work harder.
Cons
Fun atmosphere just need more pay.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 29, 2015
This is a great job with a laid back family atmosphere. However, the job duties that I perform are not compensated with the position I am in.
Pros
Free lunches for hard work. Laid back family atmosphere
Cons
Pay does not compensate for job requirements
A wonderful place to work at the Paslode division
Manager of Employee Health Centers (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL - Corporate officeJune 20, 2015
I was the Occupational Health Nurse in charge of the Paslode division of Illinois Tool Works. I was treated royally and professionally handled all the incidents that arose. I also introduced and conducted Wellness programs for the workers and set up a first aid station at one of the companies.
I learned that business managers are very supportive of my profession and supplied my office with all the materials I needed to succeed in my position there. I was the only RN the division had so covered the other companies. The hardest part was traveling to the other divisions in the winter weather. The most enjoyable part was going to work every day. I enjoyed this job very much.
Pros
respectful way I was treated at all divisions, I was present at the business meetings.
Cons
Traveling in the icy winter weather if that was needed.
Great place to work.
Field Service Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILApril 3, 2015
ITW created a good workplace balance and positive work environment. The company had great benefits and real loyalty towards its employees. The departure was very hard and I would love to have the opportunity to work for the company again.
Pros
Positive work environment
Fast Paced Workplace
Quality Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington NCFebruary 21, 2015
A typical workday is trying to prioritize what needs to be completed first to meet shipment demands, while staying in compliance and being safe. The hardest part of the job is trying to get the job done while being understaffed and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all deadlines, which I have consistently done since joining the team. My co-workers are the best and we all work very well together. I have learned a lot about medical devices, where as all of my past quality experience has been in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years.
Pros
enjoy the job
Cons
under staffed
Great place to work with wonderful employees.
BUYER / ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Buyer for 3 highly profitable product lines, Supported MRB to reduce non-conformant material in a timely manner
Pros
great benefits
Cons
compensation gould be better
forklift driver
forklift driver and receiver and labeling (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 9, 2015
I am a certified forklift driver with a 5 years experiences in driving a regular forklift clap forklift and a slip forklift.
can drive any type of forklift. i learn how to use and charry picker and a stand up forklift