IU Health La Porte Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

IU Health Hospital
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INApril 24, 2016
I enjoyed volunteering at this hospital! I also had the opportunity to work in an office conducting clerical duties that helped me to better understand the administrative department of a hospital.

The volunteers were (and still are) amazing at this organization! I was excited to come into the facility, especially when the greeters were so helpful, and not to mention the contagious smiles!!

Overall, the experience was positive, and I would have stayed longer at the time; though, I couldn't, primarily, due to my husband's military orders. However, I am not moving anymore (we are at our final duty station in California).
Pros
Excellent volunteers!
Cons
Not enough duties available for some departments.
Horrible, low quality establishment
RN (Former Employee) –  ICUJuly 27, 2015
Lazy nurses , rude , obnoxious and catty . I came here as a travel nurse in the ICU's and was not only appalled but also ashamed to say I worked there. WAY behind the times in care and quality. One nurse who is big , bulky, loud and makes odd noises was always weird in a creepy way.
Poor Organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  La PorteMay 11, 2015
No cohesive teamwork, too many managers fear for their jobs, as a result of this the environment is like walking on egg shells. Perhaps they need to run the organization like a business and not to realize their own personal agendas while expecting you to not only do your job but other's as well. I would not recommend working there nor would I recommend medical treatment for anyone! Things cannot improve until administration is all replaced.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
disgusting company to work for
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  laporteFebruary 3, 2015
I left a great company to work for this place. Every aspect is childish. Coworkers and doctors set others up to fail. If you are not part of the click, farewell. I was one of the many few that had a wonderful manager but i see her position is now available. Possibly due to the doctors evil, backstabbing behavior. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!!
benefits
Cons
everything
go to Memorial sb
unit coordinator er (Former Employee) –  laporte, inNovember 25, 2014
Horrible place to work. No one can keep a job here due to being overworked. They want to pay the minimum and work basically 3 positions at once.
Cons
everything
Most recently......Overworked without a thank you or even a good job!
Clinical hospital worker (Former Employee) –  HospitalOctober 17, 2014
This place has changed so much in the last 5 years. All about making money and scores. People used to say hi to each other in the hall, now, no words and people look down. Very sad. Used to be a great place to work, now they have a hard time keeping employees.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
not the same place anymore
RN (Former Employee) –  Hospital and Physician OfficeSeptember 27, 2014
The other reviews on here about the management is 100% correct, they do not care about anyone but themselves, they want something on everyone to hold over your head, and definitely true about not investigating a situation, they just assume the employees involved are at fault- end of story!
More and more work, less and less staff to do it with!
You will notice in previous reviews that the HR people all say how wonderful the place is to work because they are the ones who also don't care and help write everyone up, including physicians!!!! I worked there for 4 years when it was not IU, and things were great but when I went back to work there under IU Health it was more than disappointing!!!
benefits
Cons
everything but the benefits
Busy place, rewarding
customer service (Current Employee) –  customer serviceApril 17, 2014
Busy place, rewarding, management is present in patient care areas, co-works are great.
Hardest part of the job is work life balance.
Customer are the most enjoyable
Pros
busy
Cons
hours
Bad job environment!
nurse (Former Employee) –  4th floorJanuary 29, 2014
Management targets individuals to be let go. Employees can not voice their opinion without fear of being targeted to be laid off. Management does not use the turn laid off instead they say your position is being eliminated then they replace that position calling it by another name. Such as, there are no longer team leaders they are now called charge nurses (same thing just less money) Management will overwork you by having less staff but then they don't allow over time. Employees are over stressed because support staff has been eliminated. Just a very bad job environment. Stay away!
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
bad management from directors on up to ceo
Overall positive work experience
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  1007 Lincolnway, La Porte, INNovember 24, 2013
Culture of workplace-good. Manager-good. Satifactory workload. Good communication.
Pros
professionalism, cleanliness, opportunity, competitive salary
Cons
non significant enough to mention
Good job
Audiovisual Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INOctober 14, 2013
I enjoyed my job at IU Health very much. I had much autonomy in my position. I had learned a lot about the audio visual industry and healthcare in general. It was a very busy but professional environment. My co-workers were great. Very friendly and helpful. The people there were amazing. The hardest part of my job was the increasing busyness of it. I was a "one man show" in the audio visual department, and with all the meetings, classes, in-services, and outside events, it was hard to keep up at times, but I was successful in doing so. The most enjoyable part of my job being able to work with a variety of audio visual technologies, and also work with a variety of professional people.
Pros
very clean professional environment
Cons
hospital wide and system wide reoganization and position realignments.
Awful Morale, Over worked
Management (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INMay 1, 2013
Always short staffed, management had "you don't like it, get out" mentality. Overworked, doing two people's jobs and still getting disciplined about minor things. Too strict, tense environment. Hospital is in poor financial status. No job security. Very unhappy there.
Pros
cafeteria food was very good!
Cons
the above review
Worst job I ever had
Former central scheduler (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INApril 23, 2013
This department has an extraordinary turnover rate, is extremely stressful and always understaffed. You will never received support from management or HR regarding employee concerns and favoritism runs high.
Pros
compensation
Cons
high turnover rate, no support from managers or staff, department is always inadequately staffed
Worse than I could have ever imagined
Nurse (Former Employee) –  La PorteApril 20, 2013
I came to work here because of the IU Health name. If IU wants to keep its name synonymous with good care, good value, good outcomes it better send an operational team to La Porte and Starke ASAP to take over and give some hope to patients and staff. I have worked at several hospitals over the course of my 30 year career and this is the first hospital I refuse to receive care from and refuse to let any of my loved ones receive care from either. I have received a job offer from a well respected hospital and will be resigning from here first thing Monday. Do not accept a position here. Everyone I talk with here is also looking for other positions and hoping to escape ASAP. I venture to say with certainty that this hospital will be forced to close within five years if it does not improve drastically very quickly.
Pros
most coworkers are nice
Cons
no support from administration for compliance with standards of care
Awful Experience!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IU HealthApril 7, 2013
I left a good organization to work for this company because I thought it would be a good opportunity for advancement and it was closer to where I lived. However, despite the many warnings from my peers (one's who previously worked for the organization before it was bought out by IU Health) I decided to take a position with them anyway which ended up being the biggest mistake I could make in my career. Not only did I not know what I was getting myself into, but at the time I was also unaware that the position I was getting hired into had a high turnover rate and a shady history. Despite my best efforts to succeed and advance in my position as time passed, I was never given the adequate opportunities I was promised in the beginning because the work environment there was very unorganized and lacked good moral and competent management, and was very cutthroat due to unfair favoritism and biased management. It was unfortunate that my fears after working there such a short time had become a reality and I hope that some poor soul considering this position will see this as a warning and ignore all these biased and ridiculous testimonies by these recruiters whose sole job is to get you to apply.
Pros
benefits and local discounts
Cons
poor moral and management
Dysfunctional
lab tech (Current Employee) –  IU LaPorte HospitalFebruary 25, 2013
Horrible experience. Beware! People are targeted if management does not like them.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
management
Best of the Best
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Porte, INFebruary 21, 2013
I recently returned to work at IU Health La Porte hospital after a brief stint away. I had always loved the organization and felt the environment was very much like a family. Though the opportunity I left for was great, it was no match for the organization that I have grown to love. I was extremely happy to return.

Over the last roughly five years I have been given numerous opportunities for advancement and constantly feel challenged to better myself and those around me. The colleagues and teams I have interacted with are all committed to each other and the communities they serve.

I have experienced immeasurable growth in my short time here and look forward to much more in the future. I would recommend employment at IU Health to anyone with a passion and a commitment for being the best of the best.
Pros
opportunities for advancement, friendly environment, great benefits and perks, accessible administration
Bad experience
previous Customer Relations Rep. (Former Employee) –  IU Health NeurologyFebruary 14, 2013
This was my favorite job when I was employed by IU Laporte Health. I worked there almost a year and it was GREAT. Everyday was new and had a challenge
It was a new practice & there was a misunderstanding that I somehow got caught up in with a strong position holding "higher up" & a practice admin. and they took my world away without PROPER investigating, NOR taking into consideration my good reviews and customer satisfaction w/me AND without talking to me about the particular situation in which I was discharged.
I won my unemployment and the Law Judge said they had NO PROOF of what they discharged me for - yet it didn't get me my job back. I would have loved to just get my job back!!
I thought I worked for what was a great place, with compassion and an "open door" policy that treated ALL FAIRLY - NOT AT ALL.
very disappointing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not the best benefits & "higher ups" are always right w/no say so from employee
Wonderful Place To Work
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  La PorteFebruary 6, 2013
IU Health La Porte Hospital is a wonderful place to work. I have worked at this facility since I was 16 and have been fortunate enough to be offered several advancement opportunities within the organization. La Porte Hospital truely cares about its colleagues and their personal and professional growth.

In addition, IU Health La Porte Hospital's dedication to customer service puts us a step above the rest. I have the privilage to work with so many fantastic colleagues, who are personally committed to the quality of care each of our patients receives.
Pros
room for advancement, customer service, fantastic colleagues and work environment
Great place to work!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  La Porte, INFebruary 6, 2013
I have been given many wonderful opportunities during my employment with IU Health La Porte Hospital! I have worked for the organization for 6 years, and I never would have imagined that I would have grown so much in a short amount of time. I enjoy the colleagues who I work with on a daily basis. I receive terrific compensation and benefits. There are also many perks that colelagues receive, such as discounts diapers, batteries, cell phones, gym memberships and much more. IU Health La Porte Hospital is a great place to work!
Pros
benefits, discounts, opportunities for growth

2.5