IU Health

IU Health Employer Reviews

Striving to be better
Senior Server Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2015
Typical of most large companies,
it strives to follow the latest productivity trends to improve customer satisfaction, excellence, and performance.
The company I used to know- Gotye
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2014
My position offered an amazing opportunity to get exposed across the system at a very high-level. Unfortunately, my direct supervisor was not a fan and hurt me deeply before my decision to ultimately resign.

I had been with IU Health for several years and only had the best of experiences and had made a lot of friends along the way. I was extremely saddened that my memories are tarnished and relationship to IU Health ended because of 1 person.
Busy and produtive work place with great co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and around
Cons: healthcare and some supervisors
Starting with getting my cart together to cleanrooms on my floor for the day (20-25 patient rooms bathroom and waiting areas). A 15 min break at 9am and a 45min break between 11:45 and 12:30. A lot of talking with patients and\or their visitors. Getting simple things for patients like blanks, water, jello, nurse etc. Seeing patients pull through and some not make it. Every day was different
Productive and fun
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Cons: short lunch breaks
very busy
i learn diffrent things each day and my coworkers are great to work with.the hardest part of my jobs is dealing with upset patients.and what i enjoy is knowing that i can help someone and to let them know that i'm there for them .
Challenging internship
Cardiac Surveillance Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2014
Internship was a great place to get started off working and was always challenging you to learn and be your best on the fly
The only place to go for pediatric care in Indianapolis
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2014
The best pediatric care provided in Indianapolis and surrounding communities.
GOOD ENVIORNMENT
PCT/PCA (Former Employee), Indian, VASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: family enviornment
Cons: new managemnet `
THE WORK WAS CRAZY BUT I HAD GREAT CO-WORKERS
THE PATIENT LOAD WASN'T GREAT
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS CARING TOO MUCH AND NOT BEING ABLE TO HELP EVERYONE AT ONCE
MOST ENJOYABLE PART WATCHING THE PATIENTS THAT RECOVER AND WALK OUT LOOKING BETTER THAN EVER
Great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Mishawka, inAugust 26, 2014
a great place to work, great staff and opportunities. They can get you where you want to stay permanently
Good Employer
Dental Coordinator (Current Employee), Healthnet Community Health CentersAugust 20, 2014
love working with the underserved and uninsured patient's gives you a good feeling
A good place to work for
SPECIALIST-ADMISSIONS (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
I would recommend this work place to anyone. I live working here. It has the most friendly people here all around. I learn something new everyday I work.

All my co-workers are the best. We work so good together and help one another regardless of what going in our lives, we never bring it to work with us. I enjoy every bit of my job and my patients. From making them smile to just making it memoriable experients to them.

In overall IU health to me is and will always be a good place to come and work for.
Busy environment and had to wear many hats.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), IU HealthJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful environment
Health care has become very stressful due to the changes in healthcare policies. They are trying to cut corners and it has affect the way in which they treat people.
organized and focused group with allotment of fun atmosphere
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Muncie, IndianaJune 18, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: hiring freeze
While working for iu health, I was privileged enough to work within an outstanding team that strived for the best. We were led by a active manager who was empathetic and understanding. My coworkers worked well together to achieve the best timeliness possible. Our responsibilities included claims follow-up, active denials, past due accounts, and scrubbing edits to ensure clean claim submission.
Strong direct leadership
Practice Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2014
Pros: strong direct leadership
Cons: far from home
I have enjoyed my work with IU. Currently looking for somewhere closer to home.
Awesome experience with fabulous benefits
School Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: atmosphere not always professional
Best benefit package around! Although, there were a lot of employees who acted like they were in high school making the initial atmosphere undesirable, later on I figured out how to simply ignore that aspect.
Iu health is a good job for people starting out or in school
IDX and Phamis while assisting doctors (Former Employee), indianapois, indianaMay 27, 2014
Pros: pay and locations
Cons: understaffed and micro managed
Over all iu health is a good company it offers fair pay and benfits. The downside is the company is always understaffed and this tend to lead to high stress in some work areas. Iuheath also dose not give a paid lunch so you will be at work for 9hrs a day
One of the top Healthcare's in IN
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
Pros: the opprotunity to work remote from home
Cons: adapting to the several changes that occur within this field.
I was a remote Outpatient Medical coder, coding a variety of specialties. One really needs to possess a since of independence in this field, as although management is available one has to do lot of problem solving on their own.
Great Co-Workers and Wellness benefits
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2014
Pros: culture crew, free wellness services, and yearly check up.
Cons: early mornings, irregular schedule
Get up around 4am, travel to a variety of locations to perform health screenings. I have a staff of about 20 prm employees to perform screenings with me, I create their schedule on a monthly basis. The hardest part of my job is the high turn over rate of employees, due to being a prn job and high and low months of activity, we tend to lose empoyees to other full time positions, therefore I do a lot of new employee orientation and training. Another hard part is the fluxuating hours, one morning I may need to be up at 3am the next morning I have to be up at 6am. I enjoy my employee's whom I spend my day with, I also enjoy getting off of work around 1-2pm. The most rewarding part about the job is the success stories we obtain, we have flagged diabetics, who had no clue they were diabetic. We have encouraged health and wellness system wide and had so many participants say we motivated them to lose weight or get active. Its a great feeling to know you have helped and even changed a life.
Productive and great place to work
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Fishers, INApril 30, 2014
Great environment to work in with knowledgeable managers. Great place to gain experience through daily challenges that will be an asset for resume building.
Corrupt, Unethical, and lack of focus
Systems Analyst Revenue Cycle (Former Employee), North Shadeland AvenueApril 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unethical and immature bosses.
IU Health has a complete lack of moral and ethical values. They operate on a need to know basis with very little knowledge of where things are coming from, going, or what is happening. No job security, and you constantly work in fear of what they will or could do to you next. The corporate culture, and culture in general, is very immature. In such a presence of profound immaturity things you would never believe happen. Inevitably someone you have never even heard of will attempt to stab you in the back for no reason whatsoever.
Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis indianaApril 2, 2014
hard work at first ............. but a comfortable relaxed atmosphere..............

1 2 3 4