IUPUI

IUPUI Employee Reviews

Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2015
Promptly and politely took calls from customers who have needs or concerns
Provided accurate information about the product to customers.
Set up rooms for students for different events
Inform customers on location of rooms inside campus
Productive and Rewarding Environment
System Administrator Intern (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Helpful co-workers, great communication, always learning something new, staying up to date with what is going on in the IT world.
Cons: Only an internship
I learned how an IT department functions on a day to day basis. I learned about server administration, how Active Directory and Group Policy work together, and how a large campus such as IUPUI functions. I learned something new everyday and was challenged regularly, which is probably the part I enjoyed the most.
seasonal position
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
I really enjoyed helping out students and helping/teaching them about circuit analysis and designing/implementing schematics.
good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), School of Computer and information scienceFebruary 4, 2015
IUPUI is my school. I am doing my masters and On-campus part-time job there. I am about to start my work because I got the job just recently. The main work I have to deal in my project is to do the project. I also have to do the grading for the students.
IUPUI
Lead Campus Ambassador for Outreach (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2014
It is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the schedules are flexible.
I love my place of work
College Assistant (Current Employee), IndianapolisNovember 8, 2014
Pros: help with difficult assignments
Cons: part time offer lacking benefits
Typically, I resume work at 9pm, check to see emails from students regarding issues, I answer them as much as I can till I receive an instruction of what to do, which could involve meetings, preparing documents, grading quizzes and preparing notes for presentations.
Through this opportunity, I have learnt leadership skills as regards coordination, tasking and following through, decision making and analysis of information.
I have learnt to manage time, activities and events, which as created an overall activity coordination skill I have and a total control of decisions.
I have been opportuned to work with people who have been so supportive and protective of my career as I look forward to building a path.
knowing that I will leave my colleagues at the end of the semester as become a pill too difficult to chew and I have decided to take it one day at a time. I love the fact that I work among people who want the best for me and who will do all they can to see me grow professionally.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
It is a great experience
Project Voice Mentor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: the chance to work with great individuals
I get the chance to mentor students that are enrolled at both IUPUI and Ivy Tech Community College. I have had the chance to see growth in all of my mentees. Some of the previously stated growth has occurred both academically and personally. I have enjoyed being a positive influence in many of their lives. After I graduate, I look forward to continuing my friendship with my mentees and helping them succeed in any way I can.
Great opportunity
Professional Tutor (Current Employee), IndianapolisSeptember 21, 2014
As a student and tutor at IUPUI I enjoy what I do everyday. I enjoy being able to mentor students and giving them the best advice
wonderful university
Peer-Led Team Learning Mentor (Former Employee), indianapolis, inJuly 28, 2014
Great place to get an education. Leads to so many opportunities.
Adjunct faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2014
Pros: working in higher education
Cons: no healthcare, poor pay quality
Overworked and under paid.

Working with the students was a rewarding experience.

Flex hours was nice. The only set hours to work were when class was in session.

Coworkers were distant.
Good way to make money between classes
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2014
The hours are flexible and it always feels good to help people.
Overall enjoyable
Hourly Mentor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2014
I get the opportunity to always be challenged and to further develop skills that will be useful in my future career.
Loved my boss!
Research assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2014
Pros: wonderfukl experience
Cons: unknown future (funding)
The boss and coworkers were wonderful! I loved every minute working there! The best and most interesting job I have ever had! I researched different affect of alcohol and nicotine on rats. NO day was the same. I was responsible for feeding, weighing, and basic care of the rats. I loved that everything was new and something I had never done before. The hardest part of the job was leaving it, and not knowing the future of the position.
Decent work enviornment
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2014
Pros: travel, basketball as a job, teaching
Cons: pressure based system, no security, must be willing to move
Professional environment with great co workers.
Typical work day would entail checking on players, meeting on agenda and practice plan, watching recruiting videos and or returning emails/ calls, Practice , player development.
Hardest part of this job is the amount of hours that you have to put in to excel.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the players and helping them to be good players as well as good people in the community!
Great job just need benefits
Technical Support Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMarch 19, 2014
This job is a great job you learn a lot about different technology. If you are a Technology person and in school this is a great job for you.
I miss IUPUI
Psychology Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2014
I worked at IUPUI for academic credit u the professional practice program with the psychology department. The positions were incredibly enriching and prepared more for graduate school and work as a psychology professional
Fun learning experience and awesome environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: full time summer job
Cons: it ended once high school started back
I used this job as a fun learning experience. I was a student in high school and learned a lot of valuable skills and went back 3 years in a row. I started out as a volunteer and got put on full time summer help maxing at 42 hours a week
A very good place to work and a wonderful and helpful work enviroment
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: liberal atmosphere, easy going
Cons: healthcare, and short lunches
Iupui is a good company to work for with good benefits for full time employees. They are willing to train you for whatever position and management is very nice and helpful as well. A typical work day consist of transferring,receiving , and making calls. Also being helpful co-workers as well.
Nice work Place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2013
Pros: school environment
Cons: short luch
nice work day