IUPUI Employee Reviews

Educational growth and personal development
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2017
Having the ability to spend a year as a full-time student at this point in my life was a blessing. It allowed me to grow as an individual and have the time to assess what I needed to be doing career wise, while learning more about various aspects of culture and society in the process.
IUPUI Campus Health is the worst department to work for
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2017
This is the worst department of IUPUI to work for. Poor management and tons of favoritism make this a terrible environment. I would not recommend any position with the Student Health Services Dept.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great to work with fellow students
Powertrain Lead (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisFebruary 19, 2017
Being one of the leaders of the Formula Student team was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Long hours, but we learned more than we ever though we would.
Stress full
Building Automation System Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2016
Can be very stress full. lot of open positions.
Learned a lot about MEP design and Controls design.
management seams to be having issues.
co works are great and will be missed
personal management
resolving issue with MEPequipment
Pros
time off
Cons
low pay
Great way to become acquainted with research as an undergrad.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2017
Working as a research assistant was certainly an enjoyable learning experience, especially if you apply for a research of your own interest. I applied to work with 3D printing.
A typical day at work consisted of troubleshooting the printers, ordering new components, and following a mixing procedure for our printing media.
I learned to work with other teammates, as well as collaborate to prevent errors or create better solutions to problems. We set a schedule of what we all wanted to complete in a certain timeframe.
We met once a week with our mentor to discuss progress and gather advice as how to approach our next task. Our mentor provided us with just the right amount of direction, without "hovering" over us while we worked. My teammates were very consistent, and we certainly worked well together. Everyone seemed to carry their own weight. The hardest part of the job was waiting for parts to arrive. Most came from China, so our projects sometimes came to a standstill, as parts would be delayed for weeks. As items arrived, deadlines were soon approaching, so our team would put in extra effort to complete the tasks on time.
I enjoyed learning more about 3D printing and the many possibilities. I have a newfound interest in this field, and have since bought my own printer for personal use.
Pros
$3200 stipend
Cons
long wait times, sometimes late nights
Productive and great place to work
Physician Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work consist of answering phones, checking emails, helping students, and completing paperwork.

This is a great place to work. IUPUI has great benefits and employers work with employees who has a family.
Part-time faculty work
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2017
Using Revit software to draw residential floor plans for a faculty member. Some projects required renderings and specifications to be included. The work was very easy.
Pros
Great faculty
Good Stipend
PhD Student and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2016
The stipend is good. The program is quite new. Being an econometric research intensive program this is a hard PhD to get. Faculty is helpful but not available.
Pros
Stipend
Cons
New
I love my place of work
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisNovember 8, 2014
Typically, I resume work at 9pm, check to see emails from students regarding issues, I answer them as much as I can till I receive an instruction of what to do, which could involve meetings, preparing documents, grading quizzes and preparing notes for presentations.
Through this opportunity, I have learnt leadership skills as regards coordination, tasking and following through, decision making and analysis of information.
I have learnt to manage time, activities and events, which as created an overall activity coordination skill I have and a total control of decisions.
I have been opportuned to work with people who have been so supportive and protective of my career as I look forward to building a path.
knowing that I will leave my colleagues at the end of the semester as become a pill too difficult to chew and I have decided to take it one day at a time. I love the fact that I work among people who want the best for me and who will do all they can to see me grow professionally.
Pros
Help with difficult assignments
Cons
part time offer lacking benefits
Great place to work. Not much upward mobility
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2013
Its a terrific place to work and pretty diverse. As a foreign national, my employer had no problem moving me from an OPT to a work visa. The people are very friendly and work was very stimulating. Perhaps not as much upward career mobility as found in industry settings but I think it was worth my time.
Pros
good healthcare, tuition subsidy, good experience
Cons
no employer matched 401k contributions
Good work environment
Dishwasher/Steward (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2015
My typical day was in the housekeeping department. I was responsible for cleaning and polishing the floors, also cleaning the carpets in various areas around the facility. I liked working with my coworkers and Management, because management cared about their people. The hard part of the job. I was let go because of being young and irresponsible. Now that I am much older and more responsible, I make sure I get to work early and on time. I loved my work very much and have been doing that kind of work in my previous jobs.
Pros
Management, workers, facility, easy to get to.
Cons
I didn't experience any bad parts of the job.
A very good place to work and a wonderful and helpful work enviroment
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2014
Iupui is a good company to work for with good benefits for full time employees. They are willing to train you for whatever position and management is very nice and helpful as well. A typical work day consist of transferring,receiving , and making calls. Also being helpful co-workers as well.
Pros
liberal atmosphere, easy going
Cons
healthcare, and short lunches
Excellent place to learn and work
Training and Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2012
IUPUI has been a great home for me as I have gone to school and worked there for the last 5 years. The people and opportunities that have been presented to me during this time have helped me become an intelligent and hard worker.

I have been challenged during this time and have learned to work with people from all walks of life. I have enjoyed meeting people and learning about the different cultures and helping student continue their goal of getting a higher education.
Great work environment
Natatorium Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 24, 2016
A great place where you will be able to work around your own schedule and work only when you want to work. It is an easy job, but a job in which you have to give it your undivided attention.
Pros
Free Rec pass
Cons
stressful at times
Management was not supportive of employees.
Oral Surgery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2015
Management did not support employees when needed. Ideas were not accepted. Basically worked on a one track mind, while micromanaging, causing employees to not trust boss.
Pros
Employees length of work there
Cons
Micromanagment
Everyone is nice at IUPUI
Senior Capstone Design (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2015
The people at IUPUI are all helpful, from the professors to the staff. I have had trouble taking exams and I received adaptive services assistance in those areas. IUPUI is a focused place, where anyone can succeed and meet their dreams. I recieved my degree in Mechanical Engineering, after all these years, and am ready to find a Full Time job, where I may travel or just live in the country. Whatever happens to me, IUPUI has been 100% leading me in the right direction.
Pros
Happy place.
Cons
Not enough attention to sustainability.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
great place to work
Receptionist- Riley Outpatient Center (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2012
excellent benefits, hard to advance with in department. had to transfer to be recognized
very diverse company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the diversity and helping the students and their patients. I got to meet people from all over the world. A typical day for me was verifying patients insurance and putting the demographics in the computer system. The hardest thing about the job was getting predeterminations approved or seeing how much of the predetermination would be approved.
good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2013
Performed all administrative tasks for the department. I loved working with the management in this department as they were very hardworking and professional, and enjoyable at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IUPUI. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4