IUPUI Employee Reviews

I love my place of work
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisNovember 8, 2014
Typically, I resume work at 9pm, check to see emails from students regarding issues, I answer them as much as I can till I receive an instruction of what to do, which could involve meetings, preparing documents, grading quizzes and preparing notes for presentations.
Through this opportunity, I have learnt leadership skills as regards coordination, tasking and following through, decision making and analysis of information.
I have learnt to manage time, activities and events, which as created an overall activity coordination skill I have and a total control of decisions.
I have been opportuned to work with people who have been so supportive and protective of my career as I look forward to building a path.
knowing that I will leave my colleagues at the end of the semester as become a pill too difficult to chew and I have decided to take it one day at a time. I love the fact that I work among people who want the best for me and who will do all they can to see me grow professionally.
Pros
help with difficult assignments
Cons
part time offer lacking benefits
Everyone is nice at IUPUI
Senior Capstone Design (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2015
The people at IUPUI are all helpful, from the professors to the staff. I have had trouble taking exams and I received adaptive services assistance in those areas. IUPUI is a focused place, where anyone can succeed and meet their dreams. I recieved my degree in Mechanical Engineering, after all these years, and am ready to find a Full Time job, where I may travel or just live in the country. Whatever happens to me, IUPUI has been 100% leading me in the right direction.
Pros
Happy place.
Cons
Not enough attention to sustainability.
Decent work enviornment
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2014
Professional environment with great co workers.
Typical work day would entail checking on players, meeting on agenda and practice plan, watching recruiting videos and or returning emails/ calls, Practice , player development.
Hardest part of this job is the amount of hours that you have to put in to excel.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the players and helping them to be good players as well as good people in the community!
Pros
travel, basketball as a job, teaching
Cons
pressure based system, no security, must be willing to move
A challenging and fun environment to work in.
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2012
This job taught me a wealth of communication and professional skills. I had the opportunity to work under excellent individuals that wanted to see the success of not only the students, but their workers as well.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the multitude of personalities that came through on a daily basis and being able to adjust to each personality instintaneously.
The most enjoyable aspect by far was the environment. It was so vibrant and enjoyable and everyday was something new.
Well the work force is fun to get along with others and enjoy working with others.
research assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2012
The task at hand was fun to get to know people and enjoy others far as we got the job done. I learned that we are more in risk to different disease we are unprotected, and also that it is a great field to work in . I was great with working in a business form and had great co-workers on my side. The hardest part of my job was communicating with mexicans and speaking their language. Thing that I enjoy was that people were interested in what we was doing and understood what we was doing.
Productive and Rewarding Environment
System Administrator Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
I learned how an IT department functions on a day to day basis. I learned about server administration, how Active Directory and Group Policy work together, and how a large campus such as IUPUI functions. I learned something new everyday and was challenged regularly, which is probably the part I enjoyed the most.
Pros
Helpful co-workers, great communication, always learning something new, staying up to date with what is going on in the IT world.
Cons
Only an internship
It is a great experience
Project Voice Mentor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2014
I get the chance to mentor students that are enrolled at both IUPUI and Ivy Tech Community College. I have had the chance to see growth in all of my mentees. Some of the previously stated growth has occurred both academically and personally. I have enjoyed being a positive influence in many of their lives. After I graduate, I look forward to continuing my friendship with my mentees and helping them succeed in any way I can.
Pros
the chance to work with great individuals
Excellent place to learn and work
Training and Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2012
IUPUI has been a great home for me as I have gone to school and worked there for the last 5 years. The people and opportunities that have been presented to me during this time have helped me become an intelligent and hard worker.

I have been challenged during this time and have learned to work with people from all walks of life. I have enjoyed meeting people and learning about the different cultures and helping student continue their goal of getting a higher education.
Loved my boss!
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2014
The boss and coworkers were wonderful! I loved every minute working there! The best and most interesting job I have ever had! I researched different affect of alcohol and nicotine on rats. NO day was the same. I was responsible for feeding, weighing, and basic care of the rats. I loved that everything was new and something I had never done before. The hardest part of the job was leaving it, and not knowing the future of the position.
Pros
wonderfukl experience
Cons
unknown future (funding)
Great place to work. Not much upward mobility
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2013
Its a terrific place to work and pretty diverse. As a foreign national, my employer had no problem moving me from an OPT to a work visa. The people are very friendly and work was very stimulating. Perhaps not as much upward career mobility as found in industry settings but I think it was worth my time.
Pros
good healthcare, tuition subsidy, good experience
Cons
no employer matched 401k contributions
Good learning environment.
Quantity Takeoff Grader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, In.May 2, 2013
Stydent lab work typically would take me about four hours to grade and make notes. All work was done by computer so I could grade from anywhere. The professor was great to work for, his door was always open to me.
Pros
getting to know staff on a more personal level.
Cons
pay wasn't very good, but i was doing it for the experience.
A very good place to work and a wonderful and helpful work enviroment
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2014
Iupui is a good company to work for with good benefits for full time employees. They are willing to train you for whatever position and management is very nice and helpful as well. A typical work day consist of transferring,receiving , and making calls. Also being helpful co-workers as well.
Pros
liberal atmosphere, easy going
Cons
healthcare, and short lunches
very diverse company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the diversity and helping the students and their patients. I got to meet people from all over the world. A typical day for me was verifying patients insurance and putting the demographics in the computer system. The hardest thing about the job was getting predeterminations approved or seeing how much of the predetermination would be approved.
Fun learning experience and awesome environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2014
I used this job as a fun learning experience. I was a student in high school and learned a lot of valuable skills and went back 3 years in a row. I started out as a volunteer and got put on full time summer help maxing at 42 hours a week
Pros
full time summer job
Cons
it ended once high school started back
Great time with work-study
Reading Coach/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2013
This was my first job working with children. It was a lot of fun and very educational. I worked with preschoolers, so a lot of my day consisted of putting out art projects and supervising them during playground time and lunchtime.
Great eduational environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2015
The majority of the professors are helpful, considerate, and enjoy their profession. I found the students much the same. However, their financial aid department does not fully do their job to the standards that would be beneficial to the students.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
poor financial aid department, overpriced
good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  School of Computer and information scienceFebruary 4, 2015
IUPUI is my school. I am doing my masters and On-campus part-time job there. I am about to start my work because I got the job just recently. The main work I have to deal in my project is to do the project. I also have to do the grading for the students.
Information Specialist
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  AdmissionsAugust 15, 2012
This was a good entry level position; very rewarding to assist in the overall vision of the IUPUI Campus. The experience was invaluable
Pros
exposure to what it takes to enroll in college
Cons
you can get stuck in one position if you are not careful.
Adjunct faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2014
Overworked and under paid.

Working with the students was a rewarding experience.

Flex hours was nice. The only set hours to work were when class was in session.

Coworkers were distant.
Pros
working in higher education
Cons
no healthcare, poor pay quality
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2015
Promptly and politely took calls from customers who have needs or concerns
Provided accurate information about the product to customers.
Set up rooms for students for different events
Inform customers on location of rooms inside campus

4.4