IUPUI Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor Computers for Educators
Adjunct Professor Computers (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2018
 Course curriculum presented via ONCOURSE-online learning environment
 Microsoft Office Applications
 Computer Hardware and Software Information
 Internet usage with curriculum enhancement and distance
Pros
Excellent leadership
Cons
Part-time basis
great started job
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2018
IUPUI is a great place to work not to mention how affordable the benefits are. It does get a bit stressful at times but I believe all jobs are. Great professional people to work with and a beautiful atmosphere.
Fun workplace where I got to learn more about BI tools and multiple databases
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2018
I was a Data Analyst Programmer at IUPUI. It was my part-time job there.

My workplace was one of the most challenging workplaces that I loved to work.
Iupui
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2018
Outstanding place to work. Loved teaching there. This was part time and it did not include any benefits. At that time, I needed benefits so I moved over to a different job. I would teach at IUPUI in a heartbeat.
It's a great learning institution.
fun
Researcher (Former Employee) –  indyJanuary 10, 2018
mendation in coordination with Wholesale and Production Planning
Analyze inventory performance to determine inventory liability and profitability
Provide reporting for all inventory risks and opportunities to support Operations and Management
Create reports for Inventory Control Manager identifying performance against current and future proposed plans.
Provide inventory quantity (inventory vs forecast) and weekly (inventory position) metrics
Support New Product Development, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Sales with analysis and reporting for material run out, stranded risk, and material transition t
Summer Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2018
I had a great experience working as an intern and researcher at IUPU and learned a lot. The research was very successful and got published. we had a team of 3 members, me, a mechanical engineer and a computer engineer.
Great School Job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2017
IUPUI offers great jobs for students hoping to further their careers and academic understanding. The professors enjoy working with young people and building them into better students/employees/people.
Friendly staff and environment
Passport Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2017
We have loved to worked for longer time, but it was a work study postilion. Would recommend this job for any current IUPUI student. Especially, as an internship!
Gained a lot of experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my 10 years working there. Gained a lot of experience in construction and maintenance. They had good benefits. Was a good environment to work in.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Support Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2017
The people and the atmosphere are very welcoming
the tasks assigned were not stressful
relaxed environment
no friction with any peers
the supervisors work with you and are always there to provide assistance
Opportunity to provide college students with practical officiating experience
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2017
A program to provide insight to students that want to experience officiating. Provided a non competitive format to learn the basic skills required and job knowledge
Pros
Flexible Schedule and time committment
Cons
Never a full class from school promotion side of the class
4 Stars
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2017
Typical day at work is good
Learned a lot
Management is great
Workplace culture is great. Diversity is good
No hard part of the job
Most enjoyable part of the job was to connect with people from different cultures.
Fun workplace!
Parking Garage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2017
Very god and friendly work environment. Easy to get along with and explained the job well. Lots of different people to work with Lots of cultural diversity. Good breaks and always gave you something to work on.
Pros
On Campus. easy to get to class
Cons
no real cons
Fun, interactive job with many responsibilities.
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2017
One day would include getting there at early hours and not leaving until 11 pm. It was fast paced and as a leader, one must be on toes at all times. I learned leadership and time management skills being on IUPUI's Oteam. As a student or parent leader, we would take students/ parents to destinations or seminars along with answering any questions they might have. The hardest part of being an orientation leader would be the hours required to work and all the constant knowledge, of the whole campus, we needed to know.
Great learning experience and competitive pay for campus work
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2017
IUPUI is a great employer for a student there. The mathematics assistance center provides me with work to help pay my bills while also being work that is in my area of study, improving my skills with math. Management is predominately peers and there are options to advance to those better paid positions. Working with peers and helping peers as customers improved my ability to work with equals but take the lead.
Great Benefits, Culture and Balance
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
The coworkers are undoubtedly the best part of the job--all are intelligent, vibrant, and compassionate people. You will also meet an amazing variety of international students and students from pretty much every socioeconomic background.

On the flip side, your wage pretty much stays the same. It's not the fault of the immediate superior but is rather simply the way the university is structured. Stagnant wage is one thing, but the wage itself is incredibly low for the type of work.
Pros
Benefits, Balance
Cons
Parking, Traffic
Volunteer
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
Volunteering at IUPUI is amazing. I was a volunteer there for one of my course requirements and I had a lot of fun and I also was able to make lifelong connections!
Great work culture as well as great co-workers
Student Help (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2017
A typical day at work for me was helping students at the dorms with issues they are experiencing. Anything from repairing window units to guiding them through campus. Working through IUPUI I was able to work on my peoples skills and was able to meet goals set by management. The workplace culture was very balanced and being a student they would help adjust a work schedule that helped you the most. The hardest part of the job would be finding parking at work, so typically you would have to walk quite a bit away due to having no student parking near the dorm. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with the team at IUPUI who are always there to help you out.
The Math Assistance Center is a wonderful place to work.
D1-Level Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2017
The Math Assistance Center at IUPUI is a welcoming and fun environment to collaborate with other tutors and students to help students learn mathematics. The pay is good, the managers are great, and the director is amazing.

In general, expectations are clear. Other tutors and managers are helpful if you get stuck on a problem. The hardest thing to deal with is keeping up with helping students during busy times. Often, there will be ten students to every tutor, however it is rare for every student to ask a question at once. In those cases, multiple students can have the same question answered together reducing work load.
Pros
Easy-going, flexible schedule, friendly environment
Cons
25 hour/week cap typically no more than 20
Productive and fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
My time working for IUPUI was a very beneficial and eye-opening experience for me. The workplace culture was very welcoming and professional, and it gave me an idea of what to expect from a workplace.