IVI International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 6, 2016
This facility is the same as CBRE (previous review). I enjoyed my job because it was very diversified. I didn't always do the same thing every day.
Project Manager (Property Condition Assessments)
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 28, 2014
I have been a project manager for four years within the Property Condition Assessment group. During my tenure, I have had the opportunity to grow from performing debt-level surveys to more complex equity work and specialized moisture intrusion and infrared surveys.

Our management team is always challenging us for professional development, encouraging us find niche areas of expertise. In-house presentations on focused topics are given regularly by our PM’s from across the country.

One of the biggest positives I find of the role is the variety of daily work. The position has the best of being both a field job and a desk job (split roughly about 50% of the time). It gives opportunities to work collaboratively across our in-house teams, consultants, clients and other members of the commercial real estate industry encountered in the field; As well as the opportunity to work independently while assembling actual reports. Due diligence surveying contains shorter project schedules verses the more traditional design and engineering industry. One is always working on something new and exciting!

An IVI project manager is someone that should be adventurous and enjoying confronting the unknown. The job requires good self and time management skills and the flexibility to travel on short notice. A project manager should be able to travel fluidly (stress-free) and enjoy the experience of it.
Pros
interesting/diverse work, travel opportunities
No "Management" responsibilities here even though that's what they advertise.
Can't say (Former Employee) –  Red Oak LaneFebruary 11, 2014
The PMO work is as repetitive as factory work. You have virtually zero responsibility except to point out peculiarities if there are any and then you have absolutely no authority. Someone else said they want blood from a stone, perfect description. Management has no experience except doing the same thing over and over. Tasks assigned are often just more "make work" ideas they pick up that have no value in the business they're in.
Pros
You can get out of the office and the pay is decent but will NEVER be good.
Cons
IVI is managed like a factory, you are a robot and if they can make you more "efficient" they will.
Stay away
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  West Harrison, NYOctober 26, 2013
Family-run organization has too many people who have never worked elsewhere. Cheap & clueless about how to manage for optimal performance. Want blood from a stone.
Nobody is happy, high turnover
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 22, 2013
This company is a joke. Their turnover is really high, that's why they always have jobs listed. Nobody was happy with their job. I was friendly with a few people from different departments and everyone was pretty disgruntled. They want you to work through your lunches and work late frequently. Their HR department is the worst and their complete indifference to their employees needs was a hot topic with my peers. They started my salary really low, but promised rapid advancement. They laid me off within a month after going through a lengthy hiring process. They told me they hired too many people and were cutting back. What a waste of time, stay at your current job if you can or find something else.
Pros
convenient commute
Cons
high turnover, unhappy work environment, short breaks, poor human resource department, small cubicles, poor training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IVI International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8