Ivinson Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Enjoyed my job
Guest Relations / Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed my job. I helped people with questions and also helped the marketing department with news letter and anything else they needed me to do. I also worked in the gift shop.
Pros
Good working enviornment.
Cons
Location of the desk was very cold
Supportive work environment that fosters innovation in employees
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 7, 2017
Ivinson provides an opportunity for employees to be challenged and grow. I am continually offered opportunities to innovate on processes and strategies that will enhance the mission of my department and Ivinson. I feel supported by management and my colleagues.
Pros
Healthcare Insurance, employee culture, payroll deduct options, administrative support
Cons
PTO/Holidays are less than previous employment in the government sector
Location in local area.
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WY 82072January 29, 2017
Work day:Good, sometimes worked different areas.
Learned valuable skills.
Management: Good.
Work place culture: Good.
Hardest part of job: None.
Most enjoyable part of job: Working with great people..
Pros
Gaining experience.
Cons
Low pay.
Difficult place to work with changing administrations
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 14, 2015
While the employees at Ivinson Memorial Hospital are for the most part intelligent and hard working, the constant change in administrations makes it a difficult place to work. There are many changes in the software which are dictated by the administration and which make it difficult to work there. Not only does the software have to be learned, in most cases it also has to be built. The best part of this job was that the staff provided a caring environment for our patients.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Constant change in administration
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYAugust 14, 2015
I worked at Ivinson for two years as a sterile processing technician and had a great time there. The staff is friendly and willing to work around your schedule and help you achieve. I would highly recommend working there.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 18, 2014
I absolutely love my job as an RT at IMH. As a new grad working in a small hospital it gave me the opportunity to learn about specialty procedures and testing and gave me experience with acute care, emergency resuscitation, neonate and pediatric experience. The only draw back is the hourly pay for the responsibilities required is insufficient.
Pros
exposure to acute care experience
Cons
pay/compensation is low
Perpetually Understaffed
Tech (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 15, 2014
My position at IMH allows for relatively flexible scheduling and the benefits are hard to beat. However, my department is always short on staff leading to higher levels of stress and increased amounts of work. Turnover is high as a result, thus perpetuating the problem.
Pros
Flexible schedule, health benifits, paid time off
Cons
Understaffed, no room for advancement, pay is fairly low
A good place to work depending on which department you were working for.
Certified Medical Coder, CPC (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 30, 2014
The coding department was in a constant state of chaos at any given moment. I very much enjoyed coding although, at the end, we were given numerous billing assignments and other projects that did not include much coding. There were serious management issues in the coding department. There was not much "team work" as far as co-workers went. The hardest part of the job was watching the in-house coding disappear as soon as our boss decided to start out-sourcing it. The most enjoyable part of the job was CODING! I love to code!
Pros
Great benefits all around.
Cons
Major management and communication issues.
Enjoyed working in a hospital setting
Medicare Biller and Charge Capture Auditor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 5, 2014
Started the day with ED charge capture for IV solutions which was very interesting and challenging. I enjoyed working with the nurses in the ED to help determine coding and charge capture. I was able to spend time in the ED learning different procedures for better understanding my job. Working with the Special Procedures Unit nurses to better understand the coding and time capture for chemo patients. My supervisor helped with any issues that arose and I enjoyed working with her. Worked well with my fellow billing staff to solve any problems with insurance billing issues.
Learning new information about anything in the medical arena is always a plus.
Pros
Perks for employees throughout the year-jackets, meals, employee recognition days.
Cons
Administration did not always work well with employees issues.
Company is wonerful and has great job sucurity.
Staff Plumber/ Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 23, 2014
If I was moving back to Texas I would totally go back to work for this company. The guys I worked with were great we made a great team.
Feels like you are in a prison not a respected and valued employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 21, 2013
Juvenile delinquents at the local junior high school get treated with more trust, respect and personal consideration than the employees at Ivinson Memorial Hosptial. 10 years ago it was a great place to work. Since that time it has progressivly gone down hill. The past CEO and human resources department has driven this employer down to one of the worst places to work in over 150 miles. Hopefully for the sakes of the employees the new CEO that just started can turn this place around to be the respected and enjoyed hospital it USED to be.
Fine place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 16, 2013
There are a lot of management issues, but I learned a lot about myself.
overall fun place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 8, 2013
I love the job I did. The people are fun and for the most part out to help others. It is important to give others a smile and kind word especially when they are feeling poorly.
Great place
Psych Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 16, 2013
This hospital offers a wide range of opportunities for medical staff and they are located in Laramie near the UW so you have many outdoor activities and a great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ivinson Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ivinson Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location