SENIOR MANAGER OF FINANCIAL AID ADVISING
We seek to provide the most effective and personalized pathway for learners to achieve a quality university education.
Success in this role means:
- The ability to supervise financial aid representatives for both incoming and continuing students.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Manages and supervises all financial aid processes for estimating and awarding student loans, grants, and scholarship packages.
- Develops and monitors the Financial Aid budget including personnel needs, departmental operating expenses.
- Reconciles student receivable accounts with the Business Office.
- Applies federal laws and regulations; college policies and regulations; and state regulations relating to the delivery of student financial assistance.
- Oversees all administrative functions of the Financial Aid Office by supervising, providing ongoing professional development, and evaluating all employees.
- Works with Registration and Bursar to ensure that the College has exception-free Financial Aid audits and program reviews by keeping abreast of and implementing all federal and state laws and regulations that pertain to programs administered by the Financial Aid Office.
- Develops and directs financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the College and by administering financial aid, scholarships and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
- Contributes to student satisfaction through delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of the administration of financial aid.
- Ensures that students are informed about their eligibility for financial aid by developing and directing a system for collecting and evaluating applications.
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees.
- Creates and disseminates projections of financial aid data.
- Setting and monitoring Financial Aid Advisors goals and expectations through monitoring weekly call reports, completion percentages and Student Satisfaction Survey results.
- Maintains Financial Aid Policies to maintain government compliance.
- Lead weekly team meetings with Financial Aid staff, conduct 1-on-1 meetings with Financial Aid staff, attend campus department meetings to represent the Financial Aid staff and attend Manager Meetings to represent the Financial Aid department.
- Training and developing new employees and take part in the interviewing of employees for the Financial Aid and other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills, including daily management of staff, training, coaching to improve performance, performance reviews, interviewing and hiring.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of student information systems, financial aid systems, Microsoft Office products is strongly preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse student body.
- Ability to commit to a team-building approach and manage a diverse employee population.
- Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and objectives in a professional manner.
- Must exhibit excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, administrative skills, counseling/advising skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, parents, and outside agencies regarding sensitive and confidential financial matters.
- Previous financial aid or educational sales background is preferred.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings is also required.
Altius Education is creating a new model for US higher education focused on student success.
Ivy Bridge College is America’s transfer college, providing a direct path and support services for students to pursue an associate degree online, then transfer to one of over 150 public and private four-year partner institutions across the United States. Created through a joint venture agreement with Tiffin University of Ohio and Altius Education, Ivy Bridge offers students the personalized mentoring, academic foundation, and transfer opportunities they need to successfully transfer to the four-year bachelor’s degree program of their choice and complete their degree.
To learn more about Altius Education and our mission, vision and guiding principles, visit our website: http://altiused.com/about
Position: Senior Manager of Financial Aid Advising
Salary & employment type: Salary, Full Time
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Work schedule: 40 hours a week, flexibility with nights and weekends.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) in student personnel or related area and a minimum of three years of increased administrative responsibilities for financial aid programs at a college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Applicant should send resume and cover letter.
Ivy Bridge College of Tiffin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 14 months ago