STUDENT ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST
A Student Accounts Specialist is responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable balances for the University. Individuals are responsible for collecting outstanding student account balances. The ability to communicate with a diverse population and exemplify a high level of customer service is required by all Student Accounts Specialist.
We seek to provide the most effective and personalized pathway for learners to achieve a quality university education.
Success in this role means:
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service while being responsible for fielding inbound calls and making outbound calls to current and former students regarding their outstanding student account balances with Ivy Bridge College.
- Field inbound calls and make outbound collection calls in a professional manner
- Set up payment plans
- Researching account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Performing account reconciliations
- Outbound calls to students with upcoming payments and unpaid balances
- Provide customers with payoff information
- Creating and distributing past due letters
- Communications with credit reporting agencies
- Assist with the calculation of the provision for bad debt
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller, Assistant Controller, Manager of Student Accounts and/or Bursar
- Timely follow up with students and other departments
- Process and post payments to student accounts
- Assist in scheduling student stipend checks
- Assist in maintaining documents in Image Now
- Assist students with various student accounts opportunities, such as employer reimbursement & the Stuart Freedman Bridge Loan
- Assist with the Reentry Admissions procedure
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be very detail oriented and possess exceptional customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Assertive, diplomatic, highly objective, self-starter
- Must have strong negotiating skills with WIN/WIN results
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have solid follow up
- Strong collections experience with knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills
- Superb planning & organizational skills in order to maintain documented collection activities
- Must be collaborative and able to work interdependently with other departments
- Must be adaptable to changing work environments
- Ability to analyze and reconcile student accounts
- Must have some knowledge and experience working with student financial aid and Federal Title IV regulations/procedures
Altius Education is creating a new model for US higher education focused on student success.
Ivy Bridge College is America’s transfer college, providing a direct path and support services for students to pursue an associate degree online, then transfer to one of over 150 public and private four-year partner institutions across the United States. Created through a joint venture agreement with Tiffin University of Ohio and Altius Education, Ivy Bridge offers students the personalized mentoring, academic foundation, and transfer opportunities they need to successfully transfer to the four-year bachelor’s degree program of their choice and complete their degree.
To learn more about Altius Education and our mission, vision and guiding principles, visit our website: http://altiused.com/about
Position: Student Accounts Specialist
Salary & employment type: Hourly, Full Time
Reports to: Manager of Student Accounts
Work schedule: 40 hours a week, including 2 to 3 late nights 11am – 8pm
Education: Associate's Degree Required
Location: Toledo, Ohio