Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College United States Employee Reviews

Very Relaxing Place to work at!
Student Support Services Tutor (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 13, 2015
Really enjoy working at Ivy tech. The Managers and staff are very helpful and great to work for. I will like to advance someday within there corporation.
Excellent customer service and work ethics
Cashier-Dining Services (Current Employee), South Bend, INApril 9, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: want 40 hours
cashiering, balance of cash drawer, stocking, cleaning. The hardest part of my job is filling the soda case. The most enjoyable is meeting staff and students.
I was part of that journey for students
Exam Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, In.April 5, 2015
Arrive at work, take report, check for exams coming up on your shift. Register the students as they arrive for exam, largely computerized. When they are finished, we will receive their scores or they will by mail. At the end of day, take report, shut down machines. distribute test result where appropriate, Lock up.
Educational Facility
Technician- Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), South Bend, INApril 1, 2015
Most of the instructors are very good cultivating a positive and achievable advancement structure.

In the IT Department we are a fairly close knit team. We support each other in all aspects of our goals, achievements and daily problem solving and solution resolution.

I am a better IT person because of my experience at Ivy Tech Community college and the team I am a part of.
Great Experience
Admissions Department Assistant (Former Employee), Gary, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Assisting others hands on and proivding info
Cons: Shifts were chaotic
Assisted students with questions and computer issues. I learned how much I really do enjoy being a help to others and assisting others. Management was very relaxed but always firm on what they wanted. Hardest part was training, I had to learn a lot. The students and employees made the day go by so much faster with the positive environment they created.
I loved this job
Tutor (Former Employee), Kokomo, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Loved helping the students
Cons: only a part time job
Enjoyed helping students learn
Kept me sharp with my own knowledge
people work good together
keeping up with the new skills levels
Great Place to work
Academic Training Professional (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: Pay
The pay is not good, but every other aspect of the job is great.

I work as an adjunct faculty member, so I don't have to deal with other employees too often.

The most enjoyable part of my day is teaching my class.
Educational Institution
Business Assistant- Office Manager (Current Employee), Anderson, INMarch 22, 2015
Pros: educational facility- helping to provide good quality care
Cons: low income people needing much assistance. especially, children and we have to refer them to outside sources
I see a volume of 70-120 patients a week..Co-workers and Supervisor are great..

I am dealing with 14-28 hygienists a day as well as patients.
Unfortunately, Due to Affordable Health Care Act I lost many hours and I am seeking full time employment.
Great Learning Environment
Student Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: having to juggle work and school
As a Student Worker, it gave me time to keep using my practicle work abiliities while attending college. I was able to assist those behind me to learn to move ahead. Educators and Staff were very professional.
Great Experience!
Volunteer for "A Reason to Taste" (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot about what it takes to be in the hospitality business. It was a wonderful team building experience that I will never forget.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR GENERAL PURPOSE & SCOPE OF POSITION
Assistant Director (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 11, 2015
Innovative professional who complements the Director in the leadership of a comprehensive unit that includes developing and implementing career exploration activities; providing job search assistance; assisting in the expansion of employer relations activities; casual supervision of part-time staff and student workers.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, INMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work hours
In a typical day I will talk to students and direct them to the correct person or correct department. During certain semesters I will create projects and plan special events. I manage the work study in our department and have trained other employees in other areas. When anybody here at the School needs help a lot of time they contact me.
New for me at teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Madison, INFebruary 23, 2015
I got into teaching to help the college out for one semester.. and found that I absolutely loved teaching..to bring my knowledge to the table and share with others was great....
Teaching is a wonderful opportunity loved working with the students.
Instructor (Former Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: loved teh freedom to be creative
Cons: no training or mentoring from management
A typical work day could be teaching 1 - 3 classes and interacting with student wanting to learn. When you show a student you care about their education they intend to want to learn. I had many great experiences educating students and watching them grow from the knowledge and finding the answers within them selves (self-discovery). The co-workers in my department were helpful and wonderful to work with. The hardest part of the job was not being tenure and never knowing if you would be there another semester. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating students and building relationships.
customer service work
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
helped with financial aid and helped parents with question and phone call. It was part time I had fun. management was horrible and I am glad i don't work there anymore
Underpaid
Adjunct Faculty Political Science (Current Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 16, 2015
You only want to work as an adjunct faculty if you really enjoy your subject area. You won't want to do it for the money alone.
Ivy Tech Instructor
Teacher (Current Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 16, 2015
At Ivy Tech I have taught from 1 to 5 classes per semester. Prior to the start of each class I have to prepare for the days activities. I grade papers and post them on Blackboard. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching students a subject that will enhance their career. There really isn't a hard part to this job.
Great place to learn
o Laboratory technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 14, 2015
One of the best jobs I have ever had. major opportunities to expand outside of my primary field of study. Great management and amazing communication.
Wonderful work culture with outstanding benefits.
LRC Technician (Current Employee), Kokomo, INFebruary 12, 2015
Exciting and interesting workplace that focuses on diversity in staff and students. Opportunities for everyone.
The days are not the same, with the constant flow of students and instructors requiring assistance. People get along well with each other and are willing to assist whenever needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant flow of change, information, and knowledge being exchanged.
Good Place to Work
Professor (Current Employee), INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: too many hats to wear.
Excellent environment for students to gain support from a small community and for educators to see the impact in what they do every day. Primary focus is student success.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ivy Tech Community College

About Us: Ivy Tech is the largest singly accredited community college system in the nation serving the entire state of Indiana – Read more

Ivy Tech Community College Salaries