Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

Wonderful Begining
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: location, student interaction, community partnerships
Cons: organizational structure, pay rate
Ivy Tech is a wonderful to begin your professional experience and networking opportunity. This job requires multi-tasking, while balancing budgets and processing travel and day-to-day administrative processes.
Awesome place to work!
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Work according to my availability, created my own schedule
Cons: was per semester as needed, not full time or part time, None of the benifits especially tuition reimbursment
Ivy Tech Community College was a wonderful place to learn, and grow, as a student and a person. The things i learned while attending school there, are invaluable. The skills i obtained will help me throughout the rest of my continued pursuit of education.
Enjoyable place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Richmond, INJuly 27, 2015
Ivy Tech is a great area for any student interested in being the Student Ambassador to work. You have a chance to connect with students while working towards bettering the community.
Kokomo Event and Conference Center hold a wide array of events.
EVENT CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 21, 2015
Very exciting meeting and working with new people that rent space from us. The best part is to help a client complete their vision of what they want their show to look like, and have an successful event is the icing on the cake.
Excellent Work Environment
Professional Work Study (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free printing in the computer labs
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day would be greeting students, filing important documentation such as class registration documents, change of address/name/campus documents, and financial aid documents. I learned many things such as how to pay for college, how to talk to customers, and how to file documents in an organized fashion. Management was great. The manager would help you step by step to acquire all the knowledge needed to exceed company expectations. Co-workers were also friendly. The hardest part of the job would be explaining to students about their situation of not receiving financial aid. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to socialize with many students.
Educational Institution
Adjunct Professor in Human Services (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work for and great opportunities are continuous. I had to learn to be patient with learners who could not see their errors in their learning. The most challenging part of the job was students who were negative and influential to others. The most rewarding component was to see progress happen in the lives of students.
IvyTech Community College
Adjunct Instructor for AutomotiveTechnology (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Rewarding to see students grow and learn.
Cons: Obamacare is the big reason for quiting, The 58 mile oneway drive to the College
I enjoyed the people i worked with. I usually went in early to prepare the classroom for my classes. The sign in sheets, and other material i may need to print and have ready for the students. The coworkers were great we all worked together for the betterment of the students. The hardest part of the job was getting some of the students motivated in learning their lessons. Getting the students to read their lessons was challenging, it also was rewarding to see the students grow to understand that reading and knowledge was important. So that way they could further their careers in the automotive technology.
Productive challenging
Team Lead Regional Resource - Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2015
Training, supervising and monitoring. Enjoyed working with a wonderful team of customer service representatives. Learned to work with different operating systems. The best part of my position was creatively motivating my team to meet their goals in providing the best service to the clients.
Learned to become a teacher
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJune 29, 2015
This was my first teaching college job. I really enjoyed it, became close to al other professors and made a great impact in all my students. This was the start of my professional career and l am looking forward to teach again like all the opportunities given at Ivy Tech,
Wonderful
Chef Instructor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
As an instructor it was a very fulfilling job. Helping to teach others about the culinary world and shaping young people to become better stewards and productive members of the workforce.
Acacdemic Advising Ivy Tech students
Academic Advising Clerk (Current Employee), Muncie, INJune 28, 2015
Pros: Flexabile schedule and working within a multi-discipline team of professionals
Cons: Part-time position
Throughout my employment at Ivy Tech Community College I have been fortunate enough to be part of team of professionals whom are dedicated to building positive relationships with perspective and current students. These relationships are focused upon creating academic pathways to empower students to reach their personal and professional goals. I have learned the skills necessary to assess the students strengths and encourage them to strive for excellence.
Wouldn't waste your time
Office admin (Former Employee), IndianaJune 15, 2015
Pros: Nice classrooms, pay isn't terrible, some of the people aren't so bad
Cons: Everything else
They only care about the people in management positions. If doing something hurtful to others will get them ahead they will do it. Learn to have a backbone quickly if accepting a job with them.
Ivy Tech is full of leadership, community commitment, and family.
Academic Administrative Secretarial Specialist (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 14, 2015
This company is an amazing company and organization to work for. I am in love with my job and the administrative staff that I work with, as well as the students that I provide excellent customer with. Ivy Tech gives the upmost respect to their students, they hire the best staff to care for the students, and we give our best in every situation.
Great college to attend
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2015
Great college to attend, but working there was not as enjoyable. Several management individuals that I encountered on a regular basis were uncaring and not fun to be around.
The Office
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2015
A normal day of filing answering the phone and talking to students. When mid-terms and finals start it is very busy and a lot of running around. Its a blast never a dull moment during those times.
Fun place to work
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 22, 2015
I loved working here with all of the different students! There are so many staff and students to work with that it's hard not to love it!
Adjunct Life
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 18, 2015
Worked as adjunct faculty, didn't really feel apart of the Ivy Tech Community. Really nice facilities and classrooms.
I enjoy the work I do with the students.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Marion, INMay 13, 2015
The level of activity varies from day to day and depends on the time in the school year. We keep very busy during registration periods.

I have learned there are many kinds of people coming to a community college for all kinds of reasons. It is a joy when each student completes their degree and reach their goal.

I have a great VP and enjoy working with her very much. I also enjoy the co-workers in my immediate area. Most have been great to work with.

The hardest part is keeping up with the changes and how they are communicated. The most is enjoyable is helping a student who was afraid to come and apply for school and later see them be reach their educational goals.
only a temp job
PT secretary, testing center, and attendant (Current Employee), Kokomo, INMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great people, students, and college.
Cons: wished it could be fulltime
I fill in when someone is sick or on vacation. My duties are to answer the phone, administer tests in testing center, meet the needs of students and instructors, open and or close the school after business hours and classes.
Awesome Experience
HVAC/R Instructor (Current Employee), South Bend, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Passing my knowledge and experience on to others
Cons: The school admin seems to be very undecisive in all matters
I absolutely love the work, co-workers, and students. The benefits are great once you are hired in full-time, but I have been waiting for 6 months for full-time employment after being told prior to hiring that it was a full-time position.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ivy Tech Community College

About Us: Ivy Tech is the largest singly accredited community college system in the nation serving the entire state of Indiana – Read more

Ivy Tech Community College Salaries