Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employer Reviews

Teaching is a wonderful opportunity loved working with the students.
Instructor (Former Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: loved teh freedom to be creative
Cons: no training or mentoring from management
A typical work day could be teaching 1 - 3 classes and interacting with student wanting to learn. When you show a student you care about their education they intend to want to learn. I had many great experiences educating students and watching them grow from the knowledge and finding the answers within them selves (self-discovery). The co-workers in my department were helpful and wonderful to work with. The hardest part of the job was not being tenure and never knowing if you would be there another semester. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating students and building relationships.
customer service work
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
helped with financial aid and helped parents with question and phone call. It was part time I had fun. management was horrible and I am glad i don't work there anymore
Underpaid
Adjunct Faculty Political Science (Current Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 16, 2015
You only want to work as an adjunct faculty if you really enjoy your subject area. You won't want to do it for the money alone.
Ivy Tech Instructor
Teacher (Current Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 16, 2015
At Ivy Tech I have taught from 1 to 5 classes per semester. Prior to the start of each class I have to prepare for the days activities. I grade papers and post them on Blackboard. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching students a subject that will enhance their career. There really isn't a hard part to this job.
Great place to learn
o Laboratory technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 14, 2015
One of the best jobs I have ever had. major opportunities to expand outside of my primary field of study. Great management and amazing communication.
Wonderful work culture with outstanding benefits.
LRC Technician (Current Employee), Kokomo, INFebruary 12, 2015
Exciting and interesting workplace that focuses on diversity in staff and students. Opportunities for everyone.
The days are not the same, with the constant flow of students and instructors requiring assistance. People get along well with each other and are willing to assist whenever needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant flow of change, information, and knowledge being exchanged.
Good Place to Work
Professor (Current Employee), INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: too many hats to wear.
Excellent environment for students to gain support from a small community and for educators to see the impact in what they do every day. Primary focus is student success.
Great place to teach students at the remedial level.
Writing Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the wonderful students and hard working instructors.
Cons: adjuncts were paid $30 an hour, classroom time only.
I worked as an adjunct writing instructor at the remedial level. I loved working at Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette, Indiana, because I had students who were serious about learning; in addition, my fellow teachers were dedicated and hard working. I liked the atmosphere at Ivy Tech and would highly recommend working there.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor of English (Current Employee), Gary, INJanuary 20, 2015
There are some good programs for students to get involved in community college. I like the people that I work with who really seem to care about the students and about community outreach. I am very happy at my job, but just need full time or work to supplement my income. With the Obamacare program, there is a newer rule that Adjuncts can only have a small number of classes.
Was a great learning opportunity
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette IndianaJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed that not every day was the same and that you could make a difference in someone's life by doing your job.
Business Adjunct Faculty
Business Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: positive work environment, job security, full-time employee benefits, etc.
Overall, Ivy Tech is a great place to work, whether you are looking for full-time or part-time. Job security is definitely a positive aspect as well as great benefits for full-time employees. However, I only work part-time as a Business Adjunct Faculty member and do not qualify for such benefits at this time.
Productively working towards my degree
Active Student (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INJanuary 8, 2015
I am not employed here. I attend classes here to work towards my degree. I have learned a lot of things that will help me with my long term goal of becoming a nurse. The students and faculty are all pleasurable to be around.
supervisor
Adjunct Professor, School of Healthcare Support (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 6, 2015
The worst supervisor I have ever had to deal with. Gender discrimination, unsupportive, insulting, lacked business knowledge.
Rewarding place to work
IT Manager (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: low pay
Ivy tech is a rewarding place to work, because it allows you to connect to many different people and establish friendships that could help you down the road in your career, the pay on the other hand isn't that great.
Excellent place to work
Student (Former Employee), Sellersburg, INDecember 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: long days
Awesome place to work would highly recommend it to everyone.
Wonderful co-workers and an excellent learning environment.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Kokomo, INDecember 29, 2014
I love my job. But, I have no opportunity for advancement. Great atmosphere and excellent learning environment.
The place that made me want to be a part of higher learning
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility, diversity, certifications, close to home
Cons: no benefits or permanent job placement
A typical day is probably comparable to working at Google. I helped students register for classes, proctored tests, answered phone, signed people in to see an advisor, and assisted them with technology all while having a great time being a student of the college. I learned a great deal about being professional, while maintaining a friendly atmosphere at the same time. Management was great and are till this day some of my closest mentors. Co-workers were wonderful as well, when I had them because I was pretty much the only one. The hardest part was leaving everyday. That's just how much I loved working there. The most enjoyable part was how diverse and pleasant the atmosphere was.
Productive workplace
Clerk - Registrar Support (Current Employee), Gary, INDecember 16, 2014
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
• Deliver messages, run errands Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
• Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as computer hardware and software.
• Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
Teacher
Adjunct Sociology (Current Employee), Kokomo, INNovember 8, 2014
• Create course syllabus
• Teach within the Kokomo Area
• Lecture and use various teaching techniques to teach Sociology
• Design critical thinking questions
• Prepare lesson plans
• Construct exam and research assignments
• Grade exam and research papers
• Interact with students to ensure understanding of material
• Counsel students in need of help
• Online Teacher certified thru Ivy Tech Community College Spring 2012
Department staff creates a great work environment.
Online Technologies Assistant (Current Employee), Gary, INNovember 6, 2014
No room for advancement, although, work days are manageable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ivy Tech Community College

About Us: Ivy Tech is the largest singly accredited community college system in the nation serving the entire state of Indiana – Read more

Ivy Tech Community College Photos