Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employer Reviews

Educational Institution
Business Assistant- Office Manager (Current Employee), Anderson, INMarch 22, 2015
Pros: educational facility- helping to provide good quality care
Cons: low income people needing much assistance. especially, children and we have to refer them to outside sources
I see a volume of 70-120 patients a week..Co-workers and Supervisor are great..

I am dealing with 14-28 hygienists a day as well as patients.
Unfortunately, Due to Affordable Health Care Act I lost many hours and I am seeking full time employment.
Great Learning Environment
Student Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: having to juggle work and school
As a Student Worker, it gave me time to keep using my practicle work abiliities while attending college. I was able to assist those behind me to learn to move ahead. Educators and Staff were very professional.
Great Experience!
Volunteer for "A Reason to Taste" (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot about what it takes to be in the hospitality business. It was a wonderful team building experience that I will never forget.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR GENERAL PURPOSE & SCOPE OF POSITION
Assistant Director (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 11, 2015
Innovative professional who complements the Director in the leadership of a comprehensive unit that includes developing and implementing career exploration activities; providing job search assistance; assisting in the expansion of employer relations activities; casual supervision of part-time staff and student workers.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, INMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work hours
In a typical day I will talk to students and direct them to the correct person or correct department. During certain semesters I will create projects and plan special events. I manage the work study in our department and have trained other employees in other areas. When anybody here at the School needs help a lot of time they contact me.
New for me at teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Madison, INFebruary 23, 2015
I got into teaching to help the college out for one semester.. and found that I absolutely loved teaching..to bring my knowledge to the table and share with others was great....
Teaching is a wonderful opportunity loved working with the students.
Instructor (Former Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: loved teh freedom to be creative
Cons: no training or mentoring from management
A typical work day could be teaching 1 - 3 classes and interacting with student wanting to learn. When you show a student you care about their education they intend to want to learn. I had many great experiences educating students and watching them grow from the knowledge and finding the answers within them selves (self-discovery). The co-workers in my department were helpful and wonderful to work with. The hardest part of the job was not being tenure and never knowing if you would be there another semester. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating students and building relationships.
customer service work
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
helped with financial aid and helped parents with question and phone call. It was part time I had fun. management was horrible and I am glad i don't work there anymore
Underpaid
Adjunct Faculty Political Science (Current Employee), Michigan City, INFebruary 16, 2015
You only want to work as an adjunct faculty if you really enjoy your subject area. You won't want to do it for the money alone.
Ivy Tech Instructor
Teacher (Current Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 16, 2015
At Ivy Tech I have taught from 1 to 5 classes per semester. Prior to the start of each class I have to prepare for the days activities. I grade papers and post them on Blackboard. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching students a subject that will enhance their career. There really isn't a hard part to this job.
Great place to learn
o Laboratory technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 14, 2015
One of the best jobs I have ever had. major opportunities to expand outside of my primary field of study. Great management and amazing communication.
Wonderful work culture with outstanding benefits.
LRC Technician (Current Employee), Kokomo, INFebruary 12, 2015
Exciting and interesting workplace that focuses on diversity in staff and students. Opportunities for everyone.
The days are not the same, with the constant flow of students and instructors requiring assistance. People get along well with each other and are willing to assist whenever needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant flow of change, information, and knowledge being exchanged.
Good Place to Work
Professor (Current Employee), INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: too many hats to wear.
Excellent environment for students to gain support from a small community and for educators to see the impact in what they do every day. Primary focus is student success.
Great place to teach students at the remedial level.
Writing Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the wonderful students and hard working instructors.
Cons: adjuncts were paid $30 an hour, classroom time only.
I worked as an adjunct writing instructor at the remedial level. I loved working at Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette, Indiana, because I had students who were serious about learning; in addition, my fellow teachers were dedicated and hard working. I liked the atmosphere at Ivy Tech and would highly recommend working there.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor of English (Current Employee), Gary, INJanuary 20, 2015
There are some good programs for students to get involved in community college. I like the people that I work with who really seem to care about the students and about community outreach. I am very happy at my job, but just need full time or work to supplement my income. With the Obamacare program, there is a newer rule that Adjuncts can only have a small number of classes.
Was a great learning opportunity
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette IndianaJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed that not every day was the same and that you could make a difference in someone's life by doing your job.
Business Adjunct Faculty
Business Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: positive work environment, job security, full-time employee benefits, etc.
Overall, Ivy Tech is a great place to work, whether you are looking for full-time or part-time. Job security is definitely a positive aspect as well as great benefits for full-time employees. However, I only work part-time as a Business Adjunct Faculty member and do not qualify for such benefits at this time.
Productively working towards my degree
Active Student (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INJanuary 8, 2015
I am not employed here. I attend classes here to work towards my degree. I have learned a lot of things that will help me with my long term goal of becoming a nurse. The students and faculty are all pleasurable to be around.
supervisor
Adjunct Professor, School of Healthcare Support (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 6, 2015
The worst supervisor I have ever had to deal with. Gender discrimination, unsupportive, insulting, lacked business knowledge.
Rewarding place to work
IT Manager (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: low pay
Ivy tech is a rewarding place to work, because it allows you to connect to many different people and establish friendships that could help you down the road in your career, the pay on the other hand isn't that great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ivy Tech Community College

About Us: Ivy Tech is the largest singly accredited community college system in the nation serving the entire state of Indiana – Read more

Ivy Tech Community College Photos