Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

nice school
Welding Instructor (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Bennifits
Nice School of an Education

Need to consider the needs of the faculty a little more. Bennifits would make a huge difference in what you would get in return.
Enjoyable job working with a great deal of differnt personalities.
Math and Computer Tutor (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 22, 2015
Pros: The people
This job was wonderful and fulfilling due to helping people overcome their difficulties and reaching a better understanding of Math. It was interesting to get to know a wide variety of different people on a personal level and hear about their experiences.
Supportive
Ivy Tech Community Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Gary, INAugust 20, 2015
Staff is supportive. Management is supportive. The best part of the job is the support you get from all of your coworkers. The worst part of your job is they cancel your class at the last minute. They give you no money for grading or prep.
great
Adjunct Economics Instructor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2015
English Dept
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InAugust 19, 2015
The college as a whole is ever changing, need more buy in from admins, solid faculty and facilities, low salary but good benefits, poor communication.
excellent place to work
HVAC PROGRAM CHAIR (Former Employee), Lafayette, INAugust 17, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no summer work
teach class and do PD work

people skills and how to teach

the dean was great

had good standing with co workers

watching a student fail

watching a student graduate
Enjoyable, exciting workplace
Instructor/Advisor (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 17, 2015
Pros: half price on classes
Cons: shorter hours for preparation for classes
Daily, I teach and review several area of study within the health care field, Phlebotomy, Healthcare Careers, Medical Terminology, Hippa, and many other classes. I learned how to help my students comprehend – more... and relate the information to the test material. I enjoyed the daily activities of the classroom, and doing presentation and the use of visual aids. My co-workers were very helpful and allowed me to take on my direction in teaching with the teaching tools that I utilized daily. I truly enjoy teaching on line studies because this allows me to utilize my creativity in visual aid. – less
Fun place to work, always something new
Assistant to the Director of Student Life (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Freebies, seeing hard work pay off.
Cons: None.
Working for Ivy Tech was an enjoyable job. Interacting with Students, Professors, and Deans. Providing free fun for students to get to know each other and make support systems.

I learned so much from – more... this job. From event planning to working with the financial office and procedures and policies. Management was patient and helpful.

Most enjoyable part of this job was seeing an event come together and the positivity it brought to the students and their families. – less
good place to work
Cashier-Dining Services (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 5, 2015
would recommend to any one that wants to work under 30 hours a week a job with a future, if you are seeking advancement. working hours are excellent, no weekend or holidays
Typical day at work
Network Lab Technician (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great hands-on experience
Cons: It's part-time
I am assisting in the set-up of a new computer lab for Ivy Tech's School of Computing and Informatics. My duties include setting up new racks (7) with patch panels, switches, and routers (we also have – more... one rack with 5 servers) Needless to say, there are several Ethernet cable connections that need to be made (nearly 100/Cat 6). Also, we are setting up dual monitors at each students desk; one with a new Windows 7 OS we are installing from the server, and the other for students to use when assembling a new tower from scratch for PC Hardware/Software support class (install motherboard, CPU, SATA & optical drives, memory, and such). The students will be on two separate networks, so we are using different default gateways. Furthermore, I have been wiping used HDs to get them ready for use. When the classroom is done, I may be supervising the computer lab and assisting students. I love it! – less
Wonderful Begining
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: location, student interaction, community partnerships
Cons: organizational structure, pay rate
Ivy Tech is a wonderful to begin your professional experience and networking opportunity. This job requires multi-tasking, while balancing budgets and processing travel and day-to-day administrative processes.
Awesome place to work!
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Work according to my availability, created my own schedule
Cons: was per semester as needed, not full time or part time, None of the benifits especially tuition reimbursment
Ivy Tech Community College was a wonderful place to learn, and grow, as a student and a person. The things i learned while attending school there, are invaluable. The skills i obtained will help me throughout the rest of my continued pursuit of education.
Enjoyable place
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Richmond, INJuly 27, 2015
Ivy Tech is a great area for any student interested in being the Student Ambassador to work. You have a chance to connect with students while working towards bettering the community.
Kokomo Event and Conference Center hold a wide array of events.
EVENT CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 21, 2015
Very exciting meeting and working with new people that rent space from us. The best part is to help a client complete their vision of what they want their show to look like, and have an successful event is the icing on the cake.
Excellent Work Environment
Professional Work Study (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free printing in the computer labs
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day would be greeting students, filing important documentation such as class registration documents, change of address/name/campus documents, and financial aid documents. I learned many things – more... such as how to pay for college, how to talk to customers, and how to file documents in an organized fashion. Management was great. The manager would help you step by step to acquire all the knowledge needed to exceed company expectations. Co-workers were also friendly. The hardest part of the job would be explaining to students about their situation of not receiving financial aid. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to socialize with many students. – less
Educational Institution
Adjunct Professor in Human Services (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work for and great opportunities are continuous. I had to learn to be patient with learners who could not see their errors in their learning. The most challenging part of the job was students who were negative and influential to others. The most rewarding component was to see progress happen in the lives of students.
IvyTech Community College
Adjunct Instructor for AutomotiveTechnology (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Rewarding to see students grow and learn.
Cons: Obamacare is the big reason for quiting, The 58 mile oneway drive to the College
I enjoyed the people i worked with. I usually went in early to prepare the classroom for my classes. The sign in sheets, and other material i may need to print and have ready for the students. The coworkers – more... were great we all worked together for the betterment of the students. The hardest part of the job was getting some of the students motivated in learning their lessons. Getting the students to read their lessons was challenging, it also was rewarding to see the students grow to understand that reading and knowledge was important. So that way they could further their careers in the automotive technology. – less
Productive challenging
Team Lead Regional Resource - Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2015
Training, supervising and monitoring. Enjoyed working with a wonderful team of customer service representatives. Learned to work with different operating systems. The best part of my position was creatively motivating my team to meet their goals in providing the best service to the clients.
Learned to become a teacher
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJune 29, 2015
This was my first teaching college job. I really enjoyed it, became close to al other professors and made a great impact in all my students. This was the start of my professional career and l am looking forward to teach again like all the opportunities given at Ivy Tech,
Wonderful
Chef Instructor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
As an instructor it was a very fulfilling job. Helping to teach others about the culinary world and shaping young people to become better stewards and productive members of the workforce.
Headquarters
Mailing Address:
50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Dr.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208

Physical Address:
1 Indiana Square, 4th Floor (Regions Tower)
211 N. Pennsylvania St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Employees
5,001 to 10,000
Industry
Links
Ivy Tech Community College website
Visit our Human Resources site
Learn more about our benefits
Apply for jobs
Learn more about our Nursing Faculty openings
Interested in working at Ivy Tech?