Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employer Reviews

Permanent contact with students to reinforce class content, promote students' reaearch, and get students' goals.
Online Spanish Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Kokomo, INOctober 18, 2014
Pros: individual guide for students
Cons: no contact with coworkers
Long day working to evaluate students' assignments and assessments. Encourage students organized learning and continuous e mail support.
Political structured
Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: interaction with students
Cons: everything else
NO Job security.
Two faced coworkers.
hard work or great ideas credited to supervisors alone.
Decent p/t job
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, INOctober 9, 2014
Pros: can set own hours as long as they meet the needed requirement
Cons: management seems to be mostly reactive, not proactive
Simple work done quickly, not much brain power used, ok for a p/t job where you can basically set your own hours and no manager is staring over their shoulder at you but not much chance for advancement
Good place to make a difference in the lives of students
Registration Spec/Exec Secretary (Former Employee), South Bend, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits for full time employees
Cons: the busy season is really busy, hard to take time off.
Usually pretty busy. Most students are receptive to your help. Most co-workers are professional and helpful. Best part of the job is to see students you have dealt with on the graduation line getting ready to get their degree.
Exellent opportunity to serve the community one student at a time
Adjunct Faculty Mother Baby/Pediatrics (Current Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 27, 2014
Cliinical supervision of LPN and RN students on Pediatric and OB unit

Learned increased flexibility

Co-workers supportive and encouraging.

Most enjoyable part of the job is interactions with students and nursing staff.
Very comfortable work environment with great people
Data Entry and Support Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2014
I learned alot about manageing data using advancement systems.
Job consist of helping others.
Work Study Library, assist student (Former Employee), Anderson, INSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: the pros was having time to do my homework and to help others.
Cons: the job was temperary and part-time only
The job was a work-study job assisting others in the library. I would check out books and other items for the students, help with questions, and clean up after closing.
loved this job
work study (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 17, 2014
easy to get along with coworkers and flexible hours. Treated me the same as full time employees even though i was a temp
Manage self and enjoy co-workers
Proctor (Current Employee), Goshen, INSeptember 17, 2014
The schedule for testing changes often but I manage my own hours and check in with my supervisor when needed. I learned to give instructions and manage large groups as I oversaw the testing of many students. At times there would be 21+ students testing at a time and I had to learn to be wise with time management and give them guidance and direction – more... in an orderly fashion. This job required flexibility as well as control of a group and being disciplined with working alone. Many students spoke Spanish as their primary language and I needed to translate often for test instructions. My co-workers had a different work schedule since I did testing late into the nights usually so working alone while students test was very common. I really enjoyed managing my own time and being on my own but would love to work more with people. – less
College level tutor
College level tutor (Former Employee), Columbus, INSeptember 11, 2014
Tutored multiple students in AutoCAD, Descriptive Geometry & Statics engineering math
Best Ivy Tech of all
Fronst Desk Assistant (Former Employee), East Chicago, INSeptember 8, 2014
The staff are nice and helpful. Its never a dull moment with the staff. Ivy Tech East Chicago was always clean.
many differnt jobs
Assistant to Academic Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Michigan City, INSeptember 7, 2014
I loved working at here. The people were wonderful and I learned many differnt jobs.
Good school that allowed me to get the credits I needed.
student (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 4, 2014
The school focuses on providing students an opportunity to get caught up to college level with the subjects they need.
Great School
Work-Study/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Anderson, INAugust 26, 2014
It's a great school that allows you to be flexible between real life and school life. They are there to help you succeed with your education, only serious applicants should apply!
Vice Chancellor - Academic Affairs (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the pay
I have worked for the college 21 years in different positions. Every day their is a new challenge which makes the job exciting for me. Faculty and staff work well together.
Great place to work!
Student Support Services Math Tutor (Former Employee), Gary, INAugust 25, 2014
Very fun place to attend school as well as work! Really friendly and helpful people.
Satisfying educational experience
Adjunct Psychology Instructor (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, INAugust 25, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: part-time with limited benefits
I typically teach 1 to 3 courses a semester, which allows me a great opportunity to work yet stay home to care for my children. Preparing for upcoming semesters is time consuming, as well as grading tests and written assignments. However, the most rewarding part of the job is watching the students learn and grow in their college experience - seeing – more... the "aha moment" in students is wonderful. As an adjunct instructor I do not have an opportunity to interact with other instructors; outside of my supervisor I do not have any contact with other instructors. I have applied numerous times for full-time positions with the college, but it is very difficult to obtain full-time work because they generally promote/hire within those already holding full-time positions. – less
Great place for supplemental income
Instructor/Professor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 6, 2014
Great people to work with. There are no full-time opportunities.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor - Managerial Accounting (Current Employee), Michigan City, Indiana 46360August 1, 2014
Pros: family friendly.
Cons: hard to move up due to flat organizational structure.
Typical day is thinking of ways to recruit new students to pursue their higher education degree.
Fun and Learning enviroment
Tax Manager (Former Employee), Creasy Lane, Lafayette, INJuly 31, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: seasonal
By appointment and at time occasional walk-ins income taxes were prepared. Once prepared it was then my job to review the taxes and make sure that they were prepared correctly and submit all forms to the IRS.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ivy Tech Community College

About Us: Ivy Tech is the largest singly accredited community college system in the nation serving the entire state of Indiana – Read more

Ivy Tech Community College Photos