Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

Productive challenging
Team Lead Regional Resource - Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2015
Training, supervising and monitoring. Enjoyed working with a wonderful team of customer service representatives. Learned to work with different operating systems. The best part of my position was creatively motivating my team to meet their goals in providing the best service to the clients.
Learned to become a teacher
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJune 29, 2015
This was my first teaching college job. I really enjoyed it, became close to al other professors and made a great impact in all my students. This was the start of my professional career and l am looking forward to teach again like all the opportunities given at Ivy Tech,
Wonderful
Chef Instructor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
As an instructor it was a very fulfilling job. Helping to teach others about the culinary world and shaping young people to become better stewards and productive members of the workforce.
Acacdemic Advising Ivy Tech students
Academic Advising Clerk (Current Employee), Muncie, INJune 28, 2015
Pros: Flexabile schedule and working within a multi-discipline team of professionals
Cons: Part-time position
Throughout my employment at Ivy Tech Community College I have been fortunate enough to be part of team of professionals whom are dedicated to building positive relationships with perspective and current students. These relationships are focused upon creating academic pathways to empower students to reach their personal and professional goals. I have learned the skills necessary to assess the students strengths and encourage them to strive for excellence.
Wouldn't waste your time
Office admin (Former Employee), IndianaJune 15, 2015
Pros: Nice classrooms, pay isn't terrible, some of the people aren't so bad
Cons: Everything else
They only care about the people in management positions. If doing something hurtful to others will get them ahead they will do it. Learn to have a backbone quickly if accepting a job with them.
Ivy Tech is full of leadership, community commitment, and family.
Academic Administrative Secretarial Specialist (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 14, 2015
This company is an amazing company and organization to work for. I am in love with my job and the administrative staff that I work with, as well as the students that I provide excellent customer with. Ivy Tech gives the upmost respect to their students, they hire the best staff to care for the students, and we give our best in every situation.
Great college to attend
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2015
Great college to attend, but working there was not as enjoyable. Several management individuals that I encountered on a regular basis were uncaring and not fun to be around.
The Office
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2015
A normal day of filing answering the phone and talking to students. When mid-terms and finals start it is very busy and a lot of running around. Its a blast never a dull moment during those times.
Fun place to work
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 22, 2015
I loved working here with all of the different students! There are so many staff and students to work with that it's hard not to love it!
Adjunct Life
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 18, 2015
Worked as adjunct faculty, didn't really feel apart of the Ivy Tech Community. Really nice facilities and classrooms.
I enjoy the work I do with the students.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Marion, INMay 13, 2015
The level of activity varies from day to day and depends on the time in the school year. We keep very busy during registration periods.

I have learned there are many kinds of people coming to a community college for all kinds of reasons. It is a joy when each student completes their degree and reach their goal.

I have a great VP and enjoy working with her very much. I also enjoy the co-workers in my immediate area. Most have been great to work with.

The hardest part is keeping up with the changes and how they are communicated. The most is enjoyable is helping a student who was afraid to come and apply for school and later see them be reach their educational goals.
only a temp job
PT secretary, testing center, and attendant (Current Employee), Kokomo, INMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great people, students, and college.
Cons: wished it could be fulltime
I fill in when someone is sick or on vacation. My duties are to answer the phone, administer tests in testing center, meet the needs of students and instructors, open and or close the school after business hours and classes.
Awesome Experience
HVAC/R Instructor (Current Employee), South Bend, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Passing my knowledge and experience on to others
Cons: The school admin seems to be very undecisive in all matters
I absolutely love the work, co-workers, and students. The benefits are great once you are hired in full-time, but I have been waiting for 6 months for full-time employment after being told prior to hiring that it was a full-time position.
An environment that promotes positive influences
Various Positions (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, opportunities for growth
Cons: hidden areas of needed attention, good work goes un-noticed
Working at Ivy Tech Community College has offered me a wealth of opportunities. Great experience, great teacher of professionalism
Fun place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2015
Overall a good company to work at while trying to complete school. A very flexible well rounded company that puts it employees and students first.
Very Relaxing Place to work at!
Student Support Services Tutor (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 13, 2015
Really enjoy working at Ivy tech. The Managers and staff are very helpful and great to work for. I will like to advance someday within there corporation.
Excellent customer service and work ethics
Cashier-Dining Services (Current Employee), South Bend, INApril 9, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: want 40 hours
cashiering, balance of cash drawer, stocking, cleaning. The hardest part of my job is filling the soda case. The most enjoyable is meeting staff and students.
I was part of that journey for students
Exam Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, In.April 5, 2015
Arrive at work, take report, check for exams coming up on your shift. Register the students as they arrive for exam, largely computerized. When they are finished, we will receive their scores or they will by mail. At the end of day, take report, shut down machines. distribute test result where appropriate, Lock up.
Educational Facility
Technician- Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), South Bend, INApril 1, 2015
Most of the instructors are very good cultivating a positive and achievable advancement structure.

In the IT Department we are a fairly close knit team. We support each other in all aspects of our goals, achievements and daily problem solving and solution resolution.

I am a better IT person because of my experience at Ivy Tech Community college and the team I am a part of.
Great Experience
Admissions Department Assistant (Former Employee), Gary, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Assisting others hands on and proivding info
Cons: Shifts were chaotic
Assisted students with questions and computer issues. I learned how much I really do enjoy being a help to others and assisting others. Management was very relaxed but always firm on what they wanted. Hardest part was training, I had to learn a lot. The students and employees made the day go by so much faster with the positive environment they created.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ivy Tech Community College

About Us: Ivy Tech is the largest singly accredited community college system in the nation serving the entire state of Indiana – Read more

Ivy Tech Community College Salaries