Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

Great co-wrokers and students
Healthcare Sciences Instructor (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INFebruary 2, 2016
Have learned new applications to use computer and become much more computer savvy. New and usable technology to teach and grade homework. Structured courses but are tweaked to update and make it show your own style to teach. Hardest part was training went very erratic and little support to learn computer apps. Apps are how homework is graded and grades are posted. Love seeing students grasp new material.
Cons
If full time, breaks are rare.
Fun, Fast Pace
Certified Proctor (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INJanuary 28, 2016
Worked with many students.
Managed the scheduling.
Did all the training for employees
Proctored all test for the testing center
Excellent co workers
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2016
Co workers really cared about one another
Office job with no frills
Cube city
Heat and AC were appreciated
The vacation time made it worth it
fun workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 28, 2016
Had a good time assisting students. My manager was very caring and respectful to others. The hardest part of the job was working with books. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to help others.
Pros
helping others
Cons
no breaks
Not enthused
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2016
Was not a fan of interactions I had with the main office. Did not feel like I was getting the most out of what I was paying for.
Love Ivy Tech
HOSPITALITY INSTRUCTOR - Ivy Tech NWI Campuses (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 18, 2016
I love working for Ivy Tech. The direct management and various college Presidents are very helpful and willing to listen!
Fun place to work
MANAGER CERTIFICATION CENTER (Former Employee) –  1815 Morgan, Kokomo, IN 46901January 14, 2016
A typical day at work, I make sure to be ready and out the door so I can get to work at least 30 minutes before start time. That way if there are delays such as traffic, I’m still on time for any meetings or important tasks. I have learned how to maintain a friendly atmosphere for co-workers, students and staff. Management was great (supportive)! My co-workers were committed, loyal, friendly and professional. The hardest part of the job, having to leave, but they had to downsize so a lot of key people were released. I enjoyed working with the students, staff and teachers.
Pros
Cons
Student's attitudes
Part-Time Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2016
Learned about Cisco routers and switches, Windows 2012 servers. Working on a data center. Cabling and Imaging. Is a great experience.
Fun place to work that cares about it students and employees.
Assistant Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 11, 2016
Being a basketball coach for the program meant that I was only there for practices and games. It has been a great opportunity to grow in my career.
good place to work, relaxed atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 10, 2016
a typical day is unlocking doors for students and employees, making name badges and assisting students and teachers to help find their respective classrooms. I maintain security cameras in parking lots and within the campus. I get to meet a variety of people and enjoy my current position.
Pros
furnished uniforms, competitive wage
Cons
being part-time with no health insurance coverage for myself & spouse
Great place to work.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 5, 2016
Worked with students to better understand the class and study for exams. I would stay after class with them and helped any students that needed it. The hardest part of the job was when I did not quite understand something they were working on.
Great atmosphere to work in
College Registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2015
I love working at Ivy tech! a typical day consist of helping students who have trouble with resgistration, enrolling in their classes and those who have financial aid issues. The manage is awesome they make sure that each assistant on the floor is knowledgeable of the things necessary to help students. My co-workers are everything, we work as a team in stations to keep the traffic controlled and to make sure that each person has a manageable amount of students at once at each others station. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing students walk out of our office happier than they came in.
I enjoyed working with students and helping them to make themselves better.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed seeing the students faces light up when they got it. Whatever it was we were working on and they had been having problems grasping the concept. It was good to help them solve a problem weather it was a school issue or a home issue. Helping them understand that sometimes things just go wrong.
Pros
being in class and instructing.
Cons
having the reorganization of classes that meant not as many instructors were needed
Director of Web Development (Former Employee) –  ivy tech - central indianaDecember 11, 2015
I retired after 30 years. I did all that needed to be done,,,communications, marketing, and publications.............
Enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed teaching at Ivy Tech. It was a great experience teaching the students and seeing them grow and succeed.
Classroom preparation, student advisory
Nursing Educator (Former Employee) –  Muncie IndianaDecember 7, 2015
Review email's, answer student inquiries, prepare for classroom lecture and participation. Time management of day and activities. Monthly faculty meetings. Continuing education and Professional Development activites. Assist other faculty as needed. Good experience.
Great family-like atmosphere
marketing assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 1, 2015
Typical day includes drafting press releases and advertisements.
I've learned great time management and organizational skills, as well as advancing my writing and graphic design skills.
Great management and co-workers.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2015
good place to work very clean environment, great benefits, and never had an issues. Security Dept is ran very well and has a great chain of command for handling issues.
Wonderful company
Marketing intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 11, 2015
Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast Marketing Department was a wonderful company to work for!

It was a wonderful experience.

I learned about Marketing, Graphic Design, and team work.

My co-workers were amazing; always helpful and easy to work with.

My favorite part of the job was doing photography for special school events.

My favorite event was "A Reason to Taste". - Took hundreds of photos for that event.
very fun work place
Student Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at Ivy tech. My fellow staff was so friendly. I learned working at Ivy tech that everybody understanding of things is different. The most enjoyable part for me was helping the students.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Ihave none

4.2