Ivy Tech Community College

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews in United States

very fun work place
Student Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at Ivy tech. My fellow staff was so friendly. I learned working at Ivy tech that everybody understanding of things is different. The most enjoyable part for me was helping the students.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Ihave none
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 5, 2015
Days including providing clinical experiences, lecturing, and advising current and prospective students. Preparing class materials and attending meetings round out the typical work week.
Pros
time off
Cons
student attitudes
Dream job
Asst. Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2015
I love the tip I get for all that experience in that company. I come in see what my assignment is. Sometimes I'm grinding or welding. The hardest part about that job is that my supervisor just really understand the abilities I have. He always put me on project that simply. I want to work on something big. something I can take picture of and show to my wife. Other than that I do learn and practice a lot on my breaks.
Love working with the students
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 22, 2015
When I started out, I taught on campus and so my "typical" day was different than it is now as an online instructor. I came in and taught my three or four classes, each with its own unique atmosphere and group of students. I went home, prepped for the next class, and graded assignments and answered student emails. Now, the "teaching" is done online, so there is less face to face interaction, but still fun. I've learned quite a bit about the difference between online teaching and face-to-face. I've learned more about community college students and their unique needs as well, as compared to Research One schools, where I taught as a graduate student. I have a decent department chair, and an interesting Dean. Because I teach online, I don't interact as much with my co-workers outside of our beginning-of-the-semester meetings, but enjoy their company when we do engage. The hardest part of my job currently is probably the lack of face-to-face interaction with my students, while the most enjoyable part is the fact that it can be done any time of the day or night.
Nursing instructor
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, INOctober 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of being a nursing instructor is when your students reach the "A-Ha" moment and everything that you have been teaching them fits together like pieces of a jig-saw puzzle. It's one of the best feelings in the world!
I love Ivy Tech Community College!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2015
I love teaching for Ivy Tech Community College. I have met some great people there. I love the students and I enjoy teaching them. Ivy Tech feels like home to me. I plan to teach there for as long as I can.
Pros
Great Enviroment, Great People, Great Pay, Great Everything!!!
Cons
No Cons other than I wish I taught there full time
Very reqarding
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 2, 2015
As a member of the automotive community I get to give back to the community and future generations of automotive professionals.
The most enjoyable about the job is facilitating to improve others.
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 29, 2015
Fun place to work. Educational and everyone get along. All employees enjoy working with others in their areas of study.
Adjunct treated like regular faculty
Adjunct Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2015
Adjunct faculty is kept in the communication loop; the full time faculty values and appreciates their adjuncts. One of my favorite nursing programs in which to teach clinicals.
Professional Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 25, 2015
This job was a professional environment that provided experience growth and development. Great customer service qualities provided with growth and development opportunities. This is what is expected from a developing, growing corporation. The most enjoyable part of this job is learning from my colleagues. As the company continues to grow more and more the work and projects become more challenging but exciting just to be able to help other peole in their time of need.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Enjoyable
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 24, 2015
Working with students who needed additional help with their notes and/or assignments was rewarding. Being able to go back to the school I had attended once before in a different aspect was nice. I learned a lot and being able to sit in classes that I had not taken myself was educational which is always a benefit to me.
Pros
Meeting new and interesting people.
Cons
The drive.
fun workplace
Lead Culinary/Pastry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2015
Instructor for Classical Cuisine, Baking Science, Specialized Cuisine, Basic Foods, Introduction to Baking. Adminstration was very supportive and a class act employer to work for. i would reccomend this job
What I learned
Veterans Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 1, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the day
Enjoy working with students
Assistant Professor School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with students. Watching each student understand the process of nursing and when the light bulb goes off per say, is the greatest reward of teaching. Teaching can be very challenging at times, due to each individual learns different ways. My job is to ensure that each student understands the materials being covered, so they can be successful in their nursing endeavors.
All other faculty have a cohesive work ethic, we all are a team and we all give feedback to each other and are always supportive of each others endeavors.
Ivy Tech community college is supportive of their employees. Benefits are excellent.
Proficient, Fast paced, Friendly
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 31, 2015
A number of students would come to ask for assistance with their daily assignments or to study for their exams. I would start off by helping one student at a time or teaching a group together with similar topics if it was busy, All in all it was a great platform for me to connect with different individuals and also gain a valuable experience for the long run. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my fellow classmates.
Pros
Sometimes there will be gatherings with free food for faculty
Cons
Very fast paced during the midterms and finals
Excellent place to work. The staff members are cordial and very professional in what they do.
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2015
Ivy Tech Community College is a great place to work. The work environment is conducive and very welcoming to all. Diversity within the institution is well-promoted and the staff members are great. I started there as an Adjunct and enjoy working there. I recommend Ivy Tech as a great place to work to anyone interested in the academic area.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Adjuncts do not make much due to total number of credits assigned.
Very enjoyable
Coordinator/Board Member/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 29, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Ivy Tech Community College and making a difference in the lives of students.

Work schedule is normally straight days.
Pros
Self Gratitude and Satisfaction in helping others
Cons
Employment is not secure due to budget cuts
nice school
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 22, 2015
Nice School of an Education

Need to consider the needs of the faculty a little more. Bennifits would make a huge difference in what you would get in return.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Bennifits
Enjoyable job working with a great deal of differnt personalities.
Math and Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 22, 2015
This job was wonderful and fulfilling due to helping people overcome their difficulties and reaching a better understanding of Math. It was interesting to get to know a wide variety of different people on a personal level and hear about their experiences.
Pros
The people
Supportive
Ivy Tech Community Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 20, 2015
Staff is supportive. Management is supportive. The best part of the job is the support you get from all of your coworkers. The worst part of your job is they cancel your class at the last minute. They give you no money for grading or prep.

4.2