Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

my review
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 1, 2016
This place has excellent facility and staff. Along with the students and the cooperation of them makes my job a lot easier.
Excellent Employer
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2016
As an adjunct instructor, I love working for Ivy Tech. I am free to create my own curriculum, which is a big bonus. Teaching is very rewarding, the students want to be there, and the management is wonderful.
Federal Work Study
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 17, 2016
Excellent school environment and staff, good support and direction. Clear objectives and job assignments. Pay was competitive. Supervisors were the best and cohesiveness of the job was wonderful.
Enjoyable work environment
Adjunct Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 17, 2016
I really like working for Ivy Tech but there is little to no chance of advancing to a full time position. And enrollment keeps dropping so classes are harder and harder to get.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Not enough hours.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Madison, INNovember 12, 2016
Is fantastic place to work. The business is built on a foundation of corporate values and integrity of doing business right. All levels of staff, the alignment of core values resonates world class.
Great Part Time Job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  various locationsNovember 8, 2016
Work there to on several online classes for network protocols and hardware / software troubleshooting. Great interactions with students and helping them learn.
Great school
PROGRAM CHAIR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2016
A must needed organization for Indiana and US economics. Great school that is in the process of revamping and continuous improvement.
Pros
Great school needed in Indiana workforce development, Leading college in the U.S., Great place for personal professional development, Good work/life balance, Good Autonomy
Cons
Compensation in comparison to industry standard, additional experience and technical skills not awarded in pay, top heavy leadership
FA Assistant
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 6, 2016
This was my favorite job ever, the work environment is amazing. the only down side is it was part time and didn't pay the best.
Pros
Always ways to move up in and promote
Cons
low pay and start out as part time
Excellent for gaining experience
Grant Proposal and Budget Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2016
Ivy Tech is a great place to work and gain experience. They have amazing benefits but more importantly they do a great job with work/life balance. One difficult thing is that they are not great at developing employees into new roles to keep them engaged and interested in the work they are doing.
Very enjoyable work place
Science Lab Technician and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 2, 2016
- Coaching students in Physics, Physical Science, and Chemistry Labs.
- Always a space for improvement.
- Management is supportive and polite.
- Co-workers very cooperative.
- No full time job, no benefits.
- Working with students and finding new ways of presenting information to reach all students and improve their performance.
Pros
Flexible environment
Cons
No benefits
nah
Library & Media Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 30, 2016
dont pay enough to survive. But they work around school schedule. loved my coworkers too. valpo campus is beautiful and big
Pros
good hours
Cons
low income
Enjoyable Place to Work
Cataloger (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 22, 2016
The Library is a great place to work with helpful co-workers. Difficult to move up in positions. Not a lot of opportunities for full time positions. Pay could be better.
Meaningful Work
Accounting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 16, 2016
Teaching classes at Ivy Tech is very rewarding in that you are reaching and helping numerous students. The courses are well thought out and fairly easy to instruct. The most difficult aspect is that not all students are interesting in accounting and find the subject matter very intimidating, which makes it hard to reach them in the teaching process (takes extra time and attention). It is all worth it when you feel like you have helped a student bridge the gap to understanding accounting.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Student attitudes can be challenging
productive workplace
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 7, 2016
supervisors made abrupt decisions without giving the instructors feedback so that they would improve or avoid mistakes.
they care too much for the student's survey, the instructor will have to please the students.
Pros
paid meetings
Cons
secretive and not upfront with instructors
Indiana Top Employer
Fixed Asset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoy working at Ivy Tech and with the team I work with. I served as Student Government President and stayed on in a part-time role in the Finance Department for Central Office. Shortly after I was offered a Full-time position so there is plenty of room for advancement within the organization.

The most enjoyable part is meeting so many people as I physically verify inventory. The hardest part of the job is going to be leaving and moving on to another role. I like what I do.
I have been working with this company for over 12 years off and on.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 6, 2016
The job itself is not hard however it is hard to advance in this company unless someone retires. The people are mostly friendly and will help you in the best way they can from my experience.
Pros
I have been with them 12 years.
Cons
Hard to move up in the company.
Good college
College Student (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 1, 2016
I liked going to school here. It was a time in my life where I have gotten to learn tons of things about life and all the disciplines in it. Much more I could say about it, but in lame terms it was wonderful.
Best job to date,
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 31, 2016
Loved studying and working at Ivy Tech the teachers/employees were passionate and excited to show up. By far the best working environment I have ever experienced. The hardest part was when my work study came to an end. Would love to work for Ivy Tech in the future!
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Work study ending
Very educational
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 26, 2016
Worked in the Automotive lab as an intern. Loved going in and working on the vehicles. The shop supervisor was always helpful if needed and tried to teach you if you were unsure.
Working in the library was a great experience. All of the people that work there were always very kind and willing to teach new things.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INAugust 23, 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ivy Tech Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2