Ivy Tech

Ivy Tech Employer Reviews

Great place to work, amazing co-workers
Proctor (Current Employee), Sellersburg, INMay 21, 2014
A typical day at Ivy tech consisted of busy days. proctoring exams, scheduling exams, organizing files, and multitasking.
Correctional Specific
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Carlisle, INMarch 27, 2014
Good pay with supportive staff and fair benefits. Enjoyable job you'll want to keep.
Automove building has many wonderful tools to play with.
Automotive Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 25, 2013
My first class does hot start until January. Ivy Tech has a limitless amount of upward advancement available.
Good online Module, easy to follow and thorough
Online Composition Instructor (Current Employee), Fort WayneNovember 23, 2013
They also offer a BlackBoard certification course, and send you a certification upon completion. Very dedicated and practical when it comes to Distance Learning
Great place to work, excellent supervisor and fun team.
Asst. Director/Advancement & Campaign Dev. Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2013
Pros: my supervisor and co-workers, benefits were excellent, loved my job!
Cons: stressful position but very satisfying
A typical day at work involved processing donor gifts, pulling reports, updating constituent records, preparing correspondence, providing queries, exports, reports, creating donor profiles, and other information for the team/chancellor/others. Updated solicitor actions, proposal statuses, and etc. I cared very deeply about my work and our team's goals – more... and was committed to working together as a team to meet our department goals.

What I learned: Working at Ivy Tech and in the Campaign & Development Department gave me an appreciation of the importance of providing the opportunity of a higher education for all students. It was very exciting to be a part of an educational institution that changes the lives of our students, their families, and the community in which they live!

Management: I loved working with my supervisor, my team, and the management, faculty, and staff of Ivy Tech. Very wonderful and committed group of people who give of their talent and skills to assist our students in excelling and making a better future for themselves and their families.

Co-Workers: I loved my co-workers! It was a fun place to work and we interacted very well together. There were people who were more challenging to work with but that's part of any work place. In situations such as this I would look for ways to discover what made them tick personality wise so that we could become an effective team.

The hardest part of the job: Many times I worked very long hours. You must be dedicated and willing to be flexible to meet deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job: I loved this position! It was very challenging but I enjoyed the knowledge that I have gained in working in an academic and fundraising environment, and in becoming very proficient in The Raiser's Edge (Blackbaud). – less
Work Experience
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, INOctober 2, 2013
Pros: i was able to do my studies at work and get paid at the same time.
Cons: the job was a joke it was just a reason to boost the budget.
It was difficult to find things to do with my time. I like to be busy and most the people I worked with just sat and stood around BS'ing doing little work claiming much time on the job that was not the case.
Fun workplace.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 29, 2013
Pros: staff.
Cons: no insurance.
Co-workers were awesome to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist everyone with any issues/concerns presented.
First teaching job
Clinical instructor (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 24, 2013
Wonderful learning and teaching experiance for me. Great school to work for.
Fun work environment
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 5, 2013
• Composed a script for radio commercials to promote the college to perspective students
• Broadcasted a radio commercial for WWKI promoting the benefits of the Ivy Tech college experience
• Filmed student interviews to advertise the financial benefits of Ivy Tech
• Participated and was filmed in an admissions marketing project to better communicate – more... and describe the benefits of attending Ivy Tech to increase admissions and applications
• Wrote press releases to notify community members of upcoming Ivy Tech events – less
An easy going workplace, I'm always learning something new from my boss.
Student Adjunct (Current Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 13, 2013
I worked alone, my boss assigned tasks from day to day. At first, I had to begin Demolition of the mock house the current classes just finished building. I had to strip it of the electrical outlets, switches, and all the wire. The electricity to the house was not connected as it is a mock house. I disassembled every joist and every stud for reuse. I – more... learned how to properly bring down ceiling joists by myself, also the best way to pull nails out of studs and top plates. The hardest part of the job is doing everything by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my hands and the feeling that I earned every penny of my pay check. – less
Great local community college to teach IT classes
Adjunct Computer Instructor (Part-Time Evenings) (Former Employee), Bloomington, INOctober 9, 2012
Pros: classes were in the evening
1. Taught Visual Basic, Web Development and Office Products
2. Classes had many older adults willing to learn
3. Students created many fantastic projects
4. Hardest part of the job was teaching one of my former high school teachers.
I have had opportunitites and have grown greatly with my time at this community college. The staff has always been more than supportive.
past teacher. present tutor (Current Employee), Columbus, IN and Bloomington, In.July 25, 2012
Pros: "education is always under reconstruction". if i can assist anyone grow, this helps me.
Cons: i have never been considered a full time faculty employee. beneifits have not been offered unless, i pay for them.
A typical day now is not the same as other positions teaching. Today it is much more calm as a tutor. I wait for the students to come to me to review papers and build confidence. I try to provide this as well as study and life skills as needed.
Had Clinical and Book experience
Respiratory Care (Former Employee), South Bend, InJuly 9, 2012
Pros: very hands on instructions.
Ivy Tech only accepts twenty people in program every year based on your grades from selected classes. We would be in class three times a week clinicals two days and lab one.
productive
student affairs registration assitant (Former Employee), east chicago, inFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: able to work around school schedules
Cons: seasonal and not that many hours to work
this job help me understand financial aide more fully. it is a great job for college students looking for a little extra money in their pocket