IWCO Direct Employee Reviews

production as a machine operator
Lettershop machinery Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAApril 10, 2017
iwco direct was one of my favorite place to work, i was a machine operator and we had to make the number of mail. i used to love it there. the hardest part of the job was when the machine would break down for long hours.
Nice place to work
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAMarch 24, 2017
IWCO Direct is a good job. Hours are a little difficult at first...but overall not a bad place. There is a big problem there with people gossiping and not enough working,
Pros
All breaks paid
Cons
to much gossip and horseplay
i loved my job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAMarch 2, 2017
This job was right up my ally, management always had everything together. we got the job dont fast and diligently.. they hired people who knew what they were doing so jobs could get dont on time.
A good company to stay at, not to grow
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 21, 2017
The culture is great--casual attire, flexible hours, family comes first. Benefits include a work out facility on site, game tables, and free coffee.

Management is hit and miss. Some are really great at their jobs and truly care about employees, others think they are God's gift to mankind and are condescending to everyone. However, the company is really good about internal transfers/promotions. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of room to grow for young professional (at least that I've seen).
Pros
casual dress
Hard work pays off
Inserter Operator/Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Everyday was the same to me while working here learned lots from working in the mail room it was a great job to bad I had to re-locate the pay was good and the hours were great Hardest part while working here is dealing with other co-workers mistakes. The enjoyable parts were making the best numbers on my machines!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PADecember 13, 2016
This was a great place to work. I was able to get as much overtime as I wanted/needed. I really liked my department and my supervisors. I just wanted a job that I could make more money per hour.
upper management are all worthless
Operator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNDecember 2, 2016
If something happens don't complain they'll punish you for having a voice. If you don't speak English and want minimum wage this is the place for you. If you speak English and want to make double what the minority does and you can slack work here.
Pros
theres a hose for your rear in the bathrooms
Cons
it stinks of armpit and bathrooms are disgusting just like upper management
great place
envelope machine adjuster (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 2, 2016
great company, friendly people and great management. clean environment. on top of all safety aspects and quality control
easy to work with everyone, and the people were great
machine operator and as a quality auditor (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNDecember 2, 2016
working at iwco was a great experince. i learned a lot of interesting things and got to meet a lot of people.i enjoyed the chellenging tasks my supervisors gave me and how important they made me fell as an employee
Too much overtime. The schedule is a very hard schedule to work.
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNNovember 15, 2016
Ok place to work for, except for the work hours.My coworkers were very nice. The job was a very manual job and your always on your feet for the whole shift. You get 3 twenty minute breaks for a twelve hour shift.
Nice place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elm City, NCOctober 22, 2016
Nice place to work mainly because of my co-workers and the management. The work wasn't hard and my co-workers were helpful during my training process.
Cons
went out of business
horrible place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJuly 7, 2016
I broke quite a few records when first starting and never a great job by anyone. Management plays favorites and several people get to chit-chat for up to 45 minutes several times per day . Only place to work in Little Falls so they can do what they want and employees will still stay. machines break down and mechanics are too buisy to fix them because they are talking to co-workers.Doesn't matter if you are a hard worker or a slug you make the same money. I would put out 50,000 pieces a day and stand next to someone that put out 15,000 doing exactly the same job and and no more compensation for me. Unless you have no motivation, a poor work ethic don't work here.
Pros
Cons
schedule, managment.pay
Productive and fun workplace
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 29, 2016
Scheduled print jobs, communicated via email and phone. Emailed daily reports for high profile client. Great people to work with and easy to get along with.
People were good but work schedual inconsistant
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 7, 2016
Didn't like the rotating 12 hour shifts. Running jobs was disorganized and many changes had to be made. Had no personal life.
Little pay managment CLUELESS
warehouse/material handler SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, PAApril 27, 2016
LOWEST PAYING JOB IN AREA. Every where else you go you start out making $2.00 more to start. Managment plays favorites with promotions and OT. Work most holidays including thanksgiving and News Year eve and Day. One year only had off CHRISTMAS DAY. BUYER BEWARE....
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
produtive workplace.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNMarch 15, 2016
Start with morning meeting "discuss safety, game plan for the day". Go to assigned aria, keep that aria running to full potential. If you extra time help someone with there aria,
I learned forklift operations, how to work well with others, responsibility, professionalism, and leadership.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with some poor attitudes for coworkers.
I enjoyed the schedule very much.
Pros
schedule
Cons
had a poor supervisor tward the end of my time there
not the best job to have
1st Pressman (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 3, 2016
Pressroom manager could not manage a shoebox full of kittens let alone a pressroom full of employees.old outdated equiptment that they never put money into unless it breaks down which is an every day thing from being obsolete. some of the management is ok. coworkers are good people, but some lack skills or motivation to do the job so you have to pick up the slack. the hardest part of the job is the outdated machines and the lack of people they give you to do your job. you have to offload your own product on the inlines as well as run the press.Forced to work overtime because of the lack of employees to work with and the volume of work run through the company, the will dictate when you get time off. The best part of the job was getting time off so you could lead a life outside of IWCO, but that was not very often. A bad overall work environment.
Pros
good people, employees to work with
Cons
Bad management, outdated machines, forced overtime
Not the greatest job
Material handler, shipping clerk, (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MN 55317February 22, 2016
I really didn't like working here, take advantage of most of the time. never appreciated. Always feeling like no matter how well you preform there was no reward coming.
Okay
Lettershop Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 15, 2016
the hardest part of the job is finding something to do while the machine is broken. Most Co-Workers were nice, sometimes mechanics got a little too chatty with friends and stopped production if the machine was broken.
Pros
Pay
Cons
1hr Drive from home
Good job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAJanuary 12, 2016
A very great place to work because of the multicultural and age environment.They hire hard-working employee who is committed to achieving excellence.
Pros
always overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IWCO Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9