IWCO Direct Employee Reviews in United States

Little pay managment CLUELESS
warehouse/material handler SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, PAApril 27, 2016
LOWEST PAYING JOB IN AREA. Every where else you go you start out making $2.00 more to start. Managment plays favorites with promotions and OT. Work most holidays including thanksgiving and News Year eve and Day. One year only had off CHRISTMAS DAY. BUYER BEWARE....
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
not the best job to have
1st Pressman (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 3, 2016
Pressroom manager could not manage a shoebox full of kittens let alone a pressroom full of employees.old outdated equiptment that they never put money into unless it breaks down which is an every day thing from being obsolete. some of the management is ok. coworkers are good people, but some lack skills or motivation to do the job so you have to pick up the slack. the hardest part of the job is the outdated machines and the lack of people they give you to do your job. you have to offload your own product on the inlines as well as run the press.Forced to work overtime because of the lack of employees to work with and the volume of work run through the company, the will dictate when you get time off. The best part of the job was getting time off so you could lead a life outside of IWCO, but that was not very often. A bad overall work environment.
Pros
good people, employees to work with
Cons
Bad management, outdated machines, forced overtime
poor middle management team
Equipment Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNNovember 23, 2015
People are great to work with but the management team is full of managers that don't know how to supervise or manage people. Its to bad too cause for 14 years I had same manager and we worked together great. But the new buddy buddy system pushed him out 2 years ago. And now its run by a group that if you didn't work them in past they will not let you go anywhere. Problem is they are all from failed companies wonder why. And when they are done they will run it out of business too.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
management team of morons
Okay
Lettershop Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 15, 2016
the hardest part of the job is finding something to do while the machine is broken. Most Co-Workers were nice, sometimes mechanics got a little too chatty with friends and stopped production if the machine was broken.
Pros
Pay
Cons
1hr Drive from home
Worked with 56 employees
Manufacturer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNNovember 11, 2015
Assign employees to work stations, constantly, watching quality and production. Track attendance and hire and discipline employees according to company policies. The hardest part of the job was working overnights.
Pros
Good benefits, exercise room, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Worked almost eery week-end
Not the greatest job
Material handler, shipping clerk, (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MN 55317February 22, 2016
I really didn't like working here, take advantage of most of the time. never appreciated. Always feeling like no matter how well you preform there was no reward coming.
Good job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAJanuary 12, 2016
A very great place to work because of the multicultural and age environment.They hire hard-working employee who is committed to achieving excellence.
Pros
always overtime
Production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAOctober 31, 2015
Operating mail sorting machines.
Helping co workers and managers
Enjoyable part of job is meeting new friends
I learned about the mail business
There was nothing hard about the job
great work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 15, 2015
a typical day meant coming in the morning talking with the other operators figure out what went well and what wasnt working well through out the day. everyday i learned something new whether or not it was on my own or from my co worker and boss. the managers there actually care about what you are doing and always tell you if you need something to come up to them. the hardest part of the job was alway the breakdown of the press, to breakdown a 100 ton printing press that has over 2000 moving parts gets very stressfull. the weekend was all ways the best part of the day
Pros
working with machinery/tools everyday
Cons
we worked 12 hour shifts but you got use to it after a while
They want your life. They have ping pong table but I did not see anyone use it.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 1, 2015
The place is very dirty. The machines are dirty. They have air-hoses to blow the machines out but no one uses the air-hoses to blow the machines out. Maintains people are more concerned about the offices instead of the letter shop where people are working 24/7. They DO NOT CLEAN around the machines at all. The operators can only clean so much in the time given for cleaning.
Some of co-workers are more concerned about running the machine than what their sorters are doing. They bring you in as a operator and have you sorting mail not running the machines.
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
You have to park in lot across street you end up walking about 1/2 mile to the door.
Very successful company. Productive, fun place to work. Good benefits.
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 28, 2015
Quality Auditor: Inspection and review of direct marketing materials ensuring quality of customer’s data and graphic standards are maintained. Notifying Managers, Supervisors, Leads, Trainers, and/or Machine Operator when non-compliant quality issues occur as well as collaborating with them as means to establish corrective action. Issuing daily shift reports, documenting various quality issues and actions taken. Entering quality incidents into AssurX database for tracking.
Pros
Nation's #1 Direct Marketing Co. Excellent commute and group of people
Cons
12-hour long shifts, typical salary
I Love My Job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, PaJuly 13, 2015
Great Job. I love everything about my Job INSERTING,MAILING,REDIRECTING,PACKING,MACHINE OPERATOR. I always Had a great time at my Job.
Pros
Great Work
Cons
N/a
A good place to work. Growing company
LEAD TECHNITION (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen MNFebruary 25, 2015
A challenging job up on arrival to end of day. A friendly place to work a diverse work environment. The best part of the day is working with the technicians. a good group of individuals.
Exciting environment
QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Elm City, NCFebruary 5, 2015
This work environment was exciting because there was always something new to learn or experience. It allowed train in different location and learn more about the production of the facility.
Decent place
Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNFebruary 18, 2015
i usually come into work check and clean facilities break room. and if winter time snow removal is priority. I've learned at this Job how to Work with all type of different cultures.
Worst employment imaginable
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNDecember 20, 2013
You must stand all 12 hours in a 3x6 foot area working on machines that are very poorly maintained. If they jam, you have to deal with it. Mechanics dont do squat. The commingle is horrid, very dry, dirty, sweaty working for 12 hours straight running back and forth and bending over. You and one other coworker have to clean out and fill trays to total 30,000 pieces of mail per hour while some lazy douche puts the mail into the machine. You CAN NOT have a soul while you are employed here.
Pros
$10/hr for not accomplishing anything
Cons
terrible machines, very loud, no social life, ignorant supervisors
Productive and fun work experience for most
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 30, 2013
A typical day at work would be to make at least 262,042 sorts. I learned that if you do not work as a team you will literally be exhausted. The management is great I loved my supervisor very direct, positive and knew what he was doing. There are going to be people you do not like of course that is with any job, but we were a family as I would put it. No matter the circumstances. The hardest job was to stand for 12 hours straight, but I got used to it. The most enjoyable I would have to say is that you get to meet some interesting people.
Lead Industrial technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 30, 2015
program PLC Allen Bradley, HMI SCADA, Trouble-shooting, Repair and service Production Equipment.

We work as a team.

Good management.

Noise.

Sharing ideas on the tasking projects.
good opportutinity for advancement
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMay 25, 2012
Started as a machine operator and in three months promoted to a team lead. Scheduled employees and worked as a supervisor on weekends. Attended daily meetings on behalf of our department. Worked with warehouse mail coordinators to ensure deadlines are met. Trained material handlers and helped them deliver the right materials to machines. Managed technicians and machine operators perform their tasks before the end of their shifts. Represented the company on job fairs and did some interviews. New hire orientations and on-the-job training
Management needs management lessons
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PaJanuary 14, 2013
Worked for another company before IWCO bought them out. Ever since business has declined in Hamburg facility. Don't know why when another company just down the road from us has an abundance of work. Honestly we are just waiting our time out until they close us down.
As for management; what a joke. They want an open dialogue but when you question something then you are viewed as a negative person with bad attitude. They are paying new hires more than some who are there longer, and expect the lesser paid to train them.
Hopefully some better days are ahead!
Pros
days off
Cons
weekend work. really no lunch break even for 12 hour shift