iWireless Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 31, 2015
Great company, wonderful benefits, customer base is great. Advancement within the company is hard. Co-workers on drugs, management knew but yet no action taken. Management was horrible.
Waste Of Time Only Take If You Need Check
Temp Auditor (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJuly 15, 2016
High school atmosphere. People are two faced. Constantly being sent home because management dont understand its staffing needs which causes paycheck shortages. Not willing to work around other things you have scheduled like school. Then they turn around and ask if you wanna work weekends. Employees are treated like kids from higher ups who are on a power kick. No job security what so ever. Training is minimum at best, your shown once how to do a job and thats it. Then its sink or swim. Can be fired at the drop of a hat for no reason. Have to pay for parking because its on the levy. Very little feed back on your job performance. No hope of full time placement. If your called into the hall, just grab your things so you dont have to go back in and waste your time, thats time you can spend looking for better job.

Take this job only if you need a paycheck, but I would definitely ask Adecco if they have another job and definitely don't stop looking for another job while your there. If you getting unemployment, keep the unemployment and keep looking.
Pros
Pay Check
Cons
Where to begin
No advancement opportunity
No Comment (Current Employee) –  iWirelessMay 9, 2015
After nearly 10 years there is no chance for advancement at all. They are not willing to compensate what an employee is actually worth and that's one of the reasons good employees are constantly leaving. The benefits are great and the main reason I am still there but I am looking more and more. I don't want to leave but it's time to explore other options. iWireless fails to realize that the cost of living continues to rise but increases are not near what they should be and they don't even cover the increase in insurance over the years
Benefits
Cons
No advancement, no recognition, no communication, I could go on and on
It's okay..
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 23, 2015
The hours are long and boring. Management is not the greatest. Pay is decent. Benefits are decent. The policies in general are a little screwy. Upper management will say one thing, imediate boss says another thing, making you feel like you're always doing something wrong.
Pros
free phone, benefits
Cons
short break, management, long hours, unwillingness to work around personal schedule
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 19, 2016
this company was a small one and everyone was like family. the work days went by fast and the job was enjoyable. Super management made for a good team to work for
Pros
QC Flames Hockey Tickets
Cons
Pay
professional and fun. I enjoyed this job
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  USA, California, San FranciscoFebruary 12, 2016
I can say in assuring the company I learned a lot . On the day we were served 50-60 customers, we have eliminated the problem of different smart phones , laptops and other electronic devices
Worst Corporate Enviroment I Have Ever Encountered
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 21, 2014
The CEO uses "I" all the time, there is no we or team there. It is a place where you are driven with a stick and fear. I would stay away!
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
cancerous culture
Job
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 23, 2015
I worked there for two months and never met the CEO or anyone else with upper management. It was overall a good place to work but management was not in tune with each other and did not care about their employees.
Fun workplace with good bosses
Customer Service/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 26, 2013
I have learned a lot of things about phones, and people working for Iwireless. I love having the knowledge about electronics. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the customers and my employees. There is always something to do.
Pros
working with people i like.
Cons
no benefits, or lunch breaks.
Fun, productive and flexible place to work
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  2827 Hamilton BoulevardMarch 1, 2012
IWireless has been a fantastic place to work! As a part-time wireless consultant, they were willing to work around my class schedules. The company pays well for an hourly position and offers commission to its employees.
Pros
high base pay, commission, scheduling flexibility
Cons
no part-time benefits
Professional and fast paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2014
A typical day at work consists of opening and closing alone. Customers come in either wanting to put time on their phone or they want to renew/start a new contract. Commission was earned for every renewal and every new contract, which was great incentive to get sales. I learned a ton about different kinds of phones and how to become a good salesperson. The management was fantastic. The owner and the manager knew absolutely everything about the company and knew the answers to every question imaginable. I didn't really have a close relationship with my coworkers since I worked alone everyday, but I got along with them the few times we worked together. The hardest part about the job was working alone. It's unsettling when there are questions being asked that I don't know the answer to and have to call the owner or manager with questions. The most enjoyable part was sincerely enjoying going to work every day.
I liked the variety of work.
Field Operations technician (Current Employee) –  Northern IowaJanuary 3, 2015
Typical day was to remotely check assigned sites.
Visit site if had issue.
Visit monthly 50 sites for preventative maintenance.
Management was sometimes difficult to get communications from.
The hardest part was sometimes the lack of communications from direct supervisor.
I did like the independence.
Pros
was able to freely prioritize my daily work.
Cons
lack of training on products
Not a great company
Smartphone sales representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant HIll, IowaFebruary 17, 2015
The managment people were rude, not easy to get along with, and was a very unreliable job. Gave me a knot in my stomach every day I came in to work because of the uneasy atmosphere. Management would drink during operating hours.
Cons
uneasy work atmosphere
Only if you absolutely need money
Wireless consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo IANovember 22, 2013
Bombed and depleted can explain two places, Afghanistan and Iwireless! Never have I been told lie after lie. Constant discrepancies with commission structure and constant back biting. Having a family emergencies such as death's in the family are completely YOUR FAULT and you have to find someone to replace your shift. As I said before this is a last resort job . The juice is not worth the squeeze !
Pros
free phone
Cons
inferior management and equally inferior products
iWireless
Customer Loyalty Team (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 16, 2014
work from 930am until close at 8pm. Start off with inbound sales/retention calls, then later in the day move into outbound call windows. I learned how to manage time and achieve sales. How to position sales offers to close. The hardest part of the job was outbound calling. Hitting sales numbers when you saw your final commissioned sales excel sheet.
Pros
casual atmosphere, good pay
Cons
possibility of department wide termination within 30 days of coming out of training
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 19, 2014
Great place to work and control your own income. Great work environment and great people to work with. sales goals are reasonable and reachable. management was informative and reliable.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 7, 2014
It was a customer service job with no advancement opportunities.
iwireless
sadona group tempt worker (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 4, 2014
i find it to be a great job to work but its just not enough hours to manage my life around
Fast paced and everyone has a good attitude.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 14, 2013
I enjoy my job. I have great co-workers. I've learned how to operate a cash register. I've gotten a lot of computer experience here. I am very good at talking to people.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Security (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 14, 2014
Mostly part time/as needed work available. Have seen lots of talent that have come to this venue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iWireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8