iWireless

iWireless Employee Reviews

It's okay..
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), IowaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free phone, benefits
Cons: short break, management, long hours, unwillingness to work around personal schedule
The hours are long and boring. Management is not the greatest. Pay is decent. Benefits are decent. The policies in general are a little screwy. Upper management will say one thing, imediate boss says another thing, making you feel like you're always doing something wrong.
Not a great company
Smartphone sales representative (Former Employee), Pleasant HIll, IowaFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: uneasy work atmosphere
The managment people were rude, not easy to get along with, and was a very unreliable job. Gave me a knot in my stomach every day I came in to work because of the uneasy atmosphere. Management would drink during operating hours.
I liked the variety of work.
Field Operations technician (Current Employee), Northern IowaJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: was able to freely prioritize my daily work.
Cons: lack of training on products
Typical day was to remotely check assigned sites.
Visit site if had issue.
Visit monthly 50 sites for preventative maintenance.
Management was sometimes difficult to get communications from.
The hardest part was sometimes the lack of communications from direct supervisor.
I did like the independence.
iwireless
sadona group tempt worker (Current Employee), Moline, ILNovember 4, 2014
i find it to be a great job to work but its just not enough hours to manage my life around
Worst Corporate Enviroment I Have Ever Encountered
Former Employee (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: cancerous culture
The CEO uses "I" all the time, there is no we or team there. It is a place where you are driven with a stick and fear. I would stay away!
iWireless
Customer Loyalty Team (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: casual atmosphere, good pay
Cons: possibility of department wide termination within 30 days of coming out of training
work from 930am until close at 8pm. Start off with inbound sales/retention calls, then later in the day move into outbound call windows. I learned how to manage time and achieve sales. How to position sales offers to close. The hardest part of the job was outbound calling. Hitting sales numbers when you saw your final commissioned sales excel sheet.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAOctober 7, 2014
It was a customer service job with no advancement opportunities.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 19, 2014
Great place to work and control your own income. Great work environment and great people to work with. sales goals are reasonable and reachable. management was informative and reliable.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Security (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 14, 2014
Mostly part time/as needed work available. Have seen lots of talent that have come to this venue.
Professional and fast paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2014
A typical day at work consists of opening and closing alone. Customers come in either wanting to put time on their phone or they want to renew/start a new contract. Commission was earned for every renewal and every new contract, which was great incentive to get sales. I learned a ton about different kinds of phones and how to become a good salesperson. The management was fantastic. The owner and the manager knew absolutely everything about the company and knew the answers to every question imaginable. I didn't really have a close relationship with my coworkers since I worked alone everyday, but I got along with them the few times we worked together. The hardest part about the job was working alone. It's unsettling when there are questions being asked that I don't know the answer to and have to call the owner or manager with questions. The most enjoyable part was sincerely enjoying going to work every day.
Fun workplace with good bosses
Customer Service/ Sales Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, IANovember 26, 2013
Pros: working with people i like.
Cons: no benefits, or lunch breaks.
I have learned a lot of things about phones, and people working for Iwireless. I love having the knowledge about electronics. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the customers and my employees. There is always something to do.
Only if you absolutely need money
Wireless consultant (Former Employee), Waterloo IANovember 22, 2013
Pros: free phone
Cons: inferior management and equally inferior products
Bombed and depleted can explain two places, Afghanistan and Iwireless! Never have I been told lie after lie. Constant discrepancies with commission structure and constant back biting. Having a family emergencies such as death's in the family are completely YOUR FAULT and you have to find someone to replace your shift. As I said before this is a last resort job . The juice is not worth the squeeze !
Fast paced and everyone has a good attitude.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Waterloo, IANovember 14, 2013
I enjoy my job. I have great co-workers. I've learned how to operate a cash register. I've gotten a lot of computer experience here. I am very good at talking to people.
non caring, non sympathetic company
CSR (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAJuly 4, 2013
This company don't care about their employees at all. The turn over rate is ridiculous.
Fun, productive and flexible place to work
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), 2827 Hamilton BoulevardMarch 1, 2012
Pros: high base pay, commission, scheduling flexibility
Cons: no part-time benefits
IWireless has been a fantastic place to work! As a part-time wireless consultant, they were willing to work around my class schedules. The company pays well for an hourly position and offers commission to its employees.