iWireless Employee Reviews

Great company
Retail Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 28, 2017
Great job with awesome incentives to sales consultants hit your sales goals make alot of money. I had alot of fun working for this company the culture is fantastic.
Lack of communication
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Quad Cities IllinoisApril 12, 2017
The company's management is run solely on emailing. Nobody ever picks up the phone, so theirs always confusion. If someone is no longer working with the company you will not be informed. So if you are calling or emailing them with no response your left clueless. And will get in trouble for contacting them. I often wonder why our turn over rate is really high. People quit ALOT with our company. There are a lot of women in the company so there is a lot of gossiping within the company. The company makes it obvious who there favorites are. As well as don't be surprised if your efforts go un noticed.. Good luck!!
Benefits
Cons
Not having a manger to help
no room for growth
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2017
Owned by great people but the management structure would never allow for growth. constantly changing commission structure made it impossible to advance financially
Do not recommend for long term
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 22, 2017
Its a great place to learn basic phone skills. It is not a place for a long term career. There is never enough staff upper management is a disaster they cant keep managers which makes it hard for staff to advance.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
No advancement no structure
Iwireless Review
Current Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 18, 2016
Iwireless is a company that does not provide structure within. The company has gone through multiple Vice PRESIDENTS, HR reps and not to mention store managers.
Not a well balanced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Burlington, IADecember 13, 2016
The management is not engaging to their employees. corporate is not consistent when dealing with employees. They don't appreciate the work/ life balance.
Pros
Free phone service
Cons
management not interested in employee satisfaction
It's ok however no one knows what their doing
Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 20, 2016
Management never knows what's going on. It's like middle school here. Everyone has a different answer. There is no type of agreement. The rules change every day.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No ones on same lage
Waste Of Time Only Take If You Need Check
Temp Auditor (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJuly 15, 2016
High school atmosphere. People are two faced. Constantly being sent home because management dont understand its staffing needs which causes paycheck shortages. Not willing to work around other things you have scheduled like school. Then they turn around and ask if you wanna work weekends. Employees are treated like kids from higher ups who are on a power kick. No job security what so ever. Training is minimum at best, your shown once how to do a job and thats it. Then its sink or swim. Can be fired at the drop of a hat for no reason. Have to pay for parking because its on the levy. Very little feed back on your job performance. No hope of full time placement. If your called into the hall, just grab your things so you dont have to go back in and waste your time, thats time you can spend looking for better job.

Take this job only if you need a paycheck, but I would definitely ask Adecco if they have another job and definitely don't stop looking for another job while your there. If you getting unemployment, keep the unemployment and keep looking.
Pros
Pay Check
Cons
Where to begin
Good Company
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 18, 2016
IWireless is a fantastic company. I have been here for about 4 months. The management really works with you on scheduling considering I was in school when I first started.
Benefits
Cons
Cap Overtime
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 19, 2016
this company was a small one and everyone was like family. the work days went by fast and the job was enjoyable. Super management made for a good team to work for
Pros
QC Flames Hockey Tickets
Cons
Pay
professional and fun. I enjoyed this job
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  USA, California, San FranciscoFebruary 12, 2016
I can say in assuring the company I learned a lot . On the day we were served 50-60 customers, we have eliminated the problem of different smart phones , laptops and other electronic devices
Great Company
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 31, 2015
Great company, wonderful benefits, customer base is great. Advancement within the company is hard. Co-workers on drugs, management knew but yet no action taken. Management was horrible.
Job
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 23, 2015
I worked there for two months and never met the CEO or anyone else with upper management. It was overall a good place to work but management was not in tune with each other and did not care about their employees.
No advancement opportunity
No Comment (Current Employee) –  iWirelessMay 9, 2015
After nearly 10 years there is no chance for advancement at all. They are not willing to compensate what an employee is actually worth and that's one of the reasons good employees are constantly leaving. The benefits are great and the main reason I am still there but I am looking more and more. I don't want to leave but it's time to explore other options. iWireless fails to realize that the cost of living continues to rise but increases are not near what they should be and they don't even cover the increase in insurance over the years
Benefits
Cons
No advancement, no recognition, no communication, I could go on and on
It's okay..
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 23, 2015
The hours are long and boring. Management is not the greatest. Pay is decent. Benefits are decent. The policies in general are a little screwy. Upper management will say one thing, imediate boss says another thing, making you feel like you're always doing something wrong.
Pros
Free phone, benefits
Cons
short break, management, long hours, unwillingness to work around personal schedule
Not a great company
Smartphone sales representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant HIll, IowaFebruary 17, 2015
The managment people were rude, not easy to get along with, and was a very unreliable job. Gave me a knot in my stomach every day I came in to work because of the uneasy atmosphere. Management would drink during operating hours.
Pros
Cons
Uneasy work atmosphere
I liked the variety of work.
Field Operations technician (Current Employee) –  Northern IowaJanuary 3, 2015
Typical day was to remotely check assigned sites.
Visit site if had issue.
Visit monthly 50 sites for preventative maintenance.
Management was sometimes difficult to get communications from.
The hardest part was sometimes the lack of communications from direct supervisor.
I did like the independence.
Pros
Was able to freely prioritize my daily work.
Cons
Lack of training on products
iwireless
sadona group tempt worker (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 4, 2014
i find it to be a great job to work but its just not enough hours to manage my life around
Worst Corporate Enviroment I Have Ever Encountered
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 21, 2014
The CEO uses "I" all the time, there is no we or team there. It is a place where you are driven with a stick and fear. I would stay away!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
cancerous culture
iWireless
Customer Loyalty Team (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 16, 2014
work from 930am until close at 8pm. Start off with inbound sales/retention calls, then later in the day move into outbound call windows. I learned how to manage time and achieve sales. How to position sales offers to close. The hardest part of the job was outbound calling. Hitting sales numbers when you saw your final commissioned sales excel sheet.
Pros
casual atmosphere, good pay
Cons
possibility of department wide termination within 30 days of coming out of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iWireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8