IWS Employee Reviews

Poor work evironment and management
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29624August 31, 2017
A typical workday involves inspections of truck trailers, fixing and replacing red tags (used to mark issues with that particular trailer) and catering to the truckers who come in with loads and working on the trucks to keep them up to DOT standards. Started with zero mechanical experience on trucks and trailers, slowly been taught the craft over ~2 years while working there. Shared experience with fellow mechanics to broaden all of our knowledge. some heavy lifting involved when working on the tractor trailer wheels and tandems. Lots of in fighting within management over who was in charge of which areas (mechanics, dispatch, etc.) Most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to learn something new everyday
Pros
Lot to learn
Cons
Poor management
Good people
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 6, 2017
A Good Company to work for and good miles and a good safe grew.They have good trucks and trailers.They have good dispatch skills and they also have direct tv service in the truck
Not what I expected
CAD Drafter/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 23, 2016
Did not tolerate any excuse of tardy/absent because I have a child with disabilities and that gets sick a lot. The company does not train you and does not have advancement options.
too much stress
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2016
management shows complete disrespect to workers. management has no kind of structure and they have no sense in how to talk to the employees. they are more worried about finding things wrong putting the blame on the employee and then holding it over there head.
Pros
laid back back job at times
Cons
management is very disrespectful at all times.
Productive and well organize company
Valet Trash (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2015
Around on different property's to remove customers trash from the bin. Learn different areas of central Florida. Management know what they are doing and well organize.
Pros
Hours are great
Family friendly workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 25, 2015
IWS was the best truck driving job I ever had, sadly my time there was cut short due to health issues. If I was able to return to the transportation industry I would go back to this company in a heart beat. The only problem I had was when it was time for me to come home, I would get called out before my time was over.
Pros
Good mileage, good equipment
Cons
Very short handed with drivers
Productive and fun place to work for
Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 7, 2014
Great staff, benefits were great. Worked there for over 4 years and I learned a lot and met some good people that made it sometimes feel like we were family. I learned about warranties and what is is like to be in the car industry.
Pros
Gift Cards, free lunches
Cons
No promotions
Young company Growing to quickly
Top Hand (Current Employee) –  Kaufman, TXOctober 3, 2014
IWS is an alright company to work for i have learned a lot but I am under payed for my line of work. there are many of times when job equipment is very unorganized in shop causing jobs to take longer than they should. Some of the management are unqualified for there positions and are no help to the crews when they need guidance on what needs to be done. i enjoy most of my co-workers we all get along and work very well with each other i like teaching green hands how to do what i do anywhere from working on the tower to hanging off the tower. the hardest part of my job honestly would have to be the climb and man handling heavy equipment to while hanging from the tower. what i enjoy most about my job would have to be the peacefulness of being 400 ft in the air and just taking in the scenery.
Pros
keeps you in shape
Cons
industry with most fatalities
Awful
Trucking dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 16, 2014
This place sucked. I was hired for this job thru a temp agency. The job was suppose to be a temp-hire position after 90 days, with pay increase. I did my 90 days only to learn that I was not going to be hired on full time and my pay was going to stay the same. I later learned after quitting that the reason I was not ever offered the full time position was because the lady that hired me thru the temp agency was the fiancé of my boss at the company. I also learned that the longer that she kept me on her payroll the more money she received, so she never had the intentions on converting me to full time with the company.. AGAIN THIS COMPANY IS A MESS!!!!
Great Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALMay 6, 2014
Good benefits and pay. Liked working there. Nice people and bosses. Really liked working there.
work load great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALApril 6, 2014
always something to do and people to help when need it good pay and benifits
Fast Paced
Client Services/Creative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2013
Fast paced environment, work on a lot of cool projects. Get to work with talented people, for a variety of big name clients in Phoenix and throughout the country. Great experience.
Steady work
Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Cottonton, ALNovember 17, 2012
I actually enjoyed working for IWS. The benefits package is good but there in NO JOB SECURITY here. The management openly talks about writing people up every chance they get and are constantly openly threatening peoples jobs. I found the best way to combat this was to just stay busy and never had to worry. Others weren't so lucky.
Pros
good work
Cons
employee morale
Fast Pace productive enviroment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALJuly 13, 2012
Operate lift to restore product to warehouse. Management is really good. Safety is first priority.
Pros
revolving shift
Cons
not enough pay for production
Great work environment, wonderful employees, top of the line work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2012
IWS is an incredible company with a massive reach in the community. The amount of resources provided in addition to a smart and innovative group of employees is beyond impressive.
Fast paced, enjoyable workplace
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2012
IWS is a great place to work - being a smaller company, they give you the opportunity to wear lots of hats and take ownership of projects and events. The people that work here are fun, easy going, good spirited people that work hard and enjoy what they do.
Pros
team lunches, good work/life balance
Cons
must be a go-getter and self sufficient