J&B Group, Inc. is a wholesale distributor and producer of quality food products based in St. Michael, Minnesota. We serve a variety of retail, foodservice and wholesale customers and processors on a regional and national scope. Our products and services include commodity proteins, branded, and custom cut meats in addition to on sight public cold storage and transportation services. J&B has been in business since 1979, has a solid reputation, and is aggressively determined to grow its business. We are a family owned, privately held company that prides itself in its dedication to customers and employees. If you want a truly great place to work with great career opportunities, look no further than the J&B Group.
We are seeking a Software Architect who is a technology leader and is responsible for designing, developing and managing applications through the company’s software packages. This position collaborates with end users and team members within the department to identify business requirements to meet business needs. All of this while respecting associates, customers, consumers and the communities that J&B serves.
Specific responsibilities include:
.Net: Design, create, document, and support architectures that require change over extended periods of time and are capable of supporting a variety of standard and custom products.
SQL Databases: Designs, develops, deploys and maintains SQL databases and/or business intelligence services. Designs and supports associated SQL services for business intelligence reporting. Defines and maintains security standards and adheres to industry best practices.
Task Forces/Project Teams: Participates on task forces and/or project teams and performs assignments and/or duties as assigned by the Applications Development Manager.
Develops Strong Working Relationships to Support Successful Interdepartmental Communication: Builds professional relationships throughout the company to gather requirements and ensure projects, processes and requests are being successfully implemented and communicated in a timely manner.
E-Commerce: Provide back-up for EDI and MEC processing Microsoft Applications: Design and Develops Microsoft applications as needed.
Miscellaneous: Responsible for system quality assurance, reliability and consistency with installations and deployments. Adhere to ETL design using integration services from various data sources.
Other duties as assigned: Performs assignments and/or duties as directed by Applications Development Manager
We seek an intuitive professional with a solid understanding of business logic and the ability to communicate technology in a way that is received by all levels of understanding. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, finance or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years .Net (C# or VB), ASP and MS Visual Studio and thorough knowledge of .Net framework
- 5 plus years SQL database design and access methods
- Must have solid understanding of business logic
- Ability to communicate technology in way that is received by all levels of understanding
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal, documentation and team-building skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Inquisitive, intuitive and results oriented
- Ability to be proactive and deal with stressful issues in a professional manner
- Excellent planning, time management, decision-making and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Flexibility with diverse personalities
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity
- Must be able to build and maintain quality working relationships with external/internal customers
- Execution-oriented, proven ability of delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in designing enterprise database applications
- General IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, documentation, standards, best practices, etc.)
- Ability to self-evaluate and quickly adapt to change
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and gainsharing. Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resource – Software Architect
J&B Group, Inc.
St. Michael, MN 55376
Like our No Name Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/NoNameSteaks
Web sites: www.nonamesteaks.com; www.jbgroupfoodservice.com
Like our new J&B Group Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/JBGroupInc
No phone calls please. MFDV/EOE