SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Provides administrative and technical assistance in the management of information security. Assists in developing, monitoring and enforcing practices to ensure that information is secure from unauthorized access and inappropriate alteration
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Monitor and report on network, system and application logs for security events.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and reporting. Liaisons with other departments within the company to ensure any new vulnerability are remediated in a timely manner.
- Evaluate security products to ensure compatibility with information security success criteria.
- Perform routine audits to ensure compliance with security policy and international and domestic privacy and security standards and best practices i.e. PCI, ISOISO/IEC 27000 series, and NIST.
- Maintain PCI compliance and security initiatives.
- Knowledge of information security principles
- Understanding of networks, operating systems, web applications, databases and a level of familiarity with common techniques used by attackers and malicious code.
- Knowledge of SIEM, web application firewalls, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability and compliance management software and various monitoring infrastructures.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of malware, i.e. Worms, Virus, Trojans.
- Experience with programming/scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, Shell scripting, XML.
- Experience with Windows.
- Proficient in word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Awareness and pride in 100% client satisfaction.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 1-4 years experience, entry-level with strong, security related educational background acceptable. Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES-AND/OR REGISTRATION: One or more of the following: CEH, Security+, CISSP, SANS Audit, Software Security, Security Administration, or Forensics.
PLANNING/ORGANIZATION: Prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, organize, and delegate tasks
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing, walking, talking, hearing/listening, using hands to finger, handle, feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouchining, or crawling, lifting up to 50lbs
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Indoor, Office, Bright lighting, adequate ventilation, heated/air conditioned
Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, you are urged to apply.