J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Creative stimulation environment.
Asst. Design in Outerwear, Pants, and Accessories (Former Employee), 770 BroadwayJanuary 28, 2015
J. Crew was a great place to work. A normal day consisted of sending Tech packs to production, choosing fabrics and colors for the new assortment. Sketching flats of outerwear and making CAD repeats.
I love J Crew
J Crew (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the employee discount
Cons: management teams
J crew is a great place to grow. everyone is positive and a team player.
Great team and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clinton, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: co workers, management, i enjoy working in sales.
Cons: no full time position available
I am a sales associate and I have learned various skills of working a retail job. I assist with shipment and inventory. I work with customers building sales and I am trained on the cash register. I can process online store orders through enterprise sales. My co workers are helpful to work with as a team especially when the store gets busy, management is patient and helpful and willing to train me for new school projects.
A great place to work for those willing to do what they need to
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 11, 2015
The J.Crew call center gets a bad rap for being a difficult place to work or succeed. I do not find this to be the case, at least for those willing to follow the rules and guidelines established for associates to adhere to. Lynchburg is a college town, and many college students do not yet have the maturity to understand the importance of maintaining customer confidentiality and why that necessitates not using your cell phone at the same station you are taking customer orders. If you are willing to pursue and work to move up, you will find those willing to give you a chance to show your skills and talents, but they are not going to hand it to you on a silver platter.
Great place to develop.
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Starting from the bottom you experience equal opportunity to succeed.
Great part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: substantial discount
Cons: break area sucks.
A great place to work. Fantastic employee discounted. Galleria location have great management staff. Flexible schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Was able to utilize the skills I've learned over the years with this company. Being employed with this company has allowed me to grow and learn more about being a leader as well as productive employee.
Jcrew is a prison
(lobby) ask for supervisor Brent Baker (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 21, 2014
The job at Jcrew is good, but management does not like to see you smile, and certainly talk. but yet if you are a goofball and a dummy they will do anything in the world for you. If you are a hard worker they will run over you
Opportunities for advancement
Store Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 18, 2014
J.Crew offers great benefits, competitive pay and opportunities for advancement.

Cons: There is no individual growth development training or on-going training. Associates must actively pursue opportunities that would allow for growth.
No Comment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Ontario, CADecember 17, 2014
J.Crew is a great place to work. Opportunities exist for highly motivated self-starters. Taking initiative is encouraged.
very fun and comfortable environment
Sales Support (Current Employee), Costa MesaDecember 16, 2014
very social and fun environment, management is approachable and make an effort to make you feel comfortable
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Distribution Center Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 14, 2014
Pros: health benefit options and paid time off
Cons: senior management and culture
Good health benefits and paid time off in exchange for the worst culture and senior leadership I have ever encountered in my 24 years as a professional. Very high turnover with middle management, largely due to the lack of support and ineffective decision making.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
After working this organization has poor benefits, low wages, no hours, and no opportunity for growth. its a great experience to gain customer service,and sales experience. Management plays favorites .
Great people, and and product
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2014
Great management team, product, and overall performance and quality of the brand.
JCREW Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTNovember 24, 2014
Learned how to interact with customers. Helped design mannequins and organized the store. Helped with the cash register. Sweep floors and made the store look presentable. Helped motivate employees with different incentives.
Retail job
Sales and Merchandising and Customer Service (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJNovember 13, 2014
Pros: lots of just out of college aged kids
Cons: long hours
Worked on the merch team for 2+ years. Hours were long and the senior management played favorites with team members.
Well structured infrastructure with congenial work environment.
SAP BASIS and Oracle DBA (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Well structured infrastructure with congenial work environment.
great lunch area
Picking and Packing (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 3, 2014
Weekend shift 6a-6p. 3 twenty minute breaks. standing constant moving.
Productive and extremely hectic
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAOctober 29, 2014
My day to day duties included everything from greeting and assisting customers into fitting rooms, with outfits, to occasionally working as cashier as well. Our goal at J. Crew was to make sure that every customer left satisfied with our customer services. We wanted the customers to know that they will do anything and everything that we can to meet their needs. If we did not have a certain item in our stores that they wanted, it was our responsibility to call other J. Crew locations to see if they had it, and if that didn’t work out then we would order certain products for the customers online and if was not available for them in certain sizes then we would use the what we called the red phone in the store and order products for the customers outside of California and made sure that their orders got shipped to their front steps.
I loved working for J.Crew
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 27, 2014
J.Crew was a fun company to work for, it didnt even feel like work while I was there.

1 2 3 4 5

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Photos