J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace, fun and flexiable with hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 9, 2016
I love working at Jcrew. I've learned how to fold a proper way and to be very neat. And also play with colors when they don't collide... but you have to experiment. Managers and co-workers have a very close relationship professionally and always get along. The hardest part of the job is learning many things at once but it's all about the hands on experience and all employees will help you with whatever you need. What I love about working at Jcrew is that it is a fast pace job with a lot of responsibilities, but it is a very fun environment and everyone is friendly.
Enjoyed working there as a seasonal employee. Good Structure.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 4, 2016
They had a good training program and set good expectations. Let you know when you were doing a good job. Managers did a good job of training. Co workers were courteous but did not have a lot of interaction during my short time of employment.
Pros
Clean plant, good atmosphere
Cons
No benefits due to seasonal job
Wonderful place to gain experience
Sample Closet Manager / Fashion Librarian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
J.Crew is a wonderful place to work. The employees are very pleasant and the corporate offices are extremely laid back.
Needs work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 29, 2016
My overall experience has been pleasant, but I have seen the company's handling of employees. They do not treat employees fairly. They have let go of several employees for unjustified reasons.
great call center
email/chat service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2016
My time working here has been great. Amazing amount of hours given to associates who only work part time. It is a call center, but advancement is definitely doable.
Pros
PTO, laid back atmosphere, casual dress
Cons
it's a call center
An Amazing Job!
Induction Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 14, 2016
I loved working here the most because it balanced my life out and everyone was pretty good to work with. All co-workers were pretty awesome and never really had a problem with anyone.
fun warehouse job
Merchandising Processer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 10, 2016
with the company we made sure every customers needs on a order was made and our return rate was below a certain goal (goal changed every day due to company needs)
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTJanuary 7, 2016
Basically you come in, clock in, and get working. The story strives heavily for visual standards so most of your time will be spent making sure everything looks perfect and a lot of folding. Decent pay for what we do. Management is well balanced and great, very nice people.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Well Managed, Good Discounts
Cons
Customers, Work Load(at times)
Great Clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 3, 2016
Being a person who loves fashion, one of the best parts of the day was seeing clients and staff working together to create new fashionable looks.
if you you like retail this may be the job for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2015
This job was extremely heavy on routine. You come in, sweep the floors in the morning, and fold clothes for the rest of the day. Occasionally you take a break to operate the cash register or assist a customer. other than that the job wasn't much of a challenge nor did it require much individual thought. I learned quite bit about clothes as far as tailoring and terminology. I could feel the pressure from the "higher ups" in the company on the managers via emphasis placed on selling crew cards or other ancillary task that didn't ad to the customers experience. Nonetheless they were great people. the coworkers were a bit gossipy but positive upbeat folks as well. the hardest part of this job was waking up feeling like i knew exactly what to expect the next day; waking up knowing that i would spend the day doing something that felt empty. the best part was learning more about fashion and higher end customer buying patterns
Pros
nice discounts
Cons
borering, repetitive, lack of fulfillment.
Good job for college students
merchandise processor (Former Employee) –  Forest, VADecember 5, 2015
Its a very good job for someone who has a set amount of hours they would like to work. If your considering this job long term don't take the position unless your completely sure of the amount you wish to work.
Team work
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2015
Amazing team members, everyone looks out for the best for each other. Everyone wants to help you. It's a nice store, everyone works as a team and helps everyone out.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
hours
Work in the warehouse
Goodstock (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 15, 2015
Put up good stock and help out on replenishment when needed to put it up. I move good stock when needed to from place to place with a pallet jack.
Cool place to work.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2015
On a typical day you would help customers, keep the store clean/tidy, do go-backs, help customers, etc. Fun place to work and friendly people.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks
fast paced work environment.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 13, 2015
I only worked at JCREW Lynchburg facility for 4 months, and I can say it was a fast paced work environment. We worked 12 hours shifts and we stood the whole time.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 12, 2015
Worked both in the back and on floor. Managing projects and coordinating employees. Hardest part was working on holidays. Most enjoyable part was excellent management team.
Fantastic
Manager - IT Risk, Privacy & Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Great working culture/team with the resilience required to grow a cybersecurity startup in NYC. Transformational approaches towards solving IT Security both tactically and strategically.
A very hard worker, who loves to learn and grow.
Sales Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2015
I am a hard worker, team player, and love to take on new tasks. I love to learn and grow and learn new things every day. It is a fun team environment where everyone helps each other learn and grow. My co-workers have been and are so helpful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2015
J.Crew is generally good to their employees. They offer competitive wages, good discounts, opportunity for advancement, and rewards stores for meeting sales and e-mail capture goals, which is nice when they recognize and praise you for those types of things.
productive and fast pace work enviorment
Associate store Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 1, 2015
Great company to work for, but very hard to advance. It a very fast pace environment with always something to do. The customers we have are great , they are very loyal and always come back which is what we always look forward to.