J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Easy to do
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 2, 2015
Employees were very hands on with showing me my job responsibilities step by step. Once I got on the job is was a friendly, comfortable environment.
Great place to work, little room for advancement
Sales Associate/Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
J. Crew is an enjoyable place to work that is both well managed and innovative. However, advancement within the company is difficult and recognition for ones work is readily overlooked.
Fun Environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not following through and executing as promised
I love working for the company, but it's no longer paying the bills.

I wish I'd see more action and "follow through" from upper management.
typical day
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 23, 2015
come in, have start up with the whole team, get the updates of days status of incoming and outgoing packages, begin the day. Overall some supervisors are friendly. Feel as if you can not go to your supervisors or mangers about anything, so the open door policy does not work. Work environment is not friendly.
fun
-Greeting customers
-Stocking of merchandise
-Ringing of sales
-Cleaning of the store
Fun atmosphere and great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers and customers.
Cons: nothing i really disliked
I worked every position and my hard work was rewarded with flexibility. If I needed time off it was not an issue; when not, I was able to work almost full time. I enjoyed the atmosphere and my coworkers were great.
Highly productive and fast paced place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, PA-Tanger OutletsFebruary 14, 2015
At J Crew, we are a fast- paced with high volume of sales in a typically nice weather day. I have learned many things during my short time in retail: these include; dressing mannequins, selling credit cards, meeting sales quotas, and satisfying all customers to the fullest. Our managers push us to the fullest extent to make sure we are doing the best that we can do at our job.
Hard work pays off.
Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great discount, great people, and passionate customers.
Cons: long hours, working on weekends.
Good company too work for. Offer great opportunity in advancement if you show the passion and work ethic. Brand has an amazing vision and all work toward the overall satisfaction of the customer.
Great company for opportunity and advancement.
Visual Merchant (Current Employee), Lynnfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
J. Crew has greatly advanced my career in the last 4 years. Although I enjoy the company, and appreciate its care towards my passions, I am looking for position with more design opportunities, and less one-on-one customer service. Being in a store setting with ever changing hours can be exhausting. I've learned that the part I love the most is the visual merchandising aspect. I would like a schedule, and a position that supports my continuing education towards a Masters Degree in Graphic design, and I don't feel like this is possible, in a reasonable amount of time, while being in the field.
Good for Temporary Assignment
Customer Sales Associate (Part-Time Seasonal) (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: schedules were not flexible or accommodating.
I liked working here but would have liked to at a different capacity. Most co-workers were immature and unfriendly. Hardest part was getting a perfect score after interacting with customers via phones.
Great company with amazing compensation package
Client Specialist (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not any that i can think of at the moment
I have worked for J.Crew for over 8 years and thoroughly enjoyed my colleagues and management. There is great opportunity for advancement and a great compensation package.
Great fun environment to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work includes returns, dealing with cash, helping clients with any needs, maintaining the store, process purchases, and create online orders.
production at jcrew is torture
PRODUCTION (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
horrible management w/ no hope of promotion
very boring day to day job w/ no challenges
the department as a whole is very depressing and not exciting to work in, its like walking into a black cloud
Creative stimulation environment.
Asst. Design in Outerwear, Pants, and Accessories (Former Employee), 770 BroadwayJanuary 28, 2015
J. Crew was a great place to work. A normal day consisted of sending Tech packs to production, choosing fabrics and colors for the new assortment. Sketching flats of outerwear and making CAD repeats.
I love J Crew
J Crew (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the employee discount
Cons: management teams
J crew is a great place to grow. everyone is positive and a team player.
Great team and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clinton, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: co workers, management, i enjoy working in sales.
Cons: no full time position available
I am a sales associate and I have learned various skills of working a retail job. I assist with shipment and inventory. I work with customers building sales and I am trained on the cash register. I can process online store orders through enterprise sales. My co workers are helpful to work with as a team especially when the store gets busy, management is patient and helpful and willing to train me for new school projects.
A great place to work for those willing to do what they need to
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 11, 2015
The J.Crew call center gets a bad rap for being a difficult place to work or succeed. I do not find this to be the case, at least for those willing to follow the rules and guidelines established for associates to adhere to. Lynchburg is a college town, and many college students do not yet have the maturity to understand the importance of maintaining customer confidentiality and why that necessitates not using your cell phone at the same station you are taking customer orders. If you are willing to pursue and work to move up, you will find those willing to give you a chance to show your skills and talents, but they are not going to hand it to you on a silver platter.
Great place to develop.
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Starting from the bottom you experience equal opportunity to succeed.
Great part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: substantial discount
Cons: break area sucks.
A great place to work. Fantastic employee discounted. Galleria location have great management staff. Flexible schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Was able to utilize the skills I've learned over the years with this company. Being employed with this company has allowed me to grow and learn more about being a leader as well as productive employee.

1 2 3 4 5

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Photos