J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

It's decent.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 24, 2017
Not too hard of work. Pretty good environment and atmosphere. Cool people that work here. Not too shabby. I would recommend, by I wouldn't want to go back to work there.
Pros
Easy work. Cool people.
Cons
Can be monotonous.
Fun and vibrant work environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 22, 2017
A great company to work for that really values their customers and employees. The culture is upbeat and positive and the managers are committed to the success of the whole sales team. I gained great insight into making and building sales, as well as establishing lasting relationships with clients.
Pros
Great clothes, passionate employees, enjoyable
Cons
Pay is not the greatest
hit or miss
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 18, 2017
Some managers complain way too much. It's a difficult way to work, because it looks unprofessional to the customer. On the other hand, I also had phenomenal managers who always had a great attitude. It really depends on who's working that day.
Pros
Easy-going environment
Cons
Sometimes you won't get a break
Save yourself.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 17, 2017
It was good pay, but it honestly made me depressed, the job takes a lot of time and is the bare minimum for living wages. Getting days off were hard. People also constantly liked to get each other in trouble.
Pros
Incentives, coworkers and benefits
Cons
Horrible managers, constant work drama
Loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 16, 2017
I loved working here. It was easy and friendly and always interesting! Stocking and helping people always kept us busy. I hated that I didn't get any hours in the end though. that is my only negative
Pros
fun, interesting, friendly
Cons
hours
Great clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 16, 2017
Pretty good company to work for. They are up on current styles. Overall quality seemed to go down but they are getting better. Pay isn't the best and they require on call shifts
Fast paced enjoyable work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAMay 14, 2017
J crew taught me how to talk to the public and work with many different personalities. J crew is fast paced it's enjoyable there was always work to do
Great Place to Work
Market/Store Director (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551May 12, 2017
I have worked for J.Crew on two separate occasions and really enjoyed it. You meet great people and there is a great management team in place that makes you feel valued.
Terrible company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 10, 2017
The company does not treat their associates very well. This location is run poorly and the company does a terrible job of training employees and empowering them. There is no room for growth or advancement in the company which is the reason I left.
Just a stepping Stone.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCMay 9, 2017
Raises are 10 to 15 CENTS yearly, low hourly wage for the work required and expected. From what I've seen managment positions are not based on knowledge or years of experience worked with the company. No job security which makes a very tense work environment.
I'm going to school but if you're looking for long term, I would not recommend working for this distribution center.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Management, short breaks, job security.
Fun wprk place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 8, 2017
I love the fast pace in the summer and spring break i also enjoyed doing the visuals for the store. I loved the interaction with the customers and being in a friendly work environment.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Driving to destin
Waste of time and efforts
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
The flexibility is great however hours are horrible and very inconsistent which is to be expected with retail I assume. No room for advancement unless you're willing to wait 5+ years. If you're thinking I'll start retail and try for corporate, think again. Management tends to be very rude. Most importantly the pay is in excuseable, raises are giving yearly if you're lucky you'll get 25 cents. Company is sinking and they are doing a horrible job at keeping their employee's motivated, and interested.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid time off, inconsistency, horrible pay, slim to no chance of advancement.
jcrew
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEMay 6, 2017
jerk managers are not there to help you and you get paid like minimum wage and you are literally sweating your entire shift it's a horrible job. never would go back there.
Cons
managers being mean
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 5, 2017
Great for part time college goers. Decent start pay and very flexible hours. Management was great at my store although that could vary from branch to branch.
High Volume retail store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 3, 2017
JCrew Factory at the Philadelphia Outlets is a fast pace, high volume store. It's a fun environment, but with responsibilities and challenges at hand!
Changing environment with good people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 30, 2017
Work load is split between different departments but generally repetitive. Some opportunities for advancement but many changes have been taking place causing issues.
great atmosphere
Sorting and Packing (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 28, 2017
Working for J. Crew was enjoyable and uplifting. Staff and employees were always in sync and worked well together. Great opportunity for long term employment.
lots of change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAApril 24, 2017
the company was going through a lot of change in structure of corporate and has since been bought out. great clothes but the connection to upper management lacked
Awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 20, 2017
Loved working at this location and this staff. Managers were amazing and really allowed for questions and let us learn while also guiding us in the right direction.
okay
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 19, 2017
Upper management takes advantage of employees. Little room to grow but expected in retail. Many hours low pay. Management requires busy work . Great employee discounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J. Crew Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.