J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Jcrew is a prison
(lobby) ask for supervisor Brent Baker (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 21, 2014
The job at Jcrew is good, but management does not like to see you smile, and certainly talk. but yet if you are a goofball and a dummy they will do anything in the world for you. If you are a hard worker they will run over you
Opportunities for advancement
Store Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 18, 2014
J.Crew offers great benefits, competitive pay and opportunities for advancement.

Cons: There is no individual growth development training or on-going training. Associates must actively pursue opportunities that would allow for growth.
No Comment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Ontario, CADecember 17, 2014
J.Crew is a great place to work. Opportunities exist for highly motivated self-starters. Taking initiative is encouraged.
very fun and comfortable environment
Sales Support (Current Employee), Costa MesaDecember 16, 2014
very social and fun environment, management is approachable and make an effort to make you feel comfortable
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Distribution Center Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 14, 2014
Pros: health benefit options and paid time off
Cons: senior management and culture
Good health benefits and paid time off in exchange for the worst culture and senior leadership I have ever encountered in my 24 years as a professional. Very high turnover with middle management, largely due to the lack of support and ineffective decision making.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
After working this organization has poor benefits, low wages, no hours, and no opportunity for growth. its a great experience to gain customer service,and sales experience. Management plays favorites .
Great people, and and product
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2014
Great management team, product, and overall performance and quality of the brand.
JCREW Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTNovember 24, 2014
Learned how to interact with customers. Helped design mannequins and organized the store. Helped with the cash register. Sweep floors and made the store look presentable. Helped motivate employees with different incentives.
Retail job
Sales and Merchandising and Customer Service (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJNovember 13, 2014
Pros: lots of just out of college aged kids
Cons: long hours
Worked on the merch team for 2+ years. Hours were long and the senior management played favorites with team members.
Well structured infrastructure with congenial work environment.
SAP BASIS and Oracle DBA (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Well structured infrastructure with congenial work environment.
great lunch area
Picking and Packing (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 3, 2014
Weekend shift 6a-6p. 3 twenty minute breaks. standing constant moving.
Productive and extremely hectic
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAOctober 29, 2014
My day to day duties included everything from greeting and assisting customers into fitting rooms, with outfits, to occasionally working as cashier as well. Our goal at J. Crew was to make sure that every customer left satisfied with our customer services. We wanted the customers to know that they will do anything and everything that we can to meet – more... their needs. If we did not have a certain item in our stores that they wanted, it was our responsibility to call other J. Crew locations to see if they had it, and if that didn’t work out then we would order certain products for the customers online and if was not available for them in certain sizes then we would use the what we called the red phone in the store and order products for the customers outside of California and made sure that their orders got shipped to their front steps. – less
I loved working for J.Crew
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 27, 2014
J.Crew was a fun company to work for, it didnt even feel like work while I was there.
Great environment, but a lot of sitting!
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: cubicle-style work space
In my typical day, as I did every day, I answered the phone with an elegant remark as, "Thank you for calling J.Crew, my name is Kayla, how can I help you today?" After my introduction I would then apply my training, guides, and policies to use by assisting the customer in their needs. I learned a lot about myself, and found that sitting in a cubicle – more... in a call center is just not for me. My co-workers were the best part about the job- everyone is friendly and willing to give you a helping hand whenever you needed it. – less
Great place to work.
Sales Support (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 16, 2014
Great part-time job for people who are passionate about fashion, visual merchandising, customer service, and recruiting.
Productive and engaging work environment
International Marketing Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
Co-Workers were extremely helpful and pleasant.
Great desk set ups and computers.
Room for advancement.
Great place to work part time.
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER/PERSONAL SHOPPER (Former Employee), Commerce, GAOctober 14, 2014
I worked with them for over 4 years and don't have a single negative thing to say about the company.
Excellent place to work
Sales and Clientele Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Very organized and structured work environment. J.crew takes training seriously and invests on its people.
Very nice and easy work place
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: amazingly flexible with schedules
Cons: short lunches
I enjoyed working at Jcrew and had my longest stay with this company. I felt nothing but support when it came to the management. I just was able to maintain the distance/attendance.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 23, 2014
My coworkers feel like family. We have a great client database. The discount is fantastic.

1 2 3 4 5

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Photos