J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast pace and reactive store environment
Market Visual Merchandising Manager - Lead (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJune 27, 2015
My day started in a store with a merchandising walk through, analyzing the business and coming up with a game plan to get merchandising moves done in a timely manner. Before moves were done before/after photo's were taken for training and global use for training managers from a distance.
Best part of my job was being creative and coming up with solutions to presentations that could help the entire company. I enjoyed the people I worked with in the stores and being able to train in the moment. Hardest part of my job was trying to make an impact in 32 stores without being in them each day.
Productive and fun workplace
JR Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Great company, laxed culture, great work/life balance, co-workers friendly, ample work. A combination of good people, culture, and work make this company an excellent prospect.
ok
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
ok place to work. I liked the people and the work was challenging and rewarding at times. interfaced across multiple departments.
n/a
Merchandising Manger (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 12, 2015
J Crew is a great company to work for. A Great learning experience and a great place to build client relationships. If you live outside of New York or Chicago you will not be given an opportunity to grow or move up. The entire company is run off what happens in those two cities and not on a global scale.
Good group of folks
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJune 11, 2015
In my time at JCrew, I found everyone to work together extremely well. We were able to implement many terrific changes. I'll miss the place!
Sold half million dollars in one year and got a candy bar
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), Park City, UTJune 10, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: high pressure, low reward
I was a personal shopper at this store and sold half a million dollars worth of product in one calendar year. I received a hersheys candy bar with a hand written note from some corporate person. And the candy bar was broken.
A great temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 31, 2015
Pros: 5 free 50% discounted items a month with a constant 30%.
Cons: Full time is 37, 5 hours (8 hour days minus a 30 min lunch), no set schedules or office space.
A typical day at work in the Call center is signing in to your phone and immediately getting a call from a customer who wants to return something from a year ago that has been worn out. This is a great temporary extra cash earning job around holiday seasons, but only few are retained after the season ends. End of year reviews stop in February and will take a roll over of negative information from the previous year, but no personal/sick time that wasn't used can be rolled over. Management has picked the people they want to advance and fill positions that open periodically, before posting said jobs. i know this review sounds more negative then positive, but this reviewer is stating fact not opinion. It really is a great place to work temporarily, and co-workers are like a tight knit family, but management seems a little out of touch and advancement or wage advance ment happens once a year and one bad section of your review can make or break whether you recieve a raise, no matter how well you exceeded expectations in other areas.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 31, 2015
This company strives to create a fun and energetic shopping environment and truly cares for both their customers and employees.
Fun Place To Work. Very good for students.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
My store has amazing management, and I think that can really make or break it. They're very fun during the day and flexible when it comes to hours -even if it's last minute.
The hard part is the daily promos and dealing with customer issues, but nothing too terrible.
Job advancement is accessible, but difficult if you want to move to corporate.
Pay and discount are great.
Productive and Efficient Enviroment to Work In
Team Leader (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Typical day is supervising and managing the shipping department. Overseeing all employees and making sure trailers are shipped and dispatched on time. Supervising the transport of high valued packages to their appropriate destination. Utilize Microsoft Office extensively in conjunction with advance software that manages not only the shipping sorter but all packages that are processed through the shipping department.
Great team of experienced assoiciates and Great benefits and work life balance
Inbound & Returns Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Great work life balance and excellent benefits. A lot of challenges and opportunities for process improvements but that is what makes it an interesting and fun for me, no day is ever the same.
Pretty good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Opened 27/7
I work the overnight shift at the J.Crew call center. The overall atmosphere is pretty relaxed, as well as the management. Overall dealing with the customers, they are pretty nice compared to customers that I've dealt with at other call centers. They have pretty good incentives for sales, and it's just a good place to work. I would recommend this job to a friend.
JCrew
Hiring and Training Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 19, 2015
Okay work environment. There was a lot of tension between management. Pay is good and so is the discount. Not a clear defined path of what is required of you.
Call Center Review
Customer Service and Quality Assurance (Former Employee), San AntonioMay 10, 2015
Pros: great work environment, no handle time, no adherence time, great vacation, nice coworkers, discounts, incentives each month, relaxed dress code
Cons: favoritism by management, low pay, expensive benefits, policies constantly changing, 401k after a year, limited advancement opportunities, technology is antiquated
As a client specialist you answer incoming calls about placing orders, troubleshoot problems that occurred during delivery or at the warehouse and answer questions about the products. I learned to manage my time efficiently, how to persuade customers to buy things and sign up for credit cards over the phone. I learned to basically give people whatever they want so they keep shopping with us. I guess you can say I learned how to become "empowered" which is a word management loves to use. I moved to quality assurance for 2 years where I REALLY learned more about the company, metrics and what's important to management. That got old and monotonous and there was management issues, big time in the department when I was there. I went to the wedding department after that, which I enjoyed greatly. The calls were different, we had more to do between calls, like answer emails. It's just that they have that team constantly in overflow. You didn't always feel like a wedding specialist because you were taking all kinds of other calls. The biggest disappointment for me is that this company makes it very difficult to move up. They consistently promote others who, I feel, will go with the status quo and not question management. This company seems to like to short cut and it could be because they aren't doing well or they are overly frugal. They constantly have everyone in overflow instead of hiring more people and they don't pay bilingual speakers an incentive for taking those calls.I really wanted to stay, but the pay was too low and the lack of opportunities made me leave.
A great place to work if you have the right management
Lead Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: pay, discount, corporate culture
Cons: retail hours
I have worked in the store for almost two years. I am a lead cashier and am in charge of opening and closing all registers, as well as helping train employees when necessary. I am the next step before a manager when there is an issue, so I have to know how to work with customers and find a solution to their problems.

My store has amazing management. I have never had managers who have been anything except helpful, supportive, and understanding. I know this isn't the case for every store, so it can depend on where you're working.

The pay is above-average and the employee discount is fantastic (also applies to Madewell). There is room for upward movement, but it can be very competitive depending on where you are (especially applying to corporate).

The hours are what you expect from retail, some long days, early mornings, and late nights, but nothing too terrible.
On-calls can be annoying, but I understand why they exist, and they're only a problem in the slow months.

All-in-all I've loved my job here.
Friendly environment built for success.
Sales/Service Agent (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 1, 2015
JCrew is a fast paced call center that values customerservice above all esle. It trains its employees to help customers with all issues.
Good place to work if youre in the click.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was pricing merchandise for the clearance store. I learned a lot there since I was there for 28 years. The management were all young and had their own little click going on and not so nice to their associates.
The job was not hard at all.
The most enjoyable part was the great co workers I worked with,very kind and
condsiderate, minus your bad seeds.The company overall is unfair and are looking to get rid of people that have been there for years.
Good Benefits
Distribution Center Flow Supervisor (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Vaction
Cons: Leadership
Competitive benefits but not salary. Poor leadership. Little to no room for advancement and no career development for current leadership team.
i love the job
Customer Service Representative - international (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2015
Human resource does not respect open door policy as they should. Management makes the jobs terrible. I have had two great supervisors.
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here. Fun and fashionable workplace. Lets a person be creative and express themselves. They have caring management that is there to help and make sure you are successful.

1 2 3 4 5

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Salaries