J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Customer Service
Assocaite Manager (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CAMarch 20, 2015
I got a lot from this position. I learned a lot about customer service and how we always want to help the customer as much as we could and will always tell them yes.
great work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lynchburg vaMarch 20, 2015
• Accurately process orders using customer invoice by obtaining merchandise from warehouse locations using catalog numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities to match documentation
• Package merchandise orders to match invoices and send to shipping for customer delivery
• Process customer returns and exchanges through computer database by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills
• Performs inspections of returns and enters information and return locations into database
• Investigate problem store returns to analyze and correct issues by matching documentation with accurate locations and resolving to assure customer satisfaction
• Trains new employees on proper customer return documentation and investigation processes
Fun Community Workplace Setting
Sales Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: crew clothes, great music soundtrack, above minimum wage pay
Cons: commission stopped
Working as a sales associate at J. Crew is different than at other stores because the company ensure that workers are always happy. Management is always respectful of workers and is always supportive throughout the workday. The headsets that we use at work promote a sense of community that allows us to not only do our job to the best of our ability, but to also ensure that our co-workers do as well. The managers will frequently send shout outs to employees throughout the shift to make sure that credit is paid where it is due. Overall, it's an upbeat, friendly, somewhat competitive environment that is never completely dull. It's a pleasure to work here!
Ciao
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYMarch 14, 2015
This company no longer has a US presence because of in effective management and marketing. I loved the brand and the clothing they designed and was very sad to see them go
Prominent Workplace in Lynchburg
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 12, 2015
Good place for seasonal work, Good benefits for full time workers through anthem, competitive work environment and 3 separate shifts for work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 9, 2015
- Presented customers with options of purchases in order to push sales

- Operated point of sale system and efficiently processed transactions

- Ordered merchandise and maintained the responsibilities of inventory in the stock room and on the selling floor

- Assisted creation of the sales floor displays

- Developed spread sheets for product launch timelines
Clothing company with nice atmosphere and great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2015
I really enjoyed working at the J. Crew on south university. It was a short job as I only worked over the summer but I really loved the people there. The managers are friendly, they train you well and if you are a hard worker and show interest they want to help you move up.
J. CREW is for the more relaxed worker!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2015
My time at J. Crew was great! Met alot of cool people as far as coworkers go. The vibe is alot more laid back at J. Crew being that it's more of a mature crowd and whole families that shop there. My personal style isn't necessarily that of J. Crews and I enjoy a bit more of a challenge and fast-pace environment, but I cant deny that I did enjoy my time there and learned alot!
Productive and Great learning environment
Freelance Assistant Designer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
-Great Work Environment
-Creative Teams
-Constantly learning new things
-Hard working teams always pushing you to be the best
Look For Better Employement
J.Crew - P.I.E. Driver (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: pay
A typical day at J.Crew is a start up meeting, followed by the intercom blaring, followed by people that have no clue. I learned that advancement is not an option, your yearly raise is 0.35 if your lucky,and as a added bonus..... you might get a $25 gift card, although the company will tax. I know right? who taxes a gift card! Wait it does get better! To add insult to injury, The company will post information about donating millions of dollars to elephants in Africa. YET... the basic utensils in the breakroom are M.I.A. How that happens is beyond me, but soon enough (You still have time to withdraw your application) you will be in processing, wondering why a multi-billion dollar company can have employees TAPE work equipment together? Management honestly isn't that bad, some of them can be sneaky and lie, however that is going to be anywhere. They have good and bad. Co-workers are very cliquey. So the sooner you make friends the better. The hardest part is trying to understand why it takes so long for anyone to find better employement. and the most enjoyable is the 5 weeks PTO
great place to work, everyone was nice and helpful.
Induction associate (Former Employee), Lynchburg VAMarch 3, 2015
my typical day a work was being in the group meeting and knowing what i would be doing. things that i have learned was how to put boxes on the assembly line the correct way. my coworkers were nice and when i need help they made sure i understand the proper way to get the work done and in a timely manner. i had no hard parts about my job. the most enjoyable part of the the job was when i was walking as a team to get the tasks done.
Easy to do
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 2, 2015
Employees were very hands on with showing me my job responsibilities step by step. Once I got on the job is was a friendly, comfortable environment.
Great place to work, little room for advancement
Sales Associate/Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
J. Crew is an enjoyable place to work that is both well managed and innovative. However, advancement within the company is difficult and recognition for ones work is readily overlooked.
Fun Environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not following through and executing as promised
I love working for the company, but it's no longer paying the bills.

I wish I'd see more action and "follow through" from upper management.
typical day
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 23, 2015
come in, have start up with the whole team, get the updates of days status of incoming and outgoing packages, begin the day. Overall some supervisors are friendly. Feel as if you can not go to your supervisors or mangers about anything, so the open door policy does not work. Work environment is not friendly.
fun
-Greeting customers
-Stocking of merchandise
-Ringing of sales
-Cleaning of the store
Fun atmosphere and great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers and customers.
Cons: nothing i really disliked
I worked every position and my hard work was rewarded with flexibility. If I needed time off it was not an issue; when not, I was able to work almost full time. I enjoyed the atmosphere and my coworkers were great.
Highly productive and fast paced place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, PA-Tanger OutletsFebruary 14, 2015
At J Crew, we are a fast- paced with high volume of sales in a typically nice weather day. I have learned many things during my short time in retail: these include; dressing mannequins, selling credit cards, meeting sales quotas, and satisfying all customers to the fullest. Our managers push us to the fullest extent to make sure we are doing the best that we can do at our job.
Hard work pays off.
Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great discount, great people, and passionate customers.
Cons: long hours, working on weekends.
Good company too work for. Offer great opportunity in advancement if you show the passion and work ethic. Brand has an amazing vision and all work toward the overall satisfaction of the customer.
Great company for opportunity and advancement.
Visual Merchant (Current Employee), Lynnfield, MAFebruary 10, 2015
J. Crew has greatly advanced my career in the last 4 years. Although I enjoy the company, and appreciate its care towards my passions, I am looking for position with more design opportunities, and less one-on-one customer service. Being in a store setting with ever changing hours can be exhausting. I've learned that the part I love the most is the visual merchandising aspect. I would like a schedule, and a position that supports my continuing education towards a Masters Degree in Graphic design, and I don't feel like this is possible, in a reasonable amount of time, while being in the field.

1 2 3 4 5

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Photos