J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work.
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2016
Very good place to work. Management and leadership are amazing and I enjoyed every hour worked at J.Crew. I've met a lot of amazing people there and I can comfortably say that it is the best job I've had so far in my life.
Pros
Ave C in break room along with foosball table, free hot chocolate, free tea and free coffee.
Cons
No cons
freelancer
Freelance Assistant Merchant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
I came to J.Crew as a freelancer filling in for an open position. It was a good opportunity for me to come to the decision of whether or not I thought the culture was the right fit for me. It wasn't. Although, I enjoyed my team. I noticed there were often changes in leadership. One day your a mens suit merchant the next week you're a kids merchant or so on. It was a different vibe per merchandising team. Womens merch vibe was definitely tense while mens merch was chill. That was when business was better overall for the company. In addition, there was a lack of diversity. Maybe just 5% of the office represented a race other then white.
Great people to work with
Associate Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2016
The best part of my job was all the great connections I made with my staff as well as some of the best customers I made friends with.
Pros
great people I work with
Cons
work life balance not so much
Fun workplace, with flexible schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 23, 2016
The customer is always in mind in whatever we do, not in a way in which we feel that our needs are ignored. They make sure all of our needs are met. I have met some of the friendliest managers here, who really care about the people they are working with.
Pros
Discounts, friendly managers, and caring people overall
Cons
With there were more shifts!
Productive and fun work environment
Stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
A typical day in a Stock manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week.
Fun place to work.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Very independent work environment, must be self motivated. Great atmosphere, perks, and people. Very young company, although there are a lot of employees that have been there for a long time, which creates an interesting dynamic.
Customer Service Orientated
Owner (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 7, 2016
Where Quality and Efficiency are Priority. The company ensures customer service is priority and gives it's employees the autonomy to resolve matters quickly. The management is fully supportive creating a great work and home balance at the work place.
Pros
Rapid growth
Cons
Lots of competition in this industry
Great entry level job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 6, 2016
Starting as a support sales associate, I learned very quickly the different aspects of customer service. Being promoted to manager within six months taught me how to lead my peers and make decisions that best reflect the company. With the smaller staff, it was harder to get time off for personal reasons but they were very accommodating to my schedule changes while I was in school.
Pros
Great discounts!
Cons
Hard to get personal time
decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2016
for the position and pay the job was relatively easy. The management was accommodating when scheduling. The hardest part was coming in at 5 am for floor layouts.
Great People
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 29, 2016
Friendly work environment and there is always something to do. Management is great and the discount is incredible very fair.
Pros
Discount, coworkers, snacks in break-room
Cons
not enough hours

Want to know more about J. Crew Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great merchandising team that got along just great
Sales Associate/Visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 29, 2016
Working at J.Crew, I learned a lot about higher end fashion. Never learning or being exposed to this type of product, learning came quit fast. I started off as a sales associate, but when we moved locations a stock position was available for me. Being in stock taught me how to properly organize and work as fast as possible to get the product out. MY coworkers were absolutely amazing to work with. We made a great team and always seemed to get things done when we thought it was impossible. This management crew that I had knew how to properly run a store (its a high volume store) and communication they had was amazing. The hardest part of this job was of course dealing with certain customers who would give someone a hard time, but at a certain point I would let the manager take control of the situation.
Pros
catered lunches and dinners during the holiday seaon
Cons
Managers not showing up on time
work
merchandise processor (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAMay 22, 2016
Its a great job but when its time for promotions or etc they would rather help someone outside first before the individuals. A just should give there already workers the respect they need also before they go outside to public.
Good job if you already have a second job/OK with limited hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 13, 2016
It was a decent part-time job, but peak business is conducted from September to December and May-August. Shifts between these times are likely to get cut based on volume of business. The hours were my least favorite part of the job. No room to advance unless you sell an obnoxiously amount of merchandise. My experience with my coworkers and management team was great though. it would be ideal if you had a second job for more income.
Pros
discount
Cons
limited hours
Fun place to work, good benefits, and pay
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 1, 2016
I would open the store every morning typically. Count all the registrars every morning. Then see who was working for the day , make a daily schedule assigning associates there duty that day. I would sometimes work the register. We got shipments twice a week I would go through the shipments and fill the sales in where things were looking empty. My coworkers were cool I didn't like how cozy the manager was with the associates some were a bit lazy and that was the hard part to deal with for me. Besides that I loved It!
Pros
You come in with PTO you don't have to work there forever to get it
Cons
Can't think of any...
Sales associates get little to none hours
Salesperson/Cshier (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 27, 2016
Overall pretty good company to work for. They do not hire from within. They always look outside when it comes to in house positions
Sales
sales (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 14, 2016
I worked in the J. Crew's men's department store that had just opened in Coral Gables . It was right next to my University and I worked there on a part time basis. The experience was great and I learned about the public relations aspects .
Pros
relaxed fun atmosphere
very productive and comfotable autosphere
warehouse line assembly/packer (Former Employee) –  LynchbrugApril 7, 2016
great place to work, good hours, great co workers and always on your feet. Management is always assertive to the job related needs of employees. Everyone practices good team work and the work itself isn't very overwhelming at all.
Pros
weekly pay, good workers with good attitudes and always a room to advance.
Cons
temporay work
Good job but hard work.
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 31, 2016
If you don't like working this job is not for you. You have to do a lot if lifting. Sometimes overtime and staying late is required.
I was able to learn what it took to be a merchandiser for children and men departement
Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
I was new to becoming a merchandiser for JCrew but fell in love with the fact of what you can do to change people out look on what to wear and how outfits can come together.
Productive warehouse setting
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 30, 2016
I worked as a seasonal associate for J Crew during their peak season. Officially my title was merchandise processor. I went through training as a picker, a person who takes the clothes off the shelves when they are ordered, and in training I was 99.9% accurate. This led to an immediate reassignment, a promotion of sorts, to the more prestigious jewelry preparation area. I prepared and boxed jewelry that had been ordered so it could be sent to customers. I was in this position from mid-November until mid-January. When a more senior associate was not present, I was in charge of this area, typically two days a week. Once in January I was allowed to work on my own with no other associates present, a gesture of the company's trust that I would do what was required without supervision.
Pros
First paying job
Cons
Short breaks, did not challenge me intellectually

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J. Crew Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.