J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

A great temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 31, 2015
Pros: 5 free 50% discounted items a month with a constant 30%.
Cons: Full time is 37, 5 hours (8 hour days minus a 30 min lunch), no set schedules or office space.
A typical day at work in the Call center is signing in to your phone and immediately getting a call from a customer who wants to return something from a year ago that has been worn out. This is a great temporary extra cash earning job around holiday seasons, but only few are retained after the season ends. End of year reviews stop in February and will take a roll over of negative information from the previous year, but no personal/sick time that wasn't used can be rolled over. Management has picked the people they want to advance and fill positions that open periodically, before posting said jobs. i know this review sounds more negative then positive, but this reviewer is stating fact not opinion. It really is a great place to work temporarily, and co-workers are like a tight knit family, but management seems a little out of touch and advancement or wage advance ment happens once a year and one bad section of your review can make or break whether you recieve a raise, no matter how well you exceeded expectations in other areas.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 31, 2015
This company strives to create a fun and energetic shopping environment and truly cares for both their customers and employees.
Fun Place To Work. Very good for students.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
My store has amazing management, and I think that can really make or break it. They're very fun during the day and flexible when it comes to hours -even if it's last minute.
The hard part is the daily promos and dealing with customer issues, but nothing too terrible.
Job advancement is accessible, but difficult if you want to move to corporate.
Pay and discount are great.
Productive and Efficient Enviroment to Work In
Team Leader (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Typical day is supervising and managing the shipping department. Overseeing all employees and making sure trailers are shipped and dispatched on time. Supervising the transport of high valued packages to their appropriate destination. Utilize Microsoft Office extensively in conjunction with advance software that manages not only the shipping sorter but all packages that are processed through the shipping department.
Great team of experienced assoiciates and Great benefits and work life balance
Inbound & Returns Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Great work life balance and excellent benefits. A lot of challenges and opportunities for process improvements but that is what makes it an interesting and fun for me, no day is ever the same.
Pretty good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Opened 27/7
I work the overnight shift at the J.Crew call center. The overall atmosphere is pretty relaxed, as well as the management. Overall dealing with the customers, they are pretty nice compared to customers that I've dealt with at other call centers. They have pretty good incentives for sales, and it's just a good place to work. I would recommend this job to a friend.
JCrew
Hiring and Training Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 19, 2015
Okay work environment. There was a lot of tension between management. Pay is good and so is the discount. Not a clear defined path of what is required of you.
Call Center Review
Customer Service and Quality Assurance (Former Employee), San AntonioMay 10, 2015
Pros: great work environment, no handle time, no adherence time, great vacation, nice coworkers, discounts, incentives each month, relaxed dress code
Cons: favoritism by management, low pay, expensive benefits, policies constantly changing, 401k after a year, limited advancement opportunities, technology is antiquated
As a client specialist you answer incoming calls about placing orders, troubleshoot problems that occurred during delivery or at the warehouse and answer questions about the products. I learned to manage my time efficiently, how to persuade customers to buy things and sign up for credit cards over the phone. I learned to basically give people whatever they want so they keep shopping with us. I guess you can say I learned how to become "empowered" which is a word management loves to use. I moved to quality assurance for 2 years where I REALLY learned more about the company, metrics and what's important to management. That got old and monotonous and there was management issues, big time in the department when I was there. I went to the wedding department after that, which I enjoyed greatly. The calls were different, we had more to do between calls, like answer emails. It's just that they have that team constantly in overflow. You didn't always feel like a wedding specialist because you were taking all kinds of other calls. The biggest disappointment for me is that this company makes it very difficult to move up. They consistently promote others who, I feel, will go with the status quo and not question management. This company seems to like to short cut and it could be because they aren't doing well or they are overly frugal. They constantly have everyone in overflow instead of hiring more people and they don't pay bilingual speakers an incentive for taking those calls.I really wanted to stay, but the pay was too low and the lack of opportunities made me leave.
A great place to work if you have the right management
Lead Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: pay, discount, corporate culture
Cons: retail hours
I have worked in the store for almost two years. I am a lead cashier and am in charge of opening and closing all registers, as well as helping train employees when necessary. I am the next step before a manager when there is an issue, so I have to know how to work with customers and find a solution to their problems.

My store has amazing management. I have never had managers who have been anything except helpful, supportive, and understanding. I know this isn't the case for every store, so it can depend on where you're working.

The pay is above-average and the employee discount is fantastic (also applies to Madewell). There is room for upward movement, but it can be very competitive depending on where you are (especially applying to corporate).

The hours are what you expect from retail, some long days, early mornings, and late nights, but nothing too terrible.
On-calls can be annoying, but I understand why they exist, and they're only a problem in the slow months.

All-in-all I've loved my job here.
Friendly environment built for success.
Sales/Service Agent (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 1, 2015
JCrew is a fast paced call center that values customerservice above all esle. It trains its employees to help customers with all issues.
Good place to work if youre in the click.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work was pricing merchandise for the clearance store. I learned a lot there since I was there for 28 years. The management were all young and had their own little click going on and not so nice to their associates.
The job was not hard at all.
The most enjoyable part was the great co workers I worked with,very kind and
condsiderate, minus your bad seeds.The company overall is unfair and are looking to get rid of people that have been there for years.
Good Benefits
Distribution Center Flow Supervisor (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Vaction
Cons: Leadership
Competitive benefits but not salary. Poor leadership. Little to no room for advancement and no career development for current leadership team.
i love the job
Customer Service Representative - international (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2015
Human resource does not respect open door policy as they should. Management makes the jobs terrible. I have had two great supervisors.
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here. Fun and fashionable workplace. Lets a person be creative and express themselves. They have caring management that is there to help and make sure you are successful.
great place to work.
Manager/ Operations Manager (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great employee discounts
Cons: long days. Very demanding customers
J Crew has a great atmosphere to work in. growing up loving the brand helped me to love every day I worked for this company. Great place to be able to learn the ins and outs of management. cant say there was a bad day at work.
Love the discounts
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 8, 2015
A typical retail store selling merchandise. But not enough hours. It better for a teenager or someone who doesn't have that many bills. I needed full time and i could never get it. But overall is not a stressful job at all.
Great to work where I love to shop
Sales Associate, J. Crew (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 6, 2015
A typical day included making sure the customers got what they needed and were happy, making sure all of the displays were neat, and making sure the dressing rooms were clean.
Great place to gain sales experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), DallasApril 4, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Taking commission away
Great place to work to gain sales experience. It's retail, so pay is average; a buck 50 above minimum wage with NO commission. The shifts are usually two or three days a week, lasting for 4 hours.
Customer Service
Assocaite Manager (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CAMarch 20, 2015
I got a lot from this position. I learned a lot about customer service and how we always want to help the customer as much as we could and will always tell them yes.
great work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lynchburg vaMarch 20, 2015
• Accurately process orders using customer invoice by obtaining merchandise from warehouse locations using catalog numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities to match documentation
• Package merchandise orders to match invoices and send to shipping for customer delivery
• Process customer returns and exchanges through computer database by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills
• Performs inspections of returns and enters information and return locations into database
• Investigate problem store returns to analyze and correct issues by matching documentation with accurate locations and resolving to assure customer satisfaction
• Trains new employees on proper customer return documentation and investigation processes

1 2 3 4 5

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Salaries