The Assistant Merchandiser supports the Merchandise Manager and the Merchandising team. The position assists in developing and implementing merchandise assortments by creating, maintaining and distributing orders. The Assistant Merchandiser will also interact with the store organization to understand the needs of our customers with a clear understanding of the J. McLaughlin brand.
- Maintain reports on a daily basis, managing all changes/updates based on line sheets and assortment plans, and communicating the changes to the sales team.
- Purchase order implementation and maintenance.
- Analyze selling info and help prepare sku plans
- Communication with Product Development to ensure on time deliveries are met.
- Suggest reorder opportunities in a timely matter.
- Fills the line plan to assort new store openings.
- Establish and maintain strong levels of communication and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of excel and automated systems.
- Have a blend of subjective and objective reasoning.
- A strong relation with the J. McLaughlin brand and the lifestyle it represents.
- College degree in a related field.
- 1 year of retail or merchandising experience
Indeed - 15 months ago