Associate Merchandiser—Mens Apparel
With a network of 72 U.S. stores and an aggressive rollout planned, J.McLaughlin is seeking an experienced merchandiser to join our corporate team based in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Given the narrow breath of resources available and the extraordinary scale of expansion planned, the ideal candidate for the position of Associate Merchandiser will need to be an individual who can work independently as well as with cross-functional partners to drive revenue growth that aligns to the overall strategic vision of the brand. Attention to detail plus excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
If you are looking to work closely with a small team of individuals who are dedicated to advancing our growth agenda, this position at J.McLaughlin offers an extraordinary opportunity.
The Associate Merchandiser is responsible for creating compelling apparel assortments for a growing portfolio of retail stores and for achieving optimum delivery flow and product balance. The successful candidate will need to quickly and thoughtfully develop a clear understanding of the J. McLaughlin brand and our customer. The position reports to the Merchandise Manager.
- Collaborate with cross functional internal teams to ensure apparel assortments are merchandised
- Build, actualize and maintain seasonal/mini season line plans
- Partner with Product Development on execution of line plans
- Write & maintain purchase orders based on line plan needs
- Compile and communicate weekly reports and provide category feedback to the Merchandise Manager & Director
- Build opening store assortments
- Maintain store relationships
- Conduct a regular schedule of store visits & competitive shopping
- Administrate end of season inventory consolidation
- Orchestrate a plan for allocation to stores
- Develop and communicate seasonal selling recaps
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of excel and automated systems.
- A blend of subjective and objective reasoning.
- A strong affinity for the J.McLaughlin brand
- College degree in a related field.
- 2-4 years of retail or merchandising experience