J.A King & Company is a growing provider of service, calibration, and integrated solution services across the Southeast and Central U.S. We are an ISO17025 Accredited Company currently looking for motivated professionals to complete our team in the Engineered Solutions Division. Founded in 1939 by Jim King Sr., we are a third generation family business, focused on providing quality products and services.
Our values have always been Character, Integrity and Professionalism.
Our mission is to be the industry's valued choice for industrial control and measurement.
We have a position available for an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technician with potential for advancement in Whitsett, NC.
- Bachelors/Associates+ Degree in a technical field required
- 4+ years experience in Electronics/Engineering environment
- Electrical/Mechanical aptitude required
- CAD Experience (AutoCAD a plus)
- PC(C+ and .NET) and PLC programming
- Industrial Process Control/Instrumentation (Electrical and Mechanical) experience
- Must be willing to work in-house and on-site with no supervision
- Must work well with others. Team player with a positive attitude!
- Designs, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electrical/electronic/mechanical systems, parts, equipment, and components (such as industrial embedded computer equipment, control instrumentation, scale instrumentation, test equipment, and quality instrumentation)
- Applies principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, mechanics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics to the current task
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of projects.
- Assembles complete projects according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in design or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and documents modifications for future design consideration
- Writes technical documentation and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operation, calibration, and maintenance
- Some travel required
Excellent Benefits Package:
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Choice of health care plans (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Company cell phone
- Company laptop
This position requires applicant to have a 4-year technical degree or to be currently in the pursuit of a 4-year technical degree.
Starting position and pay dependent on relative work experience, training, and education. Salary range $35k-$50k. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at www.jaking.com for company details.