J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews in United States

Beware prospective employees
Prespective employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2016
Jb hunt will ask you to allow them to contact your current employer and will tell you everything is good except the company you work for set you up for orientation and then after you quit they will not hire you for something petty BEWARE
Pros
NONE
Solid company, Good benefits
Intermodal Train Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 24, 2016
I am very grateful to JB Hunt for providing me with employment for the past 21 years, most especially for helping me to obtain a degree through their education program. I am just ready to work somewhere I might be able to use my education more.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not what I want to do for the rest of my working career
great place to work, and great people within the team
road service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 23, 2016
fast paced, on top of current trucks and requirements, good team to work for. good software , hard workers, and good equipment from trucks to computers. great boss.
Pros
group picnics
Cons
work weekends and holidays
Fun work place
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 21, 2016
I enjoy working there ... Pay is decent but the dedicated waiting line is long and other better opportunities come along quicker but I give it a 4 stars
managment that was over the account I was on knew very little
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 14, 2016
Could have been a great job if (management) over this account knew what they were doing, and had a better understanding of driver need. They acted like the driver were the least of their worries
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 12, 2016
It was a busy place many different aspects. We did run our own company basically and this was a great experience but we still had our corporate office making many calls for our locations and we sometimes could have done better.
Great place to work they have different accounts set up for drivers you just have to find the right one for you.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 11, 2016
Over all it's A great place to work had a lot of fun metting new people and learning new things and the travel to southern california was great.
Cubicle Life with a splash of fun
Partnership Development Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 11, 2016
I work anything between 100 emails a day to problem solving several 3pl accounts.
I am the middle person that is all hands on deck for current issues to aftermath.
I love a great environment where my personality is able to shine and grow and work close to the work family.
Hardest part of the job is always finding balance to be able to give everyone the attention they are needing.
Pros
flexible
Cons
better pay
n/a
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 4, 2016
work day around 14 hours. paycheck very small .missing stops and missing miles on paycheck . no dispatch no money. office is not providing sufficient paperwork
I have learned alot from working the dedicated contact services department
Operations Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 4, 2016
Lots of inbound and outbound calls for regional and local distribution centers all over the US, I have four locations that I call and schedule home deliveries for :: One in Hanover, MD, Corapolis, PA, Wichita, KS and one in Port Allen, LA... Love being able to come through for a customer that is in need of an appliance if they have been without for a while.. or if a birthday present can be delivered on time..
Doesn't live up to Description
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 4, 2016
Very different than advertised, extremely unorganized company. A huge buddy system and conflict of interest happens all the time. Very unprofessional and for such large company very disappointing. Admin duties as a 'manager in training' they call everyone a manager in the company. I was on a team of 5 other 'managers'.
Don't think you are truly a manger you will handle very simple admin functions and be treated as if you are a child. Extremely micro managed.

No enough work to go around and must 'pretend to be busy' at all times!
Managers are immature and gossip about their employees.
I left after a month, my final straw was when I had to literally copy and past the actually law in an email to HR to get paid for travel pay, because they refused to pay me.
Pros
Treat drivers well
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
Friendly atmosphere During orientation in ATL GA
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 4, 2016
Youre not just a driver with them, you are also a customer service representative, Hardest part was being paid for detention, I gave up after 4 tries. Many of thier trailers need work as they are older and have many minor issues. Lost time and miles due to trailer lights. VP of operations goes out of his way to point out problems that are caused and created by the customer costing you lost time and miles.
Pros
Usually got 3 days off every two weeks
Cons
Management could be better, After hours service could be improved
Not a good place to work
INTERMODAL FLEET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2016
Management is not honest with employees. Poor work life balance. Co workers are generally cool the hardest part of the job is payroll. Best part of the job is helping drivers get to their goal.
Good work environment, but poor managemnet
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2016
I never truly had a problem with them until the season started. Not only did they hire far too many drivers, but once the season ended, I was lucky if I was out three days a week. If they had planed it better and not hired so many drivers, I would have been able to keep my miles, and wouldn't have had to quit.
Be careful accepting the pitch from the recruiter as truth...
Delivery Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 26, 2016
I believe it is bad practice to talk negatively about an upfront company. However, the job did not turn out to be what was initially described. The high turn over rate was the first sign of concern. Was told it was a 9-5 job, and days turned out to be 10-12 hours on average. The routes included delivery and/or installation of house appliances ranging from 50-750 pounds, with the possibility of having to be brought up/down 2-3 flights of stairs. Also delivered high range furniture, and brought to room of choice. Trying to make it on time to a customer's location and still complete the day safely became quite a challenge. The amount of time that was given to complete certain jobs, as well as the time given to travel from stop to stop, many times was no where near adequate. After experiencing a handful of close calls in regards to serious injury, it was time to go.
Pros
Days go by fast, commitment to Veterans
Cons
Please see description
Great Place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2016
The people are great and the environment is clean with easy access to tools and equipment. The hardest part is the point system and the regulation of off time.
Great starting jobs.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAMarch 19, 2016
It is a great starting Job for anyone straight out of college that wants an opportunity to prove themselves. It has Job security as well. It is a stressful job but if you keep your head down and work it will open doors for your career.
face paced
Area Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAMarch 19, 2016
Good company for a young person to enter out of college. Good starting pay and rapid advancement are possible. You must be willing to relocate to move quickly otherwise you will become stagnant and get passed over
Cons
benefits are horrible and pay scale is below reasonable
Tractor Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2016
Fairly good work environment. safety oriented. no bonuses for techs. This company is a fortune 500 company, budget comes out to penny pinchers for employees and parts budget, more money goes towards useless things and higher positions, such as the foreman's wallets.
Pros
stable
Cons
in the review
drive semi
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 11, 2016
Drive Semi pick up loads, Maps, Dispatcher sometimes did not look at a map when dispatching for time and distance to and from a route, getting a home time when required to be home for family function , seeing everything meeting new people
Pros
seeing new things
Cons
not able to be home as promised