J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Amazing opportunity to get NYC driving experience
Tractor Trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTSeptember 29, 2016
Hard work, at an average of 14 hour work days. Great place to learn how to use an electronic pallet jack, on the other hand horrible equipment especially for new comers, down right dangerous in my opinion. During my time at JB HUNT Windsor Locks, CT management was horrible, no respect for new drivers, very slow response time, they were not helpful at all when something went wrong with equipment on the road. Great mix of employees, from different cultures. A lot of Jamaican, and Spanish people, minority were American, Russian and Polish people. The hardest part of the job and most stressful is dealing with NYC customers and NYC traffic. Most enjoyable part was getting to work in the big city, delivering food to downtown Manhattan.
Pros
BBQ Grilling during summer days
Cons
Unhealthy BBQ Grill Food
Delivering and assembly appliances
Driver Helper/Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day maybe thirteen stops all over San Antonio. I learned how to use a dolly more proficiently. I realize i am a lot stronger than i think. I really wasn't in close contact with management more close with the staff i worked with. Co-workers very experienced people who where knowledgeable about assembling house hold appliances. The hardest part of my job was doing apartments having to do the fourth and fifth floor with no elevator its ruff on the body. Most enjoyable part of my job seeing different parts of tx.
Pros
Money
Cons
Apartments
Great place to start a career
Client Services Tech/Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 26, 2016
J.B. Hunt is a good place to work and start or career or to jump start another. They will take the time to train in new positions.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
work is always available
Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2016
There is always work available. The company is flexible with traveling. They have a good training program and reward program.
Fast paced
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 22, 2016
Answering phones, fielding questions, entering data. I learned a great deal about the trucking industry and all its moving parts. Management was tough but fair. Enjoyed all my coworkers. Hardest part......Working a seriously bad accident. Enjoyable part is working with good hardworking people.
Pros
I was able to build my knowledge base
Cons
Very high stress job
Yard jockey
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 22, 2016
Enjoy my job at jb hunt and the work I do at the toys r us in lees summit mo the people I work with are the best we all wor as a team and that helps the yard run very smooth
fun work place
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I am so sorry I had to leave j.b.hunt. the reason I had to leave was because I had a child that needed me home because of so personal problems he was having and I couldn't be safe driving for j.b.hunt while he was going through what he was going through. my mind was always on him and I knew it would affect my driving safely so I decided to quit with help from my councilor at the time. this company treated me excellent and I am sorry to have had left and hope they didn't think ill of me how I left. the people I worked made the time away from home not so bad lol a great bunch of people I worked with and the drivers. I found friends with some
Pros
always there for you
Cons
my leaving this company
Fast-Paced, Interesting & Challenging - But no life
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 20, 2016
Constantly learning, constantly growing, see open positions for better positions all the time. But, you give up large portions of your life for this job and that is the toughest aspect to deal with.
Pros
Great "Employee First" Environment
Cons
No Work-Life Balance
Fun tanker company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOSeptember 19, 2016
The guys in the office try to keep you going as much as they can. They are very helpful and family is a big part of the company's founder. They are an excellent group of guys to work for!
Flexibility to own your career and advancement opportunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
JB Hunt was my first job out of college and it was very enjoyable. They also provided a good environment to learn and develop as well as travel to gain industry experience.
Great company
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 8, 2016
In times past was a great place to work. The original owner retired and the new manager did not apply an acceptable work ethic.
Reserved
Trailer Detention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Worked in a large company, which I enjoyed very much. I worked on a team with 12 other people doing similar duties. We had a team leader who guided us when needed.
Pros
Always had someone if needed
Cons
You had to learn to block people out
Local Driver
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 3, 2016
Local work and hours are not according to what local work should be however, I am currently injured receiving workmen's comp and hope to find work after my surgery.
Pros
New Trucks
Cons
Hours of work are not doable according to DOT standard.
hard to work for
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2016
while working for jb hunt I experienced a lot of problems dealing with loads and routes and pay, and also you work on a thin line no room for error expect you to move like a robot don't understand your also human and everybody makes mistakes
good place to work
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Van, OHSeptember 2, 2016
they took good care of their employes. always had frieght. a fun and productive environment. good place for advancemanet
no comment
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARSeptember 2, 2016
It seems that there is no organization about this company, the pay is not good at all for being away from home. This would be a grt company to work for if the pay was better.
Pros
home weekends
Cons
low pay
dont do it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 1, 2016
Have worked here a month. Sad sad sad. Recruiter totally embellished n she didn't have to because my expectations were so low to begin with. Lol no miles. Poor planning. Have a family vacation scheduled in 8 weeks. Hope I don't go broke before then.
Pros
lots of time to eat sleep n workout
Cons
have to use my savings to buy food. otherwise I'd starve .
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 30, 2016
Fast paced, great co-workers
Enjoyed working with the customers, and the drivers on the phone.
Good atmosphere, professional setting
A big company to work for. Very secure
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 29, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Good money,flexible home time.A good stable company to drive for. Open door policy.Friendy group of staff and driver.
Pros
they get you home on time
Cons
runs are closer and shorter
This was not the type of job explained to me by JB Hunt Recruiter
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, MIAugust 28, 2016
Job is not hard but is fast paced. Your pay depends on your output. Job consist of delivering coal and stone to the Cleavland Cliffs Mines. The equipment is beat up and needs replacing. They are in the middle of contract renewal or extension talks so I kind of understand them not wanting to replace equipment yet.
Pros
Pay is not too bad as long as you produce
Cons
hours, recruiter either lied or didnt have correct info, work is 6 days a week

2.9