J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search
toys"r"us account
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJAugust 22, 2017
Great equipment

They don't promise the miles or pay u can get
65k, but made only 40k. Only busy on major holidays.

they did give per diem and pay for hotels
Driver
Tractor Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2017
I said very cool place to work for they're loyal try to only do an intermodal or local just because that is where the money is and where they treat you the best
knot a good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 22, 2017
the hour suck and the runs suck thay cheat you out of your pay and the mangement does knot know what thay are doing thay treat there people like crop and dont listern to the drivers and dont keep up on the mantance with the trucks.
Unfair in way do business with employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2017
Not a good place to work. Managers a not qualified to manage and they really have no clue on how to work in the transportation industry . To many rule that are very useless in nature.
Good Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2017
Good company to work for. I pulled flatbeds for the home depot account. That was the money maker account. The managers as cool and easy to work with and for.
Good company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 21, 2017
Need to change pay scale. The work you do, i think they you need to pay more for. Its labor you install everything on truck, they dont give you the right help.
Pros
Cons
When you can.
keeps you busy
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
good company
gets you home when needed
good pay
good medical and dental benefits
take great care of their equipment
management is OK
they will get you miles
Jockeying trailers
Yard Jockey/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 20, 2017
Move semi trailers to and from dock doors for a major food chain suppiler. Within a 200 door facility. Work outdoors in all four weather seasons in the northern USA.
Pros
9 plus drivers per shift
Cons
No set break times given
great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 19, 2017
great company to work for pay was good trucks slow though only ran 60 miles an hour...management was always there am always asked to come back highly recomend
I drove a semi
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2017
This was a great company to work for, and the equipment was in decent shape. I hauled hazmate material from the shippers to the receivers while maintaining log books in compliance with federal laws.
Good company to drive for.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
Enjoyed Driving for JB Hunt. I was never lied to and had I not gotten sick I would still be with them. The only real complaint I have has nothing to do with JB Hunt but with the customers. Too many times I was delayed being loaded though JB does a good job compensating drivers.
Stressful but a great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 16, 2017
The management in the Cap Center was horrible. Other than the management the job was a fun job and there is a lot of room for advancement. The work environment was interesting and all around good.
Productive workplace.
Company Driver and Installer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
verify paperwork and freight. scan and deliver freight at customers request. deliver and install refrigerators, ranges, mounted microwave ovens, cook tops, washers and dryers. also pick up appliances that are being returned. The hardest part of the job is pulling refrigerators up stairs.
Pros
working independently.
Cons
piece work (getting paid by the number of appliances that you delever and install.
Truck driver
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Little rock arkAugust 15, 2017
Went all over the us delivering different stuff did a lot of miles they just wasn't putting me on any money making runs all short runs wasn't making any money had to pull out I had a family to take care of
Pros
I like driving
Cons
Not much jome time
would not reccomend
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2017
poor management of home depot dedicated account .sat in shop with broken down prostars all the time tried to get management to take me out of international pro junk and put me in afreightliner they would not do it and i quit
trucking industry offers its own stress
Driver, Tractor-Trailer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 14, 2017
i enjoyed being there because of the manager that i was assigned to. he always stood for his drivers, believed in hometime and always found ways for us to make extra money. the benefits were sensational but there could be no other way because of the industry
Pros
freedom
Cons
home time
Too much local work
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 14, 2017
I spent too much time dragging trailers around locally in heavy traffic. No money to be made that way. The yards at San Bernardino and Southgate were miserably small.
A place where you can be progressive and respected in your labor
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 14, 2017
If you are a driver that is trying to establish a certain income level and experience, JB HUNT is a well balanced place of employment that offers an atmosphere that encourages the drivers and other staff working with drivers to work in a flow of unity.
Pros
You can speak with fleet managers as often as needed to have concerns addressed.
Cons
The over all distance of driving is hard I your body physically. That's my personal opinion
Good Place to Work
Regional Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2017
Upper management was great. Pay was average. We never had enough people to meet the job demands . Many times I was required to do two, or three peoples jobs.
Sloppy Management
Career Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 10, 2017
To keep it short, the money for being a recruiter or "CPS" as they like to call it, was actually very good, all things considered. However, you can do and do and do your hardest, meet their call volume, get X amount of drivers scheduled per day like they want you to, and then whenever they get disqualified for something on their criminal, job, or driving history or they don't show up to orientation, your numbers will tank and put your job at risk. There are quasi-constant changes going on that even to some of the long-time management don't understand the rhyme or reason. Just a word of warning, do not go in expecting an all around nurturing environment. As a recruiter, you're not in charge of your future, and surely don't expect any advancement opportunities.
Pros
Paid Time Off Week One, Paid Holidays, Wage+Commission
Cons
Bad Management, No Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.