J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt United States Employee Reviews

Hard work required
delivery to restaurants (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: pay, Hometime
Cons: Are not too concerned with drivers safety
Pay is good manager are not very friendly. They will only believe what the customer say. They will use what you say against you.
Fun workplace
ICS Carrier Relations (Former Employee), lowell, arApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Bad training
Grat place to work but the cons are that they suck at training their co workers. It's a family based company. I just wish they can train their co workers better.
Snakes
Mobile Trailer Mechanic/ Chassis Technician (Current Employee), Haslet, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: You get experience to work on the box units and chassis
Cons: Snakes, snithces, no advancement, poor pay
The workplace is ok when the "snakes" are not crawling around. The work environment is horrible! They treat people bad.
Job driving job with predictable schedule
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 8, 2015
Drove the c and k dedicated account 4-6 days a week. Pallet jack in store delivery at a grocery store. Once established you may serve the same several stores each week, allowing the building of good customer rapport.
Stable Miles
Company Driver (Former Employee), Haslet (Ft. Worth), TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good vehicles, regular home time, paid uni's
Cons: Frequent blowouts on boxes, trucks governed too low.
I worked for JB Hunt's Intermodoal Division out of Haslet, TX. The miles were steady and rarely did I have to spend more than an hour or two waiting on loads. Their vehicles are well kept and run well. The intermodal boxes are mostly fine, but they always use recapped tires on them so they are prone to blowouts.

Pros of that particular division are stable, stable, stable miles, and you ALWAYS go home for the weekend. They were the FIRST company that I worked for that kept their promise of home time.

Con of the division would be the sometimes frequent blowouts and the ridiculous throttling of the trucks (61 mph).
dismal company
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great sign on bonus if you can get it
Cons: Bad management
JB Hunt pays or used to pay a great sign on bonus, but they lack logistics skills which prohibit the driver from making money advancing his career.
The Intermodal lie.
Driver (Former Employee), Lockbourne, OhioMarch 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: No money, terrible equipment, lousey managemt team.
Ran night shift as driver intermodal in Lockbourne Ohio. 18:00 till done, usually by 05:00. Equipment averaged 500,000 miles with BALD tires. Couldn't bring truck to shop because of slip seating and the Day driver would be without a truck. If freight was slow off rail, you might make 30 dollars for the night. Zero communication between drivers on night shift and management because of the hours we ran. Management came in at 06:00 ish, and we were gone by then. We were told we are on night shift as to be " Out of sight, out of mind" by ramp manager.
Fellow night drivers were all cool, as we had to work together to make a living.
Terrible, worst decision I ever made was to work there.
great
driver (Former Employee), lowell,arMarch 26, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
great place to drive no problems great locations great equipment.....
really liked the dispatchers and the commitment to safety
former driver
class a regional driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMarch 20, 2015
Pros: can't remember
Cons: please read my review
after was assigned a truck it turns out it was not ready and had to wait a week to get a different one. I finally got my first load and guess what, the truck breaks down. It was in the shop for a week. Well then I got my load and headed for Arizona on a regional run. I got to the scales and received a big fat ticket because my truck was not permitted for loads over 50000 lbs. I was constantly living in truck stops. I managed to pay my overweight ticket with layover pay alone. And don't get me started on the dispatch they gave me. I managed to stay with them for 6 months and to my relief the truck breaks down again and I got to be with my family on Thanksgiving day. plus 2 weeks {that's the time it took them to fix the International bad boy. I took advantage of this time to land a knew job. Their was more fun I had with this company but I just assume not try to remember it. When I give this company one star I'm being kind.Good luck and be safe out there.
Not managing drivers but them managing me.
Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Lowell, ArkansasMarch 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, safety culture, co-workers
Cons: deadend job
Company wants you to manage the drivers so they will be productive and make the company money but so much of your time is spent in adhering to the safety culture and compliance with D.O.T. regulations that you don't have the time to manage the drivers to help them make themselves and the company money.
Long hours, average pay and benefits
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2015
Long hours, average pay and benefits.

Good job out of college. High turnover with all personnel in company. Possible that a work week will be 60 to 70 hours.
Operations Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: decent learning experience, good benefits
Cons: poor management, no work/life balance
Was hired directly out of college and decided on this position strictly from a pay standpoint. The pay is very good and the benefits are also above average but that does not account for the lack of office culture and managing. Our office was 10x15 and we sometimes had 6 people working in there at once with zero windows. The managers were money managers that normally did not care about your life outside of work unless they needed something from you then they turned into caring and understanding managers, but that was short lived once they got what they needed out of you. The training is one week long which takes place in a larger city. None of the training provided is useful once you return back to your home office. You will be put on the worst shift they have (normally Wed-Sun 5am-3pm) and stuck there until someone else new arrives. The turnover rate at this company for drivers and managers is ridiculously high (roughly 60%). All that aside, they do throw you into the fire and you are forced to learn a bunch of new programs fairly quickly and you become very efficient with Excel, email, JBH programs and other various applications. Bottom line, if you are coming out of college and have other choices DO NOT work here but it would be feasible if this was your only offer
worst job ever
appliance instillation driver (Current Employee), Romulus, MichiganMarch 7, 2015
Pros: ...none i can think of
Cons: does not follow dot rules and will put you in bad spots ......beware!!!!!
Your paid on a activity base scale so if there is anything wrong with the item or the customer changes their mind after hours of work........you domt get paid,you cant read your paycheck because of the way its made that you cant so you pretty much just have to take their word that its right and the 40,000 they say is more like 30,000 don't expect management to be of much help they broke company rules everyday. ..literally if you need a job bad and cant wait go for it if you like having a back and dont want to lift 700 pound refrigerators with you and one other guy and hour told to just get it done id stay away.
Good for those who seek that lifestyle.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Harrisburg, Pa.March 3, 2015
Pros: great if you want to drive tractor trailer
Cons: not much of a personal life.
Fast paced, fair treatment by staff and Management. Pay is competitive with industry standards. Equipment is good. Co-workers are great, hard workers, and dedicated to what they do.
Enjoy working for this well organized company.
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMarch 2, 2015
Pros: ability to be independent.
Cons: gone too long out on the road.
The hardest part of the job to me is that I'm away from my family too long. Other than that the open road is good but I've really been looking forward to doing local work.
Pretty good.
Driver (Current Employee), South Gate CAMarch 1, 2015
Pretty much your basic trucking company, no real surprises. I have enjoyed my time here for the most part. Really good managers.
A lot of opportunity to advance, at the detriment to your home life
DCS Manager (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 26, 2015
On call 24/7 to demanding customers and pain in the butt truck drivers who know that there is a supply shortage, you can advance very quickly in the company but work/life balance is non existent
Company OK, local facility horrible
Maintenance (Former Employee), PAFebruary 25, 2015
Local management horrible, but company as a whole is OK. The company seems to care about employees, assists them in every way possible, benefits are OK, work is enjoyable, manageable, and appreciated.
bad place to work unless your desperate
driver appliance installer (Former Employee), auroraFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: no pros about this job
Cons: management couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, management just doesn't care about the employee, your job is threatened on a daily basis
The worst place to work by far. You have to fight for your money, was misleading about the pay. Clint the manager is no help. Every time he called you your job was threatened , they say 1075 a week. About 56000 a year. Its a lie. They recently had the state of Colorado labor board in there bec of all the complaints from its employees over pay. If you work over 40 hours a week no overtime given. They conveniently switch your pay so they dont have to pay overtime.
After training and assignment of truck, drivers were pretty much on their own.
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Based out of Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Overall maintenance of truck was done in a timely manner. Problem with getting dispatches created 34 hours or more downtime for drivers.

1 2 3 4 5

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more

J.B. Hunt Salaries