J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

not what i expected
Manager in training (Current Employee), York, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: No lunch, No overtime, Work culture, Work setting.
I thought the job would be different. Going into it I was expecting a better company culture and better work/life balance. But the reality of the job was much different from what I was told it would be. The job pays well for an entry level position. Is it an interesting job? Absolutely not. Very redundant work and you don't learn new things day to day. For those of us who yearn to learn, skip this company.
Good work environment
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 30, 2015
Really liked the travel aspect and seeing how things work from different sides of the business. Liked the management and the opportunity for growth.
Has the best equipment to drive
Driver (Current Employee), York, PAJune 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: pay
typical 9 to 5 same routine everyday unless dispatch or the warehouse screws you, I've learned how to use the Smith System at all times
They didn't pay my medical while in the Hospital
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Michigan pJune 22, 2015
Cons: Very bad dispatcher
Very bad Company, I was sick , admitted into Hospital for 3 days, was fired for not being able to do my job when I was in the Hospital and didn't pay for my medical bills. Dispatcher will send you to pickup a empty trailer that is not at the location. i remember this Truck Driver told me not to wok for JB Hunt but I had to see for myself, Big Mistake. They told me I would be home on weekends but my weekends were Wednesday and Thursday
Great company to work for but!
Inter-model / regional Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO.June 18, 2015
Pros: home on weekends, .42 cpm, benifets never more than 300 miles from home
Cons: 62 mph, peoplenet, electronic logs, most of all bad fleet managers
In the Inter-model dept there is a serious problems with its managers they upset me and the lack of respect and passing judgment before all the facts were in and the complete unprofessionalism is why I quit...other than that it is a good job I worked mon-fri at .42 cpm picking up comtainers at rail yard and delivering them to our customers and visa versa.
A lot of room for improvement
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 16, 2015
Everything falls on the Dispatcher. Either you have a good one that works for you. or you have a bad one that works against you. In my case it was a bad one. but that's not to say that everyone else would have the same experience.
very productive
Transport specialist/ Unloader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 14, 2015
Pros: great compensation for services rendered
Cons: lack of knowledge about drivers skill set and who ultimately makes the safety call
very productive great logistics and load planning however management and dispatch is a very tight nit group and when it comes to being a driver they are quick to railroad you and push blame onto driver and have no regard for driver safety during adverse driving conditions remember any good driver knows when it's time to get off the road and a drivers safety is every ones safety
Like the job very poor management
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Wayne, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: the job itself
Cons: management and the night shift hours
i would come in early to see what needed tone done and prioritize and set up my shift.
I learned a lot about management, time management skills
The service manager had never worked as a tractor mechanic do couldn't help out at all. Favoritism was away of life with him. If you weren't in his click you weren't any good.
Coworkers were ok on my shift
Hardest part of job was dealing with the favoritism for management and the shift which is why I left.
Most enjoyable part was the challenge I really enjoyed the job
good overall company
Account Manager (Current Employee), ohioJune 8, 2015
Cons: Over complicated company
great company, Work life not that great, micro manage compliance, works hard for drivers not for managers. Lack of pay for work.
Teamwork was always a major role.
Office Specialist I (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 5, 2015
Pros: built experience and knowledge
Cons: management staff have little management skill
I worked for this company and was happy for the most part with the job duties and responsibilities however the management staff was less than desirable. I believe in a management position you should uphold a stature for your employees with guidelines and rules set forth by the company to progress. Working hard as an individual and not receiving the respect from the company that was well deserved is the reason for departure. A place of employment should be of course of the work ethic, responsibilities and duties you as an employee are responsible for however if you don't have the role models to assist with setting forth this compliance it is hard for growth.
Demanding job with potential for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), York, PAJune 5, 2015
Day to day operations varied due to customer demands
Demanding job in demanding industry
Challenge to work with drivers and find common ground
Growing industry with growing demands
local intermodal
Driver Intermodal/ (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
intermodal and rail yards were a little challenging but the local positions are good and manageable.
co workers are great they have good attitudes.
great experience for a person starting off in transportation
Account Manager (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: great overall company
Cons: long hours
Great learning experience for learning the transportation world. Long hours when you are starting off, but well worth it in the end.
Stressful! Do not work for this place.
Driver Placement Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasJune 1, 2015
Pros: 5 day work week off week ends depending on department.
Cons: Healthcare is very costly. 600.00 just for couple (monthly)
This place is very stressful to work at, they make changes daily you never know if you have a job from day to day. You get vacation and pto time if you take it with out a 72 hour notice you get points, You are allowed so many points per year if you go over your fired. All you are is a number at JB Hunt and you feel it. I loved my job there but there policy's were so unfair, after 2 year's working there i was let go for no reason they fought me on unemployment and lost.. There's more but would run out of space.
Overall a good company but not the right one for me
Regional Driver Intermodal (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: The hours are there for now
Cons: The pay is not consistent
It has good people working there but some changes need to be made to make it a more team orientated work place. The pay needs to be accurate it is not every week i was shorted money
odd hours, consistant work,
Installer specialist (Current Employee), Spanaway, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: consistant work, great co workers
Cons: low pay, not getting promised wages, underappreciated, untrained help/ coworkers
load truck for work day, drive various distances to multiple locations state wide, installing appliances, furniture, equipment etc.

I have learned how to install any type of appliance
knowledge of care and use of appliances
care of customer product and solving customer issues
how to properly use a hand truck
Mediocre Trucking Company
DRIVER (Current Employee), Brattleboro, VTMay 20, 2015
Pros: Weekly Paychecks
Cons: Sometimes they pay you accurately, Low opportunity for advancement, 12-14 Hour shifts with low Hourly pay or Mileage Pay
Its JB Hunt... Need I say more.

Long Hours, Mediocre pay.

Very little room for advancement as a driver.

C&S Equipment is old, has many issues with operating correctly
Gret place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJMay 19, 2015
Payroll invoicing and Fuel PO'S, Very consistent work every week was the same, if you missed a day you would have to catch up or bring home. co workers were great people to work for and management as well..
Very friendly culture
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Lowell, ARMay 11, 2015
Very supportive and encouraging supervisor, eager to teach employees new skills and assist them in career advancement.
Very personable
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMay 7, 2015
Pros: all good
Cons: only hire thru temp service
Company was great to work for. Everyone personable, everyone willing to help and answer questions. Management was personable as well. You worked with production as well as upper management, this was a great tool to move forward. The most difficult part was, there wasn't. Your co workers always made it enjoyable
Industry