J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews in United States

awesome work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2016
a typical day at work started with unloading 3 semi trucks stacked with dryers washers fridges . i learned alot about the type of work.management was awesome!!!.my co workes were very friendly and helped me when i needed it. the hardest part of the job was unloading trailers by yourself . the most enjoyable part of the work day was going home
Pros
paid very well
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place.
Class 8 Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILNovember 23, 2015
I perform federal safety inspections daily on vehicles so that they are safe to travel down the road and meet strict federal safety DOT regulations for 50,000 miles. These vehicles routinely have failures that require immediate repair or replacement to safely operate the vehicle or to maintain optimum life of powertrain, electrical, and mechanical components. These jobs are timed and graded based upon completion and accuracy. I am trained in diagnostic scanning equipment for Cummins, Navistar, Detroit Diesel, and CAT. I am a quick study and require little to no supervision. I lookforward to reviewing my quallifications in person if you believe that my skills will benefit us both mutually. I am looking for a career with an establlished company who is exited to expand on my skills.Thank you for your time and consideration.
good place to work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 14, 2016
Transporting Freight to 48 states. logistics, safety, HOS, Governmental Requirements, Cargo Food Safety,Logistics Operations, Warehouse Logistics Equipment, Information Technology, Management, Specialized Logistic. Management opens the opportunities for drivers to gain knowledge though learning tools. Opportunities are open it is up to the driver to indulge in the opportunity.Coworkers are awesome and happy. Happy driver is a awesome driver. Night and bad weather driving is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is learning.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
It was ok
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2016
It was an ok job. There is only advancement when you live in Arkansas. The benefits where not the greatest but where also not the worst.
A great place to gain experience for new drivers.
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
The management needs improvement. Dispatch needs improvement. Compensation by the hour would be ideal for a time consuming job such as working a JB Hunt. You're in and out of rail yards for various times in addition to traveling to the destination.
Pros
Well maintained equipment
Cons
Compensation.
Unsafe Working Environment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VT 05301June 23, 2016
They will give you unsafe equipment (Trucks) to go out with and perform your duties. As well as unsafe trailers. Not always but enough so it became an issue. Would send you down into inner city Boston and other areas with a 51 ft trailer. Making your potential for an accident risk that much greater.

Only care about deliveries and not the drivers. Drivers are nothing but product pushers to JB HUNT.
Pros
In Depth Training Programs, SMITH SYSTEM, Helpful Drivers
Cons
Unsafe Working Conditions, Unsafe Equipment, Dangerous Routes, Work sometimes unavailble
Be careful accepting the pitch from the recruiter as truth...
Delivery Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 26, 2016
I believe it is bad practice to talk negatively about an upfront company. However, the job did not turn out to be what was initially described. The high turn over rate was the first sign of concern. Was told it was a 9-5 job, and days turned out to be 10-12 hours on average. The routes included delivery and/or installation of house appliances ranging from 50-750 pounds, with the possibility of having to be brought up/down 2-3 flights of stairs. Also delivered high range furniture, and brought to room of choice. Trying to make it on time to a customer's location and still complete the day safely became quite a challenge. The amount of time that was given to complete certain jobs, as well as the time given to travel from stop to stop, many times was no where near adequate. After experiencing a handful of close calls in regards to serious injury, it was time to go.
Pros
Days go by fast, commitment to Veterans
Cons
Please see description
Almost Perfect
Sales/Account Management (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 18, 2015
I LOVE this company, and the Executive Leadership has almost everything right. The only things lacking are: below average pay, above average working expectations and extremely outdated views regarding work-life balance.
Pros
Values, Executive Leadership, Vision, People
Cons
Lower than average compensation and poor work-life balance
Great growth opportunities
Intermodal Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2016
JB Hunt is a company that allows you to get promoted very quickly, but you have to put in the work to get there. If you work harder than your peers, show more dedication and organization skills, you will be on the fast-track. Transportation is a very "black and white" industry, so if you are looking for a creative environment, this is not the place for you. Having said that, this a role with a lot of management opportunities within your first role, allowing a lot of room to bring your own ideas into play.
Pros
The PEOPLE
Cons
Decent place to work pay is decent work is easy.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJanuary 8, 2016
Very safety oriented place to work . They need to be realistic on some aspects of their policies in my opinion. Management is not well organized, nor is the communication flow between them. The lack or shortcoming on the two is a great disadvantage on the drivers.
Pros
if you dont like rushing to meet dealines it may be a good fit for you.
Cons
Safety overkill from the start of the day untill you fiinish the day.
jbhunt is not a good company
Cott Beverage Class A driver local (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA 19342May 18, 2016
They are the worst to work for this is a company where you cant have nothing else going on in your life if you want to work for them. fleet manager cut cost to the point where we use to make 700+ a week after taxes to if we are luck 600. he cut cost so he was able to get his monthly bouses. this company also does not protect you in any way and you will get blamed for any thing that happens even if it is out of your control so be preprared for you dmv record to get trashed if you come here
Cons
money, management
Great 1st job
Intermodal Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2015
Great Company with good pay and benefits. The people in the office are good, management will go the extra mile to train and help you. The downside is that it is tough to get promoted.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
tough to get promoted
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 1, 2016
• Develops and manages a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for a specific area
• Negotiates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability
• Ensures customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered
• Meets and exceeds margin and revenue goals for a specific branch
• Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers
Ok working environment. Ok equipment. Ok people
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 7, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. My only gripe is money. Sure I make the cents per mile but I haven't been getting the miles. Been with me for almost a quarter now and the only reason I went JB was the possible money through guarantee by even the dispatch team. We all know the game but at the time I recieved the call I was in dire need.
The unfortunate aspect is it has hurt me more than helped. I truly wish it were different.
Pros
Ok people. Ok equipment. Ok lanes.
Cons
Money
great benefits and travel
driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 9, 2015
was a great job to have, great benefits,great travel and the opportunity for advancement within the company. if had the opportunity i would return
Pros
great income
Cons
away from home
Culture of growth
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 18, 2016
JB Hunt is an industry leader in supply chain logistics that offers its clients a vast array Work/life balance is an issue with most sales people having to constantly travel or take care of service issues at night and on weekends. Pressure to bring in business is heavy but if you are successful you will be compensated.

Overall Hunt has a strong vision for the future. There will be growth opportunities for the right person especially women.
poor place to work
live haul driver (Current Employee) –  Cassville, MONovember 5, 2015
treat u like a slave work long long hours for little pay they did not give a dam about there employees here in cassville missouri and missy gamit needs to be fired
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall the company was not terrible to work for but they misstated what the pay would be.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 10, 2015
Working for J.B. Hunt was not bad. 10 to 12 hr days was standard and sometimes 14 hr days when they were busy. I came in with a lot of experience and learned to pace my self. The management was I feel overall good and there was good communication. The hardest part of the job was during the winter months. The most enjoyable part of the job was generally the customers.
Pros
Customers and having a good working relationship with them
Cons
During the winter, not being able to make my deliveries in a timely manner due to snow conditions.
Working Life
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoy working for the company and there is a lot of growth potential is you apply yourself. I've moved to a couple of different cities and every time the process has been smooth and there's a lot of support from upper management and corporate.
Avoid this company at all costs!
Driver (Former Employee) –  various assignment locationsOctober 15, 2015
I worked at this company in several divisions for over six years, off and on...don't plan on "going anywhere fast" - no pun intended...

Oh, pay is alright, but if your truck could actually DO the speed limit, pay would be a lot better -

Intermodal is alright, I guess. At least they will keep you busy, there

Avoid DCS as if it were the bubonic plague and you were a medieval European peasant. Perhaps you will be lucky, but I would not count on it... you see, DCS account management is staffed by young, fresh-out-of-college pseudo-intellectuals who do nothing but find reasons to write you up, set you up, or terminate you because they can -

Do yourself a favor - buy your own rig, watch your money, and stay away from JB Hunt!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9