J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Large company with opportunity to learn the ropes
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 23, 2017
I spent many years at this company. The training is great but the pay is not competitive at all. work starts at 7am til 5pm not 8-5 like everyone else. Again, training for the industry is great so ok place to get your feet wet.
Good place to work for has good time to be home compared to other driver position
Long Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 22, 2017
On this job you have to deal with the weather that makes it difficult to drive . But the good thing is that you see new place that you wouldn't see at any other job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
That your not home everyday
Family Oriented
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 15, 2017
Family oriented is what made this company. If you are willing to advance you can easily if you're willing to show you have what it takes.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Great job with lots of opportunity to make money
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 14, 2017
This was a great job for the money, hours and the enjoyment of the work its self.

Had become third top recruiter in my region with in 3 months.
Pros
Lots of rewards for excelling
Cons
Do not enjoy working in a cubical
Excellent company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoyed my time with J. B. Hunt - fantastic people, job surroundings, management. Great 11.5 years of my life. Worked independently on the payroll, billing, and reporting for the Walmart account for 8 years. Then spent the last 3.5 years as a finance analyst setting up
new accounts for new clients.
Pros
Great potential for advancement
Cons
Left company to move to Texas
Low pay, great benefits, no miles, chasing trailers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 12, 2017
First week was great, got nearly 4000 miles, after that it was down hill, average miles between 1500-1800 a week, too many live loads killing your clock and looking for empty trailers. Company shut down for three days during the holidays and did not inform me...I was stuck far from home for 3 days.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, no miles, chasing trailers, lack of communication
Rarely fulfilling work with very corporate vibe
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 11, 2017
While the job was never too strenuous, that aided in the lack of accomplishment that it would give you when you left every day. It's a great place to work if you love the corporate atmosphere, but if you are wanting to do something exciting or fulfilling, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
good benefits, regular hours
Cons
corporate red tape, constant management changes
Decent place to work
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 9, 2017
Although I'm not a lover of the transportation industry, it was a decent place to work. Would recommend it to a friend. Not a bad commute either.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Not t he best work/life blance
good company to work for
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Very busy and the company wants their employees to work to their best ability. I have learned patience. Management and co-workers
ok. No hard part best part meeting new people
Pros
they listen to you
Cons
short breaks
Good exeperience
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 6, 2017
Delivered product throughout the USA and Canada. It was such a fun experience that provided the opportunity to travel all over the country and the Canada.

Want to know more about J.B. Hunt?

Ask a question
Ok
Heavy tractor-trailer driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 6, 2017
Seems professional but if u need the health insurance this company charge a lots of money with high deductible and out of pocket, meaning the benefit is not so good
it was good for me
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2017
It was ok except there a couple of driver managers
Who don't have what it takes to work with drivers
This is not just my opinion also other drivers
In short they think they are more than the driver.
Cons
there are some driver managers never been in a truck but they think they now more than the driver.
Don't get paid enough to be away from home like I am
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
This is a great company I just feel as if I don't get paid enough for what I do and have to deal with in a daily basis. I'm barely scrapping by every week. And the worst trucks.
Overall I enjoyed the work i was doing as a driver, but very poor management.
CDL Driver - Class A (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 5, 2017
Bluntly put, management was dishonest and manipulative. The work was easy but I had to put in a lot of 14 hour days with just a 10 hour break to make a living.
Pros
Decent pay. Easy work.
Cons
Management. Long hours.
The corporation is well run but more to be desired locally
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
The corporation is run well, but there is still a lot to be desired from management in the field. The work/ life balance is skewed more towards work with limited real time off.
Open road freedom
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2017
At J.B. Hunt I have the opportunity to see a lot of the country. It is like I am a traveling musician going from state to state, and city to city non-stop.
A typical day at work starts with: a quick breakfast to secure well needed energy for a 6-8 hour drive stretch before (lunch) break, a cool 3 minute walk to prevent stiffness, and hygiene at truck stop facility. After that I perform a pre-trip inspection, tug test and break test. I check for any delays in times as well as city traffic on routes that I may drive and begin the 11-hour journey and see how far I can get in that run.
Management is so cool. They are my life lines when situations occur. Always willing to help. The hardest part of my job is sleeping comfortably in inclement weather. If its not cold enough I freeze due to tractor temperature idle regulations. The most enjoyable is driving because I love doing that, and being able to do it for a living is a plus.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Parenting/ home sick
Horrible trucking company
Marketing Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 3, 2017
This company may becoming one of the biggest trucking companies in the US, but they do it by treating their employees and customers like garbage` There is always a problem with their trucks arriving late or showing up to the wrong location. They seem to be far behind with time on their software. Their attendance policy is retarted. I wouldn't ever work for this company again.
Keeps you moving
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 3, 2017
This is a company that does pay well. They keep you moving so your checks are very good. Give them a try. Management are very easy to work with.
Low Pay, Slow Trucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2016
Safety Conscious, Good Equipment, Low Pay, Slow Trucks, Great People. Note: Expect to see a doctor for a DOT Physical if more than two days is missed on the job. Good with offering recognition for time with company. Corporate office will mail a small box with certificate, patch and pin for each year of service and may offer a gift of choice if the year was completed without accident. Overall the CEO is only interested in enriching his pockets and the companies bottom line. I know drivers who have been there for years yet still live on a pauper's wage. If you want a pat on the back and a kick in the butt, go work for JB Hunt. And the truth shall set you free.
Pros
Large company with many options
Cons
Low Pay. Number 1 driver on yard but made only 38K
Great Job
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
Takes a long time for advancement even when given the opportunity for training. Non-Union shop needs union behind them which would be the best interest of the workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9