J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Teamwork was always a major role.
Office Specialist I (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 5, 2015
Pros: built experience and knowledge
Cons: management staff have little management skill
I worked for this company and was happy for the most part with the job duties and responsibilities however the management staff was less than desirable. I believe in a management position you should uphold a stature for your employees with guidelines and rules set forth by the company to progress. Working hard as an individual and not receiving the respect from the company that was well deserved is the reason for departure. A place of employment should be of course of the work ethic, responsibilities and duties you as an employee are responsible for however if you don't have the role models to assist with setting forth this compliance it is hard for growth.
Demanding job with potential for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), York, PAJune 5, 2015
Day to day operations varied due to customer demands
Demanding job in demanding industry
Challenge to work with drivers and find common ground
Growing industry with growing demands
local intermodal
Driver Intermodal/ (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
intermodal and rail yards were a little challenging but the local positions are good and manageable.
co workers are great they have good attitudes.
great experience for a person starting off in transportation
Account Manager (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: great overall company
Cons: long hours
Great learning experience for learning the transportation world. Long hours when you are starting off, but well worth it in the end.
Stressful! Do not work for this place.
Driver Placement Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasJune 1, 2015
Pros: 5 day work week off week ends depending on department.
Cons: Healthcare is very costly. 600.00 just for couple (monthly)
This place is very stressful to work at, they make changes daily you never know if you have a job from day to day. You get vacation and pto time if you take it with out a 72 hour notice you get points, You are allowed so many points per year if you go over your fired. All you are is a number at JB Hunt and you feel it. I loved my job there but there policy's were so unfair, after 2 year's working there i was let go for no reason they fought me on unemployment and lost.. There's more but would run out of space.
Overall a good company but not the right one for me
Regional Driver Intermodal (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: The hours are there for now
Cons: The pay is not consistent
It has good people working there but some changes need to be made to make it a more team orientated work place. The pay needs to be accurate it is not every week i was shorted money
odd hours, consistant work,
Installer specialist (Current Employee), Spanaway, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: consistant work, great co workers
Cons: low pay, not getting promised wages, underappreciated, untrained help/ coworkers
load truck for work day, drive various distances to multiple locations state wide, installing appliances, furniture, equipment etc.

I have learned how to install any type of appliance
knowledge of care and use of appliances
care of customer product and solving customer issues
how to properly use a hand truck
Mediocre Trucking Company
DRIVER (Current Employee), Brattleboro, VTMay 20, 2015
Pros: Weekly Paychecks
Cons: Sometimes they pay you accurately, Low opportunity for advancement, 12-14 Hour shifts with low Hourly pay or Mileage Pay
Its JB Hunt... Need I say more.

Long Hours, Mediocre pay.

Very little room for advancement as a driver.

C&S Equipment is old, has many issues with operating correctly
Gret place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJMay 19, 2015
Payroll invoicing and Fuel PO'S, Very consistent work every week was the same, if you missed a day you would have to catch up or bring home. co workers were great people to work for and management as well..
Very friendly culture
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Lowell, ARMay 11, 2015
Very supportive and encouraging supervisor, eager to teach employees new skills and assist them in career advancement.
Very personable
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMay 7, 2015
Pros: all good
Cons: only hire thru temp service
Company was great to work for. Everyone personable, everyone willing to help and answer questions. Management was personable as well. You worked with production as well as upper management, this was a great tool to move forward. The most difficult part was, there wasn't. Your co workers always made it enjoyable
Hard work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 5, 2015
I worked and drove in the 11 western states and was out 2 weeks at a time. All I did was pick up material and drop it off so I left to become an local driver. I wanted to be home more.
Combative pay scales
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Haslet, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Cant say for others benefit
Cons: Cant say for others benefit
I currently work here in 2015. Work load is based on managers abilities and not the driver.The pay scale is descent compared but when it comes time to get paid for it,pulling teeth is a better word.I was looking for better pay due to slower work at my PAST employer.Little did I know that it would cost me my job when JB called for verification.Some dispatchers are well and beyond willing to help you make money.But unless you have been here for 5+ yrs you wont make close to 1000-1300 a week.The trucks are very well maintained due to fleet service being on site and typically done so in a timely manner from my experiences.So far I have lost up to a few hundred due (one month time frame)to discrepancies in paperwork or some how the computer missed paying me regardless of the dispatch method. Which in my view should be impossible to miss anything.Overall it is easy but you have a great number of customers who are in NO hurry to move you to your next stop or load.Typical start is a delivery out of the rail the off to the customer for your first live load.I have been asked to move chassis or trailer then not been paid after I asked if it were paid separately.Then not seeing it on a pay sheet and have to explain my self as if I were still in training or cant read the pay sheet.Needless to say I wanted to make money and willing to put in the hours.I figured it on a descent hourly rate or gross pay once I calculated the hours I worked for what I am/was payed for that week.It seems to come out a low hourly rate as If I were making 12-14 hr at 58-60 hrs with no OT. Overall this is a descent place to work for retirement or right out of school.But the mid grade career level has been a horrible experience.So for those who are considering working here make certain you do CONSIDER the next months as what toll it will have.It is not "across the board" as they say.There is a high turn over rate from my view and now understand why.So good luck.Hope this helped the next person.
Hard work required
delivery to restaurants (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: pay, Hometime
Cons: Are not too concerned with drivers safety
Pay is good manager are not very friendly. They will only believe what the customer say. They will use what you say against you.
Fun workplace
ICS Carrier Relations (Former Employee), lowell, arApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Bad training
Grat place to work but the cons are that they suck at training their co workers. It's a family based company. I just wish they can train their co workers better.
Snakes
Mobile Trailer Mechanic/ Chassis Technician (Current Employee), Haslet, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: You get experience to work on the box units and chassis
Cons: Snakes, snithces, no advancement, poor pay
The workplace is ok when the "snakes" are not crawling around. The work environment is horrible! They treat people bad.
Job driving job with predictable schedule
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 8, 2015
Drove the c and k dedicated account 4-6 days a week. Pallet jack in store delivery at a grocery store. Once established you may serve the same several stores each week, allowing the building of good customer rapport.
Stable Miles
Company Driver (Former Employee), Haslet (Ft. Worth), TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good vehicles, regular home time, paid uni's
Cons: Frequent blowouts on boxes, trucks governed too low.
I worked for JB Hunt's Intermodoal Division out of Haslet, TX. The miles were steady and rarely did I have to spend more than an hour or two waiting on loads. Their vehicles are well kept and run well. The intermodal boxes are mostly fine, but they always use recapped tires on them so they are prone to blowouts.

Pros of that particular division are stable, stable, stable miles, and you ALWAYS go home for the weekend. They were the FIRST company that I worked for that kept their promise of home time.

Con of the division would be the sometimes frequent blowouts and the ridiculous throttling of the trucks (61 mph).
dismal company
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great sign on bonus if you can get it
Cons: Bad management
JB Hunt pays or used to pay a great sign on bonus, but they lack logistics skills which prohibit the driver from making money advancing his career.
The Intermodal lie.
Driver (Former Employee), Lockbourne, OhioMarch 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: No money, terrible equipment, lousey managemt team.
Ran night shift as driver intermodal in Lockbourne Ohio. 18:00 till done, usually by 05:00. Equipment averaged 500,000 miles with BALD tires. Couldn't bring truck to shop because of slip seating and the Day driver would be without a truck. If freight was slow off rail, you might make 30 dollars for the night. Zero communication between drivers on night shift and management because of the hours we ran. Management came in at 06:00 ish, and we were gone by then. We were told we are on night shift as to be " Out of sight, out of mind" by ramp manager.
Fellow night drivers were all cool, as we had to work together to make a living.
Terrible, worst decision I ever made was to work there.

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more

J.B. Hunt Salaries