J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
Dedicated Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Good company. Work life balance can be a challenge. If you can move, you can move up. On call 24/7. Pay is good. Challenging job. Management is good.
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 1, 2016
• Develops and manages a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for a specific area
• Negotiates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability
• Ensures customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered
• Meets and exceeds margin and revenue goals for a specific branch
• Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers
Ok working environment. Ok equipment. Ok people
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 7, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. My only gripe is money. Sure I make the cents per mile but I haven't been getting the miles. Been with me for almost a quarter now and the only reason I went JB was the possible money through guarantee by even the dispatch team. We all know the game but at the time I recieved the call I was in dire need.
The unfortunate aspect is it has hurt me more than helped. I truly wish it were different.
Pros
Ok people. Ok equipment. Ok lanes.
Cons
Money
Culture of growth
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 18, 2016
JB Hunt is an industry leader in supply chain logistics that offers its clients a vast array Work/life balance is an issue with most sales people having to constantly travel or take care of service issues at night and on weekends. Pressure to bring in business is heavy but if you are successful you will be compensated.

Overall Hunt has a strong vision for the future. There will be growth opportunities for the right person especially women.
Good Intern for College Grads
InformationS ervices Intern (Former Employee) –  Lowell,ARSeptember 2, 2015
Good Intern Opportunity Overall. Team is very good and the project is challenging.

Lots of opportunities to learn. Training is good.
Pros
Employee Oriented
Benefits
Productive work place.
Class 8 Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILNovember 23, 2015
I perform federal safety inspections daily on vehicles so that they are safe to travel down the road and meet strict federal safety DOT regulations for 50,000 miles. These vehicles routinely have failures that require immediate repair or replacement to safely operate the vehicle or to maintain optimum life of powertrain, electrical, and mechanical components. These jobs are timed and graded based upon completion and accuracy. I am trained in diagnostic scanning equipment for Cummins, Navistar, Detroit Diesel, and CAT. I am a quick study and require little to no supervision. I lookforward to reviewing my quallifications in person if you believe that my skills will benefit us both mutually. I am looking for a career with an establlished company who is exited to expand on my skills.Thank you for your time and consideration.
Great starting jobs.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CAMarch 19, 2016
It is a great starting Job for anyone straight out of college that wants an opportunity to prove themselves. It has Job security as well. It is a stressful job but if you keep your head down and work it will open doors for your career.
face paced
Area Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAMarch 19, 2016
Good company for a young person to enter out of college. Good starting pay and rapid advancement are possible. You must be willing to relocate to move quickly otherwise you will become stagnant and get passed over
Cons
I have learned alot from working the dedicated contact services department
Operations Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 4, 2016
Lots of inbound and outbound calls for regional and local distribution centers all over the US, I have four locations that I call and schedule home deliveries for :: One in Hanover, MD, Corapolis, PA, Wichita, KS and one in Port Allen, LA... Love being able to come through for a customer that is in need of an appliance if they have been without for a while.. or if a birthday present can be delivered on time..
Excellent place to work. Great benefits and good hours.
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2016
Excellent place to work and great benefits, along with good working hours. I enjoyed meeting their customers and working with the contractors on builder jobs. JB Hunt was the "final mile" of their appliance delivery. We ensured the customer's new appliances and other products were installed in a timely manner and made sure they worked properly.

Want to know more about J.B. Hunt?

Ask a question
awesome work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2016
a typical day at work started with unloading 3 semi trucks stacked with dryers washers fridges . i learned alot about the type of work.management was awesome!!!.my co workes were very friendly and helped me when i needed it. the hardest part of the job was unloading trailers by yourself . the most enjoyable part of the work day was going home
Pros
paid very well
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for if you like being away from home.
Driver (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 29, 2016
On any given day, you start with a safety and maintenance check. On average, you drive 600 miles before your hours run out. Typically a 12-14 hour day, then sleep in the truck. The company does have local positions, but they require a Hazmat endorsement.

The hardest part of the job is being away from my family for long periods of time for the average of 7-10 days.
Pros
Nice equipment, very safety oriented, drivers are treated with respect.
Cons
Sporadic mileage for paychecks, only 34 hour reset at home.
No work life balance
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2015
JB Hunt is a good company to work for in terms of transportation but there is a large presence of the "Good Ole Boys" club. If you don't know people that are at the executive level, it is tough to advance. Also the pay and compensation is low compared to the responsibilities given to managers who have to be on call 24/7 a week. There isn't really a work life balance and you are expected to work during off hours and weekends.
Pros
you can manage your own business and make majority of the decisions.
Cons
it is a stressful job for having to manage your truck drivers, manage your relationship with the customer, and meet financial goals.
A good and bad experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interacting with customers and the pay. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the paperwork mix ups that seemed to happen at least once a day. My day usually consisted of picking up and delivering to rail yards after inspecting the truck. Management was efficient and my co-workers were good hard working people. I learned patience and also got to know the area really well.
Don't Waste Your Time
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 9, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for hands down............ Place is run by a drunk and a bunch of immature college graduates who graduated with below average grades.
Pros
none..... there really are no pros to this sorry excuse of a job
Cons
So many to list but for starters the comapny is racist period, low wages, paid by what you install and the person who does the routes determines if you will make money.
Cubicle Life with a splash of fun
Partnership Development Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 11, 2016
I work anything between 100 emails a day to problem solving several 3pl accounts.
I am the middle person that is all hands on deck for current issues to aftermath.
I love a great environment where my personality is able to shine and grow and work close to the work family.
Hardest part of the job is always finding balance to be able to give everyone the attention they are needing.
Pros
flexible
Cons
better pay
Cargill Meats Outbound 3rd party Account Manager with JBHunt Transport
3rd party account manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work is getting in at 6am. Starting the day by checking on my drivers positions along their routes. Notifying the customer, Cargill, if any problems have or will arrive in the future. Holding drivers for 2nd runs or random pick-ups throughout the day. I completed: payroll, vacation time, Physicals, DOT requirement, KPI's for customer and JB Hunt, Forecast, safety reviews, driver monthly training, violations, and multiple other things like a small business. I see my boss twice a year. Much of the account is left in my hands to run at tip-top shape.
Pros
Always on call and ready to fix a problem.
Cons
Getting calls when you are sleeping, but the Job needs to get completed.
JB Hunt
Operation Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJuly 2, 2016
Fast growing trucking company with good pay and good benefits. However, 12 hour work days are the norm in a stressful office setting where it's hard to get away for lunch. The result is high turnover and high burnout.
Pros
Good pay for the industry. Fun group of co-workers.
Cons
Long work days with high stress. Being able to get away for lunch breaks is dificult.
Productive and fast paced, great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 21, 2016
I learned a lot working here, I believe they could do better at training and explaining company policies by the book instead how workers interpret them. I learned so much about organization, computer skills, and time management.
Pros
Paid time off, 401k and great health insurance
Cons
you are easily replaceable
Productive and fun workplace with an exercise room
Finance Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 27, 2015
Everyone has the right to form their own opinion, and I do not have the best knowledge of anything out of my department. I am more than happy to say how I feel, though.
I do not recommend starting in an entry level position unless you are desperate for a job. If you can get into the right department, such as Intermodal or ICS, you will go a long ways! The people who work here are great, and even the executives and CEO are respectable people. Every manager has their own way of doing things, but based on my experience with the management team, I would not think she/he were a manager. She/he seems to come and go as she/he pleases, and she/he does not do well with confrontation. The coworkers are great! The environment is excellent! You will definitely get your lunch and breaks. The company offers great and affordable benefits plus the opportunity to accrue PTO and earn Vacation Time after a year of dedication to the company. Overall, the company is a good place to work. Must be motivated in every aspect!
Pros
Exercise equipment, daily lunch and breakfast vendors, friendly environment
Cons
Not the greatest compensation, managerial team(s) could be improved

2.9