J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

bad place to work unless your desperate
driver appliance installer (Former Employee), auroraFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: no pros about this job
Cons: management couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, management just doesn't care about the employee, your job is threatened on a daily basis
The worst place to work by far. You have to fight for your money, was misleading about the pay. Clint the manager is no help. Every time he called you your job was threatened , they say 1075 a week. About 56000 a year. Its a lie. They recently had the state of Colorado labor board in there bec of all the complaints from its employees over pay. If you work over 40 hours a week no overtime given. They conveniently switch your pay so they dont have to pay overtime.
After training and assignment of truck, drivers were pretty much on their own.
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Based out of Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Overall maintenance of truck was done in a timely manner. Problem with getting dispatches created 34 hours or more downtime for drivers.
Looking to expand my knowledge in a new environment.
Tractor Technician (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GA.February 18, 2015
Pros: safe work environment
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work consists of getting as many downed units out as possible.
I've learned new advanced troubleshooting techniques.
Management is supportive.
My co-workers are great to be around and very informative of ideas/ techniques they've come across.
The hardest part of the job is, diagnosing some of the newer units with cpu problems
The most enjoyable part of my job, is working together as a team with my supportive co-workers.
More of a man's world
Payroll Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
This is not a good place for females to work. It is very much male-oriented. • Entered drivers’ mileage and verify routes into PACE system software to ensure pay was accurate
• Verifying receipts from drivers and answering any questions regarding their wages
• Running various payroll reports for regional vice president
Large Company
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: first company that offered me experience
Cons: not enough miles issued
First company after training. Over the road and long distance driving was required. Not enough miles issued and therefore my salary was low.
Typical Trucking Company
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Started here in November 2014. The orientation training staff was wonderful. Orientation was paid at $17/hour.
In bad weather, they understand you not coming out and offer for you to use any accrued personal time. The loads are plentiful, but sitting on the outside looking into the office, sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they want to blame the drivers.
This is supposed to be a slip-seat operation, but if the driver has been around a while with them, they don't make the driver remove his belongings at the end of his shift. This makes it difficult for the next driver getting into the truck and not having room to place his/her tools. I have pictures of trucks that I have been assigned to with trash, urine bottles, and dust and mud all over the trucks. Drivers are not held accountable for the trucks. Luckily now, my "truck buddy" and I have a good working relationship, each of us being responsible for the condition of the truck inside and out.
There are only about seven women running out of this intermodal terminal in Harrisburg, and this lopsided balance is reflected in the office as well, with only 2 women (one admin in the orientation group, and one compliance manager - neither that the drivers deal with).
Overall, the pay is fair, and there is usually plenty of work, but they have a very high turnover rate.
No work life balance
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: you can manage your own business and make majority of the decisions.
Cons: it is a stressful job for having to manage your truck drivers, manage your relationship with the customer, and meet financial goals.
JB Hunt is a good company to work for in terms of transportation but there is a large presence of the "Good Ole Boys" club. If you don't know people that are at the executive level, it is tough to advance. Also the pay and compensation is low compared to the responsibilities given to managers who have to be on call 24/7 a week. There isn't really a work life balance and you are expected to work during off hours and weekends.
Great employer great equipment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: pay benefits mgmt. equipment
My job was varied and fun they recognized my ability to learn and work ethic and compensated very well the mid level managers I had were some of the best I ever met.
Low pay, high stress
Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Depends on the account you end up working at. Some accounts are more stressful that others. Limited opportunities for growth as a supervisor in certain accounts. Pay could be better.
okay to work, but noa stable company.
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2015
no enough time home, no commuicate i love driving seeing different places.also the pay was not on time, no stable company.
I love my trip to Arkansas.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Syracuse NYFebruary 6, 2015
I miss the open road, had A lot of fun out there. If I can do it again I would. Not have a family at the present time makes this job ideal. My driver license is under restrictions so it not A option at this time. Over the years I learn a lot and grow a lot. Yes it was the best job I every had. They have a great staff in New Jersey.
Flexible and Changing Company
Partnership Analyst I (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2015
Currently JB Hunt is in the midst of major changes in all areas. Job security is very good and it is not difficult to move to new positions.
driver/techician
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good, not bad 401k benefits for my retirement.....
Cons: medical wasnt bad as some other companies these days..
Daily duties where to get loads to stores on time. I learned time management,almost all my co-workers were easy to work with no problems at all,dispatcher not knowing there jobs and always having me guess whats next,,, dealing with people i like working with all kinds of people...im a people person.
not the best managment to work with
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJJanuary 29, 2015
ive had the problem when working on their home depot account, the people at the stores dont make calls to costermors before the deliveries,...wrong/short orders and it takes time away from the driver when he must deal with mistakes from store.no support from dispactch
a job
Dedicated local class A driver (Current Employee), vermontJanuary 24, 2015
its a job that dosn't pay what your told. equipment sucks. management will work with you. they don't pay for total mile so be prepared to do charity work.
Unorganized and full of amatures
Tarper/ Strapper (Former Employee), Montgomery ilJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: stuck outside all day in cold.
i worked there for 3 months and the entire three months i was their the managment was so unorganized and didnt care about their employees. We rarely had enough materials to do the jobs we needed to do and in the winter when materials got frozen they refused to allow us to put them inside to thaw out.
My experiences with JB Hunt made me feel like family.
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Dallas,TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: my dispatch kept me on the go
Cons: need bigger yards
JB Hunt has been extremely flexable with getting me home during situations where I was needed at home, that were beyond my control . I plan to return as soon as possible. Being away from home is hard, but I enjoy driving so much that I know its the only job I will ever have. Nothing else compares to working for JB Hunt. Just wanted to thank everyone for all your support. You guys are the best.

Future Re-hire
Honestly working at mcdonalds would be better
Installation specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: pay, hours, management
I work for the Final Mile Service Division.
between hours I work and management this Job is a Nightmare.

I was mislead when I started that I would be working a set schedule of about 8 hrs a day to find out that I work 14 hour days 5 days a week. When I asked how the pay worked the manager couldn't give me a straight answer.

recruiting told me I'd be making 15 an hour through training which would've led me to believe I'd be getting over time.... that hasn't been the case.

There is no consistency for this job they oay you hourly upto 40 hrs and then conveniently switch you to salary after you hit 40 hours.

I'd say this isn't a bad job if you're desperate but once you decide you hate it you'll have no time to search for a new job.
Good learning experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: not being micromanaged
Cons: managed was strict and they did not set their expectations
learned how to drop and hook deliveries and also able to learn more about transportation. I had never delivered containers my past experience was delivering produce. I was glad to learn something new
Productive company
Equipment Control/Customer Service (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Great school to learn of the transportation business in all areas. Opportunities are out there...

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more

J.B. Hunt Salaries