J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

You will work very hard
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2016
Supervising drivers, managing routes and compliance. I worked very hard here. Extra days on Sat or Sun in the office was the norm.
Pros
great experience
great place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 28, 2016
I loved jb. always took care of employees and my fleet manager was on point, she always had work for me even when it was slow, I was a local driver in Tacoma Washington and never went without work, didn't matter if I wanted to run local 7 days a week she always had runs for me
Jb hunt
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 26, 2016
Good environment, ok management, didn't like slip seating with other drivers seemed like there was always something out of place or messed up, got layed off and had to find another job within a week to cover bills at home
Good company very high stress
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 24, 2016
Like any other company. Didn't seem very loyal to employees that had been there over 10 years. I have no regrets of the time I was with the company.
Corporate
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 24, 2016
It was pretty fun working there. I got to talk to a whole lot of Drivers every week Amsterdam getting to know them before ether were hired for the company.
it was ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 23, 2016
it was ok but i need something local if you want to travel the country and make good money good benefits it is a great place to be the people there are good to work for they help you as much as they can they just didnt have what i needed to stay there
fun job, productive
ambient loader drivers helper (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 21, 2016
i would come into work at 2:00am, our shuttle would be at j.b. hunt around 2:30am. apond arrival we would abstract appliances off of our shuttles. after that, we would put our appliances inside the warehouse or to its designated shuttle, for delivery.
Pros
not to much lifting
Cons
waking up at 120 am
otr driver
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 20, 2016
The problem with this company is that there were never enough empty trailers leaving it hard for a driver to do their work. Getting home time was also problematic.
Productive and flexible hours
Proffessional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
Working for JB HUMT is an unforgettable experience. JB HUNT PAYS Medical and life insurance and all the benefit you ask for including home and car insurance deductive right off you check
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Healthcare
Opportunities galore, if you know how to find them.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 14, 2016
I feel as though I have grown up at J.B.Hunt, they have taught me developed me and shown me my own potential. I have enjoyed every minute of my ride thus far and wish I could one day retire from here.
Pros
Great Networking Opportunities
Cons
Not all Business Units communicate, causing an internal competition that can be discouraging.
Office specialist
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 12, 2016
Subject matter expert for Appliances Connection and Tempurpedic
Customer service rep
Scheduling customers
Daily reports
Resolving customer issues with deliveries
Training new hires
When out on the road we do not have time to stop for lunch. We are over loaded and sometimes forced to stay out to finish our routes.
Driver installation specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MIDecember 11, 2016
We cannot tell our families when we will be home due to our routes and being forced to stay out to finish our routes. Our routes are long and hard, but we do not receive any help or back up from management. It's a good company only because of the people you work with, being somewhere different everyday, meeting new people everyday. The benefits are not the greatest and unfortunately when you have question about them or the job itself you don't always get the answer your looking for. If something is unsafe, to hard to do for two people, wrong, you still receive no help.
Learned alot of skills
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Luzerne, PADecember 8, 2016
Basic Maintenance painting landscaping things like that. Learned a lot during my time there with all the different jobs I was tasked to do. Made a lot of friends along the way.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Shorter Breaks and lunches
Great place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 7, 2016
JB Hunt is a great place to work and with hard work and determination you can advance quickly in the company. Compensation is great but more importantly they make sure your home/work life is balanced.
Fast paced environment
PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 7, 2016
JB Hunt is a great place to work. Some positions are flexible and some are not. Stay positive and motivated. Breakfast and lunch served on campus everyday.
Very structured and great place to work.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Southgate, CaDecember 7, 2016
Very good co-workers that made the experience and my time there more enjoyable. The diversity in dealing with different drivers and vendors was great. Company offered many perks and incentives for it's employees.
bad eqipment , you just a number
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 6, 2016
I had a bad work experience , I was just a number, didn't care about me as a driver cared more about the load.

I was put in an unsafe truck that had lots of issues, but was told to remain in the truck.

They micro managed me, it was really stressful at times.

It was just a bad experience all around.
jbhunt
Arkansas- Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 1, 2016
Jb Hunt is a great place to work, great atmosphere with a lot to offer, family oriented company, team activities for all
casual work place with casual Fridays
just ok
CDL Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Chester, NYNovember 30, 2016
its a job you go to work then go home. you are on the road all the time. 3 loads a day. they unload your truck most of the time.dispatchers are a pain in the but like always
Good start for local experience
Commercial Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
Like most experience drivers eventually understand that there is a vast difference between OTR vs local. Even though the relationship with dispatch was always edgy and the truck assignment was disorganized it is a decent place to get local experience, The part that was horrible with this guys is I remember spending 2 hours in the morning everyday especially winter looking for a truck then another hour for a trailer maybe longer and pay sucked because its per trip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9