J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for if you like being away from home.
Driver (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 29, 2016
On any given day, you start with a safety and maintenance check. On average, you drive 600 miles before your hours run out. Typically a 12-14 hour day, then sleep in the truck. The company does have local positions, but they require a Hazmat endorsement.

The hardest part of the job is being away from my family for long periods of time for the average of 7-10 days.
Pros
Nice equipment, very safety oriented, drivers are treated with respect.
Cons
Sporadic mileage for paychecks, only 34 hour reset at home.
alot of very heavy lifting
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYFebruary 25, 2016
poor job poor work enviorment low wages poor insurance new tractors old ragged tralers good hometime bosseslookingfor infractions to write you up
Pros
good trucks
Cons
junk trailers
it's a job
local intermodal driver (Former Employee) –  memphis'tnFebruary 24, 2016
to many politics in intermodal. lousy benefits and management in Memphis is a joke. long hours short pay. use to be alright until management changed.
Pros
Cons
pay, insurance, management
awesome work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2016
a typical day at work started with unloading 3 semi trucks stacked with dryers washers fridges . i learned alot about the type of work.management was awesome!!!.my co workes were very friendly and helped me when i needed it. the hardest part of the job was unloading trailers by yourself . the most enjoyable part of the work day was going home
Pros
paid very well
Cons
short breaks
Productive and good source of income
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2016
I was a solo driver so I really didn't meet any other employees. I enjoyed the open road. I learned patience If you ran hard then you could make a decent pay.
terrible management
tractor trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAFebruary 8, 2016
started out as an otr driver, terrible pay, they keep you out two weeks, over the course of a year, only came home with 700$ or more twice, very safety orientated only as long as it's costing the driver, if it's going to cost them or disrupt a delivery, safety goes out the window, fleet managers think they know it all when most have never seen the inside of a truck and don't want to hear anything, they expect you to blindly do what they tell you even if it's wrong
Small overstocked warehouse
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2016
overall company is ok. this dept had payroll problems. weekly route had little variance but weekly pay varied too much. assistant needed more training on figuring pay. when supervisor figured pay I would take home 750.00 to 825.00. When assistant figured pay I would take home 525.00 to 650.00.
weekly route varied very little.
Intermodel/local driving Job.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Pick and deliver commercial good, to and from CSX rail yard. Traveling within a 200 mile radius of Norfolk Virginia. Mostly drop and hook.
Great entry level job
Operations Supervisor, MBM Food Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Long hours, semi competitive compensation. No paid holidays unless your customer is off as well. limited upward mobility.
Job was Ok
Poultry Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 2, 2016
Like the Job but the managment was always on a powertrip. it was like they owned you and your family. They did not know how to schedule at all.
Pros
Good Job Overall
Cons
Super Bad Bad Managment
Good company
Dedicated Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Good company. Work life balance can be a challenge. If you can move, you can move up. On call 24/7. Pay is good. Challenging job. Management is good.
Not much skill needed
Logistics Broker Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2016
Was basically the role of a telemarketer. Anyone with a High School Diploma could complete that task. At first I liked the work, but it was the same thing every day and got boring over time
ok place
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 30, 2016
dedicated account loved the home time and fast turn arounds. then they started keeping us out like a OTR driver which is not home time friendly
Pros
pay
Cons
not consistent with home time
Truck Driving Job
Van/ Truckload Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Typical Truck Driving Job. Mostly Intermodal. Work week is 5-6 days at a time. Management is good about getting you home for a 34 hour restart.
Pros
Home every weekend.
Cons
Home time is maximum 48 hours.
A good and bad experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interacting with customers and the pay. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the paperwork mix ups that seemed to happen at least once a day. My day usually consisted of picking up and delivering to rail yards after inspecting the truck. Management was efficient and my co-workers were good hard working people. I learned patience and also got to know the area really well.
Women learn from my mistake, dont work for them!!!
Professional Truck Driver/Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILJanuary 25, 2016
This company is prejudice of black women!

They were trying to force me out!

I made ok money, but they were forcing me to run 14-16 hrs daily. In order for me to make the same amount of money as the guys were making working 8hrs , while we all were under salarly.
Pros
MONEY WAS DECENT
Cons
THEY DONT LIKE WOMEN, EXPECIALLY BLACK WOMEN
Working Life
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoy working for the company and there is a lot of growth potential is you apply yourself. I've moved to a couple of different cities and every time the process has been smooth and there's a lot of support from upper management and corporate.
Stay away from the road service department.
Road Service (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 21, 2016
I worked in the road service department for 4+ years. Started out as a hourly MOC. You will be promised salary at a certain point but don't take it as a good thing. Whenever you go salary you get put on 10hr days and the raise doesn't cover the extra 10hrs you work a week. And then there is the management, specifically the MOC manager . He has some major anger issues, even to the point of bowing up to people and getting in there faces and screaming. If he doesn't like you he will get rid of you. They will load you down with enough work that you can almost handle then make you take breakdown calls from the drivers ruining any chance of getting your work done. Every day I was beyond mentally exhausted. You will be put in a cubical with a headset, a phone, and a computer with two monitors. The amount of multitasking you have to do every day just to stay not so far behind that they fire you is insane. I realized after moving up some in the department they viewed the road service guys and the MOC's kinda like slaves. They will run you into the ground for as long as they can and throw you out when you get to your breaking point in exchange for a fresh person. I left for a job paying much less but the stress relief was worth every penny. I would never work for this company again in any of there departments. If you are a MOC it is a pain to take days off. When you come back to work you are even further behind than you were before.
Pros
It put food on the table
Cons
Stress hurts life at home with your family. The managers, You can never do good enough.
Promotion if your in the click
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 20, 2016
10 hour days for 8 hour pay. management is very green in lower levels. Too many buddy buddy promotions.

Not much vacation until you reach 10 years
Pros
casual dress
Cons
no lunch, expected to be working 24/7 and answer phone all the time even on vacation.
hard working
driver helper (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Performs stock and parts checks, document, put stock/parts away, and unload trucks as required.
•Sorting, and physical inventories.
•Shipping and receiving of appliances
•Delivers parts between stockroom facilities and vendors as required.
•All other stockroom functions as dictated by maintenance management

2.9