J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews in United States

See Resume
Intermodal Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 1, 2016
• Responsible for pricing the highest volume region of the country for intermodal
• Liaison between sales, finance and operations responsible for profitable business growth
• Responsible for business retention despite rising costs
• Required creative deal making in order to satisfy internal requirements as well as customer needs
Pros
Networking
is company to work for
Intermodal Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 30, 2015
its nice place to work plenty of freight and the managers to can actually have conservation with they treat as equal as long as you don't disrecpt them
Pros
its what you make of it
Cons
benifits
No work life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Heavener, OKDecember 24, 2015
No work life balance for management at this company. Compensation is below national average with longer working hours. Advancement opportunities exist, but with advancement comes less work life balance
Cons
Compensation, work life balance
love the traveling
Route Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
riding around different citys working that's really in
t not much to say when all you doing is the same few things everyday
Fun and easy place to work
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 17, 2015
I worked here for awhile and I really enjoyed working for Kelly. He knows everyone so it was a good way for me to get a job and get some contacts for people I could be working with in the future.
Pros
Good pay for the work
Cons
The early hours
J.B Hunt Is a Family type business.
Regional/OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 15, 2015
I loved working for the company, They don't call you as a number, but by name. If you run in to issues, they will do everything they can to help you resolve it. Their trucks are top notch and confortable. and the mechanics know their stuff.

I only left because of my wife's health and I needed to be local. other wise I would still be with them.

While there, I learned that they place safety as the number one priority. The travel times are great also. They give you as many miles as you want. and don't pressure you to drive unsafe to get to your destination. along the way. BUT!!! they do pressure you to drive safe and stay alert. Because of this I have avoided many accidents.

Another bonus, they provide SerriusXM to their Regional drivers. no more flippin through channels between stops just to get good music.

The only hard part of the job is home time. While they do everything possible to accommodate home time. you are only home every other week if your driving regional. you have a great opportunity to transfer to their inter-modal department after some time driving. and then you can be home daily.

one last note, a minor negative note. Their Regional OTR trucks have only 1 bed, and no second bunk. and no refrigerator. this will force the drivers to have to spend more on meals while out on the road.

I give this company a 4.5 star rating
Pros
SirriusXM, unlimited travel, safety, comfortable trucks.
Cons
home time, No refrigerator on trucks
I love working at JB Hunt
Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 13, 2015
I have loved my time at JB Hunt. My co-workers and management are like family. I have leaned many ways to communicate with customers.
The hardest part is leaving this job, but being denied the privilege of being able to telecommute from another location has forced my resignation because of a move that I have to make.
Pros
Great benefits, great work enviroment.
Cons
Inability to telecommute
great experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 7, 2015
Local position with some regional deliveries. Not to be afraid of the big cities and that people come in all different opinions. Co workers were friendly and management also. The hardest part was learning New York , the enjoyable learning
Pros
great experience in the city
Cons
bad weather
Not so Fun Driving the Box Truck
FMS Operator/Install Specialist - (NON-CDL) (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, IADecember 7, 2015
The hours are ridiculous and the deliveries are not routed properly which means you'll pass up a location going to another location and then have to back track.
Pros
Cons
Better Helpers instead of 60+ age workers makes it hard on the other guy.
Was a great internship
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2015
Was challenged daily to figure out how to solve problems with deliveries and making deliveries convenient for the customers
Pros
Free lunches ever so often
Cons
Compensation could have been better
Unproductive complete waste of your time
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 6, 2015
Typical day at work driving around for miles and hours looking for empty trailers to make a load delivery. I learned that its all a game here and all lies you will learn quickly from talking to people that they are distributing dispatched loads to certain individuals. Most drivers are making about 650.00 a week before taxes. Once a new hire catches on to what they are doing they usually quit during training or not too long after training. So what JB Hunt does is they hire a new group of 30 drivers every week starting on Monday to replace the drivers that caught on and quit. Hardest part of the job is finding a empty trailer. Driving around from rail yard to rail yard for hours wasting your driving time and still not finding a empty. Driving around to customers who keep the empties from JB Hunt drivers. Last the company always saying they don't have a lot of work its really slow but goes and hire a new group of 30 employees every Monday or having other companies haul loads instead of their own company drivers. JB HUNT Is a fraud
Pros
Free Uniforms
Cons
Health Care is 100.00 and up depending of your plan
Decent
Night Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work minus the pay. work life balance was the best part of the job and being able to have weekends off was a very nice part of working at JB Hunt.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Cool job
Dedicated driver, team Philadelphia PA (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 1, 2015
Pay isn't great, not much home time. Other than that, good company. Big company and a lot of different accounts to try. Cool place to work.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay, home time
Clueless management
driver cdl (Current Employee) –  Austin txDecember 1, 2015
So much work for little pay. Hardly any paid time off. The bosses don't value your effort. No opportunities for advancement. Long hard hours and I never get to see my family.
Competititive and negative atmosphere.
Dedicated Regional Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
I started there with 6 people 3 were in charge of booking loads and 3 were in charge of dispatching. Quickly this changed to 1 (me) booking loads, scheduling maintenance and dispatching with one supervisor.

I soon got a "supervisor" fresh out of JB Hunt training school that wanted to know every time I went to the bathroom, or the fax room. Made for a very hostile environment.

I turned in my laptop which I was on almost 24 hours a day and wished her luck.
Certified OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2015
pick-up and delivery of cargo over OTR Diver preloaded and live shipments perfom mandatory daily vehicle maintenance and safety inspections.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Atmosphere made the day more enjoyable and easy to get through.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 23, 2015
The position I was hired for was very simple and easy to understand.at time.The majority of the staff were extremely friendly and co workers as well.
Pros
Flexible work schedule .
Cons
Temporary position
Productive work place.
Class 8 Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILNovember 23, 2015
I perform federal safety inspections daily on vehicles so that they are safe to travel down the road and meet strict federal safety DOT regulations for 50,000 miles. These vehicles routinely have failures that require immediate repair or replacement to safely operate the vehicle or to maintain optimum life of powertrain, electrical, and mechanical components. These jobs are timed and graded based upon completion and accuracy. I am trained in diagnostic scanning equipment for Cummins, Navistar, Detroit Diesel, and CAT. I am a quick study and require little to no supervision. I lookforward to reviewing my quallifications in person if you believe that my skills will benefit us both mutually. I am looking for a career with an establlished company who is exited to expand on my skills.Thank you for your time and consideration.
Suckkkkkkks
Jb hunt (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJNovember 23, 2015
I would not recommend this job to anyone Long hours for little pay. Require to much and management sucks!!! Only thing that's good is the Benifits
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours for small pay. Management sucks
exiting job
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CANovember 22, 2015
In this Co I stated as a long hold driver were I had the opportunity to travel cross country for several years,
Then I wanted to learn more and be able to move up with in the Co so I joined the Trainer program and the Hazardous Material transportation division, were after a year I became a driver trainer an supervised the pick ups of Haz Mat loads coming out of California wish included visiting customers to make sure we were satisfied with our services.
This part I enjoyed very much seance I really like to provide good service.
Pros
exiting job learned a lot
Cons
to hard on your body