J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Not enough miles
CDL Over the Road Driver (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 20, 2015
There is too much down time. The 11 hour clock is not being used to its full advantage. Just coming off home time you should be able to drive and not sit waiting on them to get you a load.
Poor Dispatch
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 18, 2015
When it comes to getting a load, dispatch procrastinates and wastes time that we as truck drivers don't have a lot of as we are only getting paid by the mile.
Avoid this company at all costs!
Driver (Former Employee) –  various assignment locationsOctober 15, 2015
I worked at this company in several divisions for over six years, off and on...don't plan on "going anywhere fast" - no pun intended...

Oh, pay is alright, but if your truck could actually DO the speed limit, pay would be a lot better -

Intermodal is alright, I guess. At least they will keep you busy, there

Avoid DCS as if it were the bubonic plague and you were a medieval European peasant. Perhaps you will be lucky, but I would not count on it... you see, DCS account management is staffed by young, fresh-out-of-college pseudo-intellectuals who do nothing but find reasons to write you up, set you up, or terminate you because they can -

Do yourself a favor - buy your own rig, watch your money, and stay away from JB Hunt!
driver/yard hostler
TRUCK DRIVER , YARD HOSTLER (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAOctober 12, 2015
typical day scaning trailers to dock door pulling the trailers out when they are called out also opening doors for receiver to work on chocking the wheels
Learned a lot
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 10, 2015
In this planning position I was given an opportunity to learn many new things that I wasn't exposed to in my previous position with the company. Much more analytical.
Great place to work and strong leadership and team work
Truck Driver CDL A (Former Employee) –  Hazleton PaOctober 7, 2015
I am thankful for the time and opportunity JB Hunt has given me to work with them and their team. They are a company that rewards and recognizes hard working people and shows trust and respect towards their employees.
Claims Specialist
Claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 7, 2015
Processing damaged truck claims, how and why JB Hunt will not pay for the shipment. The co-workers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
No time off
Driving OTR
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2015
i love driving but not for a company that only looks out for them and does not put their drivers first. I would log in doing my pre trip inspection drive to my destination drop of my load and do the same thing the next day.
Not a horrible job, but wouldn't recommend.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2015
The actual job has potential if they'd fix major problems. It's 12 hour days with shared trucks, many times I had to wait for my truck to come back. The pay was lousy, I averaged about 13/hr. A lot of local companies factor in when traffic will be heavy for certain deliveries, this company doesn't.

If I lived in a place like Kansas/Missouri/etc, I could see potential to make money from open road miles, but in Seattle, not a good job.
Pros
Local and home every night.
Cons
Long hours and low pay.
Safety always.
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 3, 2015
Security specialist to law enforcement.
Transportation specialist with school and passenger in class B
to Transportation specialist with Class A endorsements PNHS.
A day as a security and transportation specialist would be first patience, command and control of the moment and safety first with options.
Pros
Can be good pay ?
Cons
Accident/death most likely
On the Road
Driver (Current Employee) –  Berwick,PASeptember 30, 2015
It was a good job coworker was great i learned a lot. I was delivering the whole Northeast Dollar tree. Learned a lot about communication and been a great professional with customers and well as traffic.
Not my cup of tea
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJSeptember 29, 2015
If you want to avoid stress as well as chasing a paycheck then avoid this company and thats just my opinion if you're just starting out in the trucking industry by all means sign up.....
good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CASeptember 22, 2015
long days but overall management is willing to work with you if you need them too. Equipment is in decent shape as well, and they have a good benefits package.
Warehouse Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2015
Clock in at 4am-5am, Mon-Fri. grab a hand truck to begin unloading appliances off trucks parked in docks. I learned how to interact with customers in a patient matter. Management was very unorganized at my location, poor communication between management and employees.
Pros
taught me delivery logistics
Cons
no healthcare benefits, poor communication
Great career opportunity if you can handle the culture
PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 17, 2015
Let's get this straight: I don't find the transportation industry the least bit interesting. It's mind-numbingly boring to me. So being a programmer here hasn't really struck my fancy.

PLENTY of red tape and politics, but I suppose this is expected of a big company. Management can be supportive, and they take a mostly hands-off approach.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unsatisfactory culture
Un lugar muy tranquilo para trabajar
Asistente Internacional Administrativo (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TxSeptember 16, 2015
Me gusta trabajar aqui por el compaƱerismo que existe entre todos, le dan prioridad a la familia y tengo mi propia oficina. El lado malo es que no hay lugar para crecer ni profesional ni economicamente
Productive and fun work place, enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Logistics Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2015
I enjoyed my tenure at J.B. Hunt. It's opened up a lot of doors for me and I feel that this was a great company to start out working for. I learned some valuable information in regards to the supply chain & logistics industry that will stay with me forever. J.B. Hunt will continue to be an industry leader and I would recommend this company to anyone looking to start out in the transportation industry.
Pros
Free coffee, flexible hours, great work environment
Cons
Compensation, long hours, stressful
FMS germantown wi 12-14 hrs daily difficult to find home work balance
Current driver (Current Employee) –  Fms germantown wiSeptember 10, 2015
If you have a family it's a difficult place to work at, if your single and hungry there is money to be made. Extremely physical job, not for faint of heart. 3 account managers within 18 months tells you something. Equipment subpar, pay since changed to incentive pay, makes you choose between safety and production, which is why employees quit often.
Pros
Stability of work
Cons
Time off, incentive pay, subpar equipment, poor communication with upper management
Not a good place to work.
Driver Rec.00ruiter (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 10, 2015
J B Hunt was not a good place to work. As a driver Recruiter I was expected to lie to driver in order to get them to hire on with this company.
I felt this was not a good work practice and will not lie to anyone.
Pros
Not a good place to work.
Cons
Not a good place to work. I would not lie to drivers in order for them to come work for us.
didnt like company couldnt make ends meat
lease purchase-o/o (Former Employee) –  louisville kySeptember 10, 2015
driving a tractor trailer over the road.needed more miles than what they were willing to dispatch me on.management was all about co.and not the drivers.