J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Carrier Sales Coordinator - DON'T DO IT
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the other csc's were great
Cons: bad management, no work/life balance, abusive environment, etc.
Just cannot say how depressing this experience was. I signed on after a horrible waiting period after my final interview, enticed by the pay and the supposed advancement opportunity. The hours were horrible. The TM directly above me was rude, aggressive, insulting, and overall one of the worst bosses I've had. They billed the job as an early start/ early out position. THIS NEVER HAPPENED in the year I was there. I left my house at 6:30 in the morning and came home at 6:00 at night at the earliest. They constantly book impossible lanes to boost numbers at the expense of the employees and upward movement means you give up more and more of your life to this abusive company. The job itself? Prepare for a day of cold calling angry and rude Eastern European carriers who curse you, hang up on you, and debate with you. And the second something goes wrong? Prepare for your boss to yell (yes, literally yell, I cannot overstate how abrasive my boss was) at you that they need answers NOW as you try to get a fifty year old truck driver to answer his cell phone. Just avoid this at all costs and if you are currently employed there as a CSC, I hope you get out soon. Oh, and if they are kind enough to provide you lunch, that's code for lunch being cancelled that day due to a lack of hustle.
Work never ends
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: work never stops, stuck at a cubicle
Your day will consist of sitting at a cubicle for 8-10 hours in a day staring at a computer. When you do leave work, you are expected to have your cell phone on and respond to issues through out the evening if any arise.
Very poor
Truck Driver\ Route Planer (Former Employee), Lowell, AROctober 29, 2014
I never liked working for them it was just a stepping stone to get somewhere else
already did...
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee), dallasOctober 12, 2014
already did this......already did a review
company is okay. management is okay.
Jb hunt
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, AROctober 12, 2014
Work for three different accounts. The best was Home Depot. I left because I changed accounts and it was horrible. Was not able to get back on my old account. Pay wasn't adding up
Intermodal Division recently hired (5 weeks)
Intermodal driver (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids,IaOctober 11, 2014
Pros: still waiting
Cons: not enough tractors for new hires and are put in worn out eqpt.
Week 1: Orientation HR paperwork, drug, physical test
Week 2: Ride along with trainer to various Chicago rail terminals (Chicago traffic sucks and eats up your drive clock)
Week 3: on own and ran little over 1,700 miles with only couple issues that prevented me from getting 2,000 miles felt good and gross pay was just over $1,000
Week 4: tractor was due for B service (500,000 miles) shop mgr. discovered issue and that it was covered under Detroit Diesel Warranty and was without truck 5 of my working days.
Week 5: tractor broke down on 1st day it was given clean bill of health and now I'll be sitting because company says they "don't have enough tractors"

*** to the companies credit they do pay $75 DAY while your truck is broken down....unfortunately that's NOT enough to pay the bills. This company is large enough to have equipment readily available...
Productive/hectic workplace.
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), South River, New JerseyOctober 4, 2014
Pros: centralized location.
Cons: temporary assignment, no room for growth.
J.B. Hunt was quite an experience. As soon as you arrive, it's nonstop action on the phones and in the office. There was always someone needing something either in the office or in the field. Every day was different. Customers were very demanding, but their demands showed me that I was capable of alleviating problems before they escalated.
don't work here unless you only look for driving experience
driver dedicated ac# (Former Employee), Paterson,nj(sealy mattress)October 2, 2014
Pros: good salesman the recruiters
Cons: you never ever will get what you deserve
Bad company to work for,they promise one thing and you get another,benefits are terrible,they will suck up over $150.00 a week for a family plan and your doctor visits and medications way up there.......you get stuck on the road the service is terrible trying to get someone on your phone is an adventure and each call will cost you over 30 minutes of your phone...... my grade on this company will be -3stars
detail orented
I served as office clerk and warehouse personnel (Former Employee), Bossier City, LASeptember 30, 2014
Lack of communication with staff could cause major disruption in the work flow. Accurate measurement were paramount.
Great Company but Poor Job Security
Application Specialist (Current Employee), Lowell, ARSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: environment, peers, management
Cons: point system
I like this company and I love my job overall. However, there is little room for advancement in my department and there is no job security. They base everything on a scorecard that is out of your control and I don't think it is a good reference to your job performance or work ethic.
greener grass
CDL DRIVER (Former Employee), Lowell, ARSeptember 25, 2014
Cons: all
its not always greener on the other side of the fence. they preach in orientation one thing and when out at the account hired for its totally opposite.
This place sucks
Driver (Former Employee), HarrisburgSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
If you want to work for a company that will never have your back nor help you in any way, then by all means apply.
STAY AWAY!!! Do not make a Mistake by getting employed here (yard jocky)
Yard Jockey (Former Employee), Bethlehem PaSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: everything
By far the worst company I have worked for. You have no life, constantly changing your schedule like every week. They work you to death with little money, cut you hours and have you work more! They never give you raises when you completed your 6- yr employment. I was a yard jockey but the worst job I ever had.. Even truck drivers were quitting more because you alwAys wait for your load even when it's ready..
This company sucks
truck driver (Current Employee), Winterhaven Fl.September 15, 2014
Cons: long hours very low pay
Intermodal out of Winter Haven Fl. Been there 2 months recruiter told me I can make $850.00 to $1000.00 a week. That's a lie $450.00 for a 70 hour week Equals $6.42 an hour. I can flip burgers for more money. This company made 90 million dollars last year I know why us drivers don't get paid enough.
I hour at rail 2 hours at receivers another hour at rail and 2 more hours at a receiver adds up to 6 hours of no pay with 8 hours of driving. 14 hour shifts and make $6.42 an hour. When my drug test comes back I am gone. NO MONEY HERE
good fringe benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: supervision was not good
Company maintained good work relations with workers. Work was enjoyable.
Carrier Sales Coordinator - RISE (Current Employee), Lowell, ARSeptember 10, 2014
Hard work, logistics, team work, cold calling, great company with movement ability
Fun, productive, loud, busy workplace
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Lowell, ARSeptember 10, 2014
Freight Brokerage, cold calling, carrier sales, carrier customer service, price negotiation, problem solving, leadership roles, team work, multi tasking, presentations to management
Intermodal Local Truck Driver
Local Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee), Edgerton, KSSeptember 10, 2014
I drove an Intermodal Container for BNSF in Edgerton, Kansas. I drove Kansas, Nebraska, MO, and Iowa. I worked nights Monday thru Friday.
Everyday work
Transportation Representative (Former Employee), West OrangeSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: healthcare is expensive
It is a normal day at work definitely would work again for JB Hunt.
The branch office @ West Orange is very well run & administrated.
The Branch Director is by far 1 of the best bosses I have ever worked for.
Good starter job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2014
Old company with young inexperienced managers. Pay is less than average for the work and you will work long hours.

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more

J.B. Hunt Salaries