J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
SAFETY COMPLIANCE OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 13, 2016
I like JB Hunt. It's been good to me. I have enjoyed the learning experience they have provided. I like my coworkers and meeting new people.
Pros
Space
Cons
No Fault Policy
Awesome
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Franksville, WIOctober 11, 2016
You fix things that are broken. I learned how to take care of a hotel. The management was not the best. My co-workers were awesome people.
Great learning experince
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 10, 2016
I interned with JB Hunt my senior year of college and was eventually offered a full-time positions for after I graduate. It is a great learning experience and first job for students straight of out of college.
Ok place too work at
DCS driver (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 9, 2016
Normally i drive to my delivery and unload cabinets and counter bases and tops then drive to pick up a load going back and deliver it then go to the yard to get another trailer to deliver another load of cabinets
Pros
descent pay home every weekend
Cons
unloading
It is an alright place to work
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 6, 2016
While job overall is boring. It is an over the road job and nothing to get excited about. I did not like working for the company. It was hard getting out of one location looking for a load.
Management is virtually nonexistent. You have no contact with other employees
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
looking for a Load
Best years of my work experience
INTERNATIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 3, 2016
Worked there for 4 years and I learned a lot. The people there are amazing, I have nothing bad to say about JB Hunt. Best experience ever. Thank you for everything, I'm gonna miss you guys!
Amazing opportunity to get NYC driving experience
Tractor Trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTSeptember 29, 2016
Hard work, at an average of 14 hour work days. Great place to learn how to use an electronic pallet jack, on the other hand horrible equipment especially for new comers, down right dangerous in my opinion. During my time at JB HUNT Windsor Locks, CT management was horrible, no respect for new drivers, very slow response time, they were not helpful at all when something went wrong with equipment on the road. Great mix of employees, from different cultures. A lot of Jamaican, and Spanish people, minority were American, Russian and Polish people. The hardest part of the job and most stressful is dealing with NYC customers and NYC traffic. Most enjoyable part was getting to work in the big city, delivering food to downtown Manhattan.
Pros
BBQ Grilling during summer days
Cons
Unhealthy BBQ Grill Food
Delivering and assembly appliances
Driver Helper/Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day maybe thirteen stops all over San Antonio. I learned how to use a dolly more proficiently. I realize i am a lot stronger than i think. I really wasn't in close contact with management more close with the staff i worked with. Co-workers very experienced people who where knowledgeable about assembling house hold appliances. The hardest part of my job was doing apartments having to do the fourth and fifth floor with no elevator its ruff on the body. Most enjoyable part of my job seeing different parts of tx.
Pros
Money
Cons
Apartments
Great place to start a career
Client Services Tech/Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 26, 2016
J.B. Hunt is a good place to work and start or career or to jump start another. They will take the time to train in new positions.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
work is always available
Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2016
There is always work available. The company is flexible with traveling. They have a good training program and reward program.
Fast paced
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 22, 2016
Answering phones, fielding questions, entering data. I learned a great deal about the trucking industry and all its moving parts. Management was tough but fair. Enjoyed all my coworkers. Hardest part......Working a seriously bad accident. Enjoyable part is working with good hardworking people.
Pros
I was able to build my knowledge base
Cons
Very high stress job
Yard jockey
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 22, 2016
Enjoy my job at jb hunt and the work I do at the toys r us in lees summit mo the people I work with are the best we all wor as a team and that helps the yard run very smooth
fun work place
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I am so sorry I had to leave j.b.hunt. the reason I had to leave was because I had a child that needed me home because of so personal problems he was having and I couldn't be safe driving for j.b.hunt while he was going through what he was going through. my mind was always on him and I knew it would affect my driving safely so I decided to quit with help from my councilor at the time. this company treated me excellent and I am sorry to have had left and hope they didn't think ill of me how I left. the people I worked made the time away from home not so bad lol a great bunch of people I worked with and the drivers. I found friends with some
Pros
always there for you
Cons
my leaving this company
Fast-Paced, Interesting & Challenging - But no life
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 20, 2016
Constantly learning, constantly growing, see open positions for better positions all the time. But, you give up large portions of your life for this job and that is the toughest aspect to deal with.
Pros
Great "Employee First" Environment
Cons
No Work-Life Balance
Fun tanker company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOSeptember 19, 2016
The guys in the office try to keep you going as much as they can. They are very helpful and family is a big part of the company's founder. They are an excellent group of guys to work for!
Flexibility to own your career and advancement opportunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
JB Hunt was my first job out of college and it was very enjoyable. They also provided a good environment to learn and develop as well as travel to gain industry experience.
Great company
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 8, 2016
In times past was a great place to work. The original owner retired and the new manager did not apply an acceptable work ethic.
Reserved
Trailer Detention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Worked in a large company, which I enjoyed very much. I worked on a team with 12 other people doing similar duties. We had a team leader who guided us when needed.
Pros
Always had someone if needed
Cons
You had to learn to block people out
Local Driver
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 3, 2016
Local work and hours are not according to what local work should be however, I am currently injured receiving workmen's comp and hope to find work after my surgery.
Pros
New Trucks
Cons
Hours of work are not doable according to DOT standard.
hard to work for
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2016
while working for jb hunt I experienced a lot of problems dealing with loads and routes and pay, and also you work on a thin line no room for error expect you to move like a robot don't understand your also human and everybody makes mistakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9