J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employer Reviews

fast paced and high energy kind of job.
Packing Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great crew, great team work
Cons: short breaks, sometimes none.
On a typical day, i would take nightly truck list and find the pallets that would go onto each truck and mark them. My crew of 4 and i would load each pallet while scanning each individual piece. On this job i learned how to supervise my crew and kept everything timely and in control. The manager on duty would drive trucks into the designated bay. My – more... co-workers were very helpful when needed. If someone was behind, we would all jump on to the lane that needed help. The hardest part of working there is mixing up truck orders and putting them on the wrong trucks. We would then have to unload the truck or trucks and load them back properly. I enjoyed working at this job for its fast pace and the crew members. – less
Would not recommend
logistics (Former Employee), solon ohioDecember 18, 2013
Cons: pay hours, age
This company pays nothing, and does not like older workers and the interviewee is 20 years old.
Dont do it to yourself
Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARDecember 12, 2013
never had a truck available ,waited 3weeks for a truck i just gave up and went looking for something else.
I like the work environment and the management staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Solon, OhDecember 4, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: long commute, no advancement unless willing to locate out of state
I deal with a lot of customers and project managers. I maintain reports and drivers logs. I leaned how to use SAP at this company. I love my management staff and the drivers. We are all like family.
good place to work at
otr truck driver (Former Employee), south gate, caNovember 28, 2013
Pros: lots of pay
Cons: benefits
70 hours per week, keeping current log books, following safety and FMCSR regulations performing daily truck inspections, maintaining good costumer skills, and making on time delivery. I don't see my co workers often since we all drive trucks over the road. The hardest part of the job is getting home after being on the road for over 3 weeks. The best – more... part of the job is getting the pay check, – less
Management is not professional
Regional Driver (Current Employee), Forest Park,GaNovember 28, 2013
Pick loads up from rail and del.them and go somewhere else pick up a load and del. it back to one or the other rails in atlanta,ga
Valuable experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 26, 2013
Great position to gain real-world experience and tremendous responsibility directly out of college.
Great people, good place to work, compensation not very competitive
Manager (Current Employee), lowell,arNovember 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, job security, strong company
Cons: compensation, micromanaged
Work schedules are flexible. Typically work 6-4 or 7-5 monday through friday. Rotating weekend scheules. Management is very involved and depending on the department can be micromanaging. Overall a good place to work.
What you want to hear
Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2013
Told me what I wanted to hear. No miles, terrible dispatcher, slow truck
Unorganized
Material Handler (Former Employee), Southaven, MSNovember 16, 2013
Pros: 10 min breaks every 2 hours
Cons: short brakes
Work you hard for little pay.
very unorganized
management is not well
good workers just geting paid little
nothing is hard bt you will work fast and hard
the coworkers are very nice
Great place to gain and improve skills.
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee), Lumberton, NCNovember 15, 2013
The day starts out by knowing what needs to be done. Once we know what to do we get started staging our first shipment. My co-workers and I have great chemistry wihich makes the job easy and the days move along quickly.
Long Hours (10/11) same miles for same pay that we did at Hire 9hrs
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, OhioNovember 13, 2013
0415 come in see if your load is ready and do pre-trip inspection on truck/trailer Fix or call in for repairs on equipment if any, (sometimes there are repairs to deal with (no pay for repair issues could take a couple of Hours and most times you call the 24hr # for dispatch they don't answer so 0500 they may come in or not). Most of the time you are – more... out of yard by 0500. On most occasions I'll have two drop/hooks loads that are around 100 miles one way with Detroit or Cleveland area rush hour traffic to deal with both coming and leaving stores areas.The real back breaker to this dedicated account is when they added in rout back hauls that was no more pay miles but extended your day 10.5 hrs to 12.5 cause they were live loaded. Management spent more time thinking of ways to make a driver at fault for any thing (hard break recorded on your trk, they write you up then a week later the truck was in the shop for speed o sensor bad). Co-worker for most part was ok, some didn't know how to take their trash with them after using your Truck or calling in defects on trailers they drop on the yard. Hardest part about this job was not getting paid for all the down time cause by the management inabilities to get a grip on the repairs and stopping the drivers who dropped the defected equipment on the yard (these two issues cost me a lot of time and money). And the long hours every day made it real hard for exercising and normal family life. Enjoy ability in this job use to be fun, at the past year I began to think of how much transportation has changed sense I started 8 years ago. Now it's all about who can we get to take the blame most and easiest was the drivers. – less
Productive workplace, fast paced
Power Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great management, friendly atmosphere, team oriented
Cons: no room for advancement or job security
• Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
• Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
• Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job – more... requirements.
• Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
• Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed. – less
Hard Work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IANovember 7, 2013
Still currently employed with this company. A typical day consists of dissecting transportation problems that arise with customers of J.B. Hunt.

I learned how operations and sales of J.B. Hunt work and I learned the necessities of timely deliveries of customers product.

Great learning experience, not much advancement opportunity.
Good company very safe, bad shop management
shop mechanic San Bernardino (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 6, 2013
Cons: bad shop management @ san bernardino
San Bernardino shop is ran by a inexperienced shop manager manager. with a here today gone tomorrow attitude,very hard to work for, very temperamental with an attitude, no job security,revolving door, and pay is based on how friendly you are to the shop manager.
Over worked not enough people.
Installation Specialist (Former Employee), Houston TxNovember 5, 2013
Learned a skill and got good at it.and because of that i went in business for myself.
Fast pace work environment with a work out facility
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 4, 2013
Pros: worked over time and all benefits
Cons: distance
A typical day at JB Hunt was morning meetings. Setting up phone interviews with possible candidates for hire. Conducting back ground checks and making sure that the driver is the right fit for the company.
Trucking Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2013
A typical workday would start about 6am and go until 5pm. Through out the day I would assist about 9 managers with the daily funcitons of the office. From Terminal Manager, to Human Resources. The hardest part of my job was seing some get let go due to business needs or seeing someone loose there job.The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing the – more... different stories the truck drive would have each day. – less
very family oriented comp
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Conley, GANovember 4, 2013
very up to date on all the latest info news feeds and bulletins very good benefits big on safety
Best place I ever worked
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, AROctober 31, 2013
Loved working with students, staff and administrators. I learned a lot about computers and the ins and outs of the school system. Management was great for the most part. Very helpful and personable. My co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was the occasional student conflicts....but they worked themselves out. Most enjoyable part was – more... working with the kids. – less

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more