J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Great advancement and pay. Management doesn't listen
Account Manager (Former Employee), Noel, MOJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: tuition assistance, good health benefits, great pay
Cons: several that i do not believe corporate is aware of.
My advancement and pay increases were too good to be true. Starting a new segment with more experience than my OM was frustrating because he would never take my advice. As the third AM on the site in just over a year, I only saw major changes after a manager left. The company, as a whole, was good to work for.
I enjoy it
Company Driver (Current Employee), Forest park, GAJanuary 11, 2015
I like driving but would perfer to do something else.The company is good but they dont allow you to make as much money as you could.
big company but does not notice the drivers
Regional truck driver (Former Employee), st louis moJanuary 10, 2015
i liked it here but it was to hard to get some of the simplest things done. could not talk to road asst or anyone on the qualcom and had to call in for everything. but when you did you had to wait for almost an hr and then it wasnt your company it was out sourced and had to explain alot and took to much time.
look elsewhere for a place to work.
area service manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: tcby treats ice cream vendor after lunch in the cafeteria.
Cons: snotty people, especially upper management.
I worked here for close to 5 years and the people are snotty. it's a definite good ol boys system going on, and is extremely political.
if you need a pay check and you have no family this might be the place
former Local Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: home daily
Cons: cheat you out of pay prejudice and stressful enviroment
When I first started with J.B I was on the regional Intermodal , had worked my way up to local. Was on local for a good year..then things started changing on the night shift.. they replace good people with people who cheat you out of money you suppose to get paid for doing activity duties. They threaten a person with their job for not doing an unsafe delivery. Overall look for something better . Jb hunt use to be a good company to work for. Now it's ran by prejudice people in Atlanta and they look out for the good ole white boys.
Too big of a company for me.
Employment Investigator (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 7, 2015
Nice people in m department, but the company was run too much like the large corporation that it was for my comfort level.
Quality stable company
Special projects manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 3, 2015
Culture is strong work ethic. Expectation is at work on time every day. Some time for fun and some days are stressful.
hmmmm
Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: better pay, home time
Cons: dispatch is useless, people net is garbage and slow, to many young dispatchers that dont know the trucker life
night dispatch is a joke, no one answers the phone, never enough staff to answer phones. people net is absurd..
Not the best company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), York, PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: good hands on experience
Cons: company promotes who they like. good old boy system
At JB Hunt it is either hit or miss depending on the account. Stay away from the large accounts!! but then again there are small accounts with little supervision. All in all my experience was horrible. Horrible upper management and drivers can be treated poorly.
driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), bentenville ark.December 13, 2014
Pros: good money when have loads
Cons: policies need checkd
done my routes
I made some money, worked dedicated, ran for a good while till account fell through, same old thing as before
bumped into post with truck reported it and got let go
have an imaculate drivng record
Vehicle Safety
Dedicated CDL Driver (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXDecember 13, 2014
I ran dedicated lane from Dallas, TX to Laredo, TX and delivered all types of freight. My home time was every week and that made the job more enjoyable.
horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJDecember 12, 2014
Typical day was getting there at 5 am in the morning and waiting for someone to open up the door to get in. I learned nothing except that the people were back stabbers and were rude to work with. My co-worker were rude and nasty except one who was very nice. Hardest part of the day was sitting there waiting to go home. There was nothing enjoyable about the job.
J B Hunt
Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARDecember 11, 2014
Good pay rate
Drivers get no respect from any other companyies beacuse of the slow, underpowered trucks.
leadership
Appliance Installer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 8, 2014
Pros: out n the public
Cons: account managers, sending to dallas or chicago for oreantiaon
the account treated her employees the trash talked to us as if were we her kids, had no respect
dedicated run very physical
driver planner unloader (Former Employee), front royle va/rome NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: economey
truck driver duties planning multiple stops and where to eat
to be prepared to be a trainer and to haul doubles in NYC
fair
fair
weather
customers
Aggressive Co-workers and Peyton Place like work environment.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: having the flexibility to be over-the-road.
Cons: making the mistake of coming off the road for a dedicated routine.
Work days started early as midnight, with no real load security. Many days, I would sit and wait for dispatch, only to have the load pulled and given to a more aggressive driver. The most enjoyable part of the job was being relieved of duty after a stressful day.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
FM (Former Employee), CHCIAGONovember 20, 2014
Pros: nothing good
Cons: nothing good
COMPANY LIES TO YOU AND DONT TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE A FORCED DISPATCH AND WILL NOT LET THE DRIVERS KNOW WHEN THEY ARE IN TRAINING. OPS MANAGER IS NO GOOD AND WILL NOT HELP OUT. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Not a good company to work for
OTR Company Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: new truck
Cons: waste of hos time, short runs, glitches in qualcom, dispatchhers with poor attitudes, impossible to contact dm by phone
The typical day for the OTR driver(Company Driver) is not good because you don't get back-to-back loads. You can waste a lot of time setting and waiting for the next load. I learned that company drivers(OTR) will be very dissatisfied. I actually had to beg dispatch for longer hauls. From the beginning, I was sent to Florida to pick up a truck I was to be assigned to drive. Upon arrival, I found a truck that was totally unsafe to drive. This particular truck had bad tires(Steer tires in place of drive tires and bald), bird nest, a cracked 5th wheel, and totally filthy inside. Can you believe my driver manager wanted me to still drive the truck? After rectifying that situation, I was put into a 2015 truck, but that doesn't help if you are not being given loads and wasting time setting. When I picked up the new truck a fellow employee told me not to get excited because "a snake is still a snake". This is what I was told, and it turned out to be true. Most of the company drivers I spoke with were unhappy at J B Hunt, and really wanted to find a better company to work for. It may be better to be a Owner Operator or on a dedicated account when working for J B Hunt, because the OTR company drivers are totally unhappy. I would not recommend J B Hunt to the new OTR driver. Yes, "A Snake is A Snake", and I honestly wish I had never started with this company.
Great First job
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CANovember 16, 2014
Decent pay and standard benefits with lots of room for promotion if your willing to relocate. This is a great first job out of college.
very good place to
trailer tech/ night shift lead (Former Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: there was none when i work there
I enjoyed my time with this company it was my stepping stone to lead me where I am today,
Industry