J.D. Byrider

J.D. Byrider Employer Reviews

GOOD WORK EXPERIENCE
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLOctober 11, 2014
I have learned a lot about how to run a start up business. I have developed good conflict resolution skills.
Stay away, lacks honesty, integrity, and moral values
Service (Former Employee), Rogers, ARJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and customer interaction
Cons: lack of benefits, long hours, poor executive level management, the lack of ethics and morals by some
The Executive Management was very poor at this location and expected the employees to let real problems slide. (i.e. "do you really have to fix that leak or replace that tire, can't it just slide") They had no problem selling used cars with manufactures recalls without even telling the customer they existed. I was even asked to place front license plates – more... over damaged bumpers or place bug guards over the front of hoods to cover up damages.The business practices were very poor, even at times selling cars without actually having the vehicle title on hand yet make a sale and hope it came in before the customers temporary plates expired so they could register the car. I would not recommend this location to anyone to work unless you want to compromise your personal ethics, morals and values. Consumers beware you will pay twice as much for a car than what it is worth and you will charged a very high interest rate as well. – less

October 29, 2014

I worked at this location as a car sales person. This is not a place you want to ever work at, the above review is very true and more. I would not recommend this location to work to anyone, you will be miserable on a daily basis and good luck getting a lunch hour.

Caused More Harm Than Good With Customers (Predatory Lending)
Program Advisor (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 1, 2014
Pros: commission, healthcare, pto
Cons: new management ruined the companys reputation
At the beginning, you feel you are truly helping challenged credit customers with rebuilding their credit and providing them with reliable transportation. Eventually, you start getting complaints from customers that are on the side of the road, customers that can't schedule a service appointment for two weeks, customers whose circumstances change and – more... are harassed for payments, customers who are literally breaks down before the end of their auto loan and are still responsible for paying.

After a while, I felt like I was setting customers up with payments of $420 plus a month for ten year old cars.

Management changed at this location and the reputation was severed. New Management felt they could mistreat and be unprofessional with customers because of their financial situation or under-served circumstances.

Turnover was extremely high when dealing with uneducated and unprofessional management. They treated everyone as if they were disposable and could be replaced. You will never feel appreciated for the good performance you bring to the company.

*** DO NOT WORK AT JD BYRIDER/CNAC IN MERRILLVILLE *** – less
Great Benefits
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short to no breaks.
Offers great pay and benefits but what you have to go through on a daily basis it's almost like compensation for your stress.
Sub-prime lending and used vehicle sales
National Director of Service Operations (Current Employee), Carmel, INMay 27, 2014
Rapid growing business model through the acquisitioning franchise locations.
rebuilding credit
Sales (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 25, 2014
This company offered a program that allowed those with poor credit to re-establish or improve their credit.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons: commision
As a Sales Associate for J.D. Byrider, it was my job to explain our credit building financing to customers, and convince them to purchase our program.
I explained all benefits of our program, including our warranty, credit reporting, and helping them find a vehicle that suits the customers needs.
In the 3months I worked in sales I sold approximately – more... 21 vehicles. – less
BEST GUN STORE IN WV
BDC Associate & Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVNovember 5, 2013
This is a local family owned company that will work as hard as possible to please EVERY customer!
Enjoy working with my customers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 28, 2013
Pros: get to drive company vehicle daily
Cons: hours and chaotic environment
Come in around 8:30 am, read emails and go over scheduled appointment for the day. If there are any appointments that were a no show from the previous day, I call and follow up with those leads. Using our computer program I contact leads all leads to set up appointments.

Importance of persistence and consistency, how to actively listen to the facts, – more... to better assist our customers'. Stay objective versus subjective in sales and business in general.

Management is very un-organized and egotistical, there is absolutely no order of operation and business does not run smoothly.

Co workers are awesome we all have a great work relationship, we are all on the same page and work as a team.

Hours are very demanding and the work environment is not welcoming.

I really enjoy working with my customers, getting families back on the road and hopefully improving their lives by helping them build their credit. – less
it was a fun place to work and you learn alot
Office Manager/Title Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 6, 2013
Cons: no lunch breaks
my typical day was keeping the customer happy when posting there payments and making sure my work was complete by the end of the day, I have learned a lot in the 12 years that I have been with the company and I enjoyed doing my job. I like learning new things everyday. I enjoyed the customers the most and learning about them.
Great Employer
Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDJune 10, 2013
Pros: a lot of responsibility, great atmosphere
Cons: extended hour on saturdays lol
They are willing to teach you anything you need to know,they're very patient. The compensation is great plus its a very hands on position so you get to build relationships with your customers and you also get to meet them face to face.
Install cable
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 17, 2013
Pros: outside, customer service
Cons: no leadership, no advancment opportunities
Run cable lines, set up satellite TV. Interactive with customers to see where they wanted the lines and the cable boxes.
Great company with great growth potential
Buyer, Asset Management (Current Employee), PA, Indy, Cincy and KCMarch 29, 2013
Pros: good work environment, different every day.
Cons: lots of travel.
I am a buyer, my day consists of going to auctions and wholesalers to review, test, evaluate and price vehicles to be purchased and build relationships in the field. I work day in and day out with phone and email contact with Management at the corporate and store level to assure timely delivery of goods and help problem solve. Very exciting company – more... to work for, lots of travel required. – less
keep moving
sales (Former Employee), HermitageMarch 22, 2013
I worked there for 4 months and it is a cut throat buiness who will take a person's last dime and sell them a car that is only worth half that. Only benefit you get Sunday's off.
Great Company in which I gained unlimited experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHFebruary 11, 2013
- Manage and oversee all production in the store
- The daily complete operations of a business
- I was the manager and felt that I earned a great deal of respect from my employment
- In general, my co-workers helped make a great team
- The hardest part was balancing emotions from sales to service
- The reward of seeing the results of my actions and – more... helping others was my most enjoyable part. – less
Not a bad place to work overall
Sales Assoiciate (Former Employee), Greensboro NCDecember 6, 2012
made phone calls
set appointments
met new people
learned alot about selling cars
Very relaxed atmosphere with great co-workers!
Sales Program Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: catered lunches on saturday and your own office space.
Cons: low inventory making it hard to show a wide variety to a potential customer.
Although my time at J.D. Byrider was short lived, I would highly recommend anyone looking to start off in sales or get into the automotive industry to try out J.D. Byrider. They're great people and you get a chance to help out a different type of client every single day. Great company to work for.
Lousy stressful job.
Sales (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 31, 2012
Pros: paycheck
Cons: long hours, favoritism, no future, lousy health insurance!
Lousy,corrupt management. Talk about and make fun of customers behind there back. Lots of SHADY people and low moral. NOT a very professional enviroment. I worked there less than a year before management coud see I needed more in life than a paycheck! They served me up my walking papers. I would never buy a car from this place, I rather walk,LoL.

February 18, 2013

Some of these comments are coming from our various franchise locations. This would be based out of our corporate office in Carmel, IN.

Great Job
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 5, 2012
High Stress, great job, great staff, developed customer service skills

July 18, 2012

I'm kind of confused ... If it was such a great job, then why aren't you still working there? Also, please post more detail about their collections job.

Productive and fun workplace
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAJune 4, 2012
Was a far commute back an forth to work,But enjoyed working there.