J.D. Byrider Employee Reviews

Management Is UnProfessional
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 21, 2017
Work At JD Byrider For 2wks Management Is Very Unprofessional.They Have No Level Of Training There New Employees.When Budgets Are Done They Literally Go In The Back If The Office And Talk About There Potential Customers Lifestyle.This Place Have No Level Of Professionalism.This Place Needs A Make Over And Fast Beware Of The Devil In Sheep Clothing To Anyone That Wants To Work For This Company.. And The Owner Has No Idea About His Unprofessional Team
Great team players
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Working at JDBYRIDER , was def a different a good experience I learned how to deal with financial and insurances. The work environment was fun everyone knew how to be great team players and get the job done.
Good
BDC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2017
Hours 8AM-9PM
Sales and Marketing
Workplace was very dramatic, enjoyable. Focus on own work.
Hours were the hardest part.
Some of the staff was the most enjoyable part of the job and compensation
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
n/a
Technician\ Assisatant Manager, Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2017
I would work for them again if they were not so far away for a commute for me It had a descant balance of work and time off and you didn't have to worry about your check
unproductive.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 27, 2017
this job is impossible to do for any technician who wants to be thourough, theere are way too many bosses and none of them, including the owners are interested in effeciently running a shop.no one knows what the other is doing.
Cons
everything
Title Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44312February 27, 2017
J.D. Byrider took a chance on hiring me as a title clerk when I knew nothing about being a title clerk. I learned quickly and came to enjoy processing titles through an electronic scanning system and dealing with the other franchise title clerks. Unfortunately, the hours required to work this position left little time for a personal life by the time I got home in the evenings and working every Saturday until 6PM.
Pros
Hour lunches, learn a new skill
Cons
Late evenings and working every Saturday
Family oriented and highly productive job
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Great work schedule and good pay. I ran a high productive department which kept me busy but software was user friendly. I learned how to be organized and detail oriented.
Pros
job/life balance
Cons
healthcare
Salt lake company is the worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here for 10 months give or take. If i was not the lead sales rep, i was second. Found out the sales manager was cheating her sales log and she asked me to help her. When i refused, i was fired. A year later she was fired for not meeting her sales quota... Remarkable.
Pros
Owners are great people
Cons
Lagging pay, terrible manager
Hourly pay with paid time off
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAFebruary 17, 2017
J.D. was a fine place to work, with a relaxed atmosphere. The location I was at did its best to be very customer oriented. I would still be there if the service dept. had not been downsized.
Pros
Paid personal time and always felt like I was helping the customers advance.
Cons
A lot of big corporation politics.
Good place to learn
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  NunyaFebruary 14, 2017
If you work hard and want to learn the business its a good place.Hours are horrific and working holidays are senseless. Management is lacking human compassion and they say they care about you but most definetly dont mean it . Pressure to close deals is intense and goals and pay is structured only to their benfit . Benefits are good 401k is good if you can make it long enough to get 100% vested. Most dont make it their past 2 years . If your are overly spoken they dont want to hear it and it will cause your demise. Good ideas are taken and management claims them as their own It was an experience and overall its a tough job but some of the customers and employess you meet are worth it . Management is focused only on the bottom line and could care less about you as a person . If you are fake and are good at it you will advance far . I am glad for the experience but would never go back in any capacity of course they would nt want me back anyway .I speak the truth and they disdain that very much I am thankful for the experience but defintelt wounded by iot as well
Pros
good benefits excellent 401k
Cons
Hours, working holidays for nothing, lousy management
Horrible, beware
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 9, 2017
This is close to the worst place I've ever worked. Terrible benefits. Terrible management. Favoritism, terrible ownership. They say 1 week of vacation after a year, but you start earning after a year. Management seems nice but will lie to your face. Questionable repairs
Pros
Cons
Benefits work environment management everything
Oppressive work enviroment
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Long hours low commissions sales manager was disrespectful to employees and customers. Leads were not dispersed fairly and there was a extremely limited vehicle selection.
Pros
God a lot of windows to look out of
Cons
Heater did not work was freezing in the winter. Low approval rating of customers, and limited vehicle selection
Not so great!
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 30, 2017
Very unorganized management. ...managers only care about themselves and talk about and belittle their employees. There is no work\life balance at all. Even when you go to upper management you feel dumb for asking questions.
The program is amazing
Branch finance manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Great program to help people rebuild credit, and the warranty is hands down one of the best. Great people to work with, on site bank for fast approval.
Great team enviroment!
Program Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2017
Enjoy working with my co-workers. Feels good helping customers keep their jobs and better their lives by helping them get reliable, affordable transportation.
Helping customers get back out in the credit world.
Program Consultant (Current Employee) –  770 e new circle roadJanuary 17, 2017
Helping people with bad or no credit, by providing a safe dependable vehicle backed by a warranty with the opportunity to establish or re establish their credit. I still get chill bumps when I sell a customer on our program. Management is helpful and the ability to work together as a team to help the customer on the road to a brighter future.
Pros
helping others
Cons
too many hours, not enough time with family
Great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 16, 2017
This is a great place to gain sales experience! Helpful managers and staff. People actually care about your success. Unlimited earning ability. You actually see how you are helping others.
Pros
Unlimited earning
Cons
The hours
Fast work day, Always on the go with customers"problemsolving"
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Problem Solving was the key! Having team work was the goal always making sure building credit for our customer was our job! My co-workers were amazing and same with management. I was so sad to leave but family always comes first. Building customers credit and getting them into a better car and a higher score making that goal happen was the best feeling ever.
Pros
working with amazing people.
Cons
long hours at times "tax season"
Interesting job
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Worked several different positions. Really enjoyed working as a Cashier and taking payments from car owners. Service was a challenge but enjoyed working with the customers and the mechanics
Unorganized work environment
Detail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 5, 2017
All in all its a job...no type of career growth or self growth can come from J.D. Byrider. Can't complain about co-workers at all. Everyone is real easy to get along with. As far as management goes they need entirely too much work and reconstruction to run as a business. J.D. Byrider is supposed to help people with bad credit to get a car loan and achieve better credit. The way the system works it's almost as if they want people who cannot afford the payment's to come in more frequently. Bad part about it, sales managers sit with customers on what their budget is and IF they can afford it. Time and time again I see people getting these cars, wondering why our repo count is so high. Management? What management?
Pros
Detail my car
Cons
No breaks, No value of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.D. Byrider. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9