J.D. Byrider

J.D. Byrider Employee Reviews

Morally irresponsible company no values
sales (Former Employee), TexasMay 1, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: work your butt off and dont get rewarded
I worked here for 4 months and while I was not a great salesman, my general manager would talk to other employees about me and how he was going to fire me. Leads weren't sent to me like they were the others. Other coworkers would slip off and leave during the day and that would go "unnoticed" because they were selling cars. All they care about is if you are selling cars at a crazy interest rate to unsuspecting customers. I would never recommend working here unless it is a last resort.
They pay pretty well, but kiss your life good-bye
Former Employee (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2015
Having been with the company for a while, it was a shame to see some of the changes that the company made. Trying to be the largest will often destroy many companies. Work life balance is non-existent.
former collector in corporate, Carmel, IN
account manager (Former Employee), Carmel, IndianaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: slave mentality, no flexibility, uncaring
i started working here in Aug 2014,and all we got fed was lies and broken promises......

nobody knows what's going on, all they care about in management is money in their pockets. they dint care about you as an employee at all.....

they lie, cheat you, cheat customers, run credit cards without permission, blame employees for doing it and ultimately the turnover rate is one of the highest in the state of Indiana....
terrible place to work don't care about people in genereal
tech (Former Employee), CincinnatiMarch 3, 2015
Pros: money and bennifits
Cons: upper management not knowing how to properly manage
I worked for byrider for 6 years you are a number to upper management and all they care about is cash in their pocket they take advantage of everybody including people with bad credit and sell them high milage cars! If you are looking for a place to retire from this is not it they will miss treat you and treat you worse than their customers I have never been treated so poorly by an employer.
very productive and fun
Collections Account Manager (Current Employee), Carmel, INFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: pay, culture
Cons: not flexible with workers, quick in replacement
dont work here unless your focus on making money. unfortunately not a great company to work for if your still in school or if your focus is not work related.
Not professional, Uncaring
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 15, 2015
Unprofessional, Not good management, They don't care about their employees. They like to take people money and give them bad cars that don't work after a week.
SPARTANBURG BUSINESS CLOSED
ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: having many repos
DEALING WITH AUTO CUSTOMERS THAT HAD BAD CREDIT.
GETTING PEOPLE INTO A CAR WHEN MOST DEALERS WON'T.
The North Little Rock Arkansas store is a bad place to work. Management is all about themselves they rip off customers and employees
Collecting (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARNovember 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: general manager, finance manager.
I worked at J.D. Byrider in North Little Rock. The experience was one I will never forget. I would not want my enemy to work for them. Management is the worst! They cuss, yell and scream at employees as well as customers. They want you to work everyday that they are open and the manager spreads negative rumors about his employees around the building. This is a company to stay away from.
GOOD WORK EXPERIENCE
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLOctober 11, 2014
I have learned a lot about how to run a start up business. I have developed good conflict resolution skills.
Stay away, lacks honesty, integrity, and moral values
Service (Former Employee), Rogers, ARJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and customer interaction
Cons: lack of benefits, long hours, poor executive level management, the lack of ethics and morals by some
The Executive Management was very poor at this location and expected the employees to let real problems slide. (i.e. "do you really have to fix that leak or replace that tire, can't it just slide") They had no problem selling used cars with manufactures recalls without even telling the customer they existed. I was even asked to place front license plates over damaged bumpers or place bug guards over the front of hoods to cover up damages.The business practices were very poor, even at times selling cars without actually having the vehicle title on hand yet make a sale and hope it came in before the customers temporary plates expired so they could register the car. I would not recommend this location to anyone to work unless you want to compromise your personal ethics, morals and values. Consumers beware you will pay twice as much for a car than what it is worth and you will charged a very high interest rate as well.

October 29, 2014

I worked at this location as a car sales person. This is not a place you want to ever work at, the above review is very true and more. I would not recommend this location to work to anyone, you will be miserable on a daily basis and good luck getting a lunch hour.

Caused More Harm Than Good With Customers (Predatory Lending)
Program Advisor (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 1, 2014
Pros: commission, healthcare, pto
Cons: new management ruined the companys reputation
At the beginning, you feel you are truly helping challenged credit customers with rebuilding their credit and providing them with reliable transportation. Eventually, you start getting complaints from customers that are on the side of the road, customers that can't schedule a service appointment for two weeks, customers whose circumstances change and are harassed for payments, customers who are literally breaks down before the end of their auto loan and are still responsible for paying.

After a while, I felt like I was setting customers up with payments of $420 plus a month for ten year old cars.

Management changed at this location and the reputation was severed. New Management felt they could mistreat and be unprofessional with customers because of their financial situation or under-served circumstances.

Turnover was extremely high when dealing with uneducated and unprofessional management. They treated everyone as if they were disposable and could be replaced. You will never feel appreciated for the good performance you bring to the company.

*** DO NOT WORK AT JD BYRIDER/CNAC IN MERRILLVILLE ***
Great Benefits
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short to no breaks.
Offers great pay and benefits but what you have to go through on a daily basis it's almost like compensation for your stress.
Sub-prime lending and used vehicle sales
National Director of Service Operations (Current Employee), Carmel, INMay 27, 2014
Rapid growing business model through the acquisitioning franchise locations.
rebuilding credit
Sales (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 25, 2014
This company offered a program that allowed those with poor credit to re-establish or improve their credit.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons: commision
As a Sales Associate for J.D. Byrider, it was my job to explain our credit building financing to customers, and convince them to purchase our program.
I explained all benefits of our program, including our warranty, credit reporting, and helping them find a vehicle that suits the customers needs.
In the 3months I worked in sales I sold approximately 21 vehicles.
BEST GUN STORE IN WV
BDC Associate & Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVNovember 5, 2013
This is a local family owned company that will work as hard as possible to please EVERY customer!
Enjoy working with my customers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 28, 2013
Pros: get to drive company vehicle daily
Cons: hours and chaotic environment
Come in around 8:30 am, read emails and go over scheduled appointment for the day. If there are any appointments that were a no show from the previous day, I call and follow up with those leads. Using our computer program I contact leads all leads to set up appointments.

Importance of persistence and consistency, how to actively listen to the facts, to better assist our customers'. Stay objective versus subjective in sales and business in general.

Management is very un-organized and egotistical, there is absolutely no order of operation and business does not run smoothly.

Co workers are awesome we all have a great work relationship, we are all on the same page and work as a team.

Hours are very demanding and the work environment is not welcoming.

I really enjoy working with my customers, getting families back on the road and hopefully improving their lives by helping them build their credit.
it was a fun place to work and you learn alot
Office Manager/Title Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 6, 2013
Cons: no lunch breaks
my typical day was keeping the customer happy when posting there payments and making sure my work was complete by the end of the day, I have learned a lot in the 12 years that I have been with the company and I enjoyed doing my job. I like learning new things everyday. I enjoyed the customers the most and learning about them.
Great Employer
Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDJune 10, 2013
Pros: a lot of responsibility, great atmosphere
Cons: extended hour on saturdays lol
They are willing to teach you anything you need to know,they're very patient. The compensation is great plus its a very hands on position so you get to build relationships with your customers and you also get to meet them face to face.
Install cable
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 17, 2013
Pros: outside, customer service
Cons: no leadership, no advancment opportunities
Run cable lines, set up satellite TV. Interactive with customers to see where they wanted the lines and the cable boxes.

About J.D. Byrider

Since 1989, we have consistently dominated the used-car sales and sub-prime finance industry by continually enhancing our brand – Read more